Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread 2021 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:02:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread 2021 (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread 2021  (Read 5871 times)
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« on: December 25, 2020, 01:12:44 AM »
« edited: March 05, 2021, 11:32:37 PM by Chair WB »

In bold are states where we are defending. NY represents the NYC mayoral election.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 05:25:23 PM »

SPEECH
@ KS State Capitol, Topeka KS, with Gov. James Benson

Good morning Topeka.

I'm sure you all know about the horrifying news that we got just a few days ago, about the attempted plot to kidnap the governor. I think that we can all agree, whether pro-Fremont or pro-South, Laborite, Pacifist, DAer, Federalist or Liberal, that the violence, and the circumstances that led up to it, needs to end.

That begins with how we campaign. Words have an impact. Branding your opponents with hateful terms, fascist, imperialist, and plenty of others, only spreads hate. I am guilty of it. I realize that what I said may have made the situation worse.

But the only way to ensure this does not go out of control is to create a gentler era for Atlasia. That's why today, I am announcing DA's "Campaign of Understanding", and asking other parties to join in it. We may debate each other with our ideas, but we need to stop the name-calling, the demonizing, and the craziness of the campaigns.

I pledge right here that the DA will not participate in that insanity. No more "Liebor", no more "Fascist Feds", and if Labor joins us in this campaign, no more "Dishonest Alliance". There has been quite a high level of misunderstanding these past few months, from both sides. We should not, and we will not, let it continue to spiral out of control.

We will not let there be another Bleeding Kansas. We will not let Atlasia bleed for political gain. Let's heal our nation's wounds before our words eviscerate it.

Thank you.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 08:50:27 PM »

Friendly reminder that campaigning does not start tomorrow, I still want to continue the feedback process for a couple of days and make a few announcements.

I don't mind the event being re-posted later of course, but the January cycle has not started yet. I still need to finalize decisions on what the alterations to the system will be and, of course, end the feedback process.
I believe this is more of a tone-setting thing and a request for the parties follow suit, more than a traditional campaign speech.
Yes, thus why I held it in KS. I do not intend for it to be a campaign thing.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 02:06:35 AM »

Bump
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 07:20:31 PM »

OPENING RALLY
@ Big Spring Park, Huntsville, AL

Skyline of Huntsville
Bren.persing, CC BY-SA 4.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

Social Distancing and masks were enforced with maximum attendance of 750.

Good evening Huntsville!

I’m so happy to be here kicking off my tour of the great state of Alabama, and to kick off the entire DA campaign this month.

Now, we’ve seen a lot of negativity in recent months. Some of which I’ve participated in. And I realize now that being part of the problem was, well, a bad thing. But that’s why I’m moving past it and focusing on a positive message, and a positive vision, for Alabama.

Of course, Huntsville is one of the greatest scientific hubs in the South, and all of Atlasia. Especially when rockets are involved. DA has been a strong supporter of bringing back the space race, revitalizing the biggest thing Huntsville is known for. Of course, that’s something we’ll fight for nationally. However, on a state level, we need to focus on education to ensure that the next generation is a generation of innovators, of ideas, inventions, and progress. Sadly we can’t do that unless we break the current gaps in education quality in this state. Poor areas in rural, and even some suburban and urban places, don’t have a strong enough tax base to keep up, and they have poor education quality as a result. Imagine how many prodigies have fallen by the wayside simply because their schools were not able to actually foster their intelligence. Imagine how far we could go if we could ensure that not a single person falls through the cracks again. We need to rectify this, and that’s what a DA government would do. Modern textbooks, modern equipment, the works, all of it needs to be provided to our poor schools to make sure EVERYONE has a fair shot at getting a good education.

For fair and equitable education, vote DA.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2021, 08:12:20 PM »

MEET THE CANDIDATES
@ Felix's Fish Camp, Spanish Fort AL

WB and local candidates met locals at Felix's, talking about local issues and how the DA plans to continue the fight against climate change.

A reporter caught WB heading out of the establishment, and asked his opinion on Truman's speech earlier that day.

I'm glad he seems to have come to reason, and that we can all campaign on positive messages. It gives me some hope for the future.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2021, 04:09:07 AM »
« Edited: February 15, 2021, 06:25:01 PM by Democracy Now, Democracy Tomorrow, Democracy Forever! »

SPEECH
@ Railroad Park, Birmingham AL

Railroad park bham
Dunncon13, CC0, via Wikimedia Commons

Social distancing and masks enforced, with maximum attendance of 1,000

Good morning Birmingham!

Birmingham is such a great city, over a million people live in the metro. But there's a serious issue we need to look at with Birmingham and the surrounding areas. There's well over 20 independent suburbs in just the Birmingham-Hoover area, and several more outside of it within the metro area. Now, that seems all well and good, and normally it would be. But corporations see it as a perfect way to pit y'all against one another. Suburbs fight by offering bigger and bigger tax incentives to a company considering moving into the area, eventually making it so that the company doesn't bring any growth to the economy. We can't let it stand. With a DA local and state government, we're going to clamp down on abhorrent divide-and-conquer strategies like this and consolidate localities to make them function better.

For local government that'll fight for you, vote DA.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2021, 12:47:05 AM »

IMPROMPTU SPEECH
In Mobile, AL
Weatherboy gave a short speech that was uploaded on social media. Plans to hold rallies and speeches in Mobile have been postponed due to inclement weather.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2021, 12:53:48 AM »

MEET THE CANDIDATES
@ Heroes Sports Bar and Grill, Mobile AL

WB while at the restaurant. Distancing was maintained.

WB and local candidates met constituents at a local sports bar in west Mobile, discussing issues such as public housing, better education, and local government power.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2021, 05:02:41 PM »

SHORT SPEECH
@ Corner of Old Shell Rd and N University Blvd, Mobile, AL

A small crowd and media presence was allowed.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2021, 09:50:20 PM »

RALLY/TOWN HALL
@ Corner of McMullen Dr and Cleveland Cir, McMullen, AL

Due to the size of the venue, only 25 people could attend, but approximately 80+% of the town's residents attended along with a small media presence, all social distancing.

Hey there, folks of McMullen!

Now, I bet y'all are wondering why someone like me would be here. Well, put simply, it's because I know no one in politics would. You're a small, diverse little town here, the smallest one in Alabama.

I know how you all have been stuck suffering after the deadly tornado that hit this place in 2016. I know that most folks in the political class would just tell you to move. I say that we make McMullen, and places like it, alive again. We need to do small, but impactful things. Road repair. Incentives for small business to open up in low-population areas. Anything that we can do can help. And so that's why I'm not just asking for your vote, but as folks in an underserved, forgotten, small community, what we should be doing to help you out.

So, let's begin.

A 30-minute-long town hall on helping small communities was then held with the residents of McMullen.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2021, 08:38:37 PM »

BARNSTORMING
In and around Phoenix, AZ

Quote from: WB at Rally @ Red Mountain District Park in Mesa, 300 attendees
Good morning Mesa!

You know, the Phoenix metro area is, well, damn big. It's 25 miles from here to the city center, and another 25 to get to Buckeye on the other end of it.

So why in the hell is Phoenix stuck with 1 light rail line that stops as far east as Gilbert, nearly 10 miles away?

It's been proven over, and over, and over again that public transportation doesn't just increase mobility in the normal way. It increases economic mobility. It means more folks can get to and from work, it means people who are disabled can actually live their lives similar to everyone else.

A DA government would focus on that. We would expand the bus fleet, and we'd extend the metro rail to cover more areas in the metro, and not just one line.

Quote from: WB at Rally @ Friendship Park in the Salt River Community, 50 attendees
Good morning to the folks here in the Salt River Community!

Some of you may have heard about my speech in Mesa earlier today. I'm sure a lot of you thought that like a lot of other politicians, those in the DA would ignore you. We are not normal politicians. We know that you all need help, and that's why the DA's expanded public transportation plan would, through cooperation with the tribal government, include the Salt River community. Native Americans are some of the people most impacted by poverty, and an expansion of public transportation here would help out.

Quote from: WB at Rally @ Surprise Community Park in Sunrise, 200 attendees
Good afternoon Surprise!

I'm gonna lead with a question: Do you know how many bus stops are in Surprise?

One. There is a total of one bus stop in a city of 30 thousand. And there's a total of 3 daily stops there. That's insane. What has big party leadership done to expand public transportation to this area? Nothing. Meanwhile, the DA has a plan to expand bus routes and create more bus stops in the Phoenix suburbs. I've already talked about the economic advantages of public transportation elsewhere in the metro today, but something I haven't talked about is the environmental impact. Public transportation is one of our best tools in combatting climate change. 20 people driving cars 20 miles to Phoenix burns a lot of gas. 20 people in a bus going to Phoenix burns a hell of a lot less. We need a new path for public transportation, we need DA.

Quote from: WB at rally @ Margaret T. Hance Park, 1000 attendees
Good evening Phoenix!!

I'm so glad to be here today because this election is gonna change how Arizona is for quite some time. I'm confident you want better transportation. I'm confident that you all are tired of the duopoly. I'm confident that you want change in this state. I'm confident you want government that works for YOU! I'm confident you all are gonna elect MR KAYNE ARPIAO AS YOUR NEXT GOVERNOR!! Let’s give him a warm welcome!!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2021, 09:28:32 PM »

Statement

In Apache Junction, AZ

Well, it looks like Labor wishes to drag us down into the gutter once again. I can't help but ask why the First Minister continues to push in this dangerous direction. I do not want to see another horrific situation like what happened in Kansas. I wouldn't wish that on anyone from any political persuasion. Sadly I think a lot of that was fueled by both sides becoming so aggressive towards one another.

I applaud Fremont's efforts on public transportation. But I was specifically talking about what the state government can do. State governments know the specifics better than the regional ones. I trust that you folks here in Arizona realize that. As far as I know, Arizona's state government has not done much on that front. Should I be proven wrong, I will apologize, because then I will have been dishonest. I do not want to spread misinformation, so if I do by accident, I will walk it back and try to set the record straight, even if that hurts politically.

I will not go on the attack because that will bring us back to the problems I've already discussed. The FM can campaign in Phoenix about Fremont's efforts on public transportation, and you know what? He's perfectly within his right to do that. If he had just said "we actually have been doing things, here's an example," that would be perfectly fine! But do not drag this into the gutter by insinuating that we're crooks and thieves. Don't go around calling all your political opponents names.

I know you, Truman. We worked together so much just a few years ago. I know you're better than this.

I will not stoop to that level, and not being a partisan hack, I hope to drag everyone back up into the reasonable plane of civility. That is the best way to go about this. Let's make this about policy. Not name-calling.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2021, 08:21:02 PM »

The following ad will be aired nationwide until the end of the campaigning period.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2021, 10:37:48 PM »

CAMPAIGN CLOSER
@ Mobile Civic Center

Well, I'm havin' deja vu! We're back here 7 months after that day when I first addressed you all here in Mobile, and I'm here again because we need to see this final push to bring new leadership to Alabama!

I can spot a couple folks in the crowd who I've seen at other events, and I know some of y'all have been working hard to get folks out to vote.

So I'm here asking y'all to get out there and vote, get your friends to vote, get your family to vote, let's see this state become blue, and bring new change!

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2021, 11:59:32 PM »

Leaflets were printed and handed out by DA volunteers across the country.

Want REAL LOCAL CHANGE?

DA is the party for you!

We've been focused on local issues in every community across Atlasia since our inception!
We'll work for you, the people!
and we're made up of people just like you, wanting to change your community for the better!

VOTE DA IN YOUR LOCAL ELECTIONS THIS WEEKEND
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2021, 09:26:14 PM »

SPEECH
In Winkelman, AZ

Winkelman-Winkelman Luten Bridge-1916-2
Marine 69-71, CC BY-SA 4.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

Hello Winkelman!

I'm sure you've seen all the campaigning going on in the big cities of this state, and as the smallest town in Arizona you guys feel like no one cares.

This couldn't be further from the truth ever since DA came on the scene.

We know that communities like Winkelman need as much attention as the big cities. That's why DA is going to fight for better school funding so that Winkelman Elementary and Hayden High can get the attention they badly need.

We're going to fight to give small communities funding for infrastructure repairs so you all can pave the roads here. We're going to give grants to small business startups that aim to combat the food deserts across not just Arizona, but Atlasia.

Don't let some propaganda fool you. DA is not the "centralist" party and never has been. We've always been local, and we'll always hear and address your concerns, no matter if you live in Winkelman or Phoenix.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2021, 11:36:22 PM »

Press Release

DA Chair WB announced plans to visit every state in the next round of local elections, currently still expected to be held in March. WB stated that "DA is not a party of blue or red states, or purple and orange ones, we are a party for everyone, and our campaign should show that." Exact details of where the chair plans to go in each state have yet to be divulged.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2021, 01:12:02 AM »
« Edited: March 15, 2021, 08:17:29 AM by Chair WB »

SPEECH
@ Whale Bone Arch, Utqiagvik, Alaska

Barrow AK
Unknown authorUnknown author, CC BY-SA 2.5 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5>, via Wikimedia Commons

Only media presence was allowed.

Hello to the great folks here at the top of the world in Utqiagvik!

I'm here at the whale bone arch because I think it's a great pass both into this area's past, and, looking through it, into the future. Right behind me, through the arch is the Arctic ocean, and that's important to what I'm trying to say. Because there's a problem that you all have been facing here, and that's climate change. We said it before and we'll say it again, the Democratic Alliance will, on the local, state, regional, and national stages, fight against climate change. Those commitments have gotten us support from people like T'Chenka, people who have fought for green causes. I know a lotta you voted green before. What Alaska needs now is blue and green. Let's vote for change.

Rally
In Anuktuvuk Pass, Alaska

Dumpsters in Anaktuvuk Pass, Alaska
Paxson Woelber, CC BY-SA 3.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

Social distancing was required. Estimated attendance was 125.

Good morning to everyone here in Anuktuvuk Pass!

I can tell a lot of you all are here today, maybe half the town by the looks of it. That's probably because we share a lot of the same values. Compassion, humor, respect for nature, and what is probably most important in this campaign, avoiding conflict. We've seen crazy things happen in Atlasia the past couple months, and it's stemming from campaigns butting heads, calling eachother names. DA has led the charge for a gentler Atlasia, and we're going to lead the charge for a gentler Alaska too.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2021, 10:08:50 AM »

Rally
In Bettles, Alaska

Bettles and Evansville, Alaska
Steve Hillebrand, US Fish & Wildlife Service, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons

Social distancing guidelines were followed, with an attendance of 20.

Good morning to everyone here in Bettles!

You know, I love visiting little towns like this. Not sure what it is really, there's just some charm here.

But it's clear that y'all need help. Every year this community has been shrinking. It doesn't help that the only school closed some years back.

But even here there is opportunity. Seems like the main thing you do here is tourism, with the Bettles Lodge behind me as the prime example of it, along with others in the area. But it's hard to get here, and hardly anyone hears about you. We need to improve the infrastructure here and promote small towns like Bettles to be hotspots of green tourism. I know someone will joke that I'll advocate for a train station all the way up here, but what I'm talking about is things like maintaining the airstrip. It's small things like that that can revive remote towns like Bettles. We can do it, but we need your support first. That's why you need to vote DA.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2021, 10:42:47 PM »

Rally
@ Graehl Park, Fairbanks Alaska

Downtown Fairbanks, Alaska
FairbanksMike, CC BY 2.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

Social distancing guidelines were followed, with an attendance of approx. 100.

Good afternoon Fairbanks!

I'm glad to be continuing my tour of Alaska because this election is so important. Climate change continues to hit this state hard, even places as far inland as Fairbanks are seeing the effects. DA has a plan to combat climate change in Alaska. Our plan includes a transition to green energy for the state that has won praise from left-wing environmentalists and Green leaders. In fact, our gubernatorial candidate was a Green last election. She ran for state house right here in Fairbanks, and she's been a fighter for a local, green agenda ever since. She is the embodiment of what this campaign is about. I ask you all to give a warm welcome to Amelia Begich!

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2021, 02:52:41 AM »

Rally
@ Delaney Park, Anchorage, Alaska

Alaskan Veterans Memorial at Delaney Park Strip. (47708962232)
Craig Talbert, CC BY 2.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0>, via Wikimedia Commons
FairbanksMike, CC BY 2.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

Social distancing guidelines were followed, with an attendance of approx. 1000.

Good evening Anchorage!

I was looking forward to this stop because I've always been a fan of this city. You have everything from the most diverse neighborhood in Atlasia to beautiful nature. The ingenuity of this city has stunned me. If you told me this park used to be an airstrip and a fire break, I wouldn't believe you. It's that creative, community repurposing that the DA wants to bring around this state. That's what Amelia Begich and our wonderful candidates for the legislature are gonna fight for. They'll fight for aid to small towns around the state, they'll fight for expanding public transit in cities like Anchorage, and in all they'll fight for you! Now here's your next governor, Amelia Begich!

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2021, 11:20:03 PM »
« Edited: March 17, 2021, 12:39:45 AM by Chair WB »

Rally
@ Vista Hermosa Park, Los Angeles, California

2013, Vista Hermosa Natural Park - panoramio
Chris English, CC BY-SA 3.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

Social distancing guidelines were followed, with an attendance of approx. 500.

Good morning Los Angeles!

I'm glad to be here in California because the DA's cause is national. We aren't a party of a single region. Our message reaches to everyone, from California to Maine, from Oklahoma to Alaska, and everywhere in between.

I don't know if all of y'all have seen the news recently, but DA has achieved some great things over in the South, and we are confident we can do the same here in California. We made a tax benefit that supports first-time homeowners, and got consensus support. This benefit made life so much easier for young people trying to live independently, and we need to bring that here. These are the simple solutions that only DA has been bringing up, and we are going to deliver like we always have.  

Rally
@ Crocker Park, Sacramento, California

Sacramento Riverfront
DevinCook at English Wikipedia, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons

Social distancing guidelines were followed, with an attendance of approx. 750.

Good afternoon Sacramento!

I was talking earlier today about DA's work to help out young homeowners in the south, and how we plan on bringing that mindset to California.

Another thing we need to do is promote financial literacy among our kids. Far too many don't know a damn thing that they're doing when they're first out in the world. I know that a lot of folks, while they're in class, think "how does this actually prepare me for real life?" We need to have classes that do that, my mom always called it "Adulting 101". We need to make sure folks can get on their feet and be independent as soon as possible. I know it, you know it, and your next governor knows it too! She's a former teacher from Hiram Johnson High right here in Sacramento, and she's going to fight for the folks of this great state! I want you all to give a big round of applause for Mrs. Miriam Godfrey!!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2021, 09:59:28 PM »

AD: "Our Castle"
To be aired nationwide

Scene opens with a child playing in the front of a small suburban home, fighting invisible foes.

Single Father: Josh likes to pretend our home is a castle and defend it, it's heartwarming, but it also reminds me of how bad things used to be.

Scene changes to the Single Father in a living room.

His mom was the breadwinner, we were looking forward to finally moving out of that apartment and well... after the accident, things became... so, so much harder for us. I really had no idea if we would be able to live independently, I felt chained. Josh always kept up that childlike optimism though and, well, maybe he was right. Because we had someone fighting for us that we didn't even know.

Southern Speaker tmth has become a hero for us, and so has DA. Because they fought to make sure first-time homeowners like me can rest a little easier knowing that our financial issues are not as bad as they were before.

Scene changes back to the child playing in the front yard.

Thanks to them, our castle will hold strong for some time to come.

Democratic Alliance Logo fades in with the election date shown.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2021, 07:02:19 AM »

Speech
In Amador City, California

2009-0724-CA-AmadorCity
Bobak Ha'Eri, CC BY 3.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

Only media presence was allowed.

Howdy to California Gold Country from Amador City!

I gotta say that this town has been great so far, I've been resting in the Imperial Hotel, and the hospitality you folks have given me has been amazing. Thank you for that.

Part of why I'm here is because Amador City is the smallest city in California. Despite how small you all are, though, you have some great small businesses and events here. And we want to help expand that sense of community and the prosperity that comes with it. DA has shown time and time again our competence in leadership, our successes. The South leads in vaccine distribution. First-time homeowners, young and old, are living more comfortably and contributing more to the community. Don't let someone come around and say that all DA cares about is east of the Mississippi, look at the facts.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies