Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 01:42:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 353057 times)
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3275 on: November 01, 2021, 11:03:59 PM »

Let's see if HD-75 is the most likely GOP pick up of the night. If it is a solid pick up early in the night that bolds bad for the state Democrats as black turn out is likely very poor.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #3276 on: November 01, 2021, 11:05:31 PM »

I don't understand why someone would donate to a campaign the night before the election? It seems completely useless.

Because it's legalized bribery. The goal of donating to a campaign isn't to help it win over votes, it's to bet on the winner. They can use that money to pay their consultant nephew to make a meme for all the donor cares. Who gives $10,000 because they believe in someone's platform?
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3277 on: November 01, 2021, 11:05:45 PM »

As I stated on the other thread,

the jurisdictions to watch in Nova are Manassas and Manassas Park. If Trumpkin and the GOP are really regaining all the suburbanites back and Hispanics are trending heavily Republican, these would be the jurisdictions to watch.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3278 on: November 01, 2021, 11:10:50 PM »

As I expected, there will be exit polls for this race. There was also exit polling from many other recent statewide elections here in this state (e.g. 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2020), so comparing this year's exit polls relative to those in the recent past may also provide some hints as to where this race is headed.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #3279 on: November 01, 2021, 11:16:30 PM »

Here's Griff's patented Election Day Hysteria Generator!

Have fun Smiley

Early reports of [adjective] turnout in [location] suggest [noun] for [party/candidate]

These tips are frankly useless. To provide some real guidance to this forum, here are GRIFF'S PATENTED 10 TIPS FOR SURVIVING ELECTION DAY

1. DO stay up all night on Election Eve. You can sleep when it's over. The more hours you're awake, the more prescient you become at discerning every morsel of Election Day information.

2. DON'T reign in expectations: after all, the Election Gods only give luck to those who dream for the sky!

3. DO overreact to every morsel of preliminary turnout data, including long/short lines, appearance of voters in line, turnout as a share of the previous election at a precinct during any portion of the day, and other observations. A good format to make you sound like an expert:

"Early reports of [adjective] turnout in [location] suggest [noun] for [party/candidate]"

4. DON'T wait for the final exit polling data to drop at 7 PM: rather, latch onto reports from the preliminary exit polls at 5 PM and reassure yourself that this is definitely reflective of the final result.

5. DO let weather forecasts and reports allow you to draw big conclusions about the outcome. After all, thunderstorms mean Democrats lose by 40 points, hot weather makes old Republicans wilt in place, people used to snow and ice don't vote in snow and ice, etc.

6. DON'T wait around for an accurate representation of precincts to begin reporting votes before calling the race; instead, DO make broad proclamations about the race at 8 PM when Democrats are losing GA by 30 points and 7% of the vote has been counted.

7. DO attend Election Night watch parties and DO bring every mobile device you have, and remain glued to them rather than socializing with your peers.

8. DON'T take anything Wolf "Wow!" Blitzer has to say at face value. Seriously.

9. DO consume as many stimulants and mood-lifting substances as you can get your hands on throughout the day; especially when combined with #1, you'll be at peak performance just in time for poll closings.

10. DON'T behave rationally at the end of the night, win or lose. Close things out after hours of arguing with opposition supporters on social media by passing out in a pool of drool on your desk.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3280 on: November 01, 2021, 11:20:45 PM »

When Fairfax County releases their early vote election results tomorrow.. remember these things:

1) My vote will be among the first released with the batch yay!

2) Early voting is obviously less sensitive to momentum but let's see if Tmac is running behind Ayala and Herring in the early vote.

3) If Herring is not meeting his bench mark in Fairfax County, it will be a terrible night for the Democrats.
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #3281 on: November 01, 2021, 11:32:10 PM »

Can we expect >90% of the vote in before dawn? Or is this another Cali situation where mail-in ballots take ages to count?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3282 on: November 01, 2021, 11:33:50 PM »

Can we expect >90% of the vote in before dawn? Or is this another Cali situation where mail-in ballots take ages to count?
The early votes are already being counted as we speak.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3283 on: November 01, 2021, 11:35:16 PM »

Wow it's election day!
swf541

« Reply #3284 on: November 01, 2021, 11:43:46 PM »

Hype, looking forward to watching all of us make unreasonable assumptions from turnout reports.  Anyways whats the weather supposed to be in Northern Virginia tommorrow?
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3285 on: November 01, 2021, 11:45:07 PM »

Hype, looking forward to watching all of us make unreasonable assumptions from turnout reports.  Anyways whats the weather supposed to be in Northern Virginia tommorrow?

Early afternoon showers.
swf541

« Reply #3286 on: November 01, 2021, 11:46:25 PM »

Early afternoon showers.

So we're doomed, got it
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3287 on: November 01, 2021, 11:48:15 PM »
« Edited: November 01, 2021, 11:51:36 PM by Southern Delegate Punxsutawney Phil »

Hype, looking forward to watching all of us make unreasonable assumptions from turnout reports.  Anyways whats the weather supposed to be in Northern Virginia tommorrow?

Early afternoon showers.

So we're doomed, got it
I BLESS THE RAINS DOWWWN IN NOOOOOOVVVVAAA
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3288 on: November 01, 2021, 11:48:24 PM »

Early afternoon showers.

So we're doomed, got it

Actually the way the forecast has been changing I wouldn't be surprised if the weather is worse in SWVA / Shenandoah area.  
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3289 on: November 01, 2021, 11:52:27 PM »

Early afternoon showers.

So we're doomed, got it

Actually the way the forecast has been changing I wouldn't be surprised if the weather is worse in SWVA / Shenandoah area. 
Jokes aside, is there anything to the idea that weather substantially influences turnout?
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3290 on: November 01, 2021, 11:53:44 PM »

Early afternoon showers.

So we're doomed, got it

Jokes aside, is there anything to the idea that weather substantially influences turnout?

Not really, but given that the GOP base in VA is substantially older I wouldn't want tons of rain in rural VA if I were Youngkin.  Especially since he's banked far fewer early votes.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3291 on: November 01, 2021, 11:55:35 PM »

Early afternoon showers.

So we're doomed, got it

Not really, but given that the GOP base in VA is substantially older I wouldn't want tons of rain in rural VA if I were Youngkin.  Especially since he's banked far fewer early votes.
I guess lots of voters are going to be carrying umbrellas. Especially in Northern Virginia and in the areas west of the Fall Line.
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #3292 on: November 02, 2021, 12:06:15 AM »

Ok this is cool, so it'll be more like Florida where results are known extremely fast (less than 2 hours)?

And will there be a counting bias?
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3293 on: November 02, 2021, 12:08:25 AM »

Ok this is cool, so it'll be more like Florida where results are known extremely fast (less than 2 hours)?

And will there be a counting bias?
A bunch of votes will appear counted at the very start after polls close, and those will be (at least part of) the early vote.  It will lean Dem because a lot of them will come from Fairfax and neighboring deep blue counties.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3294 on: November 02, 2021, 12:49:21 AM »

I am concerned with the disturbing number of Kevin McGrath for delegate signs in my HD.

That guy is psycho. Look at this website! mcgrath4va.com/

Granted the signs are in front of big houses or medians. Most people who live on big houses are Republicans in this area. Condos, apartments, townhouses etc are naturally going to have a lot more democrats.

But the fact that this guy has ground game support is disturbing
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #3295 on: November 02, 2021, 12:49:30 AM »

Rain in the forecast for NoVA...

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3296 on: November 02, 2021, 01:36:53 AM »

I don't understand why someone would donate to a campaign the night before the election? It seems completely useless.

Because it's legalized bribery. The goal of donating to a campaign isn't to help it win over votes, it's to bet on the winner. They can use that money to pay their consultant nephew to make a meme for all the donor cares. Who gives $10,000 because they believe in someone's platform?

Yes and No.... basically a way of paying off campaign debts so there is more CiH for the next go around.

Not a PUB nor DEM scene, but small cash $ don't matter nearly as much in "Big Boy Elections".

Us small donors with $5-10 week or month deductions don't have the same pay to play as the big money donors....

We did awesome in the DEM Prims of '16 and '20, but reality is that both DEM and PUB parties are owned by big $$$$ when it comes to campaign contributions overall.

Unfortunately the whole idea of campaign finance reform got shot down with McCain-Feingold, and somehow the Supreme Court says this is "Freedom of Speech".

Mark my words, this is when American Democracy started to collapse to the point where internationally we are looking like a Banana Republic after the events of 1/6/21.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #3297 on: November 02, 2021, 03:51:54 AM »

My God tweets need to be banned from this thread.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3298 on: November 02, 2021, 03:54:24 AM »

Diversity is a good thing. White people of course shouldn't be punished, but clearly something is going wrong there-as in many other areas-and more needs to be done to include minorities.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #3299 on: November 02, 2021, 04:09:37 AM »

My God tweets need to be banned from this thread.

Nah that’s half the fun watching the storm brew
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies