PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 04:20:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 289808 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2000 on: April 05, 2022, 08:25:49 AM »

Fetterman raised $3.1M in Q1

https://twitter.com/JonathanTamari/status/1511331592752484363
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #2001 on: April 05, 2022, 09:02:15 AM »

Race still seems like Fetterman's to lose at this point, but we really need more polling for the primary.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2002 on: April 05, 2022, 09:17:48 AM »

Has Lamb shifted to right since entering congress in 2018? I feel like opinion of him was fairly positive in 2018 in the aftermath of that special election. If I remember correctly, he was even mentioned as senate, gov or VP material. Now seems like nobody really likes him.
Some people who liked Lamb back then, and who thought he would be a great candidate for higher office back then do not like Lamb anymore because his 2020 re-election margin in his Congressional District was unambiguously pathetic. I myself am among these people.

Lamb wasn’t winning statewide in 2022 and he should have known that last year.  He should have just run for re-election.  Now his career is probably over.  Throw him in the same bucket as Brad Ellsworth, Charlie Melancon, Paul Hodes, and Bruce Braley of Democrats who ran for statewide races they were never going to win in bad years for Democrats.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2003 on: April 05, 2022, 09:24:02 AM »

Has Lamb shifted to right since entering congress in 2018? I feel like opinion of him was fairly positive in 2018 in the aftermath of that special election. If I remember correctly, he was even mentioned as senate, gov or VP material. Now seems like nobody really likes him.
Some people who liked Lamb back then, and who thought he would be a great candidate for higher office back then do not like Lamb anymore because his 2020 re-election margin in his Congressional District was unambiguously pathetic. I myself am among these people.

Lamb wasn’t winning statewide in 2022 and he should have known that last year.  He should have just run for re-election.  Now his career is probably over.  Throw him in the same bucket as Brad Ellsworth, Charlie Melancon, Paul Hodes, and Bruce Braley of Democrats who ran for statewide races they were never going to win in bad years for Democrats.

Couldn't he just make a comeback in 2024 by running for the House again? Wouldn't be the first congressman to return after a failed senate bid.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2004 on: April 05, 2022, 09:27:27 AM »

Lamb wasn’t winning statewide in 2022 and he should have known that last year.  He should have just run for re-election.  Now his career is probably over.  Throw him in the same bucket as Brad Ellsworth, Charlie Melancon, Paul Hodes, and Bruce Braley of Democrats who ran for statewide races they were never going to win in bad years for Democrats.

Couldn't he just make a comeback in 2024 by running for the House again? Wouldn't be the first congressman to return after a failed senate bid.

None of the Dems mentioned above ended up making a comeback by running for their old House seats.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2005 on: April 05, 2022, 09:47:10 AM »

Paul Hodes was a strange bird. He actually did try and make a comeback last year for state senate and lost in the primary.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2006 on: April 05, 2022, 09:48:28 AM »

Lamb wasn’t winning statewide in 2022 and he should have known that last year.  He should have just run for re-election.  Now his career is probably over.  Throw him in the same bucket as Brad Ellsworth, Charlie Melancon, Paul Hodes, and Bruce Braley of Democrats who ran for statewide races they were never going to win in bad years for Democrats.

None of the Dems mentioned above ended up making a comeback by running for their old House seats.

But Ann Kirkpatrick and Deborah Ross for example did. I wouldn't count Lamb out here, though it's way too soon to speculate.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2007 on: April 05, 2022, 10:03:18 AM »

Lamb, if he is the nominee (which looks unlikely at this point), won't lose by as much as they did, but it would still be a clear loss.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2008 on: April 05, 2022, 10:07:24 AM »

Lamb, if he is the nominee (which looks unlikely at this point), won't lose by as much as they did, but it would still be a clear loss.

Still, like them, he would be a Democrat who throw away a House seat for a Senate run in a year where a Democrat clearly can’t win a senate race.  I knew this back in July 2021 when he got in.  Not sure why he and others didn’t know this based on midterm election history. 
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2009 on: April 05, 2022, 10:22:50 AM »

Still, like them, he would be a Democrat who throw away a House seat for a Senate run in a year where a Democrat clearly can’t win a senate race.  I knew this back in July 2021 when he got in.  Not sure why he and others didn’t know this based on midterm election history. 

You're right, but ambitious politicians often let the facts get ahead of them.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2010 on: April 05, 2022, 10:56:30 AM »

Nobody at the DCCC met with him and explained this to him?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2011 on: April 05, 2022, 10:57:45 AM »

I'm assuming not.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2012 on: April 05, 2022, 11:07:23 AM »

Never underestimate a politician's ego.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2013 on: April 05, 2022, 11:33:31 AM »

I'm assuming not.

Wouldn’t surprise me if the DCCC failed to do their job.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #2014 on: April 05, 2022, 03:50:04 PM »

Fetterman claps back hard at lamb
He's also been campaigning in deep red counties to sold out venues

He's also been endorsed by the postal workers union

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #2015 on: April 05, 2022, 03:54:29 PM »

Is it known whether Fetterman tweets himself? At least in some instances? It pretty much seems like to me. At least he comes off authentic, which is not always the case with a politician. Really hope he wins the primary and general.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #2016 on: April 05, 2022, 05:58:35 PM »

To be fair to Ellsworth and Melancon, their house seats were gone once they flipped. And Braley and Hodes both did far worse than they should have in those senate races.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2017 on: April 05, 2022, 06:51:33 PM »
« Edited: April 05, 2022, 07:18:02 PM by Anti Democrat Democrat Club »

Let's see how Big Pharma's favorite failson is doing!

Oh.

The corporate bootlickers know they can't land a hit on Big John so they've resorted to blatantly making sh*t up. Lambchin must condemn!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #2018 on: April 05, 2022, 06:58:06 PM »

Lamb is going down in flames. He got desperate fast.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2019 on: April 05, 2022, 07:10:03 PM »

Lamb got into the fave late while Fettetman was already established that's why Lamb is losing
Thank you for being a friend...
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2020 on: April 05, 2022, 07:52:17 PM »

John Fetterman is really a unique candidate, he reminds me of Jon Tester - he seems like he's going to make this race very competitive.  The Republican field is abysmal.  A strong R candidate would have walked away with this.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2021 on: April 05, 2022, 08:49:39 PM »

Vote wise not really. But he's trying to run to the right now in a statewide primary which is bizarre considering how conservative his original district was. And he's running a garbage campaign.

Lamb's 2018 campaign in comparison to now is like the quality difference of The Empire Strikes Back and The Rise of Skywalker.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2022 on: April 05, 2022, 08:53:56 PM »

To be fair to Ellsworth and Melancon, their house seats were gone once they flipped. And Braley and Hodes both did far worse than they should have in those senate races.

Ellsworth may have been able to hold his seat even in 2010.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2023 on: April 05, 2022, 09:30:42 PM »

Lamb should've ran for something like Lt. Governor or Attorney General if he had no chance of holding the House seat.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2024 on: April 05, 2022, 11:20:07 PM »

Rs chances of holding PA is diminished anyways .. Fetterman was leading Oz by 9 pts, Oz was definitely overrated
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies