PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 11:03:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 289755 times)
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2125 on: April 21, 2022, 10:24:11 PM »

Totally dropped the ball and didn’t post anything about tonight’s debate that just wrapped up. Lamb, Fetterman, and Kenyatta participated. The long and short is that everyone pretty much stuck to their talking points. Fetterman STILL refuses to apologize for the jogger incident and seemed incredibly unpolished as a debater but was fine otherwise. Malcolm got a few really good jabs in at both Fetterman and Lamb but I’m afraid it’s too little too late for him. Lyin’ Conor Lamb is still parroting GOP talking points, giving the run around, and being bland as all get out.

He really has nothing to apologize for. The jogger incident is a nothingburger. As others have said, the person on the other side of the incident endorsed him so there's clearly no hard feelings? The guy heard gunshots and ran into the woods with a gun, I strongly doubt that's going to be a turn off with Pennsylvania swing voters.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2126 on: April 21, 2022, 11:09:21 PM »

Wow! Brave to say this before the primary election.

Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2127 on: April 21, 2022, 11:17:15 PM »

My king is alive.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #2128 on: April 21, 2022, 11:53:20 PM »

Wow! Brave to say this before the primary election.

Probably the smart move if you have a wide primary lead in a 50/50 state.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2129 on: April 22, 2022, 12:44:36 AM »

OH NO NO NO

OHHHHHH NO NO NO NO
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2130 on: April 22, 2022, 12:56:05 AM »
« Edited: April 22, 2022, 01:57:52 AM by Cigna Conor »

Most electable candidate btw  
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2131 on: April 22, 2022, 08:08:56 AM »

I mean, objectively, Conor's position isn't radical and is pretty common sense, lining up with most Democrats in a primary (as well as others)

Both of there answers are right, neither is wrong. Again, the way this sub is villainizing Lamb is just so exhausting. This is so childish and petty. Grow up.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2132 on: April 22, 2022, 08:17:17 AM »
« Edited: April 22, 2022, 08:57:45 AM by Roll Roons »

I mean, objectively, Conor's position isn't radical and is pretty common sense, lining up with most Democrats in a primary (as well as others)

It's not common sense at all. COVID is endemic now and there's no need for any sort of mask mandate anywhere.

Institute mask mandates and watch your party get destroyed. But you can just pretend everything's OK by looking at your beloved DCCC internals.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #2133 on: April 22, 2022, 08:37:23 AM »

Fetterman's answers to the jogging incident continue to suck, but he's right on almost everything else. Fetterman is quite a unique Democrat, and really can't be pinned to one wing of the party. I think he's our best bet in November.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2134 on: April 22, 2022, 10:07:45 AM »

It's not common sense at all. COVID is endemic now and there's no need for any sort of mask mandate anywhere.

Institute mask mandates and watch your party get destroyed. But you can just pretend everything's OK by looking at your beloved DCCC internals.

if you're not willing to have a mature conversation please just dont even respond.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2135 on: April 22, 2022, 10:45:04 AM »

Fetterman's answers to the jogging incident continue to suck, but he's right on almost everything else. Fetterman is quite a unique Democrat, and really can't be pinned to one wing of the party. I think he's our best bet in November.

I'd say he's a progressive Dem, isn't he? He's just focussing on the right issues progressive Dems can win broader appeal among the general electorate. He's staying away from the divisive stuff, unlike members of the Squad.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #2136 on: April 22, 2022, 11:37:56 AM »

I'd say he's a progressive Dem, isn't he? He's just focussing on the right issues progressive Dems can win broader appeal among the general electorate. He's staying away from the divisive stuff, unlike members of the Squad.

He's certainly a progressive, but he differs significantly in style and tone, and really doesn't associate much with the major figures of that movement. He also does have substantial policy differences with the AOC-types, primarily on the environment. He actually supports fracking, which is by far my biggest issue with his policies, but it is undoubtedly a smart move politically in Pennsylvania. I think he exemplifies the most popular parts of the progressive agenda while avoiding a lot of the pitfalls left-wing candidates run into. Moreover, he's pretty friendly with the Democratic establishment when many progressives aren't.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2137 on: April 22, 2022, 11:44:43 AM »
« Edited: April 22, 2022, 12:03:04 PM by Cigna Conor »

Both of there answers are right, neither is wrong. Again, the way this sub is villainizing Lamb is just so exhausting. This is so childish and petty. Grow up.

My brother in Christ, nobody outside the covid hawks supported the Philly mask mandate.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #2138 on: April 22, 2022, 12:01:55 PM »
« Edited: April 22, 2022, 12:07:50 PM by xavier110 »

Fetterman has always been a good candidate and the best chance for Ds to win this seat. He would create a nice contrast with hedge funder McCormick in particular.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #2139 on: April 22, 2022, 01:47:20 PM »

Fetterman has always been a good candidate and the best chance for Ds to win this seat. He would create a nice contrast with hedge funder McCormick in particular.

Yeah, from what I'm observing, Fetterman seems to create enthusiasm among his supporters, which is very important to turn out the vote at the end of the day.

Interesting article: John Fetterman doesn't just have supporters — he has fans. His celebrity could make him a senator
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #2140 on: April 22, 2022, 01:53:30 PM »

I’m increasingly thinking that Fetterman is a scary candidate and Lamb has no chance against anybody
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2141 on: April 22, 2022, 02:47:23 PM »

Never gonna get over the electorate ignoring Kenyatta in favor of these two clowns.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2142 on: April 22, 2022, 04:13:13 PM »

Never gonna get over the electorate ignoring Kenyatta in favor of these two clowns.

Good. Now you know how we've felt all these years.

Make no mistake, this is not a bug. This is a feature designed to keep the grift flowing and the old ways in check. The warning signs were there with Conor Lamb, and had he not been a corporate-backed candidate, Kenyatta would have gotten the endorsement of the Philly machine.

It's actually a fairly common feature among lots of Democrats to pick winners and losers based on past performances. To borrow from EMILY's List, early money is like yeast: it makes the dough rise. Kenyatta may not be a huge household name as of yet, but he could have been a rising star in the party with some early backing. At the very least he'd be second place in the primary.

Instead, you had a lot of establishment-leaning PACs backing Lamb because of his previous connections with fundraising, his previous performance four years ago, and his already-established name. Instead of finding diamonds in the rough, the establishment often hyperfocuses on credentials to the point where they ignore prospective candidates' flaws and attempt to push losers as winners. And that's not even getting into the Democrats' consultants, who live in their own world and are totally out of touch with the American people.
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #2143 on: April 22, 2022, 04:22:38 PM »

Totally dropped the ball and didn’t post anything about tonight’s debate that just wrapped up. Lamb, Fetterman, and Kenyatta participated. The long and short is that everyone pretty much stuck to their talking points. Fetterman STILL refuses to apologize for the jogger incident and seemed incredibly unpolished as a debater but was fine otherwise. Malcolm got a few really good jabs in at both Fetterman and Lamb but I’m afraid it’s too little too late for him. Lyin’ Conor Lamb is still parroting GOP talking points, giving the run around, and being bland as all get out.

I am currently backing Conor Lamb, but I've watched Kenyatta effectively articulate himself and make his case. I could honestly see Lamb come in third. I agree that he really needs to switch this up and differentiate himself in the field. He's giving off too many "generic Dem" vibes and not enough energy brought to the table. I like his calm demeanor and blue-collar sentiment.

However, I could end up voting for Kenyatta if this keeps up. Fetterman, on the other hand, is unapologetic and comes off as callous. He's a terrible debater and can't throw together coherent points. Even still, he's the front-runner and doubt he wins the general. The man is too far left.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #2144 on: April 22, 2022, 09:16:03 PM »

I am currently backing Conor Lamb, but I've watched Kenyatta effectively articulate himself and make his case. I could honestly see Lamb come in third. I agree that he really needs to switch this up and differentiate himself in the field. He's giving off too many "generic Dem" vibes and not enough energy brought to the table. I like his calm demeanor and blue-collar sentiment.

However, I could end up voting for Kenyatta if this keeps up. Fetterman, on the other hand, is unapologetic and comes off as callous. He's a terrible debater and can't throw together coherent points. Even still, he's the front-runner and doubt he wins the general. The man is too far left.

Then why is he winning easily? He can't be that bad of a candidate if he is crushing the field.
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #2145 on: April 22, 2022, 09:45:23 PM »

Then why is he winning easily? He can't be that bad of a candidate if he is crushing the field.

Purely name recognition and more funds. Nothing more.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #2146 on: April 22, 2022, 10:28:14 PM »

Getting your name out there and raising money are part of what a successful candidate needs to do. Primaries have a purpose, more often than not the strongest candidate wins them. 
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2147 on: April 23, 2022, 09:57:17 AM »

Getting your name out there and raising money are part of what a successful candidate needs to do. Primaries have a purpose, more often than not the strongest candidate wins them. 

The 2016 primaries don't agree with this, YMMV on 2010 too.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2148 on: April 23, 2022, 01:28:03 PM »

Seethe and cope
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2149 on: April 23, 2022, 01:41:03 PM »

Seethe and cope

This is the truth, though. Whether people want to admit it or not, I live in PA, and no one that I know is paying attention to these primaries, on either side tbh. We're less than a month out and it does not feel like there is an election coming out. So I do believe that a lot of Fettermans lead is coming from name rec objectively. I really don't think anything has to do with who is running a good or bad campaign at this point.

Same reason Kenyatta is so low. No one outside of Philly (and even many in the city) don't know who he is.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies