Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 06:18:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 352694 times)
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2750 on: October 30, 2021, 02:24:22 AM »

https://www.reddit.com/gallery/qiixpk

Gallery of interesting mailers, from Reddit.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #2751 on: October 30, 2021, 02:53:53 AM »

Wtf happened to this thread? I'm gone for one evening and there are 14 more pages of this? Let me guess, it's about one militant Virginia poster (who I've had on ignore for years) who keeps arguing with people?

Also lmao at that clearly fake and staged tiki torches thing.
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #2752 on: October 30, 2021, 03:05:44 AM »

My pub leeker is visiting this weekend. I'll try to see if hes seen any new internals. Last week's was Youngkin +2 which is more likely than the Youngkin +8 Dem internal i was leaked last week.

🙄

I didn't say i believed it but yeah it does exist.

I don't believe you that it exists.

Lol. Ok dude. But my source had no reason to lie to me and was very distressed.

Link to source?

Or are you just some random VA-CON poster on Atlas with no connections and no real add-on values, but are hiding behind sources which may or may not exist?

No reason to doubt, but any time on on an internet Forum when people claim they have "sources" without citing them gives me at least a reasonable assumption that facts are not real unless proved otherwise.

I have Facebook messenger receipts that reveal the identity of the person who wishes to remain anonymous. Maybe ill take the time to scramble the name and face but that does require effort. Fhtagn here could verify that I did in fact tell her the results last Friday well before the Fox Poll but I doubt thatd suffice.

I think you misunderstand.  I'm saying you're lying that you have a source that says that.

Whatever NPC.

TBH this sounds a lot like one of the three turnout models I know is being run. I mean I haven't seen the most recent set, but +8 would seem to be in the range of what I suspect they would show for the 2013 model.

People don't expect it, but my understanding is that all the trend lines are in freefall for Ds atm but neither side(at least Youngkin folks) fully buy it and think the media cycle is exaggerating the current narrative with response bias. But people are not wanting to say they are backing Tmac even if they still are. Dems definitely embarrassed at the state of the campaign.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2753 on: October 30, 2021, 03:08:38 AM »

Easy basic late '70s / early mid '80s style...

Direct mail doesn't play nearly as will as it did in the dayz... assumption this it targeting seniors or persuadable voters, but is def (If legit) using PUB "Moral Majority" style mailers to close the deal with ED voters....

Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #2754 on: October 30, 2021, 03:16:03 AM »

The real story here is that the labour shortage is so bad that the Virginia Democrats couldn't even find some actors or at least temp workers to pose as Neo-Nazis for an afternoon.

If it had been random people they'd have gotten away with it but they were so short of workers that they had to send a communications director and a financial director. So when someone went "hey, this sounds like a dirty trick the Virginia Democrats would pull" and searched "Virginia Democrats" on Facebook their big stupid faces were right at the top.

These stooges make Nixon's thugs look like James Bond.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #2755 on: October 30, 2021, 06:58:42 AM »

Buses, torches, and wet button-up shirts aside, maybe my Virginia peeps (or regular peeps) can help me out here:

Was the former governor the "good enough"-candidate for the Dems? Or was he truly the candidate thought to be the best for for the Dems here?
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #2756 on: October 30, 2021, 07:04:26 AM »

Buses, torches, and wet button-up shirts aside, maybe my Virginia peeps (or regular peeps) can help me out here:

Was the former governor the "good enough"-candidate for the Dems? Or was he truly the candidate thought to be the best for for the Dems here?

Not a Virginian but honestly TMac won largely on name recognition. Looking at the other candidates you had Jennifer McClellan, a state senator with policies similar to TMac, Foy a state delegate with a bit of fame from flipping a seat in 2017, then Fairfax, a rapist, and Carter, a nutjob. Had Spanberger or Herring run it would be a different story but all the other candidates were either lost causes or just simply unknown
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #2757 on: October 30, 2021, 07:58:28 AM »

Knowing this will all be over in a few days makes it bearable
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #2758 on: October 30, 2021, 08:31:35 AM »

Oh My stars and garters….this escalated quickly.
Would everyone do me a favor and pop in a delta 8 gummy (or two) or your THC of choice prior to election night and just chill.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #2759 on: October 30, 2021, 08:54:21 AM »

Stay Safe
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2760 on: October 30, 2021, 09:03:37 AM »

Stay Safe

Yeah I’m guessing this won’t happen.
If there is an attack, we wouldn’t know about it until it happens.
This seems like the whole J6 justice rally scare (which I never bought into)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2761 on: October 30, 2021, 09:20:55 AM »

This entire thread is so bunk....

We have (109) pages even prior to the election, and I simply post asking for does Atlas Hive have benchmarks and then an hour later we have three pages of random squabbling for the most part and some old Dave Wasserman benchmarks from three weeks ago which appears to be only TV by candidate by county and not % vote by county....

Jesus Christo.... "Come on Man".... give us some real juice since here we are on the Friday evening before Tuesday's election, AND WE DEMAND ANSWERS from Virginia SME's and not petty bickering!!!!

I literally responded to your post with benchmarks.

Somebody else's and three weeks old, but no I'm totally cool with what you did there, but was hoping for maybe a higher level of analysis...

Better than pictures of dead babies, I guess.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #2762 on: October 30, 2021, 09:23:37 AM »

My pub leeker is visiting this weekend. I'll try to see if hes seen any new internals. Last week's was Youngkin +2 which is more likely than the Youngkin +8 Dem internal i was leaked last week.

🙄

I didn't say i believed it but yeah it does exist.

I don't believe you that it exists.

Lol. Ok dude. But my source had no reason to lie to me and was very distressed.

Link to source?

Or are you just some random VA-CON poster on Atlas with no connections and no real add-on values, but are hiding behind sources which may or may not exist?

No reason to doubt, but any time on on an internet Forum when people claim they have "sources" without citing them gives me at least a reasonable assumption that facts are not real unless proved otherwise.

I have Facebook messenger receipts that reveal the identity of the person who wishes to remain anonymous. Maybe ill take the time to scramble the name and face but that does require effort. Fhtagn here could verify that I did in fact tell her the results last Friday well before the Fox Poll but I doubt thatd suffice.

I think you misunderstand.  I'm saying you're lying that you have a source that says that.

Whatever NPC.

TBH this sounds a lot like one of the three turnout models I know is being run. I mean I haven't seen the most recent set, but +8 would seem to be in the range of what I suspect they would show for the 2013 model.

People don't expect it, but my understanding is that all the trend lines are in freefall for Ds atm but neither side(at least Youngkin folks) fully buy it and think the media cycle is exaggerating the current narrative with response bias. But people are not wanting to say they are backing Tmac even if they still are. Dems definitely embarrassed at the state of the campaign.

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but if you have the poll data you can post it here without revealing the personal details of your "source".
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #2763 on: October 30, 2021, 10:06:44 AM »

Interesting...

Duke of York

« Reply #2764 on: October 30, 2021, 10:13:56 AM »

Interesting...

crowd sizes mean nothing. How do you know all these people were from Alexandria? They could also simply be choosing to listen. That does not mean they will vote for him.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2765 on: October 30, 2021, 10:17:17 AM »

Interesting...

crowd sizes mean nothing. How do you know all these people were from Alexandria? They could also simply be choosing to listen. That does not mean they will vote for him.

Of course not, LMAO @ thinking any of those rednecks are from Alexandria.  Half are probably from West Virginia.  GOP has reached full desperation now thinking Alexandria is going to help Youngkin.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #2766 on: October 30, 2021, 10:24:44 AM »

I need the Quinnipiac poll
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #2767 on: October 30, 2021, 10:28:42 AM »

Interesting...

Brings to mind those pics heralding the enthusiasm for Trump in MN during the 2020 cycle. 
roxas11
United States

« Reply #2768 on: October 30, 2021, 10:34:07 AM »

Interesting...

Trump also famously talked about how big his crowd sizes was and then he went on went to lose the popular vote in 2016 and in 2020 lol

But unlike Trump, Glenn Youngkin will be able to count on the electoral college to save him if loses the popular vote to Terry Mcauliffe.....
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2769 on: October 30, 2021, 10:36:14 AM »

Crowd sizes don't matter.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #2770 on: October 30, 2021, 10:37:27 AM »

Interesting...

Of course not, LMAO @ thinking any of those rednecks are from Alexandria.  Half are probably from West Virginia.  GOP has reached full desperation now thinking Alexandria is going to help Youngkin.

I bet you also think the Latinos at Latinos for Youngkin events are just white rednecks too.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #2771 on: October 30, 2021, 10:42:44 AM »

This is crazy, I'm so excited
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2772 on: October 30, 2021, 10:45:57 AM »
« Edited: October 30, 2021, 12:52:16 PM by Brittain33 »

Imagine being excited about a governor's election in a state you don't live in / have probably never been to... based on polls... over a race that your guy (a billionaire loser) will lose...
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #2773 on: October 30, 2021, 10:53:52 AM »

Imagine being excited about a governor's election in a state you don't live in / have probably never been to... based on fake polls... over a race that your guy (a billionaire loser) will lose...

Fake polls, NSV?
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2774 on: October 30, 2021, 10:58:16 AM »
« Edited: October 30, 2021, 12:52:40 PM by Brittain33 »

Imagine being excited about a governor's election in a state you don't live in / have probably never been to... based on fake polls... over a race that your guy (a billionaire loser) will lose...

Fake polls, NSV?

Yep, fake polls. Youngkin isn't winning.  This should be obvious to anyone who has followed elections over the last 5 years.  This thread has devolved into little analysis or numbers or facts.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies