PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 02:35:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 240 241 242 [243] 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 290732 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6050 on: February 04, 2023, 05:01:22 PM »
« edited: February 04, 2023, 05:08:17 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Both are D seats Casey will easily get reelected and we have Gov Shapiro we have a lot of D's on the bench

We all have a high risk if Death but this was unexpected we are near Fetterman age and it's unusual to have that sort of stroke that paralyzed you like that, it happens to much older people

He has a stroke that my Grandma had she was in her sixties but alot of people are having them in nursing homes at 81 it was unusual for my mom to pass at 66 and pa at 73 it seems like they gave up eating they were blinded

In 24 I suspect that ttere will be a sympathy vote for Casey it's a 290 map anyways I have Us losing GA, and NEB 2 due and getting ME 2 due to King, it's a Neutral Environment but Brown and Tester can sneak back in and tie the S
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6051 on: February 04, 2023, 05:12:57 PM »

Not that unreasonable to believe Fetterman won’t make it past one term given (a) some of his health issues, (b) the likelihood of 2028 either marking the election of a new Republican president after eight years of Biden/Harris or the reelection of a Republican president (PA will be a must-win for the GOP by then), (c) the unusually favorable circumstances from which he benefited in 2022 and which won’t be replicated in 2028 (cartoonishly catastrophic/psychopathic opponent, strongest D midterm overperformance in nearly 100 years, localized nature of the race in a non-presidential year, GOP implosion in the gubernatorial race, Roe v. Wade decision, etc.). I can’t think of another post-2012 Senate/high-profile statewide race where the D candidate got as many breaks as Fetterman in 2022.

Obviously there’s no point in predicting anything this far out, but I would expect him and Cortez Masto to struggle quite a bit even in a neutral environment.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #6052 on: February 04, 2023, 05:17:00 PM »

Not that unreasonable to believe Fetterman won’t make it past one term given (a) some of his health issues, (b) the likelihood of 2028 either marking the election of a new Republican president after eight years of Biden/Harris or the reelection of a Republican president (PA will be a must-win for the GOP by then), (c) the unusually favorable circumstances from which he benefited in 2022 and which won’t be replicated in 2028 (cartoonishly catastrophic/psychopathic opponent, strongest D midterm overperformance in nearly 100 years, localized nature of the race in a non-presidential year, GOP implosion in the gubernatorial race, Roe v. Wade decision, etc.). I can’t think of another post-2012 Senate/high-profile statewide race where the D candidate got as many breaks as Fetterman in 2022.

Obviously there’s no point in predicting anything this far out, but I would expect him and Cortez Masto to struggle quite a bit even in a neutral environment.

Or maybe - just maybe - Fetterman was actually a great candidate and in 2028, he'll be fine because of additional incumbency. This kind of just reads like fanfic a little!

Also not sure why it's also being treated as if the same conditions in terms of the GOP shooting itself in the foot are so unlikely, given they've done a lot of that lately in PA specifically.

Also - not sure what "health issues" would prevent him from running. People recover from strokes all the time - as he's doing seemingly completely fine - and go on with their lives.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #6053 on: February 04, 2023, 05:17:24 PM »

On that note, McCormick is just making it even easier for his opponents already:

John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #6054 on: February 04, 2023, 08:02:51 PM »

Even postmortem, Fetterman will be a better senator than 90% of Republicans.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #6055 on: February 04, 2023, 08:32:56 PM »
« Edited: February 04, 2023, 08:43:07 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

As I said before Malcolm Keynatta will be available should he need be we have Gov Shapiro and there will be a sympathy vote for Casey on 24
We all gonna die but he had a dibilitating stroke at his young age, most people at age 50 have seizure not stroke which is common for Epilepsy

Seizures arent Paralysis but Strokes are that's why mostly elderly have them and often in their sleep, like FDR died in his sleep from Stroke

It's a Gov appointment seat until the next Eday if Fetterman can't go but hopefully he has a long life

We shouldn't be ashamed at looking at our bench just in case

Gabby Giffords not Mark Kelly was supposed to run for AZ Senate but Kelly ran due to Giffords Paralysis as well and got the sympathy vote and so did Sinema and Gallego this happened in AZ the same way
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #6056 on: February 04, 2023, 08:48:00 PM »

If Fetterman's health is really that bad and he knows he has a very high chance of death at some point, would he just voluntarily retire, and can Shapiro pretty much appoint anyone he wants without consent of the legislature?

Again, I don't like speculating on people's health we really just don't know as it's a very personal subject. Someone can appear fine on the outside but be very sick and at high risk of death and vise-versa where they seem loopy but are at low risk of death anytime soon.
In Pennsylvania the Governor appoints the replacement for the remainder of the term.

That's why I regarded the Governor's race as more important once the senate primary showed that Fetterman was going to win.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #6057 on: February 04, 2023, 08:54:02 PM »
« Edited: February 04, 2023, 08:57:51 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

That's why Mark Kelly ran instead of Gabby Giffords, Giffords was the politician not Kelly because they were afraid an R Gov in AZ would fill the replacement it happened the same way in AZ, and I hope its Keyanata not Lamb due to we should of won WI with Barnes, I don't know why Natl black D's didn't get behind Malcolm like they did Barnes, Malcolm always had a better chance to win the GE than Barnes because it's PA, Barnes was overrated any of the other Ds could have beaten Johnson, I do think it was because Malcolm was gay and Barnes isn't that's why Obama campaign for Barnes
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6058 on: February 05, 2023, 09:53:15 AM »

If Fetterman's health is really that bad and he knows he has a very high chance of death at some point, would he just voluntarily retire, and can Shapiro pretty much appoint anyone he wants without consent of the legislature?

Again, I don't like speculating on people's health we really just don't know as it's a very personal subject. Someone can appear fine on the outside but be very sick and at high risk of death and vise-versa where they seem loopy but are at low risk of death anytime soon.

We all have a very high chance of death at some point.

One might even say it’s inevitable.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #6059 on: February 05, 2023, 10:05:56 AM »
« Edited: February 05, 2023, 10:12:09 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

We all have a very high chance of death at some point.

One might even say it’s inevitable.

Not anymore there is a difference between seizures and strokes it's unusual for 50 yr old men but to have diabetic seizures, but elderly have strokes particularly in their sleep, I took care of my parents and I know what a difference between a diabetic seizures and stroke and most Heart attacks aren't deadly, but strokes are deadly

Why do you think Carter hasn't died or Bill Clinton and they are all 75 or older or Bush W they haven't had a stroke but Bill Clinton had a heart attack caused by heart murmur

You can die from seizures too but you aren't permanently paralyzed but usually stroke

If you die from drug overdose it's usually a stroke, but I take alot of meds and took alcohol and I never had a stroke

Fetterman isn't gonna die he may have another seizures but not a major stroke is highly unlikely, so he will continue to serve
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #6060 on: February 05, 2023, 10:25:34 AM »

Any particular reason we’re rehashing Fetterman’s stroke months after the election? Did something else happen or is this just nostalgia?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #6061 on: February 05, 2023, 10:27:16 AM »
« Edited: February 05, 2023, 10:33:21 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

He is having difficulty serving with captions that's why he hasn't spoken on the floor but Bernie and Warren are looking out for him, that's why we are referring to Fetterman we should move on

He isn't leaving the Senate he said he will serve out his term and his wife is helping him anyways now after his term is finished 2028 then we can have a discussion on a D Primary, this is PA a solid D state D's are forgoing TX and FL and putting everything in defending PA and WI that's why users Cruz is gonna lose lol no, he is safe what did that Emerson poll say TX Trump plus 7 and QU had Abbott plus 15 over Beto

DNC was all in PA yesterday in moving their calendar that's why Shapiro was the keynote addressee

As for the S it's a different story I can see Brown losing and Tester and Manchin holding on Manchin isn't DOA you see that KY Gov poll they are WC D's Brown may lose to Dolen because of how popular DeWine is whom pulled Vance over
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #6062 on: February 05, 2023, 10:32:08 AM »

Any particular reason we’re rehashing Fetterman’s stroke months after the election? Did something else happen or is this just nostalgia?

No reason except that conservatives / conservative media are still obsessed with it and how he's still a "walking corpse." They still can't get over the fact that they lost and he was actually a strong candidate.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #6063 on: February 06, 2023, 12:16:42 PM »

Voter file data is starting to come in for PA. Looks like it was a D+2 electorate.

Given D's registration advantage though, that still comes out to 71% GOP turnout and 65% Dem turnout. And GOP still flatlined horrifically despite a 6% turnout lead.

kwabbit

« Reply #6064 on: February 06, 2023, 01:06:10 PM »

Voter file data is starting to come in for PA. Looks like it was a D+2 electorate.

Given D's registration advantage though, that still comes out to 71% GOP turnout and 65% Dem turnout. And GOP still flatlined horrifically despite a 6% turnout lead.

Probably a Trump voting electorate then. Dem persuasion was very impressive. They honestly might’ve matched 2018 in terms of persuasion, pretty incredible.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6065 on: February 07, 2023, 04:50:30 PM »

Because he is not healthy.

He should not be on the Democratic ticket in 2024 or 2028 or 2032.

It's sad.

Fetterman's stroke shows that working class people have hard lives and universal health care should be a reality.

Also, working class people should eat better and exercise.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #6066 on: February 08, 2023, 03:59:43 PM »

It's sad.

Fetterman's stroke shows that working class people have hard lives and universal health care should be a reality.

This is also a social justice issue. How do you go to a gym on a $15/hr salary? What kind of food can you afford? What kind of food is accessible to wherever you can afford rent?

It's weird that ppl obsess over his health tho when multiple outlets have been insinuating that Dianne Feinstein has alzheimers since 2017. We just let California get represented for a whole term by a woman who doesn't always know who she is speaking to or what's going on. Prolly nobody cares cuz she's not a threat to our precious capitalism
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #6067 on: February 08, 2023, 04:04:59 PM »

It's sad.

This is also a social justice issue. How do you go to a gym on a $15/hr salary? What kind of food can you afford? What kind of food is accessible to wherever you can afford rent?

It's weird that ppl obsess over his health tho when multiple outlets have been insinuating that Dianne Feinstein has alzheimers since 2017. We just let California get represented for a whole term by a woman who doesn't always know who she is speaking to or what's going on. Prolly nobody cares cuz she's not a threat to our precious capitalism

You misunderstood, poor people should just magically be healthier, to hell with food stamps or a livable wage! All social ills can be solved by blunt force will alone, and anyone who says otherwise is a dirty commie
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #6068 on: February 08, 2023, 04:50:57 PM »

It's sad.

You misunderstood, poor people should just magically be healthier, to hell with food stamps or a livable wage! All social ills can be solved by blunt force will alone, and anyone who says otherwise is a dirty commie

In reference to the bolded part, he's not entirely wrong. Only because Americans in general need to eat healthier and exercise more.

That said, these are the same kinds of people whose solutions to these issues are to reduce food stamp coverage and force the working poor to take nutrition classes, as if they have time for that while working full-time.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6069 on: February 08, 2023, 09:22:27 PM »

The cope is eternal, comrade.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #6070 on: February 09, 2023, 01:01:10 AM »

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6071 on: February 09, 2023, 03:13:41 AM »

Come on, don't act like 2022 was a great environment for Democrats. Sure it was an embarassing underperformance for Republicans but high inflation and the midterm dynamic still played against Democrats. Democrats who won in 2022 can win again, and in a presidential year could plausibly have a better starting position.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #6072 on: February 09, 2023, 07:52:28 AM »

Sounds like this was done out of an abundance of caution, not because of any real concerns for his health. Either way, best wishes to him.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6073 on: February 09, 2023, 08:02:31 AM »

Sounds like this was done out of an abundance of caution, not because of any real concerns for his health. Either way, best wishes to him.

I can confirm. Just recently had to take care of a family member in a similar situation. They wound up being fine but the hospital held them for the weekend out of precaution.

tl;dr he'll be ok
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6074 on: February 10, 2023, 06:13:51 PM »

Fetterman discharged after a day and a half.
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 240 241 242 [243] 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies