Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread 2021 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:49:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread 2021 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread 2021  (Read 5869 times)
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« on: May 07, 2021, 11:43:07 AM »
« edited: May 11, 2021, 11:52:22 AM by Utah Neolib »

Rally
Brigham City, Utah
05-07-2021

I am thrilled to be in Brigham City today! The Democratic Alliance has a plan to revitalize towns like these, fueling economic growth and prosperity. These towns have been neglected over the years, without proper support. The Democratic Alliances has a plan to change that.
We also have a plan for getting your children back in classrooms, rather than on a zoom call, by slowly re-opening and getting as many vaccine shots in arms as possible.
Elect Ben Matheson for Governor and Jim Smith for Mayor, and we’ll make these promises happen!

Utah Tour, Part 1
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 03:17:58 PM »

RALLY
@Parade Ground, Van Cortlandt Park, Bronx, NY

Entrance To Van Cortlandt Park 2012
Anthony22 at English Wikipedia, CC BY-SA 3.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

Social Distancing guidelines were enforced with an attendance of approx. 16,000.

Hello New York!!!

I'm so, so happy to be here in the capital of the world, and to be here with your next governor, as well as a number of folks who hope to be your next state reps and senators.

New York has been a big center of innovation for years. Now, we must ask ourselves: which party has offered solutions that other parties haven't? which party is innovative? which party is partnered with another that promises a focus on the future? It's the DA.

We were the ones who helped first-time homeowners. We are the ones wanting to improve environmental standards for housing through incentives. We are the ones wanting to expand public transport to reduce our emissions. We are the ones fighting for mixed-zoning to make life easier for everyone.

We have been the party of innovation since the start. We have been focused on fact-oriented solutions. That's what we've fought for, and that's what we're gonna keep fighting for if you elect DA folks up and down the ballot! Now, to the woman who's guided Rochester down that path, and who will guide New York down it! Welcome your next Governor, Ethel Mannheimer!!!

Incredibly off-topic here but my discord account doesn’t work anymore, somehow the email is invalid and I need the da discord link
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 04:24:24 PM »
« Edited: May 11, 2021, 11:52:48 AM by Utah Neolib »

DA RALLY
Tooele City, Utah
05-10-2021
How we doin’ Tooele! *crowd cheers*
The Democratic Alliance believes that transportation should be a top priority. Transportation reduces traffic levels, and helps grow city economies. Our candidate for Tooele Mayor, Jim McAdams also believes that. Many people over the years in Tooele and Utah have neglected public transportation. It’s time for that to change!
Elect Jim McAdams for Mayor and Ben Matheson for Governor, and we’ll make it happen!
*socially distanced crowd claps loudly*

TURN UTAH BLUE TOUR, PT1
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 08:16:42 PM »
« Edited: May 11, 2021, 11:53:49 AM by Utah Neolib »

RALLY
Nephi, Utah
*with a socially distanced crowd*

HELLLLOOOOOOO NEPPPPHIIII!!! *crowd cheers*
There is a recent report, about Governor Udalls ineptitude in handling the Covid-19 pandemic.
The democratic alliance stands for fair and transparent reports about Covid-19. We should have appropriate measures to prevent spread of the coronavirus in nursing homes, and in schools. Governor Udall didn’t do that. Instead, he undercounted numbers and lied to the people of Utah. Do you want more lying? No, no you don’t.
Elect Ben Matheson for Governor, and Randy Stewart for State Senate!
*crowd cheers*

And a moment of silence for the victims of COVID-19

TURN UTAH BLUE TOUR, PT2
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 10:04:12 AM »
« Edited: May 11, 2021, 11:51:23 AM by Utah Neolib »

These rallies are limited attendance, socially distanced rallies with masks required.

RALLY
Fillmore, Utah
05-11-2021
I am thrilled to be in Fillmore this mornin’.
Fillmore, is a once thriving small town. We can make this town thrive again, through the DAs Small Town Revitalization Plan. We need to stimulate the economy of towns like Fillmore, and we will! These towns have long been neglected over many decades, but it’s time for that to change! I will pass off the microphone, to State Senate Candidate Chris McAdams, who has spent his life advocating for small town revitalization!
*crowd cheers*

RALLY
Delta, Utah
05-11-2021
HELLLOOOOOOOOO DELLLLTTTAAAAAAA *crowd cheers*
(that hurt my voice a bit)
Delta, is a town with a lot of farms. I’m sure y’all know that. But these small farming communities have been neglected. Well, it’s time for that to change. Delta has been hurt by droughts recently, and that has severely impacted the growing of crops. The Democratic Alliance candidate for Governor, Ben Mateson, stands for a better drought prevention and management plan. Ben Matheson would be willing to negotiate with the Legislature to make that happen.
*crowd cheers*

TURN UTAH BLUE TOUR, PT2
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 05:58:22 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2021, 06:42:30 PM by Utah Neolib »

RALLY
Beaver, Utah
ARE WE FIRRRED UPPP??
*yes we are!* (from the socially distanced crowd)
We understand that most households in Beaver have children. The Democratic Alliance stands for responsibly re-opening schools, so your child can go back to in-school learning and meeting their friends again. Ben Matheson also has a plan to move some state government buildings and offices to other places throughout Utah, to expand employment opportunities where they are needed.

Speech
Milford, Utah
Hello y’all! It’s good to see ya!
Milford was once a railroad boom-town in the late 1800s. Sadly, that prosperity didn’t last. But,  this town WILL become the boom-town it once was again. The Democratic Alliance has a small town revitalization plan, to stimulate the economies of these towns. These towns, like Milford, contribute to our economy and state, and deserve to see some investment in these towns in return.

RALLY
Junction, Utah
There aren’t many faces here today, but I hope to see more of y’all soon. Junction, is a historical small town. Junction faces a challenge with poverty, but the Democratic Alliance has a plan to stop that. Expanding food banks, and putting money where it needs to be to help stop poverty, is our plan. Many of these towns have been forgotten. We come here, not to make empty promises, but to make real promises, and real solutions.
(All rallies had social distancing with masks required)
Utah needs change, and Ben Matheson is the one to lead that change.
TURN UTAH BLUE TOUR, PART 3
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2021, 11:39:25 AM »

Speech
Circleville, Utah
Helloooo Circleville!
I am very excited to be hear today, to talk to people about Ben Matheson’s plan for Utah. Ben Matheson plans to repair this broken state. Ben Matheson plans to not neglect little towns like these. With the Small Town Revitalization plan and the For The Farmers Plan, we can make this state great. By moving some state government resources, down to places like these, it helps employ people and create opportunities. The For the Farmers Act is made to build off of some previous laws in Utah. Paying for Carbon Capture is also included in the For The Farmers plan.
When we talk about Infrastructure, we don’t just mean public transit. Repairing old roads, and re-paving them helps ensure that goods and people can get from place to place in rural areas. I will now hand the microphone, to Lieutenant Governor Nominee, Billllll Shepard!

It’s time for change in Utah, and Ben Matheson is the one to lead that change.
Turn Utah Blue Tour, Part 3
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2021, 10:23:33 PM »
« Edited: May 13, 2021, 10:31:58 PM by Utah Neolib »

RALLY
Cedar City, Utah
Hello, ARE WEEE FIRRED UPPP?
*YES WE ARE!*
This election is a battle for Utah. This campaign is a battle, for transparency in government, infrastructure, transportation, farmers and many, many other things. While our recent rallies have had a lot to do with farmers and farming issues, we care as much about the urban areas as well. These roads down here are somewhat known for being bad. If Ben Matheson is elected Governor, we will fix every pothole. That may sound ambitious to you, but it really isn’t. We also need a transportation system, like the FrontRunner or TRAX, but for southern Utah. Connecting cities like St George and Cedar City to smaller towns, and possibly up to the Salt Lake area. This campaign is a campaign to FIX Utah. Vote for the Ben Matheson / Bill Shepard Ticket this May! And vote for local state senate candidate, Karen Orton!
A vote for either or all of these people helps guarantee a better Utah.

RALLY
Parowan, Utah
HELLOOOOOOOO!!
I come here to campaign for a few great people, who want to help Utah. Parowan is a town that, has deep, rich history, and many groundbreaking people were born in this beautiful, great town. The DA’s southern Utah transit plan would help this county, a lot. Some people think that it’s too early to have a transit system in southern Utah. But, Southern Utah is an important, and decently highly populated area of Utah. A commuter train, like the FrontRunner would be perfect for southern Utah. It could link Parowan to Saint George and Cedar city, and to other small towns. This could help grow the population of this town, and help create economic opportunities. Vote for Ben Matheson / Ben Shepard and state house candidate Ben Otter!
(All rallies are socially distanced with masks required)
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2021, 12:46:34 PM »

Speech
St George, Utah
Hellooooo Saint George!
I am thrilled to be here, surrounded by thousands of years of geological history. The Saint George metropolitan area has been growing rapidly, with an estimated population of around 175,000. Wow! But, this area needs public transport and better roads desperately. Using the northern FrontRunner as an example, we can run a commuter train from here to Cedar City, and having stops in many small towns. This would help get rid of traffic, boost population and economic opportunities. And, under Ben Matheson’s Fix The Roads Plan, we promise to fix every pothole. That seems overly ambitious, doesn’t it? But it really isn’t, as we have the money to fix every pothole and the ways to do so. We won’t just fix potholes, but re-pave roads that need it, and make the roads better as well. These are just some of Ben Matheson’s plans to fix a broken Utah.

RALLY
Hurricane, Utah
I am very thrilled to be here today. To fire up all of y’all to vote for a better Utah. These days, schools have been closed, among other things. But Hurricane has done especially well, due to the sudden expanded popularity of national parks, to get away from more crowded places. Hurricane is a small town. Many roads out here are dirt roads, in places where better roads should be constructed, but the county/ city doesn’t have the money for it. We understand. Ben Matheson’s road fixin’ plan will make these roads better. No more roads that have potholes. Ben Matheon’s Southern Commuter Rail plan is another plan to help a broken Utah. By, negotiating with railroads, and building track, we can create a rail system, from St George and Cedar City to all of these small towns. It would grow your town’s economy even more, and bring in more people. And, some of these schools are getting to be quite old. Old schools aren’t bad, but newer facilities can help the learning experience for our young population. To elaborate more, I will now pass the microphone to Hurricane Mayoral candidate, Dan Sinema!

Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2021, 11:46:06 PM »

Ad aired across Utah, on local news stations such as KSL
*image of a roof falling apart*
If your roof fell apart, you would fix it, right? You wouldn’t settle for a slight bit of the roof being repaired, when you payed for the full roof replacement. Ben Matheson is the fix, and Amanda Young, is not the solution. Vote for Ben Matheson and downballot DA candidates to fix a broken Utah.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2021, 08:53:50 AM »

RALLY
Kanab, Utah

I AM THRILLED TO BE HERE THIS MORNING! TO FIRE Y’ALL UP TO VOTE FOR DA CANDIDATES!
Kanab would be a town that would greatly benefit from a rail link. Firstly, it would give a easy way to go to St. George or another town, like Cedar City or all the way to Parowan. I know my time seemed short, but I’m now passing the microphone to state house candidate Robin Jay!

RALLY
Alton, Utah
HELLLLOO ALTON!
We have a plan for small towns like these! A rail system to connect y’all to cities like Cedar City or St George. This helps increase population, jobs, and economic opportunities. Under the Matheson governorship, we won’t neglect towns like these! Better roads, public transit, and better farming. This race is a battle for Utah, and to fix a broken Utah. Small towns have been neglected, and farmers given empty promises. That won’t happen under Matheson leadership.

TURN UTAH BLUE TOUR, PART 6
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2021, 08:47:52 PM »

RALLY
Salt Lake City, Utah
Helloooo to all who have attended this! I want to emphasize that this is a battle for Utah. A battle for change in a broken state. And a battle for a better Utah. Expanding the FrontRunner to many cities, in the SLC area is a high priority here. The FrontRunner is an essential train service, to many in the SLC area. I also want to talk about schools here. Schools help educate our future. Building more schools is also a top priority, and more funding for schools in the state is key to repairing a broken Utah. And the Ben Matheson Governor Administration will represent all Utahns. Laborites, Federalists, Liberals, all will be represented under Matheson.

RALLY
West Valley, Utah
Hello to all who attended this rally! This is a battle for Utah. Why would you elect another Labor governor when they have just made Utah broken. Ben Matheson intends to fix the labor mess. Utah needs change. Don’t listen to those who have said that Utah isn’t broken. Look. There are underfunded schools, too large classrooms, not enough schools, and public transport not expanded. Matheson or any other DA candidate ran on false accusations or nicknames, but Labor candidates did. DA candidates are running on real issues, and real solutions to those issues. Labor has had so much time in the state governorship, and they haven’t fixed these problems. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and I understand that. But, why would you give Labor another term when they haven’t atleast created solutions to the problems that already exist!
We campaign on solutions for Utahns from Salt Lake City to Saint George, but Labor campaigns on keeping Labor control in Denver.
Utah Needs Change, and Ben Matheson is the one to lead that change.

TURN UTAH BLUE TOUR, PART 7
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2021, 08:52:33 PM »

RALLY
Provo, Utah
Helloooooo people of Provo!
Expanding the FrontRunner to here is something I want to talk about today. Expanding the FrontRunner to more cities in the salt lake area helps all of the cities in the area. Economically, population, among other things. More schools, and helping to raise pay for our teachers will also help make a better Utah. You may know, that we may have talked about trains a lot in the past days. Trains are just an essential part of public transportation. Ok, back to what I was saying about schools. Schools educate our future. The past few labor governors haven’t done enough to help our teachers, children and teachers. Utah has a problem when it comes to overcrowded schools, large class sizes and low teacher pay. Well, under the Matheson administration that WILL change. I promise. . The Help Utah Schools Plan will help our teachers, students, and schools. Don’t give Labor another term to sit in Salt Lake City, give Matheson a term to actually DO WORK in Salt Lake City.
Utah Needs Change, and Ben Matheson is the One To Lead That Change.

TURN UTAH BLUE TOUR, PART 7
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2021, 09:02:17 PM »

AD
To be aired on TV news stations such as KSL, and on Utah radio stations in an altered version. 

[NARRATOR]: Have you recently worried about your child’s class sizes?
[NARRATOR]: Studies show, that children in larger class sizes often don’t perform as well on tests as children in smaller class sizes.
[BRIEF STUDY RESULTS FLASH ON SCREEN FOR A FEW SECONDS]

[NARRATOR] You don’t want your child to be in a a large class where they can’t perform as well as a child in a smaller class size can.

[VOICES OF BEN MATHESON, BILL SHEPARD, AND STATE SENATORIAL CANDIDATE WALKER SMITH]: Vote DA this month, and you won’t have to worry about your child not performing as well as other children because of class sizes.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2021, 10:41:34 AM »

RALLY
Park City, Utah
ARRREE WWWEEEE FIRREED UPPPP???
*YES WE ARE* (from the socially distanced crowd)
We need a new governor in this state. Things haven’t changed for the better in much, but things WILL change for the better under the Matheson governorship. More funding for schools, roads, public transit, helping everyone in this state from the sky-high apartments of Salt Lake City, to the rural farmers in Southern Utah, the Matheson governorship will be a governorship for ALL Utahns. Now, please meet our Lieutenant Governor Nominee, Billll Shepard!
*crowd cheers*
I am passing the microphone to Bill Shepard to talk more.

RALLY
Farmington, Utah
Hello people of Farmington!
Towns like these would greatly benefit from better schools. More funding for the schools, more schools to prevent overcrowding of existing schools, and helping to increase teacher pay. While some proposals may be stuck in state committees, the Matheson governorship will get these proposals and it’s own plans into fruition, rather than sitting on someone’s desk. While some other people may complain about a nickname I gave myself, or the length of these speeches. The DA talks about the real issues, and solutions for those issues. My time of speaking here may have been short, but I am passing the microphone to William Wolinaki, the DA Farmington mayoral candidate!

TURN UTAH BLUE, (well it’s not exactly a tour anymore) PART 7
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2021, 10:08:31 PM »

Speech
Kamas, Utah
HELLLOOO people of Kamas!
I come here to speak to y’all about a vision of change in Utah. Up here, snow often stays up here for months, and often isn’t properly cleared off of roads. Well, by electing mayoral candidate Steve McMatheson, we can clear the roads! By hiring more snow-plow drivers, and finding better ways to melt ice than Salt, which can often get into local water runoff. Hiring more snow-plow drivers and using other methods than salt, we can clear these roads! Elect Steve McMatheson as your next Mayor!

RALLY
West Valley, Utah
ARE WE FIRED UP TO VOTE FOR DA CANDIDATES UP AND DOWN THE BALLOT NEXT WEEK?
*YES WE ARE* (from the crowd)
West Valley is a rapidly growing town, people are moving here from other states and other cities for much cheaper housing. Schools in Utah have some of the highest Teacher to student ratios in Atlasia. Well, that’s about to change under the Matheson governorship. By increasing teacher pay, and building newer, better schools, we can ensure that your children have a better education. That’s right. Labor governors haven’t done enough for our students. They keep saying they will, but they never do. But under the Matheson governorship, when we say that Matheson will help Utah, we mean it.
Elect Ben Matheson as your next governor and Dianne Gonzalez as your next mayor!

UTAH (well it’s not really a tour) PART 8
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2021, 07:21:40 PM »
« Edited: May 22, 2021, 07:30:19 PM by Utah Neolib »

Campaign Event (more dignified sounding than rally, right?)

Bountiful, Utah

HELLOOO people of the beautiful city of Bountiful! I am thrilled to see you all!
Voting for DA candidates up and down the ballot is a big step to helping repair this state. There are so, so many issues at stake here. While other parties may have used name calling and just want your vote, we actually care about the people of Utah. We need to re-open our schools safely. Our children have lost a year of in-person school to zoom. And when I say we need to re-open our schools, we mean a safe re-opening. By giving more funding to schools, and building new ones, we can help ensure our children have a good education.
Vote DA candidates up and down the ballot next weekend!

Campaign Event
Centerville, Utah
Helloooo people of this great city!
These days, Utah is broken. Not enough public transit, broken roads, over-crowded and under-funded schools. Well, that’s going to change. Labor governors keep saying they’re going to fix these problems, but they never do. Well, this time, if you vote Democratic Alliance, change WILL happen, and for the better. Starting by implementing the For the Farmers Plan, Small Town Revitalization Plan, and others, and we can make Utah a better place. We are also willing to negotiate with mayors and state legislators on how to make this happen, and how to make these plans work as best as possible.
Vote Democratic Alliance candidates up and down the ballot next week-end, and we’ll make these promises come true.

Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2021, 09:54:41 AM »

RALLY
Salt Lake City, Utah

HELLOOOO TO ALL WHO HAVE ATTENDED!
This is not just an election, but a battle to fix a broken Utah. A battle to save Utah. We have supported expanding public transit, building new schools, and helping farmers among many, many other things. Under the Matheson governorship, it will be a governorship for ALL Utahns, regardless of party. The road that I can see from here doesn’t look that good. But, under the Matheson Governorship, we will try to fix and repair many, many roads, as they are a key part of infrastructure. I am passing the microphone to Our Lieutenant Governor nominee, Billll Shepppard! Vote DA candidates up and down the ballot next week-end!

Utah needs change and Ben Matheson is the one to lead that change.

RALLY
Ogden, Utah
Hellooo people of Ogden!
This is a battle to repair a broken Utah. A Utah with under-funded schools and a teacher shortage, and a Utah that is simply broken. It’s time for that to change. Ben Matheson’s plan to repair small towns, can also help cities like these. Roads are important, and the Small a town Revitalization Plan has funding for repairing roads included in it, and building new schools. I am now passing the microphone to Ogden Mayoral Candiate, Austin Smith!
Vote DA candidates up and down the ballot next week-end!
Utah needs change and Ben Matheson is the one to lead that change.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2021, 09:57:22 AM »

RALLY
Provo, Utah
Helloooo Provoooo!
What a beautiful city. As you all know, we get lots of snow in the winter. Salt, which is often used to clear roads, can damage city drinking water. Using dirt and other methods to clear ice away will be a priority under your next Mayor, Smith Smith! Smith is needed to help the city of Provo, and repair it’s roads, and help build new schools among other things. While my speaking time may have been quite short, Smith Smith knows more about this city than I do, and I’m passing the microphone to him!

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies