Biden infrastructure/tax increase megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 06:50:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden infrastructure/tax increase megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 236
Author Topic: Biden infrastructure/tax increase megathread  (Read 247312 times)
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1100 on: September 02, 2021, 03:08:26 PM »

Dems would be much better off running on an impactful 3.5T bill than some watered down flop bipartisan bill.

It's not a "flop bill".

Do you even know what is in it?

Maybe you should find out.

It's not nearly as comprehensive as the reconciliation bill so yes its a flop.

Give me everything I want or I'll blow everyone up.

That's called a hostage negotiation.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #1101 on: September 02, 2021, 03:09:50 PM »

I feel so disillusioned right now. Inaction by the Democrats have made me feel like not wanting to vote. What's the point?

Congressional Democrats should be ashamed that they allowed two Republicans to completely stall their agenda, and I won't shed any tears when they lose big in 2022. It is entirely their fault.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1102 on: September 02, 2021, 03:11:11 PM »

Dems would be much better off running on an impactful 3.5T bill than some watered down flop bipartisan bill.

It's not a "flop bill".

And that's not what Manchin is doing??? Sounding very hypocritical right now.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1103 on: September 02, 2021, 03:13:49 PM »

It's not a "flop bill".

No, it isn't.

He just said that he doesn't support the 3.5 trillion price tag.

Cut it in half and he'll say that he is satisfied.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1104 on: September 02, 2021, 03:16:15 PM »

It's not a "flop bill".

No, it isn't.

He's literally threatening to kill the reconciliation bill or anything near its price tag, so he's literally going kamikaze on the whole process cuz he knows House Dems won't take up the bipartisan bill without a reconciliation bill being passed by the senate. He's literally doing what you're accusing me of supporting. Talking about ruining the only thing Dems can run on, as if that's not exactly what he's doing right now.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1105 on: September 02, 2021, 03:17:19 PM »

It's not a "flop bill".

No, it isn't.

He's literally threatening to kill the reconciliation bill or anything near its price tag, so he's literally going kamikaze on the whole process cuz he knows House Dems won't take up the bipartisan bill without a reconciliation bill being passed by the senate. He's literally doing what you're accusing me of supporting. Talking about ruining the only thing Dems can run on, as if that's not exactly what he's doing right now.

CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1106 on: September 02, 2021, 03:21:17 PM »

It's not a "flop bill".

No, it isn't.

Lmao no. He gets his bipartisan bill, progressives and Party leaders get their 3.5T. Compromise isn't when moderates get everything they want and progressives keep giving more and more until moderates are satisfied. That's moderate dominance. Progressives already compromised by lowering the reconciliation from like 6T to 3.5T. Manchin needs to shut his mouth and accept that.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1107 on: September 02, 2021, 03:23:04 PM »

It's not a "flop bill".

No, it isn't.

Lmao no. He gets his bipartisan bill, progressives and Party leaders get their 3.5T. Compromise isn't when moderates get everything they want and progressives keep giving more and more until moderates are satisfied. That's moderate dominance. Progressives already compromised by lowering the reconciliation from like 6T to 3.5T. Manchin needs to shut his mouth and accept that.

How many "progressives" are running in Republican-leaning districts?
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1108 on: September 02, 2021, 03:24:27 PM »

It's not a "flop bill".

No, it isn't.

So moderates running in conservative districts (not that many btw) hold the party hostage until they get only what they want and progressives keep having to compromise? Yeah that's a dysfunctional divided party, really bad that that's something you want.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1109 on: September 02, 2021, 03:26:39 PM »

It's not a "flop bill".

No, it isn't.

Manchin is not winning re-election, he just should toe the party line and cash out with a nice job after 4 years, Cory Gardner understood this, which is why he just toed the party line for 6 years.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1110 on: September 02, 2021, 03:27:14 PM »

It's not a "flop bill".

No, it isn't.

So moderates running in conservative districts (not that many btw) hold the party hostage until they get only what they want and progressives keep having to compromise? Yeah that's a dysfunctional divided party, really bad that that's something you want.

No, what the so-called "progressives" are doing is holding the party hostage.

The moderates are just doing what they have to do to try to hold on to their seats.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1111 on: September 02, 2021, 03:28:09 PM »

It's not a "flop bill".

No, it isn't.

Manchin is not winning re-election, he just should toe the party line and cash out with a nice job after 4 years, Cory Gardner understood this, which is why he just toed the party line for 6 years.

He wasn't "supposed to win" last time.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1112 on: September 02, 2021, 03:29:14 PM »

It's not a "flop bill".

No, it isn't.

The moderates are just doing what they have to do to try to hold on to their seats.

If the moderates want to hold onto their seats they can allow the reconciliation bill to pass so they get both their moderate hero bipartisan bill and progressives get their reconciliation bill. Thus everyone wins. And everyone can go back to their districts with something sweet for their voters. Literally basic politics. Manchin is here threatening to blow it up FOR NO REASON considering he's toast in WV no matter what.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1113 on: September 02, 2021, 03:30:53 PM »

It's not a "flop bill".

No, it isn't.

He barely won in a midterm DEM wave year under a GOP pres. He's absolutely toast with a Republican at the top of the ballot during Bidens re-election which will probably see the GOP pres candidate winning by like 30 points. Don't be delusional.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1114 on: September 02, 2021, 03:31:23 PM »

It's not a "flop bill".

No, it isn't.

If the moderates want to hold onto their seats they can allow the reconciliation bill to pass so they get both their moderate hero bipartisan bill and progressives get their reconciliation bill. Thus everyone wins. And everyone can go back to their districts with something sweet for their voters. Literally basic politics. Manchin is here threatening to blow it up FOR NO REASON considering he's toast in WV no matter what.

The infrastructure bill has nothing to do with the reconciliation bill.

There is no reason for the "progressive" to hold the infrastructure bill hostage.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1115 on: September 02, 2021, 03:32:26 PM »

It's not a "flop bill".

No, it isn't.

He barely won in a midterm DEM wave year under a GOP pres. He's absolutely toast with a Republican at the top of the ballot during Bidens re-election which will probably see the GOP pres candidate winning by like 30 points. Don't be delusional.

Who knows?

Maybe West Virginia loves the infrastructure bill so much that they elect Manchin again.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1116 on: September 02, 2021, 03:32:51 PM »

It's not a "flop bill".

No, it isn't.

There is no reason for the "progressive" to hold the infrastructure bill hostage.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1117 on: September 02, 2021, 03:32:58 PM »

It's not a "flop bill".

No, it isn't.

There is a reason considering that if they didn't hold the infrastructure bill hostage Senate Dem moderates would abandon the reconciliation bill the second Biden signs the infrastructure bill.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1118 on: September 02, 2021, 03:33:47 PM »

It's not a "flop bill".

No, it isn't.

Who knows?

Maybe West Virginia loves the infrastructure bill so much that they elect Manchin again.

Maybe by rewarding him with *only* a 15% margin loss
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1119 on: September 02, 2021, 03:34:37 PM »

It's not a "flop bill".

No, it isn't.

There is a reason considering that if they didn't hold the infrastructure bill hostage Senate Dem moderates would abandon the reconciliation bill the second Biden signs the infrastructure bill.

You are just making assumptions.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1120 on: September 02, 2021, 03:35:51 PM »

It's not a "flop bill".

No, it isn't.

Pleaseee. Senate mod dems are barely wanting to pass reconciliation now and they have to if they want their precious infra bill. If Pelosi just passed the infra bill right away Senate mods and house mods as well would just abandon reconciliation
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1121 on: September 02, 2021, 03:37:27 PM »

It's not a "flop bill".

No, it isn't.

Pleaseee. Senate mod dems are barely wanting to pass reconciliation now and they have to if they want their precious infra bill. If Pelosi just passed the infra bill right away Senate mods and house mods as well would just abandon reconciliation

Do you not think they want stuff for their states?

I am sure they do.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1122 on: September 02, 2021, 03:40:43 PM »

It's not a "flop bill".

No, it isn't.

I am sure they do.

Clearly Manchin doesn't. West Virginia needs a whole meth makeover. In fact 3.5T is probably needed for WV alone
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1123 on: September 02, 2021, 03:43:30 PM »

It's not a "flop bill".

No, it isn't.

I am sure they do.

Clearly Manchin doesn't. West Virginia needs a whole meth makeover. In fact 3.5T is probably needed for WV alone

...just ask Manchin what he wants and do some horse-trading.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1124 on: September 02, 2021, 03:45:04 PM »

It's not a "flop bill".

No, it isn't.

I am sure they do.

...just ask Manchin what he wants and do some horse-trading.

He literally already got what he wants?? He got a bipartisan bill... he's being very selfish rn very toxic gatekeep-y of him tbh
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 236  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies