Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread 2021
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 04:22:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread 2021
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread 2021  (Read 6215 times)
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2021, 10:18:44 PM »

Rally
Kenosha, WI
Social distancing guidelines enforced, with crowd of approx. 1200

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9f/Kenosha%27s_Lakefront.jpg

Good evening Wisconsin!

You've enjoyed several months of strong DA leadership! We're working hard to get this nation through the pandemic and open our schools as quickly as possible. In the Lincoln Council, I'm pleased to be supporting a bill that will relax regional guidelines, so our children can learn in a classroom, not on a zoom call!

As we come out of this crisis, we're going to create jobs! meaningful infrastructure investments to fix our failing roads and bridges, we believe in discentivizing companies from outsourcing, banning of large corporate mergers to help our smaller businesses survive, and market-based solutions to promote renewable energy work.

Now, I'd like to briefly address some attacks on the fact that we dare to work with Labor. The Democratic Alliance is not a machine, nor are we a satellite of the Federalists, even though some people might wish we would be. We're willing to work with anyone to get the job done. I've worked with S019 in the council on issues like the regional tax structure and immigration reform. And that's not a bad thing. If you want a partisan group that puts party over country, you're not looking for us. But if you want a real solution-oriented party that will not just use people for votes, and will work with anyone to get the job done, that's just the sort of leadership your governor has provided, and will continue to provide if you re-elect him!

Now, here's your excellent Governor, Mark Baldwin!
RC
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -6.09

P P P

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2021, 10:36:11 PM »

Rally -  Fort Wayne, Indiana

Source:

Hello Fort Wayne! As elections are drawing near, it has become more and more clear that Governor Donnelly is the most qualified choice for the continuation of COVID policy that will get the great state of Indiana back on track.

Since I last spoke, Governor Donnelly made a huge deal, allying with Labor forces to bring Indiana to the forefront of strong leadership. Now, I've been very critical of Labor in the past, but I've known Judd Laurel. He's a fighter, someone who's known to get things done for the people, and a strong state like this deserves a strong ticket like Team Donnelly and Laurel.

Governor Donnelly is committed to preserving and revitalizing small businesses in the face of this pandemic. He's had one of the best plans in the country to help lower and middle class families thrive in the unfortunate conditions the pandemic era had brought upon us, and now with Indiana's Labor Party by our side, this state has hopes stronger than ever before.

The time is now Fort Wayne, the leader for the future lies in your hands, and there's no better man than Governor Peter Donnelly! Be sure to get out and vote!
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2021, 08:27:27 PM »

RALLY
@ Bayfront Park, Miami, Florida

50biscaynefountain
Averette at English Wikipedia, CC BY 3.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

Social Distancing Guidelines enforced with an attendance of approx. 7,000.

Good evening Miami!

It's nearing the end of the campaign, and that means that y'all need to get out and VOTE!

DA has shown time and time again our commitment to you. On making public areas accessible. On helping out first-time homeowners. On public transportation. On COVID. We have fought for you every step of the way, and we will keep fighting and fighting, because our work is never done! We're here in Miami because it's been a shining beacon of what the DA has been doing, on the local, state, and regional levels!

And with me now is a man who has worked so hard for the folks in this region. He and I used to be enemies, and now he's a good friend of mine because we found our common love of the people of Atlasia.

Come on out here, Speaker!

Quote from: Southern Speaker Tmth
It is great being here in Miami tonight, and as we close out the campaign, I'm glad to set the record straight on the results that the Democratic Alliance is producing for Southerners in the Southern Chamber.

Recently, former Southern Governor West Midlander went on the attack and said that the DA is aligning with Labor in the Chamber, which couldn't be further from the truth. He is intentionally misleading you and using fear tactics to suggest that we will keep everything shut down for the forseeable future. This is just silly and ironic considering he called out making baseless attacks, yet that is exactly what he is doing now. Let's check the factbook: It was the Democratic Alliance that wrote and pushed through the initial COVID legislation in February, supported by the Federalist Governor and Federalists in the Chamber. And now, it is the Democratic Alliance that authored an amendment that just went through that supports a smart reopening of the region and moves control of the issue away from the region and to local entities where it belongs. So his scare tactics could not be further from the truth, and it is clear that the former Governor needs to pay a little more attention before spouting nonsense on the campaign trail!

The Democratic Alliance is currently leading the South forward. As our the Speaker of the Chamber, it is my responsibility to work with all delegates to provide results for the region, and I will gladly work with a Federalist, Laborite or anyone else who wants to achieve positive outcomes for the region. I won't let my record be falsely attacked, and we will continue fighting hard for the South and all of Atlasia each and every day. On Election Day, vote for a party with proven results. Vote for the Democratic Alliance!

With that, I'm happy to introduce our next guest, a distinguished former Governor, who has fought for DA's values since it's inception. He led that region well, and he knows good leadership when he sees it! And he sees it in all of our candidates, not just here in Miami, but across the nation! Give a warm welcome to Mr. ReaganClinton!
RC
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -6.09

P P P

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2021, 09:07:26 PM »

Democratic Alliance Rally -  Miami, Florida

Source:

Good evening Miami! There isn't a place I'd rather be than here on this fantastic Florida night. As we've said time and time again throughout this campaign, the Democratic Alliance has always prided itself on strong leadership for the people of this country. In Miami, it's no different.

No city should be prouder of its Mayor than Miami, Maria Diaz has lead one of the most comprehensive local responses to the pandemic of any city in the country. For a city as busy as this one, the amazing effort that the mayor has made has placed Miami even better than the state of Florida overall. We're almost to the point where if vaccines are distributed as widely as they are today, Miami will be able to go to public events in mere months. Maybe Governor Chávez should take notice!

Mayor Diaz is a proven leader, and as with any member of the Democratic Alliance, she's put the people over party. That's what we're all here to do. We work together with people, both within and outside of our party, to greater help the citizens of Atlasia. Our motive doesn't come from a desire for power, we don't try to deceive people with dialogue that stands for nothing, we don't claim to be liberals and then spin our power into more inactivity.

We run our campaigns because the people deserve leadership that responds to issues that matter to their community, they deserve Representatives, Senators, Governors, and yes, especially Mayors who will stop at nothing to fight for the goal of providing meaningful help to those who need it most. This is leadership of, by, and for the people, and there is nobody more representative that this than Mayor Maria Diaz!

Miami, be sure to get out and vote. On Election Day, vote for the party of the people, vote for the Democratic Alliance! Now, enough of my stump speech, I'm proud to introduce Miami's own tonight, here she is, your mayor, Maria Diaz!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2021, 10:13:16 PM »

RALLY
@ McEuen Park, Coeur d'Alene Idaho

Coeur d'Alene 2018b
Antony-22, CC BY-SA 4.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0>, via Wikimedia Commons
Social Distancing Guidelines enforced with an attendance of approx. 1,200.

Good morning Coeur d'Alene!

I'm so happy to start a new tour of Atlasia right here in northern Idaho.

I feel obliged to address the big elephant in the room. Fremont's budget is, to put it lightly, a disaster for local communities. This isn't because of any big program that has failed, this is because the funding of pensions simply is not complete. It's like Rep. Ninja said last year:

When you go crazy spending on everything, the essentials suffer.

And now even your own mayor has come out in open criticism of the regional government on this issue!

Now let me be clear, this is not an attack on the character of Laborites, and it may seem odd to turn around and attack them after our pact last cycle. But this is not a petty attack, this is valid criticism. If the Federalists were to make a similar mistake in the South, I'd be saying the same thing. If you see a friend messing their life up unknowingly, do you stand by and watch them destroy themselves? Or do you try to point out what's wrong and give them a push in the right direction, in a solution that makes life easier for everyone involved?

That's what we aim to do here in Idaho, and across the nation. We want to fix what has gone wrong at all levels of government. We need the state government to help out communities through this crisis, so that here in Coeur d'Alene, you can invest in expanding your tourist sector rather than cover something that should already be covered. That's what we'll do here in Idaho if you elect us.

RALLY
@ Pioneer Park, Grangeville, ID

Grangeville Idaho August 2017
Jstuby, CC0, via Wikimedia Commons
Social Distancing Guidelines enforced with an attendance of approx. 350.

Good Afternoon to Grangeville!

It's great to be here in this little town, and I can see why our candidate for Governor calls this place home. Sadly, however, Grangeville has begun to decline.

One issue has been that the rail line that came here, the Camas Prairie Railroad, shut down the station here 20 years ago. I don't find it a coincidence that since then, Grangeville has stagnated. DA will, among other things to aid small towns, rebuild that old infrastructure. It's hard enough to get here for a lot of folks. You're out of the way, which is part of why so few people seem to notice y'all.

Luckily, the DA sees these issues, and how couldn't we? We're made up of folks like you who live in underprivileged areas. Folks like our candidate for governor, who's Grangeville born and raised. I'd like to introduce you to your next governor, though a lot of ya already know him, Jack Kennedy!

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2021, 12:03:44 AM »

RALLY
@ Ann Morrison Memorial Park, Boise, Idaho

Ann Morrison Memorial Park
Tamanoeconomico, CC BY-SA 4.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0>, via Wikimedia Commons
Social Distancing Guidelines enforced with an attendance of approx. 8,500.

Hello Boise!

I'm so happy to be here in front of such a diverse crowd. It's always nice to see folks of all walks of life here on the ground.

I want to start off by addressing, once again, the pensions issue. It shocks me that we have heard nothing from the regional government on how they'll help local communities with the burden they created, or even given the crisis a passing mention!. Not even a token gesture has been made. When you make mistakes, you don't ignore them. The right thing to do is address them to stop the effects of the mistake as soon as possible. I hope that the Fremont government does the right thing here.

With the money Boise is having to spend on pensions, we could do so much more. Like expand the VRT system, or construct community centers, or any number of other things! Believe me when I say that the DA will rectify this. We can, and will, do better.

RALLY
In Antler, ND

Customs house in Antler, North Dakota
Andrew Filer from Seattle (ex-Minneapolis), CC BY-SA 2.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0>, via Wikimedia Commons
Social Distancing Guidelines enforced with an attendance of approx. 15.

Good afternoon Antler! Always glad to be back here after the AFP convention a few months ago.

Let's be honest, small towns like y'all are struggling all over the state. You're at a quarter of your population from 1980, when the grade school was threatening to close, and finally did a few years later.

DA has a plan to help y'all out. Just like what we did in the South, we're going to help out first-time homeowners with a tax break. However, we will also push for a larger tax break for those who move into small municipalities to breathe new life in small towns like Antler. Let's bring our small towns back from the brink. Let's get out there and vote DA this month.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2021, 10:54:03 PM »

RALLY
@ Cowles Commons, Des Moines, Iowa

Des Moines, Iowa aerial 01A
Joe Mabel, CC BY-SA 3.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0>, via Wikimedia Commons
Social Distancing Guidelines enforced with an attendance of approx. 500.

Good morning Des Moines!

I'm excited to be here in Iowa advocating for you.

I want to talk about, well, one of my favorite topics, so much so that it's been memed quite a bit by Labor youth groups and well, you know what, power to 'em. Public Transportation is still such a huge issue to me.

Maybe it's because of my mom who can't drive because of her epilepsy, or friends of mine who are disabled as well. Maybe it's because of the poor or homeless folks I've met all over the nation who can't get around on anything but their own two feet, or maybe a bicycle if they're lucky and live in an area that's bike friendly.

But luckily here in Des Moines you all take care of your people well. You have, at least from what I can tell, a very good system. But we can always make it better. You needed a grant to have an electric bus pilot program. We should fund that more through the state and local government.

Of course, don't take it from me, take it from your next Governor, the DART Commissioner from Windsor Heights, Gus Huxley!

Meet the Candidates
@ Windsor Heights Dairy Queen, Iowa

WB and candidates including Gus Huxley met constituents at the Windsor Heights Dairy Queen, famous for being a good place for u kno what

RALLY
In Beaconsfield, Iowa

BeaconsfieldSupplyStore.NRPH-07000451.Beaconsfield.Iowa.20170409-6194
Mclarenj, CC BY-SA 4.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0>, via Wikimedia Commons
Social Distancing Guidelines enforced with an attendance of approx. 10.

Hello Beaconsfield!

Well, I'm glad to see a good turnout here in such a small, but extremely important town. I've said before that tiny towns can do great things, and you all are the prime example of it. Home of the first Hy-Vee, and also to Peggy Whitson.

Why can't we invest in small towns like you all to create more success stories like these? DA has been saying this from the beginning, and we're gonna keep saying it. We'll work for you.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2021, 11:20:51 PM »

RALLY
@ Kansas Statehouse, Topeka, Kansas

Kansas Statehouse 2015
Crazy Fred ET, CC BY-SA 3.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0>, via Wikimedia Commons
Social Distancing Guidelines enforced with an attendance of approx. 1700.

Hello Topeka!

I'm overjoyed to be back here in the South, helping spread the DA's message.

I stood here at the beginning of the year telling you all that the DA would help fight for a more civil Atlasia. Well, I think it's fair to say that we have succeeded in getting that ball rolling. We haven't participated in the mudslinging, the name-calling, and the non-policy focus some other folks have been doing on the campaign trail. Civility doesn't mean no criticism, of course. Just look at what I've said over in Idaho for that. But I kept it focused on policy to help people. I didn't call anyone names. Sadly, we can look over in Iowa, where I was just a couple days ago, for the opposite. While I made nice, positive comments about public transportation and investing in rural communities, two things the DA has always been hammering on, others were calling each other puppets and quacks!

The DA doesn't resort to such rhetoric because we don't have to. Everything we say is genuine, and focused on you, the people, not on the eternal "enemy" of the other side.

I'll continue by saying that we've been helping reduce the tensions through our rhetoric. When I came here at the beginning of this year, your beloved Governor was nearly kidnapped, and who knows what could have happened if those terrorists succeeded. Now, a few months later, we've seen a cooling of tensions. We have, hopefully, prevented a new Bloody Kansas over 150 years after the previous one.

Now, to the man who can attest to those cooling tensions better than anyone else, your Governor, James Benson!

Rally
@ Big Well Park and Playground, Greensburg, Kansas

Big Well Museum
GreensburgKansasTourism, CC BY-SA 4.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0>, via Wikimedia Commons
Social Distancing Guidelines enforced with an attendance of approx. 400.

Good afternoon Greensburg!

I'm glad to finally visit this town that I've been interested in for so long. Your town's rebirth is an inspiration to all.

I have to say I love the way Greensburg looks now. I think a lot of what y'all have here is close to my, and I'd say a good majority of the DA's, ideal of development. Green, clean, and modern. The only thing that's missing is a bus system! Laughs

Nah, I'm joking, but DA hopes to bring this type of development to Kansas' growing suburbs by providing financial incentives to those building a new house if they meet LEED Platinum standards. That's how we work to help the environment on the small scale, and that will help you all! Climate change is predicted to have a big effect on agriculture. Y'all have had to make enough revolutionary change, let's make sure you don't need a new round of that in farming.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2021, 10:40:17 PM »
« Edited: April 15, 2021, 01:46:14 AM by Chair WB »

Speech
In Furry, Mississippi

Good morning to the people of Mississippi!

I'm here because I found a place where I think we could encourage a new community to grow. A community of folks who the DA, and especially the AFP, have fought for for a while.

And we've been helping folks all over the south through initiatives like the tax credit for first-time homeowners. Thanks to it, we can make places like this into new bastions of culture and growth. I have done my part by personally aiding certain folks into moving here, and they stand with me today in their full garb, showing what this new town will become.

It's not a success story yet, but it's well on it's way there. And it's thanks to the DA and AFP. Thanks to the work we've done, and the work we will continue to do, new, modern, environmental houses will be built across this state.

MEET THE CANDIDATES
@The Froghead Grill, Clinton, Mississippi

WB and DA candidates met constituents at the Cajun-style restaurant.

Rally
@ IG Levy Memorial Park, Pascagoula, Mississippi

Pascagoula sign
User:Staecker, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons
Social Distancing Guidelines enforced with an attendance of approx. 1000.

Good afternoon Pascagoula!

Glad to be here on the Gulf Coast again after a couple months. It's almost as beautiful as Charleston, though I think y'all would say the opposite if you came to South Carolina! Laughs

Well, just like in Charleston, y'all have to face the mounting issues of climate change, and there's multiple fronts we can do that on, and DA has always been at the forefront of local solutions making change beyond city, county, and state borders. In SC we just passed a tax credit bill that gives financial incentives to large developers and individuals alike if they build LEED Platinum certified housing. Some folks would criticize us for giving this to the developers, but if you ask me, I'd rather they build environmentally friendly housing than the alternatives. And of course we have advocated for public transport within big cities and to small towns to cut down on car emissions.

It's stuff like that that effects everyone. From Kansas' farms to Mississippi's coasts, climate change will have a big impact unless we fight against it. That's what we've done in other states and that's what we'll do here in Mississippi.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2021, 01:43:03 AM »

The Virgin Islands branch of the Young DA recently posted the following meme online. It has also been made an online advertisement in social media.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2021, 08:43:03 AM »

RALLY
@ David C. Canegata Park, Christiansted, Virgin Islands

Christiansted, US Virgin Islands, from Recovery Hill
Jpheym Jason P. Heym, Seascape Pool Center, Inc., CC BY-SA 3.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

Hello Christiansted!

I'm so happy to be here in the beautiful Virgin Islands to continue my campaign. Sadly, despite your home's beauty, there are still problems here.

And the one I want to address here on Saint Croix is the need for diversification of the economy. We saw after the hurricanes of 2017 that keeping the VI's economy almost entirely dependent on tourism was not stable. Before 2017, tourism employed 8000 people. Now it is at 5000, which has increased over the past couple months thanks to Governor Allen's work.

We need to make sure that the next time a storm comes, not just the people of the Virgin Islands, but your economy as well, weather the storm. Governor Allen has been working to do that, through small business initiatives, and especially through green energy initiatives. Y'all need another term of Governor Allen!

Speech
@ Cruz Bay Beach, Cruz Bay

Cruz Bay, Saint John; United States Virgin Islands
FloNight  (Sydney Poore) and Russell Poore, CC BY-SA 3.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0>, via Wikimedia Commons
Social Distancing Guidelines enforced with an attendance of approx. 50.

Good morning Cruz Bay!

I came here to Saint John because the DA is here to fight for you. We've already been doing that. Thanks to the hard work of Governor Chad D. Allen, the Virgin Islands clean as far as COVID goes. But that's not the only thing he's done.

It's no secret that electricity costs a lot in the Virgin Islands, but you may have noticed it's gotten a bit cheaper recently. That's because the DA, working with parties from all over the spectrum, was able to get a solar generating station funded and built, which is now employing dozens. It's a small step on the road to a better life here, but it's one the DA fought for, and it's a sign of what will come should you entrust Governor Allen with another term.

Rally
@ Franklin D. Roosevelt Memorial Park, Charlotte Amalie

View of St. Thomas
Sunil Pereira, CC BY-SA 3.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

Good afternoon Charlotte Amalie!

I wanted to talk to you all about one of the big looming threats that faces the Virgin Islands: Climate Change.

Everyone here is aware at how bad hurricanes can damage your economy, your livelihoods. Now imagine what would happen if we saw more intense hurricanes more often, with higher sea levels to boot? We need to make sure that nightmare doesn't become a reality.

Luckily, the DA and Governor Allen have worked hard to move the Virgin Islands to green energy, not only helping slow climate change, but also employing several Virgin Islanders at the solar facility located here on Saint Thomas. Governor Allen is already working to see an expansion of these facilities, and construction of other renewable energy facilities. It's the way forward!

Now, I'm glad to introduce to you all the man who has worked so hard the past couple months, and is ready for another term to serve you! Please welcome Governor Chad D. Allen!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2021, 05:30:45 AM »

WB's events (Since I've been very busy I don't have the time to do big writeups of the speeches, sorry about that)

Rally @ Long Leaf Park in Wilmington, NC
-Discussed the need to better maintain the Intracoastal Waterway
-Approx 1000 attendees

Meet the Candidates @ Whit's Frozen Custard in Hendersonville, NC

Rally @ Aston Park in Asheville, NC
-Discussed expansion of public transport in the area, introducing the DA Gubernatorial Candidate and Asheville Mayor Eugene Shivers
-Approx 750 attendees

Rally in Logan, WV
-Discussed DA's commitment to a transition towards Green energy in WV, bringing back lost jobs
-Introduced Gubernatorial Candidate and State Senator Jo Ojeda

Rally @ Oak Hill Park in Olean, NY
-Discussed my small town heritage (my dad grew up across the border in Bradford) and how DA has had a strong focus on them since the beginning
-Approx 1,500 attendees

Meet the Candidates @ Abbott's Frozen Custard in Rochester, NY (can you tell that I like frozen custard? Tongue)

Rally @ Ontario Beach Park in Rochester, NY
-Discussed the need to continue expanding tech industries in the city, as they helped prevent the drastic loss of jobs that was seen in other Great Lakes cities. Brought up the AFP's role in the DA and how the "Future Focus" of the DA looks to expand those industries.
-Introduced DA Gubernatorial Candidate and Rochester Mayor Ethel Mannheimer
-Approx. 6000 attendees
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2021, 02:02:54 PM »

Symbols are powerful things. The DA's campaigns in all states now have logos. Each logo includes the DA Logo over a simplified outline of the state/territory/city, and a line stating our main focus for each one. For example in North Dakota it is "DA FOR NORTH DAKOTA'S SMALL TOWNS".

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2021, 08:08:26 PM »

Rally @ Crotona Park in the Bronx, NY
-Discussed implementing numerous efficiency improvements to the subway system with cooperation with Mayor Silver
-Approx 2,500 attendees

Rally @ Brookwood Hall Park in Islip, NY
-Discussed DA's focus on public transportation, improving the LIRR and expanding it
-Approx 1,000 attendees

Rally @ Prince Henry the Navigator Park, New Bedford, MA
-Discussed impact of climate change on the local fishing industry
-Introduced Dr. Martha Vine, who has a PhD in climatology and is the DA Gubernatorial Candidate
-Approx 500 attendees

Rally @ Nelson Memorial Park, Plymouth, MA
-Discussed MA's focus on localities and the DA's similar focus
-Approx. 500 attendees

Rally @ Boston Common, Boston, MA
-Discussed plans to expand the T, give more power to local community councils, and fight climate change
-Introduced numerous candidates for State House and Senate running in the Boston area.
-Approx. 10,000 attendees
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2021, 11:25:59 PM »

Former President Tmthforu94 Tours Kansas, Touts Benson's Record

Morning Stop - Meet and Greet with Supporters in Overland Park, KS
It's great to be here today in OP! Thank you all for the hard work you're doing - as the campaign comes to a close, continue fighting hard for the values and issues you believe in, leave no stone unturned, and I am confident we will see a DA victory!
Afternoon Stop - Roundtable with Students and Educators in Lawrence, KS
Evening Stop - Rally with Governor Benson in Topeka, KS
Good evening! It's been a joy getting to campaign in my homestate in the final days of the campaign, I am so honored to be here with my good friend - your Governor Benson!!!!!

Governor Benson has a proven record of bipartisanship and working for all of Atlasia - the idea that what unites us is greater than what divides us, that as Atlasians we can overcome our differences to find solutions. This desire for unity and action, something that has been missing, is what led us to form the Democratic Alliance in the first place. During his first term, you've seen those principles put into action - as both sides continue their heightened partisanship, Governor Benson remains a collected voice advocating for common-sense solutions.

Kansans are pragmatic, populist people. The Democratic Alliance has brought responsible governance here to Kansas and we are here to stay. Our party will continue to bring solutions for more opportunities for the middle class. Governor Benson has been one of the greatest Governors to work with the Southern Chamber, and our common-sense approach with vaccine distribution and reopening saw praise from across Atlasia and the world.

Kansans - continue the momentum, continue the great progress that is being made in this state. Don't give in to the partisan rhetoric, and in this election, vote for Governor Benson and your DA candidates up and down the ballot!!!

And now, it is my pleasure to introduce to you your Governor....Governor Benson!!!

*the crowd goes wild*

The following digital advertisement will run across Kansas for the remainder of the campaign:

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2021, 10:53:03 PM »

RALLY
@Parade Ground, Van Cortlandt Park, Bronx, NY

Entrance To Van Cortlandt Park 2012
Anthony22 at English Wikipedia, CC BY-SA 3.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

Social Distancing guidelines were enforced with an attendance of approx. 16,000.

Hello New York!!!

I'm so, so happy to be here in the capital of the world, and to be here with your next governor, as well as a number of folks who hope to be your next state reps and senators.

New York has been a big center of innovation for years. Now, we must ask ourselves: which party has offered solutions that other parties haven't? which party is innovative? which party is partnered with another that promises a focus on the future? It's the DA.

We were the ones who helped first-time homeowners. We are the ones wanting to improve environmental standards for housing through incentives. We are the ones wanting to expand public transport to reduce our emissions. We are the ones fighting for mixed-zoning to make life easier for everyone.

We have been the party of innovation since the start. We have been focused on fact-oriented solutions. That's what we've fought for, and that's what we're gonna keep fighting for if you elect DA folks up and down the ballot! Now, to the woman who's guided Rochester down that path, and who will guide New York down it! Welcome your next Governor, Ethel Mannheimer!!!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2021, 12:04:12 PM »

Former President Tmthforu94 Kicks off campaign in Missouri

WikiMedia Commons
Former President Tmthforu94 speaks to supporters in Kansas City, MO

Folks, it is time for a Democratic Alliance emergence in Missouri!

I moved here to the Show Me State several months back and have been overwhelmed by the kindness and hospitality shown to me. Missourians are known for common sense - it's what motivated the state motto. In the last election, the Democratic Alliance did not have our best performance here. We are committed to changing that in this election. Last month, Kansans turned out in droves and gave the DA our biggest victory nationwide, both with Governor Benson and in the legislature.

Governor Benson is a results-oriented Governor, and his success has come from working across the aisle and reaching consensus with each decision. Missouri isn't seeing that right now with Governor Chamberlin. I've met Governor Chamberlin, he's a very kind person. But he has failed time and time again to work with the legislature to produce the results that Missouri desperately needs. In my time in the Southern Chamber, we produced results for working families in Missouri and across the region time and time again. Whether it was providing support to first time homeowners, improving our parks or successfully crafting a vaccine rollout plan, the Democratic Alliance has already been producing results for Missouri and we are excited to expand on that in the local elections.

Over the coming weeks, you'll see the Democratic Alliance campaign in full force across the state. We aren't just aiming to compete - we're aiming to win. It's time to deliver common sense governance for Missouri, and to elect a Governor who will bring all sides together for Missouri. That is what our candidate will do. And now it is my pleasure to introduce to you the next Governor of Missouri.....
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2021, 03:06:11 PM »
« Edited: May 06, 2021, 03:26:20 PM by tmthforu94 »

Democratic Alliance Advertising

The following is an online advertisement that will be posted on Facebook and websites. It will run in Missouri, Texas and Kentucky beginning May 6th through election day.

The following is an online advertisement that will be posted on Facebook and websites. It will run in San Francisco beginning May 6th through election day.

The following is an online advertisement that will be posted on Facebook and websites. It will run in New Jersey beginning May 6th through election day.

Utah Neolib
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2021, 11:43:07 AM »
« Edited: May 11, 2021, 11:52:22 AM by Utah Neolib »

Rally
Brigham City, Utah
05-07-2021

I am thrilled to be in Brigham City today! The Democratic Alliance has a plan to revitalize towns like these, fueling economic growth and prosperity. These towns have been neglected over the years, without proper support. The Democratic Alliances has a plan to change that.
We also have a plan for getting your children back in classrooms, rather than on a zoom call, by slowly re-opening and getting as many vaccine shots in arms as possible.
Elect Ben Matheson for Governor and Jim Smith for Mayor, and we’ll make these promises happen!

Utah Tour, Part 1
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2021, 03:17:58 PM »

RALLY
@Parade Ground, Van Cortlandt Park, Bronx, NY

Entrance To Van Cortlandt Park 2012
Anthony22 at English Wikipedia, CC BY-SA 3.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

Social Distancing guidelines were enforced with an attendance of approx. 16,000.

Hello New York!!!

I'm so, so happy to be here in the capital of the world, and to be here with your next governor, as well as a number of folks who hope to be your next state reps and senators.

New York has been a big center of innovation for years. Now, we must ask ourselves: which party has offered solutions that other parties haven't? which party is innovative? which party is partnered with another that promises a focus on the future? It's the DA.

We were the ones who helped first-time homeowners. We are the ones wanting to improve environmental standards for housing through incentives. We are the ones wanting to expand public transport to reduce our emissions. We are the ones fighting for mixed-zoning to make life easier for everyone.

We have been the party of innovation since the start. We have been focused on fact-oriented solutions. That's what we've fought for, and that's what we're gonna keep fighting for if you elect DA folks up and down the ballot! Now, to the woman who's guided Rochester down that path, and who will guide New York down it! Welcome your next Governor, Ethel Mannheimer!!!

Incredibly off-topic here but my discord account doesn’t work anymore, somehow the email is invalid and I need the da discord link
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2021, 11:09:02 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2021, 11:07:02 PM by WB »

TURN UTAH BLUE TOUR, PART 1

RALLY
@ Rees Pioneer Park, Brigham City, UT

Approx 1000 attendees w/social distancing guidelines followed

Hello to Brigham City!

I'm happy to be here with my good friend UT Neolib to kick off another great DA campaign, and this one will see a lot of issues talked about here in Utah. Just last month Labor cemented their hold on Fremont, and I think we can all agree that no place should be under one-party rule!

But of course, the DA plans on campaigning, and delivering on, more than mere platitudes.

Like my good friend said, we have shown our commitment to small-town revitalization around the nation, and we've delivered that in South Carolina, Kansas, Rhode Island and elsewhere, where we've been able to work with all sides and make real solutions for the people. We want to add Utah to that list of success stories, and if you vote in Ben Matheson for Governor, he and the other amazing folks in the DA will do it. Now, here he is, your next Governor, Salt Lake County Councilman Ben Matheson!

RALLY
@ Merlin Orsen Central Park, Logan, UT

Approx. 3000 attendees w/social distancing guidelines followed

Good morning Logan!

Glad to continue this tour of Utah, where my friend Utah Neolib and I are visiting every single county in the state. That's because everyone in this state matters, and the DA listens to local concerns.

Like here in Logan, where there's a single high school for a city as big as this. Back home in South Carolina, we had a whole new high school built for a growing community one-fifth the size of Logan. It's clear that whatever the current government is doing is not working. We need to construct another high school here in Logan. There's no reason that we couldn't when other states are doing it far more frequently. Ben Matheson will do it as your next Governor, but the man who will be fighting for you all right here in Logan is my good friend Chase Hunter, your next MP!

RALLY
@ Randolph City Park, Randolph, UT

Approx. 75 attendees w/social distancing guidelines followed

Good day to everyone here in Randolph, Utah!

I wanted to talk about your town's reputation because, well, it's been bad by no fault of your own.

Even though it closed 15 years ago, the Old West Academy just outside of town has remained Randolph's biggest point of notoriety, and it sure wasn't a good one. Beatings, sexual abuse, and what can only be described as child torture occurred there. Their director had been previously arrested for child sexual abuse. Even now the shadow of that school looms over Randolph, and was likely a contributing factor to this town's decline over the past 2 decades.

We need to both ensure this doesn't happen again, and bring in something better to give Randolph the reputation it deserves, rather than one that was foisted upon it by horrible folks.

We need better oversight of private schools, to make sure that they aren't hurting our kids. We need to make sure that it's always possible for victims to contact the authorities. And we especially need to make sure there aren't damn child abusers coming into contact with everyone's kids every damn day!

And to help Randolph, we here in the DA know that you all know how best to improve your reputation, but you don't have the resources. Like in other states, we plan on giving back a good amount of money to small towns in order to create revitalization projects and encourage community growth.

This is not a controversial topic, it's common-sense, and the DA has always been about common-sense. For common-sense government that's gonna make sure nothing like Old West happens again, vote DA.

RALLY
@ Liberty Park, Ogden UT

Approx. 2500 attendees w/social distancing guidelines followed

Good afternoon Ogden!

Well, I found a great excuse to talk about one of my favorite topics, public transport.

Because the extremely important FrontRunner train line needs attention. This single line serves a huge portion of Utah's population, going from here down to Provo. But it can be improved. Even with the funding Fremont gave this state, we have seen little progress on the proposed expansions north to Brigham City and south to Nephi. Hell, the line has shrank in recent years with the closing of Pleasant View station in the north.

Research has showed time and time again that public transportation increases more than physical mobility, but social and economic mobility as well. It's a win for everyone involved. We must ensure that people can get to and from work, school, and elsewhere, without having to break the bank. The FrontRunner is a key part of that, and the DA has focused heavily on this issue before.

We have delivered elsewhere. We can do it here in Utah too.

With that, I bring you to a guy who knows just how much the FrontRunner can help folks! He was born in poverty, and worked 2 jobs just to get by. He was only able to break this cycle by going to school on nights and weekends, something he only could do because of the FrontRunner, because he had no car. Give a warm welcome to your next state senator, Jesús Romero!

RALLY
@Ellison Park, Layton, UT

Approx. 1750 attendees w/social distancing guidelines followed

Hello Layton!

When I was on my way down here from Ogden, riding on the FrontRunner, naturally, I noticed how much green space y'all have around here. It's a shame that so much of it, however, is not accessible to those with disabilities, especially kids.

But the DA has a plan to fix that. We already did it in the South. The GARRISON Act has seen many disabled kids in the South finally be able to have fun with everyone else. The fact that mirror acts have not been passed in Lincoln and Fremont is disappointing. But, we can push for similar acts on the state level. And that's what we're going to do. With me now is the woman who says that her very first act will be to introduce an act like the GARRISON Act. She lost a child to the same disease Garrison had, Spinal Muscular Atrophy. She has felt the pain of knowing that her kid couldn't even enjoy a playground like others. That's why she wants to make sure that no other parent in Utah has to deal with that too! I'm glad to introduce your next state Senator, Maria Hetkamp!

RALLY
@Riverside Park, Morgan, UT

Approx. 500 attendees w/social distancing guidelines followed

Good afternoon Morgan!

Well, I was on my way here and being interested in every place I stop, I looked y'all up and found out that nearly half of you commute out of the county for work. I was surprised, but I was doubly surprised to see how you're forced to drive into Ogden. What of the people who can't afford it?

We need to expand Utah's rail to not just be one line. The infrastructure is there. The railroad that brought this town to life is only a quarter mile away from here. We need to give everyone a platform to lift themselves off of, and for some, that platform happens to be a train platform. That's why I'm glad to be here with your next Governor, who's gonna fight for expanding light rail across Utah, Ben Matheson!

SPEECH
In Echo, UT

Media presence as well as a small group of bystanders attended with social distancing guidelines followed

Good evening Echo!

Well, I think a lot of folks would call y'all a "dead town". I've seen plenty in my life. But I don't think everyone should give up on you. The town, like any creature threatened with extinction, must adapt. And with that I bring an idea that could increase tourism and breathe some life into the city. Because someone's written about this town, and it's gotten famous among certain circles because of it. But, it's not famous enough. We should fund an effort to expand Echo's name recognition to bring in these folks to see what Echo's about. And with me is a guy who won't give up on this town either! He's running to be your next MP, give it up for Leo Alvarez!
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2021, 04:24:24 PM »
« Edited: May 11, 2021, 11:52:48 AM by Utah Neolib »

DA RALLY
Tooele City, Utah
05-10-2021
How we doin’ Tooele! *crowd cheers*
The Democratic Alliance believes that transportation should be a top priority. Transportation reduces traffic levels, and helps grow city economies. Our candidate for Tooele Mayor, Jim McAdams also believes that. Many people over the years in Tooele and Utah have neglected public transportation. It’s time for that to change!
Elect Jim McAdams for Mayor and Ben Matheson for Governor, and we’ll make it happen!
*socially distanced crowd claps loudly*

TURN UTAH BLUE TOUR, PT1
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2021, 06:35:51 PM »

Former President Tmthforu94 Campaigns in Wyoming

Source: WikiMedia Commons
Former President Tmthforu94 makes a stop in Cheyanne, Wyoming

Morning: Meet with Young DAers of Wyoming in Laramie, Wyoming

Good morning! It is great to be visiting through Wyoming today! The election is off to a hot start, and the Democratic Alliance is committed to contesting everywhere and showing The People of Wyoming why we are the party best prepared to lead. Governor Thomas is no doubt very popular, but I believe in our message and think we have an opportunity to perform very well in the Governor's race and especially in legislative races across the state. I want to thank you all for your continued support - remember to share with your friends, your neighbors, your family, why you are in DA...why we are ready to lead. Thank you!

Evening: TownHall Event in Cheyanne, Wyoming
I want to thank everyone for the warm welcome they gave me this evening - this is my second time visiting Wyoming and it is so great to be back. Some strategists asked why I was making a visit, and tried to show me poll numbers. I don't always follow the poll numbers, I'll go wherever I'm welcomed and am happy to be here tonight and to share with you all what the DA is about, and I appreciate you for hearing me out.

Not too far away in Kansas, Governor Benson just was reelected with a large mandate from The People. He didn't win by throwing out red meat to the extremes of one side or the other to get them going. Despite the radical insurrection that occurred there, Governor Benson kept calm and collected, and continued to govern in a way that brought all sides together. He de-escalated the situation, rather than over-escalation, and on issue after issue has provided results for Kansas.

That is what our candidates for Governor and the State legislature can do here in Wyoming. We are consensus builders - we'll work with Labor, Federalists or Liberals...anyone who is willing to come to the table with us and create results for Wyoming families and small businesses.

In the upcoming elections, I ask you to vote for Democrat Alliance. Thank you and good night!

The following ad will be running throughout Wyoming, as well as Montana and Utah, through Election Day. It is being distributed via newspaper circulations and digitally on websites.

Utah Neolib
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2021, 08:16:42 PM »
« Edited: May 11, 2021, 11:53:49 AM by Utah Neolib »

RALLY
Nephi, Utah
*with a socially distanced crowd*

HELLLLOOOOOOO NEPPPPHIIII!!! *crowd cheers*
There is a recent report, about Governor Udalls ineptitude in handling the Covid-19 pandemic.
The democratic alliance stands for fair and transparent reports about Covid-19. We should have appropriate measures to prevent spread of the coronavirus in nursing homes, and in schools. Governor Udall didn’t do that. Instead, he undercounted numbers and lied to the people of Utah. Do you want more lying? No, no you don’t.
Elect Ben Matheson for Governor, and Randy Stewart for State Senate!
*crowd cheers*

And a moment of silence for the victims of COVID-19

TURN UTAH BLUE TOUR, PT2
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2021, 08:35:28 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2021, 08:40:31 PM by WB »

TURN UTAH BLUE TOUR, PART 2

RALLY
@City Park, Park City UT

Approx. 1,200 attendees w/social distancing guidelines followed

Good morning Park City!

Ah, it's so nice to be here in such a beautiful town as this. Consistently, y'all have been listed as one of the prettiest towns in Atlasia. But we need to realize the looming threat that could destroy the city's beauty, and it's economy. Climate Change keeps getting brought up as on issue on the coasts, but need we forget that ski areas like Park City would also be damaged by higher temperatures?

Luckily, the DA has been supportive of domestic green energy production, and we also are incentivizing new buildings to be as environmentally friendly and energy efficient as possible. Let's make sure that we can spread that to Utah by electing Ben Matheson for governor! Speaking of, here he comes! Ladies and Gentlemen, your next governor!

SPEECH
@Site of Fmr. Pleasant View Train Station, Pleasant View, UT

As this was not planned far in advance, only media presence was allowed.

Hello to Pleasant View!

I wanted to come here because it seems like my good friend Scott didn't quite hear me right when I was in Ogden yesterday. He seems to think that I said that Fremont has done nothing for public transportation. I quite clearly said that "Even with the funding Fremont gave this state, we have seen little progress on the proposed expansions north to Brigham City and south to Nephi." I did not say that Fremont did nothing, I simply said they have not done enough. The fact that this station is closed is a testament to that.

I also want to rebuff whatever idea the Labor Party has about our plan to revitalize Utah and other states with public transport. They seem to think that everything would be controlled by the state. That is not the case. Citywide services would, logically, be the responsibility of the cities. That fits with the idea the DA has always had. However there are services, like the FrontRunner, that need to be operated on the state level because they cover such a large distance over multiple cities.

It would be difficult for folks to get from Ogden to Provo if each city had its own system, and nothing else. It would also be against our principles and platform, as well as good governance and rationality, to have no local systems. The DA's proposed system combines the best of both worlds by giving localities control over their internal public transit, while also ensuring that travel between those localities is possible as well. I hope this can, after several months, put this misunderstanding to rest.

RALLY
@ Sugar House Park, Salt Lake City, UT

Approx. 12,000 attendees w/social distancing guidelines followed.

HELLO SALT LAKE CITY!!!

I'm so happy to see such a huge turnout today! With how "fired up" Labor is elsewhere, it seems like we're moreso!

Right next to us is Highland High School, and as we reopen, we need to make sure our schools are ready.

I heard that last night Scott said that the DA is being crazy for wanting to have new schools built. I ask, what good is reopening schools if they're overcrowded? We have kids that are coming fresh off a year of online schooling, something that has been widely regarded as not as effective as in-person schooling. We need to make sure they're able to learn as well as possible, and that's not going to be possible if they're having to sit on the floor because there's no desks left in the classroom!

We are not shortsighted, we see what's coming and we know that we must be prepared for future issues in schooling! Hell, if we didn't have one school per 50,000 people like they do in some parts, then we could've seen the virus spread slower! Back in South Carolina we have schools built for communities of 10,000, something that helped Governor Cunningham as he fought the virus.

Now, how many of y'all read the news? Well, I'm sure you're damn angry right now! Yes, the "beloved" Governor of Utah has lied to you. Faking death numbers, especially those of old folks. Stopping any attempt at transparency. Complete incompetence in tracking deaths in the first place. Deliberately ensuring that no change would be made to the tracking system.

And why did he do this? Why did he betray the very people who elected him? Why did he cover up so many people's deaths? To prevent him and the First Minister from "looking bad". Those aren't even my words. Take it from him!

Quote from: Recording of Call released by The Citizen's Dispatch
We gotta cover this up - we can't have Truman looking bad over in Denver.

This is disqualifying to the highest degree. It's an absolute disgrace, and I'm damn angry about it. I know you all are too. I can promise you now that the DA will investigate this further, and make sure that Governor Udall wasn't covering up anything else to make himself look better. Can you say "NO MORE LIES"?!

[Crowd] NO MORE LIES! NO MORE LIES! NO MORE LIES!

Now, to the man who's gonna make sure there are no more lies in the Governor's mansion, Councilman Ben Matheson!!!

Crowd cheers

PROTEST
In front of the UT Governor's Mansion, Salt Lake City, UT

WB and Others joined an ongoing protest in front of the Governor's Mansion that began shortly after the Dispatch story was released.

Picture of WB Protesting caught by local media. He stated that the odd look on his face is "because there's a shine on one of the windows that got right in my eye"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies