Biden infrastructure/tax increase megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:00:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden infrastructure/tax increase megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 236
Author Topic: Biden infrastructure/tax increase megathread  (Read 244055 times)
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1250 on: September 17, 2021, 06:13:46 PM »

Well it’s about time someone else took a damn hostage after all the crap the GOP bought members have pulled.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1251 on: September 17, 2021, 06:29:31 PM »

Also worth noting, to cut off Alben, McArthur, Millennial Moderate, and the other Republicans with red avs, that the BIB was allowed to pass the Senate, and is being considered in the House, despite absolutely no input from relevant House committees, because they were ensured it would be twinned with a reconciliation package that unscrewed whatever they handed over to Mitt, very explicitly not the president, Romney and his goons.

We are here because Manchin, Sinema, and their house pets are incapable of dealing with other Democrats in good faith. They are the unreasonable ones here.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1252 on: September 17, 2021, 06:58:54 PM »

Also worth noting, to cut off Alben, McArthur, Millennial Moderate, and the other Republicans with red avs, that the BIB was allowed to pass the Senate, and is being considered in the House, despite absolutely no input from relevant House committees, because they were ensured it would be twinned with a reconciliation package that unscrewed whatever they handed over to Mitt, very explicitly not the president, Romney and his goons.

We are here because Manchin, Sinema, and their house pets are incapable of dealing with other Democrats in good faith. They are the unreasonable ones here.

Nothing is passing without Debt Limit Increase you might as well wait for this package, Yelled said no infrastructure or Anything is passing until Congress lifts the debt Ceiling passed 29T.

Right now Rs are playing politics, they know the debt ceiling needs to be increased every 2 yrs

Thank Goodness Cali is passing 600 checks Congress can't pass anything
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1253 on: September 17, 2021, 08:22:08 PM »

I'm going to lose my mind. Can these fools and the moderate idiots just vote for both bills and be done with it??? I don't understand.
They need to agree on the bill first. We are talking about trillions of dollars here and how the average American will live for the next decade. We have less than a year before we lose our trifecta

If I was Biden, I would have had the party vote on all this months ago. But we had to take a 40 day August recess ugh
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1254 on: September 17, 2021, 08:42:32 PM »

The "progressive" fools who are blocking the infrastructure bill are going to end up sinking the party in the midterm if they don't fold.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1255 on: September 17, 2021, 09:16:39 PM »

The "progressive" fools who are blocking the infrastructure bill are going to end up sinking the party in the midterm if they don't fold.

Can't you say the same thing about Manchin blocking the reconciliation bill and sinking the party?
Hollywood
« Reply #1256 on: September 18, 2021, 02:41:55 AM »

Can't you say the same thing about Manchin blocking the reconciliation bill and sinking the party?

That's not how US politics work.  The most liberal and/or Conservative members of the party are blamed for everything, and then they are pressured to fold by leadership.  The Bipartisan, Corporate establishment politicians are hailed as the heroes and avid statesmen for negotiating a Bipartisan compromise.  This is how it's always worked.  You had to have known that you were gonna get screwed when Biden, Sinema and Manchin stand by Romney for a photo-op. 
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #1257 on: September 18, 2021, 03:18:16 AM »

I expect the increase in tobacco and vaping taxes to be removed from the final bill.

Not only a breaking of the "no new taxes on those making under 400k a year" pledge, but just terrible politics. Young people vape.

Are vapers really people, though?

Speaking as one, no, we aren't Tongue

You have a Florida avatar, so... Tongue

I'm usually a straight D voter, but voting against Medicare drug negotiation is inexcusable. You have no business being in the Democratic Party. It's not a surprise that Kathleen Rice and Kurt Schrader are also among those that tried to make it difficult for Nancy Pelosi to reclaim the Speakership. If Schumer has the ear of NY Dems and Governor Hochul, Kathleen Rice needs to have her district obliterated. She literally ran ads last year going after the prescription drug companies. If she wants to work for the prescription drug companies, she can find work there. I hope Oregon Democrats can do something similar to Schrader or at least get a strong primary challenger in place.

One of the problems is that progressives divide their resources too much. I would say that focus needs to be on a small handful. This vote actually gives progressives a good target list: Kurt Schrader, Kathleen Rice, and Scott Peters. Progressives need to target them now and hard.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #1258 on: September 18, 2021, 03:19:18 AM »

No, because he is a spiritual cuckold.
Hollywood
« Reply #1259 on: September 18, 2021, 04:07:37 AM »

I expect the increase in tobacco and vaping taxes to be removed from the final bill.

Not only a breaking of the "no new taxes on those making under 400k a year" pledge, but just terrible politics. Young people vape.

Are vapers really people, though?

Speaking as one, no, we aren't Tongue

You have a Florida avatar, so... Tongue

I'm usually a straight D voter, but voting against Medicare drug negotiation is inexcusable. You have no business being in the Democratic Party. It's not a surprise that Kathleen Rice and Kurt Schrader are also among those that tried to make it difficult for Nancy Pelosi to reclaim the Speakership. If Schumer has the ear of NY Dems and Governor Hochul, Kathleen Rice needs to have her district obliterated. She literally ran ads last year going after the prescription drug companies. If she wants to work for the prescription drug companies, she can find work there. I hope Oregon Democrats can do something similar to Schrader or at least get a strong primary challenger in place.

One of the problems is that progressives divide their resources too much. I would say that focus needs to be on a small handful. This vote actually gives progressives a good target list: Kurt Schrader, Kathleen Rice, and Scott Peters. Progressives need to target them now and hard.

There's a lot of Democrats that work in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries making a lot of money.  If you go check the Bernie Sanders thread from last years primary, I saw at least three Democrats constantly bashing Bernie cause they thought he would effect their jobs in the field.  I've been one of the attorneys on suits against pharmaceutical companies pertaining to fraudulent claims under medicare Part B.  Those guys make a lot of money pushing as many doses of a drug.  They go to Hawaii to hold events where they give away over a millions of dollars in bonuses to top salespeople.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1260 on: September 18, 2021, 05:50:19 AM »

Do you guys understand that none of this is gonna pass anyways if the Debt Ceiling isn't raised, common sense tells you you can't pass a 4T stimulus bill if you can't Raise the Debt Ceiling
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1261 on: September 18, 2021, 07:47:50 AM »

Actually, after reading the article below, it is clear that the squad types don't have enough votes to stop anything, and I expect them to be kicked to the curb in due course.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/09/17/liberals-progressives-democrat-agenda-512621
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1262 on: September 18, 2021, 10:05:11 AM »

Manchin is from hostile territory where no other Democrats win, so he's excused,
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #1263 on: September 18, 2021, 10:09:18 AM »

Do moderates even care about expanding healthcare? Same sh**tty excuses.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1264 on: September 18, 2021, 10:18:40 AM »

We have to take as much as we can get.

We are lucky that we have Manchin in that seat instead of a Republican.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1265 on: September 18, 2021, 02:24:31 PM »

No, they don't. Our job as an electorate (members of all parties and independents) is to support primary and general challengers to obviously corrupt or uncaring officials.

It’s the job of the voters to voice their concerns and needs.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1266 on: September 18, 2021, 02:26:08 PM »

Manchin is from hostile territory where no other Democrats win, so he's excused,

Whether you think it's ok for him to do that or not, is it not in fact true the same way it is true for the Progressives?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1267 on: September 18, 2021, 02:27:17 PM »

That's not how US politics work. 

Isn't it how our discussions here can work though?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1268 on: September 18, 2021, 02:31:50 PM »

Actually, after reading the article below, it is clear that the squad types don't have enough votes to stop anything, and I expect them to be kicked to the curb in due course.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/09/17/liberals-progressives-democrat-agenda-512621

I don't get what in that article is indicating that for you. Half their caucus voting against leaves it many votes shy of passing with dems alone. And there's nothing there about a bunch of Republicans who are going to come on board.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1269 on: September 18, 2021, 04:30:50 PM »

I don't get what in that article is indicating that for you. Half their caucus voting against leaves it many votes shy of passing with dems alone. And there's nothing there about a bunch of Republicans who are going to come on board.

There are Pub votes for infrastructure. There were 19 of them in the Senate.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1270 on: September 18, 2021, 04:54:39 PM »

There are Pub votes for infrastructure. There were 19 of them in the Senate.

The Progressive caucus is like 95 members. You would need like 40 GOP Ayes with half the progressives opposed. Idk if that level of GOP support is there.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1271 on: September 18, 2021, 05:04:37 PM »

Nothing is happening on Stimulus until the Debt Ceiling is raised they can't pass a 4.7T bill, as I stayed before and Debt Ceiling hasn't been raised

They need to renegotiate their Budget deal and raise the Debt Ceiling
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1272 on: September 18, 2021, 05:34:33 PM »

The amount of alleged Democrats that seem to be rooting for Republicans to help the kill the reconciliation package is staggering.

And let’s be clear, that’s what we are talking about here, the second that the Romney-Lieberman BIB passes, Sinema and Manchin are going to call it a day and to hell with the rest of us. It’s not a question of well whatever Joe Manchin deigns to endorse versus nothing, it’s the BIB or BIB + reconciliation.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1273 on: September 18, 2021, 08:52:45 PM »

I think that Sinema is either quite stupid or genuinely believes this schitck will help her. I don't know which is worse.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1274 on: September 18, 2021, 11:26:16 PM »

I think that Sinema is either quite stupid or genuinely believes this schitck will help her. I don't know which is worse.

Well she does believe this schtick will help her.

Just not in the electoral way.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 236  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies