Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread 2021
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:12:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread 2021
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread 2021  (Read 5886 times)
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: June 30, 2021, 03:27:46 PM »

RALLY
@Corner of Lake Street and Sparrow Street, Lake Providence LA

Approx. 750 attendees

Hello Lake Providence!

I wanted to come up from Cancer Alley to another underserved area of this state. Up here in northeast Louisiana, the three counties of Madison, East Carroll and Tensas are the poorest in the whole state. Here in East Carroll you have nearly a third of folks drop out of high school. That's a failing of the state government for not helping you folks out more.

Under a DA administration you'd see more funds coming up here to Lake Providence to make sure that everyone, no matter their zip code, can have a decent education.

With me now is a woman who's seen the issues with education and its lack of funding up here, and she's ready to serve y'all as the next state Rep! Please welcome Mrs. Jodie Valentine!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #151 on: June 30, 2021, 07:49:59 PM »

RALLY
@Veterans Park, Shreveport LA

Approx. 20,000 attendees

Hello Shreveport!

You know, Louisiana was hit hard by COVID. Who wasn't?

But now that we're really reopening, getting shots in arms, we need to take a look at what we do going forward. And right here in Shreveport we can help revitalize the city and make it blossom. The Shreveport Economic Recovery Task Force plan is a list of simple but game-changing infrastructure improvements that would help this city get back up.

Filling in the gaps of broadband coverage. Re-envisioning Texas Street. Bringing attention to the edges of the city. These are easy things we can do to bring some new attention and life into Shreveport. But many of these proposals rely on a bond program, something that although good might not cover everything when all is said and done. With a DA governor and legislature, you can be sure that you'll be given the funding needed to make this happen.

With me now is a man who helped push for the SERT plan in the City Council, and will help get that funding secured in this city! Please welcome City Councilman, and your next state Senator, Mitchell Reed!

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #152 on: June 30, 2021, 09:15:14 PM »

CLOSING RALLY
@City-Brooks Community Park, Baton Rouge, LA

Approx. 25,000 attendees

HELLO BATON ROUGE!!!

Well, the campaign is wrapping up tonight, and though I wish I could have seen more of this state, I'm confident that our message is a winning one. I'm confident that Tarrance Becard will win and with a DA majority by his side!

This whole campaign we've reached out to folks who didn't support us last time. Federalists who are fed up with legislative leadership doing nothing but complaining. Laborites who are angered by Boisseau's betrayal, insults directed at this state, and extremely odd statements about eating boots. Liberals who find our moderate, pragmatic message attractive. And of course those who didn't vote because they felt no one cared for them.

We care. Tarrance Becard cares.

We care about the folks in Slidell, forced to pay more to clean up a superfund site because the state didn't help.

We care about the folks in New Orleans, who have to deal with still-shuttered places that have sat that was for over a decade.

We care about the folks in Venice who had to deal with several natural and man-made disasters in the past 15 years.

We care about the folks in Grand Isle who worry about their main industry's future.

We care about Laplace and Reserve, dealing with the effects of a plant causing folks to die of cancer at horrific rates.

We care about Convent and ensuring that nothing attempts to harm them again.

We care about Gonzales and all of Acadiana and fighting to preserve their culture.

We care about Lake Providence and their struggling education.

We care about Shreveport and their revitalization.

We care about ALL of Louisiana and their local problems.

Let's make sure that the next government cares. Let's get out there and vote for Tarrance Becard, and DA candidates up and down the ballot tonight! Remember, if you're in line when polls close, you can still vote!!! Let's make some real change here folks!

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #153 on: June 30, 2021, 09:16:14 PM »

AD to be shown in Nebraska until polls close.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #154 on: August 14, 2021, 11:09:06 PM »

RALLY
@Home Depot Backyard, Atlanta, GA

Approx. 5,250 attendees

Hello Atlanta!

We had our birthday party here a month ago, but I thought it would be good to start off a new campaign right here. Because we've done so much the past year.

We’ve worked so hard this past year. We’ve seen the highs of August last year, and the lows of April this year. But through it all we stand strong, independent. We call out both sides when it’s needed. But most of all we fight for all folks. That’s why I’m touring Georgia again so that Governor Miller can keep serving Georgia.

I’m so proud of the work we’ve done, but I know I’ll be more proud of what we’re going to do.

RALLY
@Dalton Green Park, Dalton GA

Approx 2,000 attendees

Hello Dalton!

Well I’m so happy to be properly kicking off this campaign here in Northwest Georgia.

You all are known for being the “Carpet Capital of the world”, and I can’t say that title is wrong. Over 30 thousand folks in and around Dalton are employed in the trade. And that’s great. But having an area so dependant on one trade is not sustainable. Look at what happened less than a decade ago. We saw mills that employed thousands cut down, close, or downsize, causing nearly 5,000 jobs to be lost. That’s big in an area like this.

We need to diversify. If you’ve seen some of the success stories, especially up in Michigan where Governor Elliott has been working hard to revive the rust belt cities, you’d know that it’s because they diversified that their economies began to recover and even boom.

That starts with small businesses. And Governor Miller has worked to make sure that with the end of the economic shakup caused by COVID, small businesses can thrive. Tax breaks and credits for small business have made it so that it’s easier to start up new ventures than ever before.

However we weren’t able to get everything we wanted to get through. That’s why this month Governor Miller needs a majority in the legislature. He needs folks like Emilia Vincento, a lifelong resident of Dalton who was one of the nearly 5000 people laid off in the early 2010s. Thanks to Governor Miller and the DA, she was able to start her own restaurant just down the street from here. Now she wants to be your next state Rep! Let’s give it up for Mrs. Vincento!

RALLY
@Ridge Ferry Park, Rome GA
Approx. 11,000 attendees

Hello Rome!

I’m happy to be out here in Georgia’s own city of seven hills to talk about the DA’s plans to keep this city prosperous!

That starts with getting more folks to move here. And what better way to do that than financial incentives? It’s a pretty well known fact that money is one of the most powerful things in the world, and by making it easier and more financially reasonable to build or own a new house, the DA has used that power for good.

Thanks to our leadership we’re seeing so many young folks getting houses. The stereotype of millennials refusing to buy a house has finally been broken because we’ve made it possible for so many.

Now, I’m gonna hand over the mic to a man who recently moved into the community because of what we’ve done. Ladies and Gentlemen, your next State Senator, Chris Caulk!

RALLY
@Heritage Park, Canton GA

Approx. 10,000 attendees

Hello Canton!

Let’s talk about commutes. Yknow, I just saw a meme the other day about how Atlanta’s an hour drive from Atlanta. The sad thing is that it’s true. I joke, half-truthfully, that Atlasia would only half as many blood-pressure related medical issues as we do now, if we cared more about making people’s commutes easier, cheaper, and cleaner.

Governor Miller has tried damn hard to do that. Sadly, the state Legislature continues to destroy most of our hopes at advancement on this issue. They don't seem to see what regular folks do. As Atlanta’s metro expands, so should its transport system. Meanwhile, even with bus lines, the nearest station in the MARTA system is over 10 miles away. And they continue to cut lines due to budget constraints. Governor Miller and the DA wants to reverse that trend. Our platform here is the same as it always has been. Less congestion, better commutes, better lives! Let's vote out the folks who think that public transportation is a money sink rather than an investment! Let's vote DA!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #155 on: August 26, 2021, 05:39:03 AM »
« Edited: August 26, 2021, 07:00:52 PM by Senator and Chair WB »

After the Canton Rally, following Lollapalooza’s example, future WB DA events will require a record of full vaccination or a negative COVID test from the past 120 hours to enter. Social distancing will not be required. Unvaccinated people who attempt to attend (including those who give a negative test) will be given information on how to get the vaccine.

RALLY
@Dudley Park, Athens GA

Approx. 25,000 attendees

Hello Athens!

I’m so happy to see that we can get back to normal here in Georgia, and let’s not forget why: Governor Miller’s vaccine rollout has been praised across the political spectrum. Not only has he made his own personal appeals to the population to vaccinate, but taking a page from Governor Cunningham just over the border in South Carolina, he’s gotten numerous well known folks to appear in ads to encourage folks to take the vaccine. Thanks to that and some more forceful but extremely necessary measures he’s had to take due to misinformation spreading, including some vaccine mandates, we can finally meet up like this.

We can gather again. We can go to sports again, we can go to school or work again. Governor Miller has helped make this possible. And we will continue doing the common sense solutions needed to put this pandemic behind us for good, if you elect DA folks up and down the ballot this month!

Now I’m handing it over to someone that knows that getting us through the pandemic is more important than ever. He had COVID and was hospitalized. He saw his brother’s business closed due to COVID. And through it all he’s been an advocate for the vaccine, going door-to-door helping people learn about it. Let’s welcome your state Rep, James Hayfield!

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #156 on: August 28, 2021, 07:12:33 PM »

RALLY
@ Central City Park, Macon GA

Approx. 30,000 attendees

HELLLLOO MACON!

Glad to be out here in central Georgia, continuing my tour of the state.

You may have heard about some recent developments and I feel obligated to talk to you about them. As you may know, recently the DA voted to cut ties with the Federalists and become truly, 100% independent.

I understand that a couple of people are quite confused about why this happened. Simply put, we don't want to work with a party who has a prominent member who not only has insulted myself and Scott -especially Scott considering his circumstances-, a member who not only has made offensive "jokes" about putting his political opponents in "german-style camps", but also a member who is possibly a criminal.

We won't work with a party who seems either indifferent or even in some cases supports these actions. Governor LT has pushed not just me, but the entire DA, to make this drastic call.

Instead this cycle we've made a deal with Labor to ensure that LT won't be getting more power in this cycle. I need to stress that the DA is not going to become a Labor satellite. We are at heart independent and we are planning on staying that way unless some other circumstances happen.

I know there's a lot of folks who previously voted Federalist in this state who are disgusted by LT's actions. To them I say: vote DA. We are the party of solutions and calm, not LT's style of bomb-throwing potential criminal activity.

At this point Governor Miller is the man who will lead Georgia without tying himself up in knots about some minor insubordination. He's not gonna go around calling people "cucks" or that their lives are "pathetic". You know why? Because he's a decent human being. I don't believe I can say the same for our Regional Governor.

Alright. Now with that out of the way, I hope that we can get talking about solutions on the campaign trail. I don't like dragging things into the gutter, even when the subject's someone like LT.

So let's listen to the man who's brought positive change to Georgia! Folks, give a warm welcome to your Governor, Johnathan Miller!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #157 on: August 29, 2021, 09:32:35 AM »

RALLY
@Hilsman Park, Albany GA

Approx. 15,000 attendees

Hello Albany!

Y'know, why is it that whenever I think I'm done having to respond to dishonest claims that another one pops up and prevents me from talking positive?

It seems like y'all in this state were paid a visit by the Radicals, claiming that we raised taxes here in Georgia.

If y'all remember a couple months ago when you were doing your taxes, I think you would find that statement to be hilariously false. Well, unless you made more than the vast majority of Georgians.

The DA ideal has been to cut taxes for the working and middle classes and raise them on the rich. That's what Governor Miller has stood for, but the Federalist legislature has stood in his way demanding that rich folks don't pay as much. That thinking is what leads us to income inequality and skyrocketing debt for no gain.

But I know that the people who voted them in understand that the DA is the party who actually has their ideals at heart and has the record to prove it. We have supported new homeowners through tax credits. We have supported small businesses. We have reminded the political class that an audit has yet to be done and we aren't letting up the pressure until people know where their tax dollars go.

Meanwhile the only notable Radical has a record of authoring bills to sell Staten Island and grant the Virgin Islands independence they don't even want. If that record is any indication, when are the Radicals going to up and try to sell Tybee Island, or any part of your state for that matter? It's clear who's the real party for Georgia, and Atlasia as a whole, and it's the DA.

Now, let's hear from someone who has fought against tax cuts for the Rich in the legislature, and who isn't gonna take time trying to sell off this state! Give a warm welcome for State Rep. Kieron Clifford!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #158 on: August 29, 2021, 12:43:06 PM »

AD being posted nationwide and online until the end of campaigning.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #159 on: August 29, 2021, 09:11:01 PM »

RALLY
@New Haven Green, New Haven, CT
Approx. 40,000 attendees

Hello New Haven!

I'm glad to be up here in Connecticut campaigning for the DA once again. It's been a while since I last came up here.

Well Connecticut was also paid a nice visit by the Radicals, and when I listened to them on the plane ride up here from Georgia I was confused why basically everything they've been saying are things we're already doing!

Transportation, for example. Everyone agrees DA is the public transportation party. I can tell you right now that it'd be damn near impossible to do as the Radicals say and make commutes faster. We've already done a damn good job of that thanks to our generous subsidies to towns, cities, and townships to link up local public transportation, like buses, to the ACELA stations and other large rail systems.

Or lab grown meat, an odd issue to run on but one that the DA has also been at the forefront of. Not least in part due to our long-standing partnership with the AFP, a party solely focused on science and the future.

So what is different between us, you may ask? Record. Everything is in the record. Governor Lowell Lieberman and DA legislators have delivered better budgets, made commutes a breeze, and have cut tolls and regressive taxes. A vast majority of folks here probably saw themselves being able to spend a little more money than they used to, and that's thanks to Governor Lieberman and the DA.

Meanwhile the Radical record has very little, other than a bill that tried to sell Staten Island. I mean, I know Staten Island is where New York throws all their trash -and that's not trying to be rude, it's just true with places like Fresh Kills- but obviously we shouldn't sell off a piece of Atlasia for no real reason!

Let's stick with sanity and those with a record of doing good for this state. Let's re-elect Governor Lieberman and deliver him a stronger DA legislature to do even more for this state in the next term!

Now, your amazing Governor, Lowell Lieberman!

AD: Jokes

To run until the end of the cycle.
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #160 on: August 29, 2021, 10:42:49 PM »

Democratic Alliance Rally
Middletown, CT

Source
Hello my fellow Atlasians!

It is always excellent to be back in Middletown, back in the state I call home. As you saw earlier today, Governor Lieberman and Chairman Weatherboy made appearances in New Haven. I'm very pleased that the Governor got a warm welcome, the Chairman did a great job representing our party and how it will help Connecticut.

I didn't plan to come here to campaign, but I couldn't help but notice a statement, a heckle if you will, from a disgruntled former officeholder. After reading the ridiculousness that was this unironic campaign statement, I knew I had to speak up.

Let me first say this. There is no such thing as "common sense radicalism." Radicalism is what plunged this region into a state of economic downturn and spikes of terrorist attacks in mid-2017, something that has only been improved since under common-sense bipartisan legislatures and Governors.

Now, I have experience as a Governor, this individual has served in the Assembly during my tenure. He called Governor Lieberman a "do-nothing Governor," which I was shocked by since he should know a lot about being do-nothing. As an elected Assemblyman, he was elected in October 2018, literally did nothing, and had to be recalled a month later. I have never, before or since, have seen a more incompetent tenure in any political office.

These are just facts. The idea that he or any person thinks he is a qualified authority on anything involving political office and legislation is a joke and an insult to Connecticut, Lincoln, and Atlasia itself.

Governor Lieberman has done an excellent job in my book. I encourage you to vote for him, but if you have reservations about the Governor, I urge you not to validate the absolute embarrassment that is the Radical Party. For the sake of this state, keep the real do-nothings far away from Hartford.

Great seeing you again Middletown, have a great night!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #161 on: August 30, 2021, 10:03:02 PM »

RALLY
In Jonesborough, TN

Approx. 200 attendees

Hello Jonesborough!

I wanted to hop on here in Tennessee to remind you all what this election is about. In many ways we've seen this election as a referendum on Governor LT, and I think that many of you would agree that his actions are abhorrent. But let's also remember about the issues. Small towns like Jonesborough thrive with small businesses and the DA has always been a proponent of helping more small businesses grow. I mean, you have some very interesting ideas that end up working well here, like Paul's Pens just down the street. Then the restaurants all along Main Street too. These places were hit hard by the pandemic and need our help more than ever. We're ready to give better grants to small businesses to ensure they don't fall and let mega corporations take over.

And who better to make that change than your own Mayor? Ladies and Gentlemen, your Mayor, and  next state Senator, Howard Jones! And remember, vote DA first, Labor second to send a message to LT that we won't put up with his behavior!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #162 on: August 31, 2021, 12:53:24 PM »

AD: Reasons

audio only ad to play on radio stations nationwide.

Woman 1: What are the reasons I vote DA? Well, it's probably because-

Man 1: They care about the environment,

Man 2: They focus on balanced budgets,

Woman 2: They focus on the future,

Man 1: They focus on communities like mine,

Woman 1: And they are reasonable unlike some other politicians and parties.

Narrator: There's a lot of reasons to vote DA. Remember to vote this month.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #163 on: August 31, 2021, 01:11:44 PM »

Working to end farm attacks and murders

The Democratic Alliance supports all law-abiding residents of rural South Africa – black, white, coloured and Indian – and will not rest until this ANC-run government implements safety strategies to end the attacks and murders.

Residents in rural areas have a constitutional right to the same support and protection that civilians living in towns take for granted.

We want action NOW.

This is a policy statement by the Democratic Alliance
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies