Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread 2021
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:59:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread 2021
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread 2021  (Read 5805 times)
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 25, 2020, 01:12:44 AM »
« edited: March 05, 2021, 11:32:37 PM by Chair WB »

In bold are states where we are defending. NY represents the NYC mayoral election.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 05:25:23 PM »

SPEECH
@ KS State Capitol, Topeka KS, with Gov. James Benson

Good morning Topeka.

I'm sure you all know about the horrifying news that we got just a few days ago, about the attempted plot to kidnap the governor. I think that we can all agree, whether pro-Fremont or pro-South, Laborite, Pacifist, DAer, Federalist or Liberal, that the violence, and the circumstances that led up to it, needs to end.

That begins with how we campaign. Words have an impact. Branding your opponents with hateful terms, fascist, imperialist, and plenty of others, only spreads hate. I am guilty of it. I realize that what I said may have made the situation worse.

But the only way to ensure this does not go out of control is to create a gentler era for Atlasia. That's why today, I am announcing DA's "Campaign of Understanding", and asking other parties to join in it. We may debate each other with our ideas, but we need to stop the name-calling, the demonizing, and the craziness of the campaigns.

I pledge right here that the DA will not participate in that insanity. No more "Liebor", no more "Fascist Feds", and if Labor joins us in this campaign, no more "Dishonest Alliance". There has been quite a high level of misunderstanding these past few months, from both sides. We should not, and we will not, let it continue to spiral out of control.

We will not let there be another Bleeding Kansas. We will not let Atlasia bleed for political gain. Let's heal our nation's wounds before our words eviscerate it.

Thank you.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 06:19:32 PM »

Friendly reminder that campaigning does not start tomorrow, I still want to continue the feedback process for a couple of days and make a few announcements.

I don't mind the event being re-posted later of course, but the January cycle has not started yet. I still need to finalize decisions on what the alterations to the system will be and, of course, end the feedback process.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 06:36:14 PM »

Friendly reminder that campaigning does not start tomorrow, I still want to continue the feedback process for a couple of days and make a few announcements.

I don't mind the event being re-posted later of course, but the January cycle has not started yet. I still need to finalize decisions on what the alterations to the system will be and, of course, end the feedback process.
I believe this is more of a tone-setting thing and a request for the parties follow suit, more than a traditional campaign speech.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2021, 08:50:27 PM »

I believe this is more of a tone-setting thing and a request for the parties follow suit, more than a traditional campaign speech.
Yes, thus why I held it in KS. I do not intend for it to be a campaign thing.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2021, 02:06:35 AM »

Bump
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2021, 07:20:31 PM »

OPENING RALLY
@ Big Spring Park, Huntsville, AL

Skyline of Huntsville
Bren.persing, CC BY-SA 4.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

Social Distancing and masks were enforced with maximum attendance of 750.

Good evening Huntsville!

I’m so happy to be here kicking off my tour of the great state of Alabama, and to kick off the entire DA campaign this month.

Now, we’ve seen a lot of negativity in recent months. Some of which I’ve participated in. And I realize now that being part of the problem was, well, a bad thing. But that’s why I’m moving past it and focusing on a positive message, and a positive vision, for Alabama.

Of course, Huntsville is one of the greatest scientific hubs in the South, and all of Atlasia. Especially when rockets are involved. DA has been a strong supporter of bringing back the space race, revitalizing the biggest thing Huntsville is known for. Of course, that’s something we’ll fight for nationally. However, on a state level, we need to focus on education to ensure that the next generation is a generation of innovators, of ideas, inventions, and progress. Sadly we can’t do that unless we break the current gaps in education quality in this state. Poor areas in rural, and even some suburban and urban places, don’t have a strong enough tax base to keep up, and they have poor education quality as a result. Imagine how many prodigies have fallen by the wayside simply because their schools were not able to actually foster their intelligence. Imagine how far we could go if we could ensure that not a single person falls through the cracks again. We need to rectify this, and that’s what a DA government would do. Modern textbooks, modern equipment, the works, all of it needs to be provided to our poor schools to make sure EVERYONE has a fair shot at getting a good education.

For fair and equitable education, vote DA.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2021, 08:12:20 PM »

MEET THE CANDIDATES
@ Felix's Fish Camp, Spanish Fort AL

WB and local candidates met locals at Felix's, talking about local issues and how the DA plans to continue the fight against climate change.

A reporter caught WB heading out of the establishment, and asked his opinion on Truman's speech earlier that day.

I'm glad he seems to have come to reason, and that we can all campaign on positive messages. It gives me some hope for the future.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2021, 01:19:12 AM »
« Edited: February 14, 2021, 03:16:28 AM by Ninja0428 »

Lincoln Kickoff in The Bronx

Took Place at the Parade Ground of Van Cortland Park
Masks and Social Distancing Required

Hello people of The Bronx! I'm so excited to finally be back out on the trail here to kick off DA's Lincoln campaign this month. You may find my choice of location surprising for a kickoff event, you'd probably envision something fancier in Madison Square Garden or Yankee Stadium or something like that. Instead I've come deep into the outer boroughs freezing outside in a public park in the winter. And it is completely worth it, because I get to talk to real working residents like you. You're the people that make the backbone of Democratic Alliance. It isn't powerful people in Manhattan penthouses, its you! And that's what this campaign is going to be all about: bringing things down to Earth from the recent political mayhem, connecting with people, and talking local policy.

You know I really have to give props to all of the Bronx residents who came out here because getting around is a bit of a pain. You have all those parallel subway lines going down to Manhattan but not much going across the Bronx itself. Yeah there's buses, but that isn't helping much. I'm not anti-bus, but having talked to people around here I can tell that you guys aren't fans of MTA's bus services. And sure you can drive, but for a lot of people in the Bronx that just isn't financially realistic. Not to mention that the highways built here for those cars like Interstates 95 and 87 are crowded, polluting, and split communities in half with no regard. That clearly isn't the solution. This is why DA supports the proposals  to re-establish New York's light rail network in the underserved areas of the outer boroughs, such as the Triboro RX. Light Rail is perfect for those areas that need higher capacity and better service than buses, but where it isn't financially feasible to build subways. Its a shame that New York abandoned its once extensive tram network. Beyond even that, we also need to expand the faster select bus services wherever we can. With DA leadership, we can have efficient, cheap, and clean transportation available everywhere in the city.

Another unfortunate financial struggle for so many New York residents is housing. Too many families here are left wondering every month if they'll be able to pay rent or not. This is why DA has long supported building more public housing. I know that public housing gets a bad rap in this city, but the truth is that there's no easier way to deal with homelessness than to do public housing and to do it right. Of course, the thought that immediately comes to mind in New York is where the heck we're going to put it. After all, almost every bit of land here is used up. That's why DA is officially unveiling our plan to finally close the prison on Riker's Island and convert it to a public housing island, complete with public transportation connections, green space, and shops that are all locally owned. On top of that, we're going to make sure that existing public housing is safe, up to quality standards, and easily accessible. And finally, we're going to actively reach out to those who need homes through our social workers. This will be a top priority for us, because everyone deserves a home.

I'd like to close off my speech here by noting an unfortunate fact that the regional Labor Party has already chosen to go negative as illustrated by their first ad run. I'm not going to spend this whole campaign going on about Labor, I'm honestly sick of it. But I do have to say that it seems like the old 2 parties aren't changing much, and if they won't change then how can you expect them to bring change? They can continue to shout buzzwords and sling mud if they want to, but we're going to be out here with the decent working people of Atlasia showing you how we'll bring real local progress to your area, whether it be New York City or your plot of farmland. Because that's the DA way.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2021, 04:09:07 AM »
« Edited: February 15, 2021, 06:25:01 PM by Democracy Now, Democracy Tomorrow, Democracy Forever! »

SPEECH
@ Railroad Park, Birmingham AL

Railroad park bham
Dunncon13, CC0, via Wikimedia Commons

Social distancing and masks enforced, with maximum attendance of 1,000

Good morning Birmingham!

Birmingham is such a great city, over a million people live in the metro. But there's a serious issue we need to look at with Birmingham and the surrounding areas. There's well over 20 independent suburbs in just the Birmingham-Hoover area, and several more outside of it within the metro area. Now, that seems all well and good, and normally it would be. But corporations see it as a perfect way to pit y'all against one another. Suburbs fight by offering bigger and bigger tax incentives to a company considering moving into the area, eventually making it so that the company doesn't bring any growth to the economy. We can't let it stand. With a DA local and state government, we're going to clamp down on abhorrent divide-and-conquer strategies like this and consolidate localities to make them function better.

For local government that'll fight for you, vote DA.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2021, 12:47:05 AM »

IMPROMPTU SPEECH
In Mobile, AL
Weatherboy gave a short speech that was uploaded on social media. Plans to hold rallies and speeches in Mobile have been postponed due to inclement weather.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2021, 12:53:48 AM »

MEET THE CANDIDATES
@ Heroes Sports Bar and Grill, Mobile AL

WB while at the restaurant. Distancing was maintained.

WB and local candidates met constituents at a local sports bar in west Mobile, discussing issues such as public housing, better education, and local government power.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2021, 10:31:09 PM »

Speech in Nashua, NH
Took Place at North Common
Streamed Online

Greetings Nashua! I've just arrived in New Hampshire, and when I say that I really mean that I just barely arrived. Nashua is right on the border with Massachusetts after all, and that gives it a special cross-state relationship. Nashua is linked to Boston in many ways, and a growing number of people have been moving out here while commuting to their jobs in Boston. Now I'm sure there are plenty of good reasons why people choose to move out to this lovely city, but I think a lot of you here would agree that the long commute isn't one of them! Route 3 tends to get clogged with traffic and an already long drive can become immensely frustrating and stressful. Currently there isn't much other option, but that doesn't have to be the case! Across the state line the MBTA has been proposing an extension of its rail service from Lowell to Nashua. That's only a bit more than 10 miles, and would allow you to relax on a traffic free commute. Not only that, but its been shown time and time again that trains bring economic investment wherever they go. So why hasn't it been done yet?

I've had conversations with some people around here and I've noticed a trend that a lot of you haven't been happy with New Hampshire's incumbent government, and I suppose that this must be part of the list of local frustrations. By voting Democratic Alliance this month, you can vote for a government that will make progress at the state and local levels right now. Working with the MBTA and government of Massachusetts to establish the rail link will be one of our priorities in office, and it will be one of many ways that we get work done for you. There's no need to choose between the progressiveness espoused by Laborites and the localist style of Federalists this election. Instead you can vote for the party of real local progress, and that party is Democratic Alliance.

Town Hall Event in Plaistow, NH
Took Place Outside of Plaistow Town Hall
Streamed Online
Hello, I'm pleased to meet you all here this evening in Plaistow. This may be a little town, but it isn't flyover country in my eyes! In fact, I find your little town to be particularly fascinating as I've learned that this is a little town with a vision. A vision to become a model town for sustainable development and equitable transportation in a small community. I spoke with your mayor while coming out here today and I have to say that we're definitely on the same page. Ever since our founding we've been fighting for sustainable development as one of our bread and butter issues, and that applies to everywhere, not just big cities! There may be naysayers that such a thing is possible is Plaistow, but Democratic Alliance believes in the ability for small places to accomplish big things. And we want to make sure that there is a government in Concord that will lend whatever help it can in making that happen. So in order to best do that, I'm joined today by our candidates to represent Plaistow in the state house in senate, and we'll be taking questions and comments from you now. By the end of this, we want to fully understand your community, and take that knowledge to the government, so ask away!
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2021, 10:35:35 PM »

To clarify, what I said about Plaistow is accurate, as long as the GM does not disagree.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2021, 05:02:41 PM »

SHORT SPEECH
@ Corner of Old Shell Rd and N University Blvd, Mobile, AL

A small crowd and media presence was allowed.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2021, 09:50:20 PM »

RALLY/TOWN HALL
@ Corner of McMullen Dr and Cleveland Cir, McMullen, AL

Due to the size of the venue, only 25 people could attend, but approximately 80+% of the town's residents attended along with a small media presence, all social distancing.

Hey there, folks of McMullen!

Now, I bet y'all are wondering why someone like me would be here. Well, put simply, it's because I know no one in politics would. You're a small, diverse little town here, the smallest one in Alabama.

I know how you all have been stuck suffering after the deadly tornado that hit this place in 2016. I know that most folks in the political class would just tell you to move. I say that we make McMullen, and places like it, alive again. We need to do small, but impactful things. Road repair. Incentives for small business to open up in low-population areas. Anything that we can do can help. And so that's why I'm not just asking for your vote, but as folks in an underserved, forgotten, small community, what we should be doing to help you out.

So, let's begin.

A 30-minute-long town hall on helping small communities was then held with the residents of McMullen.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2021, 08:38:37 PM »

BARNSTORMING
In and around Phoenix, AZ

Quote from: WB at Rally @ Red Mountain District Park in Mesa, 300 attendees
Good morning Mesa!

You know, the Phoenix metro area is, well, damn big. It's 25 miles from here to the city center, and another 25 to get to Buckeye on the other end of it.

So why in the hell is Phoenix stuck with 1 light rail line that stops as far east as Gilbert, nearly 10 miles away?

It's been proven over, and over, and over again that public transportation doesn't just increase mobility in the normal way. It increases economic mobility. It means more folks can get to and from work, it means people who are disabled can actually live their lives similar to everyone else.

A DA government would focus on that. We would expand the bus fleet, and we'd extend the metro rail to cover more areas in the metro, and not just one line.

Quote from: WB at Rally @ Friendship Park in the Salt River Community, 50 attendees
Good morning to the folks here in the Salt River Community!

Some of you may have heard about my speech in Mesa earlier today. I'm sure a lot of you thought that like a lot of other politicians, those in the DA would ignore you. We are not normal politicians. We know that you all need help, and that's why the DA's expanded public transportation plan would, through cooperation with the tribal government, include the Salt River community. Native Americans are some of the people most impacted by poverty, and an expansion of public transportation here would help out.

Quote from: WB at Rally @ Surprise Community Park in Sunrise, 200 attendees
Good afternoon Surprise!

I'm gonna lead with a question: Do you know how many bus stops are in Surprise?

One. There is a total of one bus stop in a city of 30 thousand. And there's a total of 3 daily stops there. That's insane. What has big party leadership done to expand public transportation to this area? Nothing. Meanwhile, the DA has a plan to expand bus routes and create more bus stops in the Phoenix suburbs. I've already talked about the economic advantages of public transportation elsewhere in the metro today, but something I haven't talked about is the environmental impact. Public transportation is one of our best tools in combatting climate change. 20 people driving cars 20 miles to Phoenix burns a lot of gas. 20 people in a bus going to Phoenix burns a hell of a lot less. We need a new path for public transportation, we need DA.

Quote from: WB at rally @ Margaret T. Hance Park, 1000 attendees
Good evening Phoenix!!

I'm so glad to be here today because this election is gonna change how Arizona is for quite some time. I'm confident you want better transportation. I'm confident that you all are tired of the duopoly. I'm confident that you want change in this state. I'm confident you want government that works for YOU! I'm confident you all are gonna elect MR KAYNE ARPIAO AS YOUR NEXT GOVERNOR!! Let’s give him a warm welcome!!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2021, 09:28:32 PM »

Statement

In Apache Junction, AZ

Well, it looks like Labor wishes to drag us down into the gutter once again. I can't help but ask why the First Minister continues to push in this dangerous direction. I do not want to see another horrific situation like what happened in Kansas. I wouldn't wish that on anyone from any political persuasion. Sadly I think a lot of that was fueled by both sides becoming so aggressive towards one another.

I applaud Fremont's efforts on public transportation. But I was specifically talking about what the state government can do. State governments know the specifics better than the regional ones. I trust that you folks here in Arizona realize that. As far as I know, Arizona's state government has not done much on that front. Should I be proven wrong, I will apologize, because then I will have been dishonest. I do not want to spread misinformation, so if I do by accident, I will walk it back and try to set the record straight, even if that hurts politically.

I will not go on the attack because that will bring us back to the problems I've already discussed. The FM can campaign in Phoenix about Fremont's efforts on public transportation, and you know what? He's perfectly within his right to do that. If he had just said "we actually have been doing things, here's an example," that would be perfectly fine! But do not drag this into the gutter by insinuating that we're crooks and thieves. Don't go around calling all your political opponents names.

I know you, Truman. We worked together so much just a few years ago. I know you're better than this.

I will not stoop to that level, and not being a partisan hack, I hope to drag everyone back up into the reasonable plane of civility. That is the best way to go about this. Let's make this about policy. Not name-calling.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2021, 09:59:35 PM »

Tuscon, AZ Speech
Took Place at Himmel Park
Streamed Online

Good evening Tuscon! This state may be a long way from where I normally am but its just as important to me. Its also across the country from where my friend Weatherboy lives, so it surprises me that DA were the first to campaign in this state this entire month! He was then coincidentally followed by the First Minister who ignored this state for the entire campaign period until he felt threatened, and then came down to give one of his talking head speeches where he basically just calls everyone he doesn't like immature names and then leaves. Now I'm not going to do that nor am I going to dwell on this too long because Democratic Alliance along with several other leaders from various parties have made a commitment to make politics more civil again and less toxic as it was just recently ago. It seems though that the main leader of Fremont's Labor branch has not been able to move on from that for the greater good of Atlasia, and that is worth mentioning.

One of the states where the First Minister has spent a lot of time is Colorado, and there's a pretty important difference between Arizona and Colorado. Well actually there's a lot of them, but a big one is that Arizona can't be fully governed from Denver. The first minister hit on my friend earlier with transportation citing things that have been done in Denver, but the truth is that Denver can only do so much on that front because transportation is an inherently local issue that needs to be addressed by leaders who understand their area's needs. Not to mention that Denver is already taxing to the limit of what is possible and that will never change if they try to do everything themselves. This is why DA has always believed in progressive policies at the local level, we can combine Labor's willingness to use government for change with the Federalist devotion to localism so that you don't have to choose, and together they bring the best outcomes for the state government. We do need to make sure that leaders in Arizona take transportation seriously, because Denver can throw all the money they want at it but nothing will happen if Phoenix doesn't use it! We need to make sure that infrastructure out here in the suburbs is up to par with what you'd expect in urban cores. Just because your community has lower density doesn't mean it can't have world class infrastructure. We need to use all that available space you have in Arizona to finally give the homeless a home, it obviously wouldn't be hard to give them somewhere to go if we just built a place. And we need to accelerate the push to eliminate fossil fuels completely from Arizona's electricity and especially utilize this state's great solar producing potential. Clean energy policy needs to reflect what forms of generation are most feasible for local areas, so state leadership, and not just regional or national leadership, will be necessary. These are the things you'll get with DA in charge here in Arizona, so lets get out and vote for the party of local progress!
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2021, 11:04:29 PM »

Laconia, NH Speech
Took Place in Opechee Park
Streamed Online

Greetings Laconia! I always enjoy coming out to small cities like you, there's always so much character in them that so many politicians just fly over. Just as one example, the New Hampshire pumpkin festival is held here every year, not in the capital corridor! That's just the kind of thing that is uniquely Laconia. The majority of New Hampshire is made up of smaller communities like yours and together you make up a beautiful state. But for as lively as small cities can be, they can also be vulnerable to unfortunate deaths if we aren't careful. I've seen it before, a major employer in a local community leaves or a bad natural disaster strikes and it seems like the town might never get back to its former glory. That's why we need to protect small cities and make sure that they are sustainable. One of the important aspects of this is education, we need to make sure that students everywhere get education of the utmost quality. Too many small schools don't get the funding they need for the programs larger schools have, like in stem fields and the arts. That has to stop. The New Hampshire DA will ensure that every school can afford the opportunities equipment that students needs for success, and if a school is really just too small to have a certain class that city schools have, then those opportunities should be available online. Of course that requires that we make sure that every community has broadband, which we will do, and is also a key component in making small communities attractive places to live for the educated citizens who may leave otherwise.

We also have to put a big focus on local economies. Small cities like Laconia are run from Main Street, not Wall Street, and its best that we keep it that way. DA will support a vibrant Main Street in Laconia by incentivizing starting businesses in small cities, as well as encouraging them to contribute to the community and making the town walkable which only improves traffic to businesses. We'll also push for lower taxes on small businesses so that they can thrive while paying everyone a living wage. On top of Main Street businesses, Laconia also has an impressive local manufacturing sector*. Its great to see so many locally owned businesses producing goods for the nation here, and as it is such a vital piece of the economy we have to make sure that Laconia remains a great place for manufacturing. That comes with infrastructure, we have to make sure that the roads and rails are up to high standards so goods can come in and out, and keeping our often aging utilities up to date so that businesses can rely on them to operate. And we can further support these industries with the establishment of local vocational education. For students whose best option isn't college, they should be able to easily access trade schooling from which they can get decent jobs with no shame. Doing so benefits both the students by allowing them to exercise the fullest potential of their skills which may not be in college fields, and it provides the skilled workers the local economy needs. NH's Democratic Alliance has a clear package to help all of the many small cities and towns that dot the state. If you want a state government that will support your community, then vote DA this weekend!
*https://www.nhes.nh.gov/elmi/products/cp/profiles-htm/laconia.htm
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2021, 11:24:07 PM »

The following will run as an internet and newspaper ad throughout the nation:

RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2021, 01:32:39 PM »

Democratic Alliance Rally - Providence, RI

Image via Wikimedia Creative Commons

Providence, it's good to see you! We've got some work to do. I'd like to thank Governor Harper for joining me today, she's been working hard to help this state beat COVID, the steps she's taken as Governor should be a model for how all governors should proceed in fighting this silent killer.

Since being elected Governor, the state's economy has flourished. This government has brought back jobs to a state seen as an afterthought by some politicians and corporations. The opportunity for a good education has become more accessible than ever, with new programs to help lower-income families, and some of the top schools helping students through to achieve their goals.

Election Day is coming up fast, the strides Governor Harper has made with the state are incredible, and I am proud to stand with her and the great state of Rhode Island. You have a leader you can trust in, be sure to get out and vote!
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2021, 12:46:15 AM »

Democratic Alliance Rally - Manchester, NH

Image via Wikimedia Creative Commons

Hello Manchester! I'd like to thank you for the warm welcome you gave me this evening. As you may know, I just finished campaigning in Rhode Island with their wonderful Governor. I decided to drop by to speak with you all today because, after speaking with local leaders, I only come away with the thought that your Governor has failed you.

New Hampshire's citizens are strong, and you've held out for sensible leadership that can reflect its citizens. I've talked to small business owners in Concord, I've talked to the students and families of Portsmouth, and I've talked to even some of you in the crowd today Manchester. I've heard the exact same thing from every single person I've talked to. Governor Kelly, you were voted in to change New Hampshire, and you've provided more of the same lackadaisical leadership of the past.

During my time as Governor of this great region, we worked together to pass sweeping reforms to change the region for the better. We swept the inactive and uncooperative Labor leadership out in favor of a bipartisan assembly who improved education, healthcare, job creation, and brought many more advantages to this region.

So, what has Governor Kelly done? Rates of students seeking higher education have went down since she took office, manufacturing jobs have left the state, and healthcare coverage was capsized from legislation that this Governor has passed. Governor Kelly is just another cog in the Labor machine, and it's time we do for New Hampshire as we did for Lincoln.

The Democratic Alliance is here for the people of New Hampshire. We know how to pass reforms and help the people because our history is built by and for the people. Elections are in just a few days, Manchester. I hope to see you at the voting booths to elect new leadership, not for greedy politicians, but for the people!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2021, 08:21:02 PM »

The following ad will be aired nationwide until the end of the campaigning period.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2021, 10:37:48 PM »

CAMPAIGN CLOSER
@ Mobile Civic Center

Well, I'm havin' deja vu! We're back here 7 months after that day when I first addressed you all here in Mobile, and I'm here again because we need to see this final push to bring new leadership to Alabama!

I can spot a couple folks in the crowd who I've seen at other events, and I know some of y'all have been working hard to get folks out to vote.

So I'm here asking y'all to get out there and vote, get your friends to vote, get your family to vote, let's see this state become blue, and bring new change!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies