Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread 2021
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:07:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread 2021
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread 2021  (Read 5802 times)
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2021, 11:59:32 PM »

Leaflets were printed and handed out by DA volunteers across the country.

Want REAL LOCAL CHANGE?

DA is the party for you!

We've been focused on local issues in every community across Atlasia since our inception!
We'll work for you, the people!
and we're made up of people just like you, wanting to change your community for the better!

VOTE DA IN YOUR LOCAL ELECTIONS THIS WEEKEND
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2021, 09:26:14 PM »

SPEECH
In Winkelman, AZ

Winkelman-Winkelman Luten Bridge-1916-2
Marine 69-71, CC BY-SA 4.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

Hello Winkelman!

I'm sure you've seen all the campaigning going on in the big cities of this state, and as the smallest town in Arizona you guys feel like no one cares.

This couldn't be further from the truth ever since DA came on the scene.

We know that communities like Winkelman need as much attention as the big cities. That's why DA is going to fight for better school funding so that Winkelman Elementary and Hayden High can get the attention they badly need.

We're going to fight to give small communities funding for infrastructure repairs so you all can pave the roads here. We're going to give grants to small business startups that aim to combat the food deserts across not just Arizona, but Atlasia.

Don't let some propaganda fool you. DA is not the "centralist" party and never has been. We've always been local, and we'll always hear and address your concerns, no matter if you live in Winkelman or Phoenix.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2021, 11:36:22 PM »

Press Release

DA Chair WB announced plans to visit every state in the next round of local elections, currently still expected to be held in March. WB stated that "DA is not a party of blue or red states, or purple and orange ones, we are a party for everyone, and our campaign should show that." Exact details of where the chair plans to go in each state have yet to be divulged.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2021, 01:12:02 AM »
« Edited: March 15, 2021, 08:17:29 AM by Chair WB »

SPEECH
@ Whale Bone Arch, Utqiagvik, Alaska

Barrow AK
Unknown authorUnknown author, CC BY-SA 2.5 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5>, via Wikimedia Commons

Only media presence was allowed.

Hello to the great folks here at the top of the world in Utqiagvik!

I'm here at the whale bone arch because I think it's a great pass both into this area's past, and, looking through it, into the future. Right behind me, through the arch is the Arctic ocean, and that's important to what I'm trying to say. Because there's a problem that you all have been facing here, and that's climate change. We said it before and we'll say it again, the Democratic Alliance will, on the local, state, regional, and national stages, fight against climate change. Those commitments have gotten us support from people like T'Chenka, people who have fought for green causes. I know a lotta you voted green before. What Alaska needs now is blue and green. Let's vote for change.

Rally
In Anuktuvuk Pass, Alaska

Dumpsters in Anaktuvuk Pass, Alaska
Paxson Woelber, CC BY-SA 3.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

Social distancing was required. Estimated attendance was 125.

Good morning to everyone here in Anuktuvuk Pass!

I can tell a lot of you all are here today, maybe half the town by the looks of it. That's probably because we share a lot of the same values. Compassion, humor, respect for nature, and what is probably most important in this campaign, avoiding conflict. We've seen crazy things happen in Atlasia the past couple months, and it's stemming from campaigns butting heads, calling eachother names. DA has led the charge for a gentler Atlasia, and we're going to lead the charge for a gentler Alaska too.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2021, 10:08:50 AM »

Rally
In Bettles, Alaska

Bettles and Evansville, Alaska
Steve Hillebrand, US Fish & Wildlife Service, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons

Social distancing guidelines were followed, with an attendance of 20.

Good morning to everyone here in Bettles!

You know, I love visiting little towns like this. Not sure what it is really, there's just some charm here.

But it's clear that y'all need help. Every year this community has been shrinking. It doesn't help that the only school closed some years back.

But even here there is opportunity. Seems like the main thing you do here is tourism, with the Bettles Lodge behind me as the prime example of it, along with others in the area. But it's hard to get here, and hardly anyone hears about you. We need to improve the infrastructure here and promote small towns like Bettles to be hotspots of green tourism. I know someone will joke that I'll advocate for a train station all the way up here, but what I'm talking about is things like maintaining the airstrip. It's small things like that that can revive remote towns like Bettles. We can do it, but we need your support first. That's why you need to vote DA.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2021, 10:42:47 PM »

Rally
@ Graehl Park, Fairbanks Alaska

Downtown Fairbanks, Alaska
FairbanksMike, CC BY 2.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

Social distancing guidelines were followed, with an attendance of approx. 100.

Good afternoon Fairbanks!

I'm glad to be continuing my tour of Alaska because this election is so important. Climate change continues to hit this state hard, even places as far inland as Fairbanks are seeing the effects. DA has a plan to combat climate change in Alaska. Our plan includes a transition to green energy for the state that has won praise from left-wing environmentalists and Green leaders. In fact, our gubernatorial candidate was a Green last election. She ran for state house right here in Fairbanks, and she's been a fighter for a local, green agenda ever since. She is the embodiment of what this campaign is about. I ask you all to give a warm welcome to Amelia Begich!

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2021, 02:52:41 AM »

Rally
@ Delaney Park, Anchorage, Alaska

Alaskan Veterans Memorial at Delaney Park Strip. (47708962232)
Craig Talbert, CC BY 2.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0>, via Wikimedia Commons
FairbanksMike, CC BY 2.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

Social distancing guidelines were followed, with an attendance of approx. 1000.

Good evening Anchorage!

I was looking forward to this stop because I've always been a fan of this city. You have everything from the most diverse neighborhood in Atlasia to beautiful nature. The ingenuity of this city has stunned me. If you told me this park used to be an airstrip and a fire break, I wouldn't believe you. It's that creative, community repurposing that the DA wants to bring around this state. That's what Amelia Begich and our wonderful candidates for the legislature are gonna fight for. They'll fight for aid to small towns around the state, they'll fight for expanding public transit in cities like Anchorage, and in all they'll fight for you! Now here's your next governor, Amelia Begich!

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2021, 11:20:03 PM »
« Edited: March 17, 2021, 12:39:45 AM by Chair WB »

Rally
@ Vista Hermosa Park, Los Angeles, California

2013, Vista Hermosa Natural Park - panoramio
Chris English, CC BY-SA 3.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

Social distancing guidelines were followed, with an attendance of approx. 500.

Good morning Los Angeles!

I'm glad to be here in California because the DA's cause is national. We aren't a party of a single region. Our message reaches to everyone, from California to Maine, from Oklahoma to Alaska, and everywhere in between.

I don't know if all of y'all have seen the news recently, but DA has achieved some great things over in the South, and we are confident we can do the same here in California. We made a tax benefit that supports first-time homeowners, and got consensus support. This benefit made life so much easier for young people trying to live independently, and we need to bring that here. These are the simple solutions that only DA has been bringing up, and we are going to deliver like we always have.  

Rally
@ Crocker Park, Sacramento, California

Sacramento Riverfront
DevinCook at English Wikipedia, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons

Social distancing guidelines were followed, with an attendance of approx. 750.

Good afternoon Sacramento!

I was talking earlier today about DA's work to help out young homeowners in the south, and how we plan on bringing that mindset to California.

Another thing we need to do is promote financial literacy among our kids. Far too many don't know a damn thing that they're doing when they're first out in the world. I know that a lot of folks, while they're in class, think "how does this actually prepare me for real life?" We need to have classes that do that, my mom always called it "Adulting 101". We need to make sure folks can get on their feet and be independent as soon as possible. I know it, you know it, and your next governor knows it too! She's a former teacher from Hiram Johnson High right here in Sacramento, and she's going to fight for the folks of this great state! I want you all to give a big round of applause for Mrs. Miriam Godfrey!!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2021, 09:59:28 PM »

AD: "Our Castle"
To be aired nationwide

Scene opens with a child playing in the front of a small suburban home, fighting invisible foes.

Single Father: Josh likes to pretend our home is a castle and defend it, it's heartwarming, but it also reminds me of how bad things used to be.

Scene changes to the Single Father in a living room.

His mom was the breadwinner, we were looking forward to finally moving out of that apartment and well... after the accident, things became... so, so much harder for us. I really had no idea if we would be able to live independently, I felt chained. Josh always kept up that childlike optimism though and, well, maybe he was right. Because we had someone fighting for us that we didn't even know.

Southern Speaker tmth has become a hero for us, and so has DA. Because they fought to make sure first-time homeowners like me can rest a little easier knowing that our financial issues are not as bad as they were before.

Scene changes back to the child playing in the front yard.

Thanks to them, our castle will hold strong for some time to come.

Democratic Alliance Logo fades in with the election date shown.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2021, 07:02:19 AM »

Speech
In Amador City, California

2009-0724-CA-AmadorCity
Bobak Ha'Eri, CC BY 3.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

Only media presence was allowed.

Howdy to California Gold Country from Amador City!

I gotta say that this town has been great so far, I've been resting in the Imperial Hotel, and the hospitality you folks have given me has been amazing. Thank you for that.

Part of why I'm here is because Amador City is the smallest city in California. Despite how small you all are, though, you have some great small businesses and events here. And we want to help expand that sense of community and the prosperity that comes with it. DA has shown time and time again our competence in leadership, our successes. The South leads in vaccine distribution. First-time homeowners, young and old, are living more comfortably and contributing more to the community. Don't let someone come around and say that all DA cares about is east of the Mississippi, look at the facts.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2021, 06:31:45 AM »

Rally
@ Memorial Park, Rapid City, South Dakota

Rapid City Downtown
Kevin Gabbert - User: (WT-shared) Kevin James at  wts wikivoyage, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons

Good Morning Rapid City!

I'm glad to be here in South Dakota to continue to spread the DA's core message and values. Yes, this may be a very strong Labor state, but that doesn't mean we don't care about you.

Rapid City remains the biggest place for healthcare in a five-state region. You all have some damn great facilities, in fact. But that doesn't mean we can't do better, and that certainly doesn't mean we should cut back on spending in this area. The DA is committed to growing and maintaining the local healthcare apparatus here in Rapid City, and all across the state. We know that these matters are life-and-death, and we will always work to make sure that the balance is tipped in life's direction as much as possible.

Our candidate for Governor knows this all too well. He was an ambulance driver before he was elected as an MP for Rapid City. He's fought for you all these past few months, and he's gonna fight for you as governor! Let's give a big round of applause to Mr. David Hollingsworth!

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2021, 07:08:37 AM »

Rally
@ James Madison Park, Madison Wisconsin

James Madison Park shelter rooftop garden (July 2014 - 3)
James Steakley, CC BY-SA 3.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

Social distancing guidelines were followed with an attendance of approx. 700.

Good afternoon Madison!

Well, I'm very happy to be here with Governor Baldwin today, because this is a very important election. The Governor has been thrown challenges left and right, and each one he has dealt with swiftly and efficiently. Whether it's folks in the legislature who care more about themselves than their constituents, or battling COVID, or just making sure that people are taken care of during these turbulent times, he's been able to handle them as best as he can.

But we can not allow the progress we've made to be shaken. We need your support for another term, and we need a renewed mandate to keep up all the success we've had in this state!

With that, I'm glad to introduce the Governor of Wisconsin, Mark Baldwin!

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2021, 10:50:05 AM »

Rally
@ Wolfenbuttel Park, Kenosha, Wisconsin

Kenosha's Lakefront
Theodore Ruffalo, CC0, via Wikimedia Commons

Social distancing guidelines were followed with an attendance of approx. 2000.

Good afternoon Kenosha!

I'm so glad to be here continuing my tour of the nation, and specifically Wisconsin, in this beautiful town.

I chose to come here because the echoes of the cries of justice still ring in this city. In August of last year, then-Rep Beeman marched with activists in this city calling for better oversight in the wake of the shooting of Jacob Blake. And thanks to folks like you who voted DA, we have, despite some opposition from the forces of injustice, prevailed in passing new legislation that increases punishments for using excessive force. We've made strong action while we've been in office, and that's exactly why our motto is "Unity and Action". Because we need to unify in this moment, take action on the issues effecting us today, and stand strong to see to it that we will be ready for the issues of tomorrow! We need another term of DA to keep Wisconsin going on the path to a better tomorrow!

With that, I'm glad to introduce one of the folks who's been leading Wisconsin down that path! Your state senator, Harold Gottfried!

RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2021, 01:36:02 PM »

Rally -  Detroit, Michigan

Hello Detroit! It's an excellent day for a campaign. I've just come from Ann Arbor announcing my campaign for the House and I must say, Michiganders sure do give warm welcomes.

I'd like to thank Governor Elliott for joining me on stage this afternoon and for his leadership through the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. I've heard a lot about how vaccination rollouts have been going smoothly and how his administration's leadership is a model for how the nation is fighting this off.

Governor Elliott has shown the people of Michigan have responsible leadership that cares for its people. He's shown himself as one of the most proactive members of our government, attracting more jobs to the Motor City than in the past decade, responded with strong leadership advocating for the African American community in the face of police brutality, and has worked to decrease the state's poverty rate to record lows.

Governor Elliott, you've truly shown yourself as someone who is dedicated to working for the people. I am proud to stand with you today, and I think the voters will stand with you on election day. Your state has a strong leader Michigan, and without further ado, the stage is yours, Governor!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2021, 08:30:15 AM »

Rally
@ Marinette City Park, Marinette, Wisconsin

MarinetteWisconsinSign
User Royalbroil on en.wikipedia, CC BY-SA 2.5 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5>, via Wikimedia Commons

Social distancing guidelines were followed, with an attendance of approx. 700.

Good morning Marinette!

I'm glad to be here today continuing my tour of Atlasia, and I gotta say it's been amazing here in Wisconsin. It reminds me of the golden rule: treat others the way you wish to be treated. Well, we've worked hard for you, and you've been so open and helping these past couple days.

My good friend Scott was in this state the other day talking about how Labor would help out, well, labor, in this state. And I don't think he'd be wrong. However, I also say that DA has been working on that here in Wisconsin and the rest of the rust belt. We've proven ourselves here in Wisconsin, and we'll keep up this era of good leadership if you entrust us with another term. You don't need to choose between progressivism and a focus on local issues. You can get both with DA.

Rally
@ Great Lakes Memorial Marina Park, Menominee, Michigan

MenomineeMichiganGreatLakesMarinaPark
User:Royalbroil, CC BY-SA 2.5 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5>, via Wikimedia Commons

Hello Menominee!

Well, I was just in your twin city across the border in Marinette, and I know you all could hear me from there, you could hear our positive, progressive message. We aren't just bringing that to one state, but all states we've been governing. At every level we have listened to the people's concerns and dealt with them. That's why Governor Elliott, when he heard local business' concerns about a shortage of skilled workers for Menominee's shipbuilding and helicopter construction industries, fought for funding to create new vocational schools across Michigan, including one here in Menominee. Already we're seeing the effects with towns like Menominee recovering from the economic downturn caused by COVID. DA is managing this state not just with competence, but mastery.

With that, I'll introduce y'all to the man who has guided Michigan so well these past few months, Governor Elliott!

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2021, 06:40:51 PM »

Rally
@ Ferris Park, Lansing, Michigan

Lansing skyline brobb 11 2009
Subterranean, CC BY 3.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

Social distancing guidelines were followed, with an attendance of approx. 750.

Good afternoon Lansing!

Well, we're here in the capital, and that's because Michigan needs your help! Governor Elliott and DA state reps have been working themselves crazy helping y'all. I think there's one thing that you may have noticed in particular that we've been working real damn hard on. We're fixing the DAMN ROADS!

Yes, others may joke about our seemingly single-minded focus on rail transport, but we know damn well that roads are just as important, especially in rural areas. Meanwhile we've been helping larger cities like Lansing further develop their public transport systems to reduce our carbon footprint while also expanding social and economic mobility.

But our work is never done. The problems facing Michigan are many, but DA is the real party to face them! That's why at the end of this week, Michigan needs a renewed, expanded mandate for DA to get more done! Let's make it happen!

Meet the Candidates
@ Hell Saloon, Hell, Michigan

NWS Hell MI
Sswonk, CC BY-SA 3.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

Masks required.

WB and local DA candidates, as well as Governor Elliott, met with locals at the Saloon. They discussed local policy, as well as sharing personal stories.

RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2021, 03:04:55 PM »

Rally -  Indianapolis, Indiana

Source: Wikimedia Commons

Good afternoon Indianapolis! Thank you for joining Governor Donnelly and I on this fantastic spring afternoon. I must say, Governor Donnelly, you truly embody some of the best traits most valuable in government. You're a fighter for the people of this great state, you've risen above partisan politics to get things done.

He has fought for and signed into law one of the most influential infrastructure restoration acts in the country, something Indiana has been desperately needing for years but has been ignored by a deadlocked federal government. He has made sure his community is safe, reaching out to more rural communities so they are guaranteed easily accessible COVID vaccines. In the face of this pandemic, he signed into law legislation that has provided a safety net for small businesses to thrive in the face of an impact they had no control over.

The sad thing is, the Liberals are proposing watered-down versions of the policies you have proposed and passed while campaigning against you. I have never seen in my years as a campaigner, a more blatantly hypocritical and opportunist campaign against any officeholder, a campaign that promises to blatantly take away policies that have not only worked but succeeded to better the lives of hundreds of thousands of Hoosiers. There's one thing they can't replicate though, and that's your outstanding leadership. Nobody's a fighter like Peter Donnelly and without further ado, the stage is yours, Governor!
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2021, 12:47:58 AM »

Speech in Kokomo, Indiana
Took Place at Kokomo Memorial Park
Distance Enforced & Streamed Online

Good evening Kokomo! Its my pleasure to be campaigning in Indiana for a 2nd time now, and its been very exciting seeing all the progress that has been made under DA leadership. I'm sure you all know that Kokomo has been hit hard for the last decade, and that a lot of the key blue collar jobs were lost. But we weren't going to let that be the end for the city of firsts! Back last August when common citiznes all over Indiana and all over Atlasia stoop up and voted for a change, that was a real turning point. You voted for local economic revitalization, you voted for infrastructure improvements, among other things, and you most importantly voted for people that cared about doing bold things for the community. And that's what we've been fighting for non-stop. Policies like the transportation grants I wrote have brought investment to Kokomo and made it possible for this small city to have a bus system which gets struggling people to work every day. Policies like the small business support act I sponsored that have brought business back to Main Street, and down south Tmth's successful policy to expand housing access can and will be implemented here.

That's not the end of it, I know that Governor Donelly has been working just as hard and probably harder for you. By encouraging the implementation of community revitalization plans that we've laid out, by making sure the funding is there for critical infrastructure to be maintained, and bringing more industry to Indiana instead of having more flee. Democratic Alliance has been consistent from day one to now in putting local communities first and helping the working man and woman, the struggling families, the homeless, and our middle class backbone. And it won't end there. As I mentioned before, Kokomo is known as the "city of firsts" and has had a long streak of great innovations. I don't want that to end there. More innovation is needed for the sustained future success of Kokomo's economy, and that required education, which is exactly what the Indiana DA's next priority will be. We're going to make sure that IU Kokomo has the funding needed to provide an education to all the young people here that deserve it, and we pledge to open a new vocational school right here to help everyone, not just straight A students, get a decent job and continue to fuel the vital blue collar economy. Let's not turn back on the real local progress the DA brings. Let's not vote in a new government that will cut our programs or neglect to care about you. Let's get out and vote for another term!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2021, 08:58:07 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2021, 10:23:04 AM by Chair WB »

Rally
@ Lundquist Bicentennial Park, Elkhart, Indiana

ElkhartSummer
Acsmith3, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons

Good morning Elkhart!

Glad to be here in Indiana, and I'm extremely glad because I am here with two great individuals.

Governor Donnelly has been a shining example of who and what Indiana needs right now. Sensible, yet progressive leadership.

The DA has always been about working with all sides. That's why we've worked with Federalists and Liberals in the past. And today I'm happy to say that we're working with the Good Ol' Labor Party as well! I had a great talk with Vice President OBD earlier today, along with other DA and Labor leaders including DA Governors Cunningham and Donnelly, as well as Labor Governor Gaviotti. We worked out a plan to create a better, more progressive Atlasia through the local elections. Now, I'd like to hand the mic over to the folks who are gonna bring that vision to Indiana! Governor Donnelly and your next Lieutenant Governor, Judd Laurel!

Rally
@ Thompson Park, Guymon, Oklahoma

Texas County, Oklahoma courthouse from NE 1
Ammodramus, CC0, via Wikimedia Commons

Hello Guymon!

I'm happy to be here out in Oklahoma campaigning for the DA.

You know, there's a tumblin' issue rumblin' round these parts, and it seems like no one has wanted to address it. So I will. Tumbleweed, as y'all definitely know, is a bit of a nuisance round these parts. It hurts crop yields, it creates fires easily, and it can collect and clog up roads. We've been fighting for years to get rid of the stuff. The DA plans on allocating additional funding to help further this fight, so that y'all can get some relief from it. And with me now is one of the principal figures in this fight, your next Lieutenant Governor, Henry Edmondson!

Rally
@ Maurice A. Ferre Park, Miami, Florida

Bicentennial Park June 2014
AuntieMamesTravels, CC BY-SA 4.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

Social distancing guidelines were followed, with an attendance of approx. 3000.

Good Afternoon Miami!

Well, I just have to say that I can tell y'all love Mayor Diaz. We've seen an outpouring of support from Cubans, Haitians, African-Atlasians, and everyone in between. And I can't blame you! Expanded public transportation. Aid for small businesses during the pandemic. Measures to clean up pollution all across the city. This is the Mayor's record, and I know the best is yet to come! I know y'all are gonna vote for more of the proven, strong leadership Mayor Diaz has brought to Miami! Without further ado, here is the Mayor herself!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2021, 09:28:38 AM »

Speech
@Palo Seco, Toa Baca, Puerto Rico

Punta Salinas Beach, Toa Baja
Ishamari Drennan-Colón / CC0

Only media presence allowed. An interpreter was present.

Good morning Puerto Rico!

I think many of you may recognize this spot. It was here that, rather than throw childish names around, I calmly dispelled mistruth. My example here in August paved the way towards a better way of campaigning. Yes, we saw things get worse, but now tensions have cooled. We have brought Atlasia back from the brink of partisan insanity. We have not just done this in our campaigns, but in the way we govern. We've worked with all sides in all states, including Puerto Rico, to provide real, structural change while not resorting to short-sighted, blindly partisan deals.

That's how we've governed across Atlasia, and that's how we will govern in Puerto Rico.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2021, 06:47:31 PM »

Speech+Meet the Candidates
@Sullivan's Restaurant, Sullivan's Island, South Carolina

Sullivan's Island viewed from Fort Moultrie
Thomson200, CC0, via Wikimedia Commons

Masks Required

Good evening Sullivan's Island!

I'm happy to be back home again in the Palmetto State, and thought where better to go to start off a tour here than one of my favorite restaurants?

I'll be meeting with the owners tonight, but they've already told me that if it weren't for aid that Governor Cunningham and the DA-AFP majority got to small businesses, they would have gone under months ago.*

It's another success story for the DA-AFP trifecta, and another reason why y'all should give Governor Cunningham another term and renewed mandate. After all, without him, y'all wouldn't be able to have Sullivan's amazing she-crab soup!

WB and local candidates, including Gov. Cunningham, met with constituents in the restaurant, discussing local issues and the DA-AFP government's accomplishments.

*This happened IRL. https://abcnews4.com/news/local/sullivans-seafood-restaurant-to-close-next-sunday-after-32-years-of-business

Speech
@Garrison's Place, Hartsville, South Carolina

Hartsville SC
Evanoco, CC BY-SA 4.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

Social distancing guidelines enforced, with an attendance of approx. 100.

Good evening Hartsville.

I'll jump right into it: right behind me is a testament to what the Governor has been able to do in this state.

I stood here back in August, and I told you all that the DA would fight to make public parks and recreations areas more accessible. Not only did I introduce the GARRISON Act while in the Chamber of Delegates, but Governor Cunningham took it a step further, creating another fund statewide that would focus on the same goal. With those funds, the city of Hartsville expanded Garrison's Place into a full, accessible play area for kids. A child confined to a wheelchair due to SMA, like Garrison was, can enjoy the ziplines, swings, and  here. He was an inspiration to me, and thanks to him, kids just like him can have fun like everyone else.

This is the legacy he leaves behind, and it's the legacy the Governor and I have carried on.

(Note to Peanut, in case he is unaware of Garrison's story: https://scnow.com/news/pee_dee_weekly/a-young-life-a-lasting-legacy-garrison-murph-2008-2019/article_743db270-c1e7-11e9-b815-af374f3e25fb.html)
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2021, 11:20:21 PM »

Speech in Fort Wayne
Took Place in Headwaters Park
Social Distancing Enforced
Streamed Online

Greetings to Fort Wayne! Have you been enjoying taking the train to Indianapolis? Well maybe you haven't yet because of the reduced amount of travel right now, but we have gotten it up and running. It was fairly simple actually, it was just a matter of building some platforms and put some trains on the already existing main line between Indianapolis, Muncie, and Fort Wayne to get a train service started. And while we're also working on ongoing grander infrastructure projects, I think that this first service shows that transit doesn't always have to be a big ordeal. It really makes you wonder why nobody in the past was willing to take that seemingly small first step. That's why DA is different, we're willing take those steps, and I'm happy to report that we're now on the staircase to a truly mobile Indiana.

You know before railroads were constructed, rivers were amongst the most important thoroughfares for inland states like Indiana. Rivers may not be as important for transportation these days, but the St. Mary's river behind us does still play an important role in this community. Its a big place for outdoor recreation and serves as a centerpiece of the city, and that's great. We have to make sure that these green spaces are maintained and that the environment around us is clean. In Democratic Alliance we've always prioritized the environment by building green infrastructure and subsidizing green energy. Governor Donnelly is now preparing a bill to improve water pollution is rivers as well so that everyone can enjoy recreational spaces like the ones on the St. Mary's. And we're now partnering with new allies who have been just as dedicated to the environment. Another term for Governor Donnelly is another term of progressive, green policy, and a vote your local DA candidate is a vote for local leadership that will put your community first. So let's keep it going!
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2021, 01:45:08 AM »

Speech: Guaynabo, PR

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/438749188669321638/, Guaynabo Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico. Area Metropolitana.
Belleza De Sapper 17

Mostly Media Audience. Small socially distanced, masked Public Audience Present.

Good Evening, Puerto Rico.

In times past, I was a resident of this territory, and represented you in the Southern Chamber. There, I sought to develop solutions. Not to bow to party politics, but to work across the aisle for the good of the territory and the region.

The Democratic Alliance is similar. We're not a political machine, just using people for votes. We seek to not only act inclusively and collaboratively within our party, but also to work with all sides - even Labor - where it makes sense to do so.

I ask you to truly look at the record of your incumbent governor. Have they worked across the aisle for the benefit of people? Or have they simply been a rubber stamp for the federalist platform?

I hope you can perhaps see the wisdom in taking a new direction, or at least, if you still vote for the governor, to vote for us for legislature to provide a check. This month, let's vote for leadership that will put country over party and do what's right for the people, not just whatever any party chair may prefer.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2021, 10:19:21 AM »

Rally
@Carolina Wren Park, Anderson, South Carolina

Anderson-South-Carolina-e1277145929610-1024x793
Skywalker195, CC BY-SA 3.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0>, via Wikimedia Commons
Social distancing guidelines enforced, with an attendance of approx. 100.

Good Morning Anderson!

I'm glad to be here in the upstate campaigning for another term for Governor Cunningham and the DA-AFP majority. Since my last time speaking here, we've seen some amazing things come out of this government. Tax breaks for first time homeowners and new small businesses. Better schools. Upgrades to public parks, including making them accessible. And, of course, beginning to implement the ambitious light rail program Ninja and I introduced back in August.

This is just the beginning. Let's make this new era of progress in South Carolina continue! Let's get out there and re-elect the trifecta!

Now I'll hand off the mic to my good friend, the State Senate Leader Cameron Tillrson!

Meet the Candidates
@ Black Sheep Cafe, Piedmont, South Carolina

Piedmont Mill Stores
Upstateherd, CC BY-SA 4.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

Masks required.

WB and local DA candidates, as well as Governor Cunningham, met with locals at the Cafe. They discussed local policy, as well as sharing personal stories.

Rally
@Falls Park, Greenville, South Carolina

Fallsparkonthereedy
Marc Averette a.k.a. Averette of English Wikipedia, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons

Social distancing guidelines enforced, with an attendance of approx. 200.

Good afternoon Greenville!

So happy to be here keeping up the good fight for you.

I'm also happy to introduce our logo for the statewide campaign:

It's the DA logo, including the colors of the AFP on one hand, signifying the partnership between the parties to help out SC. It's a good representation of what we've been doing in this state, and it's a great representation of what we'll be doing for another term, if you entrust us to it.

I think the man who could explain what will happen in another AFP-DA term better is none other than your governor, the great James Cunningham! Come on up here, Governor!

Meet the Candidates
@ Saskatoon Lodge, Greenville, South Carolina

Masks required.

WB and Fmr. VP Scott met constituents at the restaurant, along with local candidates from both Labor and the DA-AFP coalition. They discussed local issues and potential points of cooperation in the future between the parties.

(Good sh*t btw just gonna plug them real quick https://saskatoonrestaurant.com/)
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2021, 09:21:42 PM »

Rally
@ the National Mall, Nyman

Social distancing guidelines enforced, with an attendance of approx. 1500.

Good Evening Nyman!

Well, this is the last stop in my nationwide tour that started at the top of the world in Alaska, and what better place to end it than in Atlasia's Capital?

DA has proven ourselves to be the party of reasonable progress. All of the South has seen it, all of those states where DA is in power has seen it. And hopefully, you all see it too when you elect a new DA government.

We've been focused on local issues since day 1. We will help clean up Nyman, both figuratively and literally. We will aid the folks who live on the streets. We will ensure that there are no cuts to crucial city programs. We will improve the Metro.

With that, I hand it over to your next City Councilor, Bill Harrington!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies