Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 02:40:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 352076 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2825 on: October 30, 2021, 01:54:02 PM »

as someone who's worked with the mcauliffe team since march, I can tell yall that if he loses it is fully because of the terrible organization of his campaign. the loudoun and Fairfax dems are also  absolutely awful at their jobs and have let the GOP completely control the narrative. meanwhile they are handwriting postcards to safe d houses asking them to vote... at the early voting location in loudoun there are 5 GOP helpers handing out voting guides and not a single democrat there.... they truly do not have their sh**t together. trumpkin was a campaign tactic doomed to fail when the GOP candidate is essentially mitt romney... this was a perfect storm of sh**tty campaigning from the dems, so if youngkin wins, I don't think it means anything about the partisanship of the state other than the fact that va dems are SOOO BADDD

do you actually think T-Mac will lose?  Yeah Youngkin has a ton of signs in Loudoun and Fairfax (he did in the "primary" as well btw) but if you go down side streets to real neighborhoods it's clear most people are voting for T-Mac, even in wealthy burbs.  Plus Dem turnout has been relatively high in terms of early voting. 

Plus what does it matter if you have people handing out voting guides early?  When I voted last year early, there were numerous GOP operatives at the Fairfax site handing out literature.  Nobody wanted it.  That was when it was clearly to me that Dems were killing it with the early vote.  How do you know that's not happening this year as well?  (the most likely scenario).

I can't answer that until I see what ED turnout looks like, but I can definitively say that if Youngkin wins it will be with only a plurality rather than a majority. As for the GOP handing out lit, my point is the Dems have been completely absent in every way. No signs, no canvassing, no public events, no nothing. Loudoun has controlled the narrative of this entire election and Terry has not held a public event once. He has visited several times to do canvassing but you would think he would bring in people like Biden and Obama to really ramp up enthusiasm...

Ayala>Herring>Terry>HoD in my eyes, and either way, Ayala is the clear favorite in 2025 which is kinda cool

I agree with the ordering, but I think all three win comfortably.

I think that it's either very close or its a blowout. Youngkin +1 to McAuliffe +2/3 or McAuliffe +6 to McAuliffe +8.

I think whatever the polls show on Election Day, add 5 points to all three Democrats.
hyouzel the predictor
hyouzel
United States

P P
« Reply #2826 on: October 30, 2021, 01:55:38 PM »

as someone who's worked with the mcauliffe team since march, I can tell yall that if he loses it is fully because of the terrible organization of his campaign. the loudoun and Fairfax dems are also  absolutely awful at their jobs and have let the GOP completely control the narrative. meanwhile they are handwriting postcards to safe d houses asking them to vote... at the early voting location in loudoun there are 5 GOP helpers handing out voting guides and not a single democrat there.... they truly do not have their sh**t together. trumpkin was a campaign tactic doomed to fail when the GOP candidate is essentially mitt romney... this was a perfect storm of sh**tty campaigning from the dems, so if youngkin wins, I don't think it means anything about the partisanship of the state other than the fact that va dems are SOOO BADDD

do you actually think T-Mac will lose?  Yeah Youngkin has a ton of signs in Loudoun and Fairfax (he did in the "primary" as well btw) but if you go down side streets to real neighborhoods it's clear most people are voting for T-Mac, even in wealthy burbs.  Plus Dem turnout has been relatively high in terms of early voting. 

Plus what does it matter if you have people handing out voting guides early?  When I voted last year early, there were numerous GOP operatives at the Fairfax site handing out literature.  Nobody wanted it.  That was when it was clearly to me that Dems were killing it with the early vote.  How do you know that's not happening this year as well?  (the most likely scenario).

I can't answer that until I see what ED turnout looks like, but I can definitively say that if Youngkin wins it will be with only a plurality rather than a majority. As for the GOP handing out lit, my point is the Dems have been completely absent in every way. No signs, no canvassing, no public events, no nothing. Loudoun has controlled the narrative of this entire election and Terry has not held a public event once. He has visited several times to do canvassing but you would think he would bring in people like Biden and Obama to really ramp up enthusiasm...

Ayala>Herring>Terry>HoD in my eyes, and either way, Ayala is the clear favorite in 2025 which is kinda cool

I think that it's either very close or its a blowout. Youngkin +1 to McAuliffe +2/3 or McAuliffe +6 to McAuliffe +8.

I think whatever the polls show on Election Day, add 5 points to all three Democrats.

Fair enough I'm emotionally preparing myself for it to be close but I honestly don't know, the "close polls" lately have had awfullll crosstabs. Regardless of what you think of Youngkin or Tmac, there is nothing that Youngkin has done to warrant 2 digit increases in minorities and educated white voters. Also the electorate is not going to be D+1 and if you think it will be then get help
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #2827 on: October 30, 2021, 01:56:00 PM »

Might happen that way, but seems pretty silly to expect it to happen.
hyouzel the predictor
hyouzel
United States

P P
« Reply #2828 on: October 30, 2021, 01:56:16 PM »

At this point I hope Youngkin wins more to trigger NSV than even seeing my party win lol

Winning bc of spite >>>>> winning bc of partisanship
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2829 on: October 30, 2021, 01:57:02 PM »

they were more than 5 points off in favor of Republicans in 2017...
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2830 on: October 30, 2021, 01:58:43 PM »

Any individuals who are particularly incompetent in the VA Dems, or is it too broadly spread out to justify singling out anyone?

I know there was a major campaign restructuring in the summer for Terry's campaign that resulted in 2 months of dead silence while all the CRT/SB bullsh**t was going on, so that definitely didn't help. I don't think it is an issue with VA Dems as much as it is Terry's campaign just not knowing what they are doing. They clearly thought this race was safe until September so they didn't even campaign or do anything until that point whereas Youngkin has been out fighting all year. He has run an excellent campaign all things considered.

Also, as a Loudoun resident and LCPS student, I think it's crucial that everybody understands what is happening with this rape situation. The blame in placing this kid back into LCPS has nothing to do with the school board as it was out of their hands at that point (criminal charges). They legitimately did not know what happened as it was in the hands of the DA Buta Biberaj. I don't know why she decided the kid wasn't a risk (I've heard he was SPED) but she is the one who made the decision to place him back in schools, not the school board. Also, there is no evidence that this kid is trans or even was wearing a skirt other than what this girl said. I also want to say that the walkouts last week were not political in nature other than being mad at LCPS for tolerating rape culture in general (there was a specific situation at my school that exemplified this). As the kid literally in the front of the walkout, I can assure everyone on Atlas that it had nothing to do with trans kids, CRT, or the gubernatorial election in any way.

Also CRT is bullsh**t we learn the opposite so that's all a bunch of lies too
Seems that in general the school board might have been stuck in a damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't situation?
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #2831 on: October 30, 2021, 01:59:44 PM »

Sure, but again, seems silly to expect it to happen again.  Especially since the national environment is quite different now compared to 2017.

Not gonna lie, that's a pretty weak argument.
hyouzel the predictor
hyouzel
United States

P P
« Reply #2832 on: October 30, 2021, 02:00:10 PM »

Any individuals who are particularly incompetent in the VA Dems, or is it too broadly spread out to justify singling out anyone?

I know there was a major campaign restructuring in the summer for Terry's campaign that resulted in 2 months of dead silence while all the CRT/SB bullsh**t was going on, so that definitely didn't help. I don't think it is an issue with VA Dems as much as it is Terry's campaign just not knowing what they are doing. They clearly thought this race was safe until September so they didn't even campaign or do anything until that point whereas Youngkin has been out fighting all year. He has run an excellent campaign all things considered.

Also, as a Loudoun resident and LCPS student, I think it's crucial that everybody understands what is happening with this rape situation. The blame in placing this kid back into LCPS has nothing to do with the school board as it was out of their hands at that point (criminal charges). They legitimately did not know what happened as it was in the hands of the DA Buta Biberaj. I don't know why she decided the kid wasn't a risk (I've heard he was SPED) but she is the one who made the decision to place him back in schools, not the school board. Also, there is no evidence that this kid is trans or even was wearing a skirt other than what this girl said. I also want to say that the walkouts last week were not political in nature other than being mad at LCPS for tolerating rape culture in general (there was a specific situation at my school that exemplified this). As the kid literally in the front of the walkout, I can assure everyone on Atlas that it had nothing to do with trans kids, CRT, or the gubernatorial election in any way.

Seems that in general the school board might have been stuck in a damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't situation?

Oh fully, there was nothing the school board could have done in this situation, period. It was completely out of their hands, to the point where they didn't even know what happened to this kid because it was a criminal matter at that point.
It's not just that you are a crook senator
MelihV
Rookie
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -5.04

P P P
« Reply #2833 on: October 30, 2021, 02:04:08 PM »

This is such a mess that I am not even going to make a prediction anymore lmao. I initially had 6.5 TMac but... idk. I feel like I don't understand what is going on with this particular race soo.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2834 on: October 30, 2021, 02:04:54 PM »

Sure, but again, seems silly to expect it to happen again.  Especially since the national environment is quite different now compared to 2017.

Not gonna lie, that's a pretty weak argument.

And it's a polarized state.  How did the national environment work for Dem senators in Indiana and Florida in 2018?  How about Ernst in 2020?  Voters have been remarkably stable in their choices over the last few years.  The only big exceptions being when one has a huge personal scandal.  And this school choice issue isn't it.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2835 on: October 30, 2021, 02:06:12 PM »

as someone who's worked with the mcauliffe team since march, I can tell yall that if he loses it is fully because of the terrible organization of his campaign. the loudoun and Fairfax dems are also  absolutely awful at their jobs and have let the GOP completely control the narrative. meanwhile they are handwriting postcards to safe d houses asking them to vote... at the early voting location in loudoun there are 5 GOP helpers handing out voting guides and not a single democrat there.... they truly do not have their sh**t together. trumpkin was a campaign tactic doomed to fail when the GOP candidate is essentially mitt romney... this was a perfect storm of sh**tty campaigning from the dems, so if youngkin wins, I don't think it means anything about the partisanship of the state other than the fact that va dems are SOOO BADDD

Oh fully, there was nothing the school board could have done in this situation, period. It was completely out of their hands, to the point where they didn't even know what happened to this kid because it was a criminal matter at that point.
Who, if anyone, will suffer electorally on local level because of this scandal? The school board? The DA? County Executives?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2836 on: October 30, 2021, 02:08:42 PM »

as someone who's worked with the mcauliffe team since march, I can tell yall that if he loses it is fully because of the terrible organization of his campaign. the loudoun and Fairfax dems are also  absolutely awful at their jobs and have let the GOP completely control the narrative. meanwhile they are handwriting postcards to safe d houses asking them to vote... at the early voting location in loudoun there are 5 GOP helpers handing out voting guides and not a single democrat there.... they truly do not have their sh**t together. trumpkin was a campaign tactic doomed to fail when the GOP candidate is essentially mitt romney... this was a perfect storm of sh**tty campaigning from the dems, so if youngkin wins, I don't think it means anything about the partisanship of the state other than the fact that va dems are SOOO BADDD

Who, if anyone, will suffer electorally on local level because of this scandal? The school board? The DA? County Executives?

Those elections are in 2023
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2837 on: October 30, 2021, 02:18:11 PM »

Hopping back into the election for a moment, what are the areas of the state to watch come election night?

My political knowledge of VA is largely limited to NoVA = Democratic, not-NoVA = Republican. 

Spoiler alert! Click Show to show the content.

Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2838 on: October 30, 2021, 02:18:24 PM »

There is one way in which I agree that T-Mac totally screwed up, and it's not the education issue... nobody on the ground cares about that.  

He should have focused A LOT more on the abortion issue and what Texas did.  He should have framed the argument as not theoretical.  When the GOP was in power last time they had another ridiculous heartbeat bill here in VA.  

The pro-life position is very very unpopular here in Virginia, and among NOVA swing voters in particular.  A lot of women I've talked to bring this issue up not school boards.  It was a mistake to not make every closing ad not about abortion.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2839 on: October 30, 2021, 02:20:07 PM »

There is one way in which I agree that T-Mac totally screwed up, and it's not the education issue... nobody on the ground cares about that.  

He should have focused A LOT more on the abortion issue and what Texas did.  He should have framed the argument as not theoretical.  When the GOP was in power last time they had another ridiculous heartbeat bill here in VA.  

The pro-life position is very very unpopular here in Virginia, and among NOVA swing voters in particular.  A lot of women I've talked to bring this issue up not school boards.  It was a mistake to not make every closing ad not about abortion.
Gosh NoVa women are so unbased (but I will pretend otherwise if they vote for TMAC)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #2840 on: October 30, 2021, 02:21:19 PM »

Hahahahahahahaha

YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #2841 on: October 30, 2021, 02:22:44 PM »

Keep this thread on topic please you people have made me return from my slumber.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2842 on: October 30, 2021, 02:23:44 PM »

Gosh NoVa women are so unbased (but I will pretend otherwise if they vote for TMAC)

NOVA women are all over the place.  I knew that Bernie was gonna do bad in the 2020 primaries because half of them were saying they were going to vote Biden because he's more electable.  A bunch of the super progressives liked Warren and Buttigieg personally.  A bunch of the moderates also liked Warren. 

I am still confident they all come home for T-Mac. 
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2843 on: October 30, 2021, 02:25:27 PM »

If you are serious and not a troll, you might have inadvertently helped Youngkin anyway because that was NOT the narrative that went around. I keep hammering away here about the importance of OPTICS that so many Democrats just don't seem to comprehend. In politics, it doesn't matter what people's actual motives or intentions are. What matters is how it is conveyed by the media and perceived by the voters. And this walkout contributed to a perception of a Loudoun County in chaos thanks to wokeness gone mad, to the point that even the kids are fed up with it. Regardless of whether that's true or not, it's the narrative that's being widely spread nationally, and I imagine within much of your state as well.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2844 on: October 30, 2021, 02:32:22 PM »

MOD?!
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2845 on: October 30, 2021, 02:32:37 PM »

Did you make this ?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2846 on: October 30, 2021, 02:34:25 PM »

Yeah obviously no heartbeat bills or the like but expect some basic restrictions if Sears and the GOP HOD win.
Joe Morrissey will vote for stuff like waiting periods.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2847 on: October 30, 2021, 02:34:38 PM »

From Roanoke College poll

When asked who should have control over the curriculum in public schools, teachers (43% great deal of control and 44% some control) and parents (41% great deal of control and 41% some control) scored the highest. School boards (27% great deal/54% some) and administrators (29% great deal/51% some) rated higher than local, state or federal governments.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2848 on: October 30, 2021, 02:35:15 PM »

When I talked about mods, I didn't mean this set of mods, lol.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2849 on: October 30, 2021, 02:38:25 PM »

No I found it on the Campaign Trail subreddit. Not a real mod, just a meme.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies