Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread 2021
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:02:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread 2021
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread 2021  (Read 5866 times)
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2021, 10:41:34 AM »

RALLY
Park City, Utah
ARRREE WWWEEEE FIRREED UPPPP???
*YES WE ARE* (from the socially distanced crowd)
We need a new governor in this state. Things haven’t changed for the better in much, but things WILL change for the better under the Matheson governorship. More funding for schools, roads, public transit, helping everyone in this state from the sky-high apartments of Salt Lake City, to the rural farmers in Southern Utah, the Matheson governorship will be a governorship for ALL Utahns. Now, please meet our Lieutenant Governor Nominee, Billll Shepard!
*crowd cheers*
I am passing the microphone to Bill Shepard to talk more.

RALLY
Farmington, Utah
Hello people of Farmington!
Towns like these would greatly benefit from better schools. More funding for the schools, more schools to prevent overcrowding of existing schools, and helping to increase teacher pay. While some proposals may be stuck in state committees, the Matheson governorship will get these proposals and it’s own plans into fruition, rather than sitting on someone’s desk. While some other people may complain about a nickname I gave myself, or the length of these speeches. The DA talks about the real issues, and solutions for those issues. My time of speaking here may have been short, but I am passing the microphone to William Wolinaki, the DA Farmington mayoral candidate!
Utah needs change, and Ben Matheson is the one to lead that change.

TURN UTAH BLUE, (well it’s not exactly a tour anymore) PART 7
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #101 on: May 20, 2021, 01:25:18 PM »
« Edited: May 22, 2021, 03:05:34 PM by tmthforu94 »

Former President Tmthforu94 Campaigns in Springfield, MO

Former President Campaigns in Springfield, Photo Courtesy of LiveInSpringfield.Com

Better days are ahead for Missouri!

Since moving here, I've been grateful for the kindness shown, and as polling shows, the Democratic Alliance resurgence in Missouri is happening! Missourians are common-sense people who want a Governor that can work with both sides to get the job done. That candidate is your mayor, Adam Branson.

Mayor Branson has been results-oriented here in Springfield, and as you all have been witness to the lack of progress and action down the street at the State Capitol, you've seen what real leadership looks like in City Hall. The current government has failed time and time again to work with the legislature to produce the results that Missouri desperately needs. Both in the Southern Chamber and here in Springfield, the Democratic Alliance has already been producing results for Missouri and we are excited to expand on that. In addition to Mayor Branson, we have great candidates up and down the ballot. One of our biggest priorities will be continuing to work on reopening the state and getting our economy back to work, ensuring more high paying jobs come in to Missouri and that we can properly fund government services. We need a legislature that believes in that same mindset. One part of our platform is a pledge to increase investments into programs that help communities suffering from economic decline to rebound. There are rural areas across the state, many surrounding Springfield, that took a bit hit as a result of the pandemic. We want to provide the resources and tools to small businesses to help them get back on their feet and succeed. We are a party committed to revitalizing Main Street, not Wall Street.

As the campaign draws to a close, we will continue spreading our message to all corners of the Show Me State and will work to convince voters that we have the best vision and plan for Missouri. Our message is resonating and our momentum is building!! It's time to deliver common sense governance for Missouri, and to elect a Governor who will bring all sides together for Missouri. That is what our candidates will do. And now it is my pleasure to introduce to you the next Governor of Missouri.....Adam Branson!

GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2021, 08:17:29 PM »

RALLY
@The Great Lawn, Louisville KY

Approx. 11,000 attendees

HELLO LOUISVILLE!

How are we doin' today!?

I'm really happy to be out here in Kentucky, because I think we're seeing a blue wave that's gonna sweep into this state!

You know, even in a state like Kentucky, we've seen so many folks coming out and talking about how Governor Harlan has been doing, well, nothing. We've seen so little activity coming out of the legislature here that I wouldn't blame y'all if you thought you were still under a caretaker government.

The DA will change that. Our platform is one that speaks to working and middle class folks alike. We are going to improve infrastructure, lift more folks out of poverty, and make sure everyone has a chance, no matter their zip code, skin tone, or personal identification. We have been working on this hard in a lot of states, but especially my dear home of South Carolina. There, Governor James Cunningham has overseen some serious improvement. Light rail from the old streetcar lines has begun to connect the state. Small towns are recovering. People see more opportunity than ever before. We are blessed to have him down there.

But we need to work just as hard here in Kentucky. That's why one of the most respected judges in the state has decided to leave the bench, and make his shot at the Governor's Mansion. He also happens to be SC Governor Cunningham's father. He's pledged to serve one term, but he knows that that's all he needs to get Kentucky on the right track. Let's give a nice warm welcome to Harold Cunningham!

RALLY
In Whitesburg, KY

Approx. 450 attendees

Hello Whitesburg!

Happy to be out here in Appalachia, such a beautiful part of the country.

However, there's a problem around here. Well, there's a lot of problems that need addressing around here, but the one I want to discuss is high-speed internet. Yes, it seems odd that this would be a priority for us, until you see the details. Nearly a third, or possibly more, of rural folks don't have broadband. We see a strong correlation between lack of access to the internet and increased poverty levels.

DA has always been the party that's strong in infrastructure, and that doesn't just mean rail. That means internet for the people.

The current state of affairs is not acceptable. It's a problem affecting both of the big parties, and yet states where the DA holds control are better off than their neighbors. Look at Alabama, doing a good bit better under Governor Kimball than neighboring Mississippi. Labor would tell you that they're doing great because the top 3 states happen to be Labor controlled, but the states that are worst in this regard are controlled by the Labor-Peace coalition in Arkansas and the Federalists in Mississippi. That's a bit telling, isn't it? The truth is that both parties aren't doing their best where it matters most.

The DA will focus its efforts to expand the network across each state we can. We're doing it in South Carolina, and Governor Cunningham is doing a great job. Now, his father, a well respected Judge from Lexington, wants to help Kentucky to do well too. Let's give him a warm welcome!
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2021, 06:48:23 AM »

Speech in Burlington, NJ
Greenlanders Park
Also Televised

Good morning Burlington, let's talk about transportation, for real this time because the last talk was an nonsensical mess. Its like every time somebody from DA mentions trains, these Labor people come in and make a whole tirade about "pork barrel rail", and they complain about us spending money on it, but then they turn around and tell you how much they're going spend on infrastructure. Which is it? How can you trust them, when they are so blatantly hypocrites who only want to improve your infrastructure when they can take credit for it? The result is incoherence.

They really show that they do not know what they're talking about when they make this claim that we only want to put trains everywhere, like we didn't know that other forms of transportation exist.
Really? Just let the record speak for itself. We actually research the local situation and consult with the populace before we unveil our plan for the town. When we go to a little town and say that it could use a train line, there's already a rail line going through it. And in other cases we've pushed for other modes, like buses or light rails, which you have right here in Burlington in the form of the River Line. Amazingly, the Vice President never mentioned your primary public transportation link while he was here giving a speech about transportation! Its a unique transit line for the needs of this community, and governor Baglieri has fought hard to maintain and improve it. I'd say that he either didn't know that it existed, or intentionally ignored it because it goes against his entire point. And if you thought that was bad, I don't even think he knows what county we're in, given that he talked about Camden County and not, you know, Burlington County.

What really shows the extent of how little they actually care about Burlington is how the Vice President wanted so badly to make this about Utah and not local issues. Do they really want to make this about Utah, where their governor let people die of Covid and where the Labor party has declared that everything outside of Salt Lake City is the middle of nowhere. That's like saying everything outside of Greater New York is nowhere. Sorry Burlington, you don't get to have equitable transportation, you nowhere dwellers, now get back in your car like a real Atlasian! That's the kind of rhetoric they're resorting to to make us look bad no matter what we do. I'm sure they'll try to spin it now in some other direction, but at this point, who do you trust? I'd put my trust in the party that's made up of your neighbors, the party that actually does their homework, and that's DA. And one more thing to end off on: if pork barrel rail means investing in local communities, then I love pork barrel rail.

Speech in Newark, NJ
Prudential Concert Grove
Streamed Online
Hello Newark! Its been great to be back home in New Jersey for a while, and its really been nice to see my fellow citizens here today. And I'm sure you're glad to have me back here to valiantly save you from the crazy rhetoric we've heard this month! Jokes aside, there has been a lot of mudslinging coming from a certain red political party, and it seems like now they're so focused on attacking our image that they've totally forgotten their own. Frankly, the Labor message right now doesn't make much sense. We have one person going around our state telling you that we're crazy gunslingers who won't do anything about guns getting into the hands of criminals, and at the same time somebody else talks about how much Labor loves guns and the 2nd amendment. If you want to let the record speak for itself, I've been one of the most consistent supporters of gun control in Atlasia, more so than the average Laborite or Federalist or Liberal. They lambast us for our "irresponsible pork barrel spending" whenever we dare do anything like improving New Jersey Transit, but turn around and go on about how great their own spending programs will be, as though this is their totally original idea that definitely isn't pork barrel. Once again, let the record show that we've been out their fighting for and implementing infrastructure and community improvement projects since day one of this local elections system, and I don't think you can say that same about Labor. And of course, the name calling and lying about us have once again cropped up, even after I thought we decided that we were better than that, that it wasn't good for democracy, that we're adults for god's sake! Maybe some people aren't better than that, but I believe that everyone here today is.

Labor is more interested in tearing people down than lifting them up. In fact, there is only one party out there right now with a clear and cohesive program and how we'll lift people up, and that is Democratic Alliance. All that irresponsible spending they're talking about is creating good paying, union jobs, it's granting mobility to the working class people who can't afford a decent car, it's putting a roof over people's head, they're breathing life into cities like Newark. Newark has had a tough time through the past few decades. There was a considerable loss of population. And now you all have had to deal with the covid pandemic and the terrible recession that came along with it, which was just devastating for a working class city. And now you have people who think you care about "pork barrel spending", or state budget deficits? How out of touch does it get? We're doing what needs to be done to help real working people's budgets, to help communities like Newark. Newark is in fact starting to grow again, and its looking a lot better than when I last came here. So do what do you want, a new governor that will do who knows what, or another successful term of Bryan Baglieri?
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #104 on: May 21, 2021, 05:26:46 PM »

RALLY
@Liberty State Park, Jersey City NJ

Approx. 22,000 attendees

Hello Jersey City!!

I'm back here in this great state because it seems like some folks have come in and said some pretty crazy stuff.

Labor continues to state that the DA is to blame for all of New Jersey's problems. It's simply not true. Governor Baglieri has attempted to work with the Labor pluralities in the Assembly and has found little care for cooperation from the Labor leadership.

Perhaps that is why his plan to help bring those schools in Camden back from the brink was rejected by the Assembly. It's a point Labor brings up time and time again, and I have begun to feel as if this may have been done in a political play to try and stir up discontent against Governor Baglieri.

But the fact of the matter is that it's not his fault that the Assembly is not cooperative. It is the career politicians in the big parties that continue to play politics with people's livelihoods. We can't take that anymore. That's why DA's candidates are normal folks like you.

Like State Senate candidate Joshua Harding, owner of a local sandwich shop. He's quite popular with folks who commute into Hudson County for work, and a large portion take public transit.

We need more folks like Josh, and that's why you gotta vote DA up and down the ballot this weekend, and next too!

RALLY
@Brookdale Park, Brookdale-Montclair NJ

Approx. 13,000 attendees

Hello to the folks of Brookdale and Montclair!

Mass transit has been a massive gift bestowed upon New Jersey. I'd know.

When I lived down in Piscataway with my mom for a year, she and I couldn't get around if it wasn't for the train. She has epilepsy, and I was just a young teen. We were able to live so much better because of it. Back in SC, before Governor Cunningham, we had nothing. Within walking distance was a fast food place, a post office, a gas station, and that was about it. Now we have a small light rail station under construction there.

Here in New Jersey, we already have a strong transport base. But we can always do better. We can make sure stations are maintained. We can extend the lines we have out a bit further. We can ensure that train cars are larger capacity while remaining comfortable.

We can do this, and we will, if you re-elect Governor Baglieri! Here he is!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #105 on: May 21, 2021, 07:00:21 PM »

Radio AD:

Narrator: Governor Baglieri has fought hard for New Jersey.

Baglieri: "We gotta help these folks out, their schools are shutting down and we can't stand here doing nothing!"

Narrator: But the Assembly voted against measures to help out struggling New Jersey schools.

Don't let them keep on hurting you. Vote DA.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #106 on: May 21, 2021, 08:57:26 PM »

RALLY
@Budd Street Recreation Area, Morristown NJ

Approx. 1,500 attendees

Hello Morristown!

We're in the final stretch and it seems like Labor is flailing once again. Rather than stick to their own ideas they instead attack us for things we've never done. I really didn't wish I had to say this over and over again, but no, the DA is not going to usher in the age of coathanger abortions as certain Laborites would like you to believe. We also aren't going to have guns on every street corner like some would say. No, we're for responsible gun ownership, something that most Laborites even agree with us on! But instead they play along with this. They can't win on the facts, so they make their own.

Labor's "alternative facts" are not facts, they're fabrications, and they are trying to play the people of New Jersey for fools. But we won't let them fool us, right?!

Audience: Right!

Alright, thank you! I'll hand over the mic to Governor Baglieri, and make sure to get out there and vote DA up and down the ballot!

RALLY
@David B. Crabiel Park, North Brunswick NJ

Approx. 20,000 attendees

Hello North Brunswick!

Well, voting is already underway but right here in Middlesex County polls are still not closed! I'm gonna ask that right after this y'all head to vote and remember to stay in line even after the polls close!

We've been seeing a lot of confusion today, and I can't blame y'all with this sudden change in voting. But there is one thing that's clear. That the Labor agenda is not clear. They continue to say they're against a lot of things, including so-called "pork barrel rail" that runs throughout this state. Like, what? What is their goal here? Rejecting proven ways to help communities grow? New Jersey is a densely populated state, and the folks here gotta get around. Perhaps they could get away with that if we proposed, say, a line from Cheyanne to Jackson in Wyoming, but extending NJ Transit lines a couple more towns down? It's nonsense.

No, the DA continues to campaign on what we've done. Better teacher pay. Maintaining our vital rail links.

While we continue to take the high ground, the Chair has taken FM Truman's old, idiotic and childish name for us with him wherever he goes, trying to turn New Jersey against itself for political gain. This division is what brought us to bloodshed in Kansas. Let's make sure that we send a message: We won't it happen here! And we can only make that message by voting DA up and down the ballot tonight! So get out there and vote!

RALLY
@Huddy Park, Toms River NJ

Approx. 2,000 attendees

Hello Toms River!

I'm making one last sweep of the state as polls near closing to remind y'all that we do, in fact, have an election today!

Yes, it's odd, and yes, I find it confusing as well. But we can't let that cause chaos and allow New Jersey to move backwards by electing people who wouldn't have been elected if the old voting system was still there.

You may say "but Governor Baglieri had to have approved it, right?" and the answer to that was no. He said much the same about changing the voting system so close to an election, but sadly Labor and their Liberal allies in the Assembly forced the change through anyway. It's clear to me why, but I won't outright say it.

But it's an example of how Governor Baglieri is unable to act alone. It's why DA candidates need all the help they can get up and down the ballot. Folks like Tom Hazel, a councilman here in Toms River, and the guy running for state house in this district. Let's give him a warm welcome, and remember to vote DA up and down the ballot!

RALLY
@Romano Park, Vineland NJ

Approx. 22,000 attendees
Hello Vineland!

Glad to be here in southern Jersey keeping up the good fight!

Let's talk about our parks. Because although COVID is in decline, these places are the one place we can come in gather in large numbers safely. And not just that, but green space is crucial to our child's health too. Getting into the routine of exercise, even if it's just running around and playing in the park, is linked to the continuation of an exercise routine as one gets older. Yes, if you want a way to help reduce obesity for years to come, there's little that trumps a well-maintained park.

The DA has been focused on this all over. From Michigan to Alabama, and from Connecticut to South Carolina, DA governments have seen expansions of small places for kids and adults alike to enjoy. And on top of that, these spaces are also accessible to the disabled, something extremely helpful for the kids who previously could only watch others play, and never participate.

It's clear: the DA has the interests of the average person in mind. With affordable transportation and green spaces for those who aren't well off, we can see a strong increase in the quality of life. Let's make it a reality, and give Governor Baglieri another term and an Assembly that will not make itself into a partisan circus!

RALLY
@Oscar E. McClinton Waterfront Park, Atlantic City NJ

Approx. 5,000 attendees

Hello Atlantic City!

Let's talk about the ocean that you get your name from. It's beautiful from here, but it also represents an existential threat. We've seen effects from climate change beginning already, with an extremely active hurricane season last year. We saw 6 people lose their lives in New Jersey alone last year, and those were relatively weak storms compared to others like Sandy.

Of course, everyone remembers Sandy. But what would have happened had that storm turned earlier, hitting around here?

We'd see some serious issues. Only a fence separates the east side of the city from the waves. We need a real barrier, even something small, to ensure that should Atlantic City meet the horrible occurrence of a new hurricane, that it will be prepared.

Some folks, I suspect especially in Labor, would probably say this is "more pork barrel spending", and I'd say to them that they could happily take control and leave coastal towns and cities all along the NJ coastline to a potentially deadly storm and then pay for repairs magnitudes greater than simple preparedness would cost, and try to explain to the families of those that died how a simple seawall that would have prevented their loved one's house from being swept away is "pork barrel spending".

The DA, meanwhile, will make sure that lives are saved and property is protected. We won't let you down on that.

SPEECH
@Edison Train Station, Edison NJ

Well folks, while I wait for the next train since I barely missed the last one, I gotta say I'm proud of everyone on this campaign no matter what. I trust that folks in this state will see through Labor's lies and vote DA up and down the ballot tonight, and should the next round take place, assuming Governor Baglieri isn't elected in the first round, we will make sure that he has a strong majority next weekend. I know the folks of New Jersey will listen to those who have lived here, those who actually care for them, not someone from the other side of the country that doesn't even know what county he's in.

Ah, there's the next train. Let's ride into victory tonight, folks! Have a good one!

AD
Bad Connection

Airing statewide in NJ
[Scene: A living room with a man tuning a radio. 2 men, one in a maroon suit and the other in a navy one stand in front of him. He fiddles with it a few moments before words begin to flow, with static in between]
RADIO: Governor Baglieri...failed...as 3 Camden schools are on the edge of shutdown...
MAN: Darned thing with it's weird connection, can't tell what the hell it's actually saying half the time!
M. SUITED MAN, nervously: Hey, there's no need for that... I think I heard what it's saying! Governor Baglieri failed us again!
[M. Suited man attempts to prevent the man from tuning the radio but is held back by the navy suited man]
N. SUITED MAN: Let the man listen to the truth.
[The MAN fine tunes the radio again and the signal comes in clearer]
RADIO: Again, our top story is about how Governor Baglieri's plan to help struggling schools failed in the Assembly as 3 Camden schools are on the edge of shutdown. The Liberals and Federalists were shockingly joined by maverick members of Labor and narrowly killed the plan. Governor Baglieri stated that he was disappointed in Labor's lax attempts and winning over the mavericks, stating "it's crazy that they wouldn't work with us on something as simple as this, it's a sign of how crazy and partisan things are getting..."
MAN: Well, that don't seem like his fault to me!
M. SUITED MAN: Well, you see, uh... we're...um...
[M. Suited Man babbles incoherently in the background]
NARRATOR: Don't let Labor keep you with a bad connection, DA has been the party fighting for you. Vote DA this month.

AD: Doublespeak
Aired nationwide

[A two-headed man in a maroon suit is on a stage, seemingly a circus act. A man in a top hat speaks into a microphone.]

TOP HAT MAN: Step right up folks and see the incredible two-headed man! Ask him one thing and he gives ya two answers!
WOMAN (offscreen): What do you think about gun control?
HEAD 1: We should lift a number restrictions we've put on guns, the Federalists lie when they say we'll take people's guns away.
HEAD 2: We're a pro-gun control party and we're gonna take these weapons of war off the streets!
WOMAN: Hey, you can't be both!
MAN (offscreen): What about rail lines?
HEAD 1: We're pro-infrastructure, and we'd expand lines where it's helpful and needed.
HEAD 2: Extending a line a few towns down is unnecessary, pork barrel spending!
MAN: That doesn't make sense!
TOP HAT MAN: No more questions about the answers, anyone else?
NARRATOR: How can you vote for a party that seemingly has 2 positions on every important issue? Don't put your trust in a party that's divided against itself, vote DA for practical progressive change that's actually coherent.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #107 on: May 21, 2021, 09:20:07 PM »

@Young_DA on Twitter
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #108 on: May 21, 2021, 10:08:31 PM »

Speech
Kamas, Utah
HELLLOOO people of Kamas!
I come here to speak to y’all about a vision of change in Utah. Up here, snow often stays up here for months, and often isn’t properly cleared off of roads. Well, by electing mayoral candidate Steve McMatheson, we can clear the roads! By hiring more snow-plow drivers, and finding better ways to melt ice than Salt, which can often get into local water runoff. Hiring more snow-plow drivers and using other methods than salt, we can clear these roads! Elect Steve McMatheson as your next Mayor!

RALLY
West Valley, Utah
ARE WE FIRED UP TO VOTE FOR DA CANDIDATES UP AND DOWN THE BALLOT NEXT WEEK?
*YES WE ARE* (from the crowd)
West Valley is a rapidly growing town, people are moving here from other states and other cities for much cheaper housing. Schools in Utah have some of the highest Teacher to student ratios in Atlasia. Well, that’s about to change under the Matheson governorship. By increasing teacher pay, and building newer, better schools, we can ensure that your children have a better education. That’s right. Labor governors haven’t done enough for our students. They keep saying they will, but they never do. But under the Matheson governorship, when we say that Matheson will help Utah, we mean it.
Elect Ben Matheson as your next governor and Dianne Gonzalez as your next mayor!

UTAH (well it’s not really a tour) PART 8
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #109 on: May 21, 2021, 10:13:08 PM »

For immediate release

Well, although we did not do as good as we wished, make no mistake that these results are still a success for the DA, with some disappointments. We nearly doubled our percentage of the vote.

We may have lost the governorship, but we made large gains in the Assembly, enough to ensure that Governor-elect Norcross will need to appeal across the aisle for a stable majority. Governor Baglieri thanks everyone for the chance that he received and stated that "although we did not do as much as we could, we have made the state a better place, and I hope that the same can be said about Governor-elect Norcross."
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #110 on: May 22, 2021, 11:15:19 AM »

RALLY
@Kirklevington Park, Lexington KY

Approx. 11,000 attendees

Hello Lexington!

I'm on my way back from New Jersey and I've been hearing a lot of folks say we should be a lot more disheartened after a loss such as that. I say that although it was a loss in some ways, we should also look at what we gained and look to the future. Here in Kentucky we have a great chance at flipping the governorship, and we aren't going to let a bump in the road throw us off!

Lexington suffers from severe traffic congestion, and it's a serious issue for most folks. Recent surveys showed that only 2 percent of folks in Lexington used public transport and 7 percent don't have a car. That's a problem. We need to ensure that Lexington has the resources they need to expand both their public transport system, and introduce freeways and more routes to follow in and out of the city.

When he served on the bench, Judge Harold Cunningham saw his fair share of road rage incidents, mostly driven by frustration that traffic only made worse. He knows what needs to be done, and he's gonna work with the folks in charge at local levels to make sure that we see decreases in that.

Now, without further ado, your next governor, Harold Cunningham!

RALLY
@Lampkin Park, Bowling Green, KY

Approx. 6,000 attendees

Hello Bowling Green!

Quite the educated bunch here, and that's what I wanted to talk about today. Education, and high-knowledge based industry around here, has allowed Bowling Green to recover a bit better from the COVID-induced recession.

Rest assured that the DA and AFP coalition are strongly committed to ensuring that this system is kept in place and even expanded. We will defend places like Western Kentucky University from unfair and untrue allegations of "liberal elitism" by the right, because it's simply not the case. Meanwhile, we hope to also make it easier for children in the more rural areas of Kentucky to get a good education by paying our teachers more. It all starts with the next generation, and schools are the way we ensure that the next generation is able to handle any problem thrown at them!

That's why we have candidates that represent the people of Kentucky in their lives. With me now is state house candidate Gretchen Milhouse, formerly a 2nd grade teacher. She has seen the state of rural schools, having worked in one, and she was appalled. I'd tell you how she plans on rectifying the issue, but I think it'd be better for her to say it. So, without further interruption, your next state rep, Gretchen Milhouse!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #111 on: May 22, 2021, 02:15:13 PM »

Former President Tmthforu94 Campaigns in San Francisco, CA

Former President Campaigns in San Francisco, Photo Courtesy of WikiMedia Commons

Good afternoon, it is great to be here today with the next Mayor of San Francisco, Supervisor Elaine Hernandez!

Supervisor Hernandez's tenure on the San Francisco Board of Supervisors is a record of consensus building and practical governance. Having never missed a vote, she's been a leader on the city of LGBTQ+ rights. Speaking as both members of the LGBTQ+community, fighting for equal rights has been one of my goals throughout my time in Atlasia. In fact, post-reset, one of the first bills I authored was the Evergreen-Tmthforu LGBTQ+ Rights Act. Elaine was one of the first person I called on when drafting that legislation, and her expertise proved critical in our passage of a great expansion of LGBTQ+ rights nationwide.

You see, Elaine has been a fighter for underserved communities her whole life. From working as a social worker, to obtaining her law degree and serving as a public defender for 20+ years. She knows the city and has dedicated her life to improving it. She has been a fighter for the LGBTQ+ community. As a woman of color, she has been a fighter for women's rights and has pushed back against racism leveled against minority groups. San Francisco prides itself on its diversity and leading a city that is welcoming to ALL people is of the highest priorities for Supervisor Hernandez.

Supervisor Hernandez understands the importance of fiscal restraint. As San Francisco deals with the unreasonably high tax rates leveled down on you from the Labor Fremont government, Elaine has successfully pushed back against city efforts to increase your taxes further, while still working hard to ensure all social services are adequately funded, including successfully lobbying for an amendment to increase the housing budget to provide more housing resources for residents of San Francisco. Under Mayor Chu, we've seen the population of San Francisco continue to decline with nothing being done about the rising housing costs in San Francisco. The rent for a one bedroom apartment is nearly $3000, and these rising costs are causing people to leave the city in droves. As a famous New York politician once said, "The Rent is too d*** high", and the same applies here in San Francisco! Supervisor Hernandez has a housing plan in place to hold tenants accountable by limiting how much rent can be raised, as well as providing additional assistance to underserved communities to ensure all have a home here in San Francisco.

On issue after issue, Supervisor Hernandez has been out on the forefront lobbying for undeserved communities. I can promise you this: if she is elected Mayor, no one is going to use the word "meh" to describe her. She will be a leader, a fighter and a consensus builder. A Mayor Hernandez will move San Francisco forward. Next week is critical in determining the future of San Francisco. Elect a leader who believes in bringing people together and TAKING ACTION. Elect Elaine Hernandez to be your next Mayor! Thank you San Francisco!!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #112 on: May 22, 2021, 02:39:15 PM »
« Edited: May 22, 2021, 05:38:21 PM by tmthforu94 »

San Francisco Advertising

Earlier today, the Hernandez mayoral campaign released a campaign logo, as well as rolled out a new wave of digital and radio advertising.....

Digital advertisement to air on social media and websites through election day:

Radio advertising script to air on local affiliate radio stations through election day:
Senior Female Voiceover: My name is Sophia and I've been a resident of this city my whole life, nearly 80 years. We've seen our share of impactful leaders here throughout, and that is why I've voting for Elaine Hernandez in this mayoral race. She is a strong woman, she is a fighter, and she will make a great impact on San Francisco as Mayor.
Middle-aged Male Voiceover: In the mayoral election next week, remember: vote Elaine Hernandez.
Elaine Herndandez: I'm Supervisor Elaine Hernandez, and I'm proud to approve this message.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #113 on: May 22, 2021, 03:12:32 PM »
« Edited: May 22, 2021, 05:39:00 PM by WB »

Today the Harold Cunningham campaign released a campaign logo and an ad.

AD: The Invisible Man

[Harold Cunningham stands in front of a building, looking at the camera. "The Invisible Man" by Scatman John plays in the background]

Cunningham: I'm here at the re-election HQ for Governor Harlan in Lexington. Lots of folks around the state haven't seen him in a while.

[Cunningham walks inside, and introduces himself to the secretary at the front.]

Cunningham: Hey, Harold Cunningham here, just was wondering if the Governor was in today.

Secretary: Um... I don't believe so.

Cunningham: Well, alright, can I leave my number so he can give me a call?

[Scene cuts to the State House in Frankfort]

Cunningham: Well, if there's anyone who knows where he's at, it'd be his colleagues!

[Cunningham knocks on the door of the State House Majority Leader's offices]

[A pause for a few seconds as there is no answer.]

Cunningham: Are we sure we don't have invisible legislators? Laughing

[Text appears on screen: Make sure we don't have a government that's practically invisible, vote DA.
[In Harold Cunningham's handwriting: Oh, and if you catch Governor Harlan, tell him Judge Cunningham was looking for him.]]
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #114 on: May 22, 2021, 05:50:24 PM »
« Edited: May 22, 2021, 06:09:28 PM by WB »

RALLY
@Crissy Field, San Francisco

Approx. 26,500 attendees

Hello San Francisco!

So happy to be here in this city because it's in dire need of a change. There's no two ways around it, this city is in a housing crisis. Rent is too high, vacant living spaces are rare, and among it all taxes prove to be too much.

And it takes a lot for me to say that last bit. I'm a left-winger. However we can't justify this unless the government actually addresses the big problems here. And right now, though I'm sure Mayor Chu is a perfectly fine person, she is not the person San Francisco needs. No, the person this city needs should be someone who has lived here for most of their life, someone who knows how to handle the issue.

When you vote for Elaine Hernandez and the DA, you're voting for tried and tested leaders. You're voting for folks who are going to listen to the experts to make sure that the solution to this issue will last, not just be kicked down the line to another administration and another generation.

So now, please join me in giving a warm welcome to your next mayor, Elaine Hernandez!

New Ad
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2021, 06:12:33 PM »

Former President Tmthforu94 Campaigns with Fremont Gubernatorial Candidates

It is good to be visiting Kalispell, Montana! Folks, let me tell you - you have a great candidate here in Representative Lovelady. Now, I join all of you in the curiosity of Governor ​Fudrucker getting a tattoo of Montana. But there are some important issues we need to discuss in this campaign. While Laborites across Fremont and Atlasia continue to speak out against the gas and oil industries, Governor Fudrucker has remained silent. As regional and federal tax rates remain sky high, Governor Fudrucker has remained silent.

Representative Lovelady hasn't been silent, I can assure you that, and in the final days of this campaign he will continue to spread his message to all corners of Montana. He recognizes the importance of the oil and gas industry here in Montana, and while we do believe that it must be well-regulated and environmentally friendly, we also believe in an all of the above energy approach. Amos is going to fight against the tax hikes that plague Montana families and businesses and be a Governor that focuses on Main Street first. I hope Representative Lovelady and our DA candidates up and down the ballot can count on your vote!

Great to be back in Cheyanne today, I couldn't stay away from Wyoming for long! Today I'm thrilled to be campaigning with the next Governor of Wyoming, Cindy Herschler! Now, that name might sound familiar, as she is the daughter of former Governor Edgar Herschler.

Cindy is a farmer and rancher, she has never held public office, but managing thousands of acres is no small feat! As a small business owner, Cindy understands the importance of "smart governance" - a governor that adequately meets our needs but doesn't become too burdensome. Cindy is a consensus builder and I know that as your Governor, she will work with Labor, Federalists and all others to bring results to Wyoming.

Wyoming reminds me a lot of Kansas, and each and every day we keep seeing more businesses shut down in rural areas across Atlasia. Cindy understands the importance of rebuilding Main Street by making strategic investments in small businesses and other incentives to help revitalize our rural areas. She respects the rights of landowners across Wyoming.

As this election comes to close, I urge everyone to get out and vote for our Democratic Alliance candidates up and down the ballot, and especially for my friend, Cindy Herschler!

Hello Ogden!

Now, Utah has probably seen more political activity than any other state in this cycle, and it seemed to only increase after Governor Udall's crooked antics made a mockery of the state. One thing I can promise you - I've had the pleasure of knowing Ben Matheson for quite a while, and as Governor, he will make Utahns proud every day.

As the campaign comes to a close, I have no doubt that we'll continue to see a flurry of activity across the state. We may not have the large infrastructure and funds built up to go toe to toe with Labor on blitzing the state, but I ask each of you to remember this - look past the partisan noise and negativity you'll see in the remaining days. Take a close look at your candidates for Governor and Legislature. Look at their records, look at their history of bringing people together to get the job done. Democratic Alliance candidates across the state and nation have a proven record of building unity. It doesn't matter if we are in the majority or minority, a DA member will always be willing to work across the aisle to get the job done and bring results to their constituents.

I know that no matter what happens in this election, Ben Matheson will continue to fight every day for The People of Utah, and I hope that he has your vote for Governor next week. Thank you!
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2021, 07:21:40 PM »
« Edited: May 22, 2021, 07:30:19 PM by Utah Neolib »

Campaign Event (more dignified sounding than rally, right?)

Bountiful, Utah

HELLOOO people of the beautiful city of Bountiful! I am thrilled to see you all!
Voting for DA candidates up and down the ballot is a big step to helping repair this state. There are so, so many issues at stake here. While other parties may have used name calling and just want your vote, we actually care about the people of Utah. We need to re-open our schools safely. Our children have lost a year of in-person school to zoom. And when I say we need to re-open our schools, we mean a safe re-opening. By giving more funding to schools, and building new ones, we can help ensure our children have a good education.
Vote DA candidates up and down the ballot next weekend!

Campaign Event
Centerville, Utah
Helloooo people of this great city!
These days, Utah is broken. Not enough public transit, broken roads, over-crowded and under-funded schools. Well, that’s going to change. Labor governors keep saying they’re going to fix these problems, but they never do. Well, this time, if you vote Democratic Alliance, change WILL happen, and for the better. Starting by implementing the For the Farmers Plan, Small Town Revitalization Plan, and others, and we can make Utah a better place. We are also willing to negotiate with mayors and state legislators on how to make this happen, and how to make these plans work as best as possible.
Vote Democratic Alliance candidates up and down the ballot next week-end, and we’ll make these promises come true.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #117 on: May 23, 2021, 05:31:35 PM »

RALLY
@Merizo Ball Park, Merizo, Guam

Approx. 500 attendees

Hello Merizo!

Right behind me is the Merizo Martyrs Elementary School, a symbol of everything our future holds. It has been well maintained, but that is something that is not thanks to Governor Aguon. That is thanks to Merizo's amazing mayor, Louis Gutierrez. He saw that what was provided for the school was not enough, and he made it his personal goal to fix that. I would wager by looking at that school that he succeeded.

Mayor Gutierrez has been fighting for the people of Merizo for 8 years now, and he is ready to serve the people of all of Guam. He has shown his own commitment to small local issues, and he knows that those are what matter.

So, with that, let's give a warm welcome to Merizo's mayor, and your next Governor, Louis Gutierrez!

RALLY
In front of the Guam Governor's Office, Hagåtña, Guam

Approx. 1000 attendees

Hello Hagåtña! It's a great day for a rally here in Guam's capital.

You know, I've heard a lot of folks saying they don't have much of an opinion about the Governor. But let's think about why. Why is he hardly in the news? Why is there so little happening on this island? It's sadly a simple answer: there's not much being done when there should be.

Guam's education system has been weak for years, something reflected in high dropout rates and low test scores. This is a problem that Mayor Gutierrez has addressed while he's been Mayor of Merizo. Meanwhile it's a problem that Governor Aguon has ignored.

What Guam needs is a Governor who will actually govern, and that's who Gutierrez is. He's worked for 8 long years in Guam's southernmost village to improve the lives of everyone in town. Everything from maintaining schools, to making sure the roads are good and that new textbooks are put in school. He is the man Guam needs, and I'm confident that this coming weekend you'll elect him as Governor.

RALLY
@Lencho Park, Dededo, Guam

Good morning Dededo!

Well, I suppose this is a great place to talk about what I was planning to talk about, because it's a damn good example of why we need to improve our parks.

Guam, though it doesn't have the worst obesity rate, still sees nearly a third of the population being obese. Now, there's multiple reasons for this, but one that's easy to understand is that there just isn't anywhere to actually exercise. Especially for kids this can be an issue. I've said it over and over again. And look around you, what do you see? Rusted, broken swingsets with chains I sure as hell wouldn't trust. Paths littered with holes ready to cause someone to twist their ankle. It's no place for a kid to play.

The very least we can do is draw attention to the issue, and Mayor Gutierrez wants to do a hell of a lot more than that. We're seeing levels of government inactivity that are simply inexcusable, and we need to turn it around so issues like these can be addressed. Mayor Gutierrez is the man to do it.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #118 on: May 24, 2021, 07:00:26 AM »
« Edited: May 24, 2021, 08:38:40 AM by WB »

As vaccination rates increase, more of each rally space is reserved for those who are fully vaccinated. At WB rallies it is now a 2:3 ratio rather than 1:1.

RALLY
@Mission Delores Park, San Francisco

Approx. 12,000 attendees

Hello San Francisco!

How are we doing this fine Monday morning?

Well, it's been a couple days since I came here and yet I still have yet to hear from Mayor Chu or any prominent Laborite what exactly they're going to do about the housing crisis. They talk about how some taxes aren't a thing, something I'm sure the guy who can't afford nearly 3,000 dollar rent has as his first priority. No, the DA is going to focus on the real, big issue right here. Mixed zoning going forward so that we can live closer to work and school, and therefore have a denser core that allows for new building elsewhere. Examining our options for areas where new housing can be built. And so, so much more. It's stuff that I'm no expert on, but it makes sense. It’s common sense stuff. Part of why I say I’m not an expert is because I don't live here. So don't take it from me, take it from someone who's lived here most of her life and has been serving you for decades!

Ladies and gentlemen, your next Mayor, Elaine Hernandez!

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #119 on: May 24, 2021, 10:59:26 PM »

RALLY
@Zilker Park, Austin, TX

Approx. 45,000 attendees

HELLO AUSTIN!

*cheers*

How are we doing this fine summer's night?

It's so nice to see so many folks fired up for an election. We've got, at least from estimates I was given, over 40,000 folks here tonight.

Labor may think they have a vice grip on the Lone Star State, but I think we can give them a plain answer to that! What's your answer, Austin?

*NO!*

That's what I like to hear! Now, we've seen some crazy things going around everywhere on the campaign trail. But right now, more than ever, we need strong leaders to take the reigns and make sure that we are not led astray.

Leaders like Gonzalo Castro, who has been one of the most outspoken advocates of the Latino community here in Austin. He's young, at 29, but for nearly a decade he's been working to help out folks in the community. Growing up in poverty, he couldn't go to college at the time, and instead resolved to do everything in his power to make sure folks like him wouldn't have to grow up like he did. He's helped organize community centers, he's successfully lobbied for more investment into Austin's Latino communities, and now, he's running to be your next State Senator.

It's leaders like him who help those among us who are least fortunate. He knows that the DA has the focus on local issues, the progressivism that is needed, with moderation to ensure that things don't go off the rails.

I'm also here because I have an important announcement to make. I may have had a moderate success in rebuilding my reputation after my admittedly bad Presidency, but I know that I have not yet done enough. True leaders own up to mistakes, and look to fix them. I want to do that as Atlasia moves into a new Constitution, likely to be ratified in the upcoming days.

That's why tonight, I'm announcing my candidacy for Senator in the Deep South subregion, of which Texas is a part.

*cheers*

I pledge to you tonight that I will work with folks across the spectrum to create real, future-oriented policy. I pledge to you tonight that I will not repeat the mistakes of my past, and that I will be an active member of the chamber. A number of representatives can't even show up to every vote, but I pledge to you tonight that as Senator I would not take their bad example as an excuse to do the same.

But tonight isn't just about me, it's about everyone in this party. Because everyone is equals here. I see myself and Gonzalo as equal members of the same group. I see myself equal to our candidate for Governor, Terrica Garcia. She has fought just as hard as Gonzalo for years, working with both main parties while rejecting the worst elements of each. She knows that you don't have to decide between progress or a focus on local issues, she knows that you don't have to decide between the two parties at all. The DA serves as the happy medium, a combination of what makes each main party good.

She's going to take that mentality of consensus, working to better the lives of average Texans, and pragmatic progressivism with her to the Governor's Mansion. Now, ladies and gentlemen, your next Governor, Terrica Garcia!

Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #120 on: May 25, 2021, 09:54:41 AM »

RALLY
Salt Lake City, Utah

HELLOOOO TO ALL WHO HAVE ATTENDED!
This is not just an election, but a battle to fix a broken Utah. A battle to save Utah. We have supported expanding public transit, building new schools, and helping farmers among many, many other things. Under the Matheson governorship, it will be a governorship for ALL Utahns, regardless of party. The road that I can see from here doesn’t look that good. But, under the Matheson Governorship, we will try to fix and repair many, many roads, as they are a key part of infrastructure. I am passing the microphone to Our Lieutenant Governor nominee, Billll Shepppard! Vote DA candidates up and down the ballot next week-end!

Utah needs change and Ben Matheson is the one to lead that change.

RALLY
Ogden, Utah
Hellooo people of Ogden!
This is a battle to repair a broken Utah. A Utah with under-funded schools and a teacher shortage, and a Utah that is simply broken. It’s time for that to change. Ben Matheson’s plan to repair small towns, can also help cities like these. Roads are important, and the Small a town Revitalization Plan has funding for repairing roads included in it, and building new schools. I am now passing the microphone to Ogden Mayoral Candiate, Austin Smith!
Vote DA candidates up and down the ballot next week-end!
Utah needs change and Ben Matheson is the one to lead that change.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #121 on: May 25, 2021, 09:57:22 AM »

RALLY
Provo, Utah
Helloooo Provoooo!
What a beautiful city. As you all know, we get lots of snow in the winter. Salt, which is often used to clear roads, can damage city drinking water. Using dirt and other methods to clear ice away will be a priority under your next Mayor, Smith Smith! Smith is needed to help the city of Provo, and repair it’s roads, and help build new schools among other things. While my speaking time may have been quite short, Smith Smith knows more about this city than I do, and I’m passing the microphone to him!

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #122 on: May 25, 2021, 01:10:24 PM »

RALLY
@Floyd Gwin Park, Odessa, TX

Approx. 20,000 attendees

HELLO ODESSA!

*cheers*

Glad to be out here helping fight the good fight for the folks of Texas, the South, and Atlasia!

You know I keep hearing the same line from Laborites, over and over again about how every problem we point out has been “solved”, but I actually walk around the neighborhoods where I go and I don’t see places where Labor has fixed things. In fact out in Fremont we’ve seen things that Labor conveniently ignores. Economic flight especially. DA has been hitting that point for a while. Labor has solved issues, yes, and I commend their work on some things. But they fail to even recognize a bunch of new ones. Texas, Fremont, hell Atlasia as a whole don’t need the same old tired leaders that continue to ignore the hardworking folks of Atlasia and their plights. We need new perspectives, new leaders, and folks that have lived through it.

With me now is Jeremiah Jones, who was laid off because the company he worked at in New Mexico moved out of Fremont. He moved here to Texas because he saw more opportunities here. He was thrust into the position of community leader when he was contacted by friends he made here to run for City Council. He won, and now he’s helping out folks who are moving into the south every day seeing better opportunities. We want to fix the situation out west, but in the meantime we need leaders like Jeremiah to make Texas a better place. That’s why he’s running for state house! Let’s give a warm welcome to Councilman Jones!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #123 on: May 25, 2021, 04:49:26 PM »

Former President Tmthforu94 Makes Appearance on CNN

Tmthforu94 makes appearance on CNN to address recent Labor attacks

Thanks for having me on your program. Earlier today, the Labor Party sank to another low in their spirit of nasty campaigning. Some of you may have already seen the ad that's currently running in Texas, but it attempts to depict us as vicious, and inappropriately shows a dog viciously attacking a man. Highly offensive, completely inappropriate, but at this point, to be expected from them.

As an animal lover, I don't like seeing dogs depicted this way - former First Dog Benson was horrified when he saw the ad. Our kids see enough awful things on TV already, I don't think these violent depictions of dogs should be aired on television.

Additionally, it is completely inaccurate. It's funny how a month ago, Labor was happy to have our support and we certainly have worked with them before. Referring to us as Federalist lapdogs is a total joke and I hope the voters see right through this. They also continue to mislead voters with this ridiculous narrative that they have eliminated everyone's taxes (citation - Truman's speech in Utah today) - I know voters will take a look at their paychecks and know that isn't the case.

The election is upon us - I urge the voters to look past their nastiness, and across Atlasia, elect leaders that support common-sense solutions and will bring people together, not sow further division. Atlasians are sick of this nasty rhetoric.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #124 on: May 25, 2021, 10:31:46 PM »

Former President Tmthforu94 Makes Final Campaign Stops

Hello San Francisco! As the campaign is drawing to a close, I want to remind you to get out there and vote Elaine Hernandez for Mayor tomorrow! Elaine has a decade+ track record of achieving results and progress for underrepresented communities across San Francisco.

As Mayor, Elaine will use that platform to continue to advocate for the less fortunate and make San Francisco better for all. She is a doer. She will address the housing crisis that has been plaguing San Francisco for years and start bringing people BACK to the city, instead of leaving in droves. When the polls open, vote for Elaine!

Good afternoon, West Texas! I can feel the momentum continuing to grow for Terrica and our great DA candidates running in the legislature.

Earlier today, we saw another example of negative campaigning, and we've responded to it. Rather than continue one with that toxicity, I want to talk to you today about Terrica, our candidate, and what we will do for communities across Texas. We've already worked so hard to continue to make improvements to rural communities and infrastructure. Governor Benson has greatly expanded broadband access to rural areas across Kansas, and I know there are many areas here in Texas that are in need of it.

Our leadership was also shown recently with the vaccination implementation in the South, led by the Democratic Alliance, and heralded across Atlasia and the world for it's effectiveness. How did we accomplish that? By ditching the party labels and partisanship - working across party lines and getting the job done. That is what Terrica will do as Governor. She is the right choice for Texas, and I hope when you head out to the polls, her along with all of our legislative candidates have your vote!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies