PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:49:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 283846 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6025 on: January 09, 2023, 12:22:44 PM »

"Fetterman wants to legalize all drugs and release 1/3 of all prisoners" sounds way too ridiculous to be believable, is anyone but hardcore Republicans going to buy it?

No, Oz's unfamiliarity with politics shows when he goes on the attack and says things like this.

This was salient too. Oz's whole "Fetterman will release 1/3 of all prisoners" (and insinuating they're all violent as well) was also just so embarrassingly ridiculous. No sane person believed that.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #6026 on: January 30, 2023, 09:51:51 AM »

Happy Mehmet Monday!

Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #6027 on: January 30, 2023, 12:25:03 PM »

Lol remember how some conservatives wet saying he was a puppet candidate for his wife
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #6028 on: January 31, 2023, 01:08:03 AM »

Lol remember how some conservatives wet saying he was a puppet candidate for his wife

We can never let conservatives forget how cruel, nasty, and mean-spirited they were during that week after the debate.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #6029 on: January 31, 2023, 01:17:18 AM »
« Edited: January 31, 2023, 01:22:30 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

We can never let conservatives forget how cruel, nasty, and mean-spirited they were during that week after the debate.

LoL the RS are against raising Corporate taxes at 21 percent and our Employers pays our SSA taxes the RS might keep the H but as far as S and Prez is concerned they won't win it

Biden is at 45/50 Approvals not 50/45 that's similar to the 22 numbers but the difference is Brown can win and we can win MO instead of MT and WV for a 51/50 S and Collins is DOA in 26 anyways to Jared Golden , so even if RS hold a narrow majority in the H until 26 we can still win the H back this Docugate hurts D's in H you see D's are leaving the H to go to S and if Porter loses she can run for Gov if Feinstein wins

DeWine isn't on the ballot Brown can win and MO can go more D than MT and WV to 50 seats without Sinema and Manchin
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6030 on: January 31, 2023, 01:27:22 AM »

They weren’t just at that, they seemed borderline like a case of shared psychosis. They were acting like Fetterman was this wheelchair bound drooling incoherent hospice resident, when he just used basic aids found in many different political settings. And not just that he was on the brink of death, but democrats knew he was and his whole campaign was some grand conspiracy to have his wife(?!) become a senator. Which, should he have died, isn’t that unusual or horrible. The only reason I could figure they were aghast by it is because she’s a brown immigrant
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #6031 on: February 03, 2023, 09:29:26 AM »

Montco officially had the best turnout in 2022

BenjiG98
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.00, S: -2.26

P P P
« Reply #6032 on: February 03, 2023, 10:27:56 AM »

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6033 on: February 03, 2023, 10:28:50 AM »

Oof, why is Philly so low? Imagine them having 10-15% more turnout. Fetterman could have won by more.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #6034 on: February 03, 2023, 10:33:42 AM »

Oof, why is Philly so low? Imagine them having 10-15% more turnout. Fetterman could have won by more.

A lot has been made about Philly turnout in 2022 but 47% is actually pretty good all things considered. It usually lags behind nearly every other county in the state turnout wise, especially in a Dem midterm year. I believe it was only in the 30's in 2014. In 2018, it was 52.5%.

But yeah, speaks to how strong Fetterman and Shapiro's performances were that they did so well even with Philly turnout lagging compared to other counties.
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #6035 on: February 03, 2023, 02:53:20 PM »

His medical condition means that he is really likely to die before he finishes his first term, I  read that average life expectancy is 2 years (Senators though get better healthcare), so it's all about who will the Governor appoint.

I doubt his replacement will have his working class charisma.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #6036 on: February 03, 2023, 03:58:17 PM »

His medical condition means that he is really likely to die before he finishes his first term, I  read that average life expectancy is 2 years (Senators though get better healthcare), so it's all about who will the Governor appoint.

Yeah, Fetterman won't be dying before his term ends, come on.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6037 on: February 03, 2023, 04:17:55 PM »

Citation needed.
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #6038 on: February 03, 2023, 05:55:56 PM »
« Edited: February 03, 2023, 06:01:46 PM by oldtimer »

Citation needed.
Didn't take me long to find a report:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4558350/

61.5% mortality for men 55-74 within 10 years, however Fetterman is very very obese and he's suffered severly already at just the age of 53, so probably the 50/50 is way less than 8 years, so the 2-3 years for 50/50 I read in the Autumn about Fetterman is probably correct.

The Senate though provides excellent healthcare so his lifespan ought to be extended beyond the expected, 6 years though might be a bridge too far even with Senate Healthcare.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6039 on: February 03, 2023, 06:17:29 PM »

Citation needed.

61.5% mortality for men 55-74 within 10 years, however Fetterman is very very obese and he's suffered severly already at just the age of 53, so probably the 50/50 is way less than 8 years, so the 2-3 years for 50/50 I read in the Autumn about Fetterman is probably correct.

The Senate though provides excellent healthcare so his lifespan ought to be extended beyond the expected, 6 years though might be a bridge too far even with Senate Healthcare.

Where are you getting Fetterman is “obese” to the point of detrimental health. He’s large sure but “obese” rarely has detrimental health and is grossly over used as it’s often based on the very fault BMI metric
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #6040 on: February 03, 2023, 06:32:31 PM »

Citation needed.

Where are you getting Fetterman is “obese” to the point of detrimental health. He’s large sure but “obese” rarely has detrimental health and is grossly over used as it’s often based on the very fault BMI metric
Fetterman weighted 418 pounds, that's about 1/5th of a metric Ton.

For an easy visual comparison:
The fat guy at Jurassic Park weighted only 327 pounds.
The Homer Simpson mumu thing was 315 pounds.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6041 on: February 03, 2023, 06:38:19 PM »

Citation needed.

Obesity is a big reason why our life expectancy keeps dropping. I don't think Fetterman has two years left or whatever, he should be fine, but he's also lost a ton of weight. If he were still the size he was ten years ago he wouldn't have long left, and that's just a fact.. Please quit carrying water for the obesity crisis. It is dangerous.
Mr. Matt
United States

« Reply #6042 on: February 03, 2023, 06:44:45 PM »

Fictional characters (one of whom is a cartoon) are always good for real-life comparisons.
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #6043 on: February 03, 2023, 06:49:37 PM »

Fictional characters (one of whom is a cartoon) are always good for real-life comparisons.
Visual comparisons so that's easily understood even by kids, and the actor was really 327 pounds at that time.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #6044 on: February 03, 2023, 08:51:14 PM »

I stopped reading when that person said Fetterman was over 55 and overweight and 418 pounds when he's clearly younger than that and weighs much less than that now. It's now been quite a while that he's been much lighter than he was.
gerritcole
goatofalltrades

« Reply #6045 on: February 04, 2023, 12:25:59 AM »
« Edited: February 04, 2023, 12:30:13 AM by gerritcole »

Citation needed.

Why is obese in scare quotes? Metabolic syndrome is not rare LMAO, being 400 pounds is horrible for your body, BMI is not flawed for 99% of the country

his stroke was likely due to hypertension or an atherosclerotic plaque breaking off, both of which he probably had or once suffered from
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6046 on: February 04, 2023, 12:32:43 AM »

If Fetterman's health is really that bad and he knows he has a very high chance of death at some point, would he just voluntarily retire, and can Shapiro pretty much appoint anyone he wants without consent of the legislature?

Again, I don't like speculating on people's health we really just don't know as it's a very personal subject. Someone can appear fine on the outside but be very sick and at high risk of death and vise-versa where they seem loopy but are at low risk of death anytime soon.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6047 on: February 04, 2023, 01:49:34 AM »

Citation needed.

Why is obese in scare quotes? Metabolic syndrome is not rare LMAO, being 400 pounds is horrible for your body, BMI is not flawed for 99% of the country

his stroke was likely due to hypertension or an atherosclerotic plaque breaking off, both of which he probably had or once suffered from

BMI is incredibly flawed as it’s just a ratio of height and weight. You have athletes who are considered “obese”, which is the extreme but genuinely as a 5’9 190 person I am considered obese. I have no real health consequences as a side affect. This is from my doctor not just wish finding on health blogs.

Fetterman is also 6 foot 9. He is very tall. I’m not going to argue he’s in perfect health but he’s certainly not on death’s door as some people are trying to suggest. But again we are going off one stroke and his publicly recorded stats, who knows his actual health is like. Publicly he seems in well health.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #6048 on: February 04, 2023, 02:00:15 AM »

If Fetterman's health is really that bad and he knows he has a very high chance of death at some point, would he just voluntarily retire, and can Shapiro pretty much appoint anyone he wants without consent of the legislature?

Again, I don't like speculating on people's health we really just don't know as it's a very personal subject. Someone can appear fine on the outside but be very sick and at high risk of death and vise-versa where they seem loopy but are at low risk of death anytime soon.

We all have a very high chance of death at some point.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #6049 on: February 04, 2023, 04:51:18 PM »

Also, on the same tip, if anyone thought the GOP would stop the ableist attacks once Fetterman got elected...

Pages: 1 ... 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies