CONGRESSIONAL RESULTS MEGA THREAD
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 08:25:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CONGRESSIONAL RESULTS MEGA THREAD
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 89
Author Topic: CONGRESSIONAL RESULTS MEGA THREAD  (Read 69656 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1150 on: November 15, 2020, 03:39:06 PM »

SC-1 ended up being very close.
Cunningham down by less than 1%, 50.4-49.6

I hope he runs again.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1151 on: November 15, 2020, 03:52:33 PM »

I hope he runs again.
There is no chance he would win in a Biden Midterm. Unlike Katie Arrington, whom he defeated in 2018 because she was such a bad Candidate, Mace is a good one.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1152 on: November 15, 2020, 04:19:27 PM »

I hope he runs again.
There is no chance he would win in a Biden Midterm. Unlike Katie Arrington, whom he defeated in 2018 because she was such a bad Candidate, Mace is a good one.

And tell me who those mythical Cunningham '20/Mace '22 voters are?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1153 on: November 15, 2020, 04:22:04 PM »

I hope he runs again.

Jasper county added and all the white libs in Charleston removed,
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1154 on: November 15, 2020, 04:25:08 PM »

I hope he runs again.

They'd be similar to Taylor '18/Luria '20 voters and Handel '18/McBath '20 voters.

Both Handel and Taylor were "strong" incumbents who lost due to the national environment. So is Cunningham.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1155 on: November 15, 2020, 04:26:07 PM »

I hope he runs again.

I'm not sure if that's legal. Putting too many white liberals into SC-6 could violate the VRA. I think Cunningham will lose again, but narrowly, and runs for Mayor in 2023.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #1156 on: November 15, 2020, 04:26:48 PM »

I hope he runs again.

Is it a serious question ?

Well, Trump won SC-1 by 6 so you have already a good numbers of Trump / Cunningham voters ; it's not absurd to imagine that these voters going to Mace, then you have the voters who are going to vote for her simply because she will be the incumbent, then you have probably some not very ideological voters who are going to vote for any sane republican because they don't like the Biden administration and want a check on it.

And we are not even taking into account the fact that turnout dropp-off will probably be higher among Biden voters than among Trump ones.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #1157 on: November 15, 2020, 04:29:04 PM »

I hope he runs again.

I'm not sure if that's legal. Putting too many white liberals into SC-6 could violate the VRA. I think Cunningham will lose again, but narrowly, and runs for Mayor in 2023.

SC-6 would still be majority black.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1158 on: November 15, 2020, 04:30:11 PM »

I hope he runs again.

Well, Trump won SC-1 by 6 so you have already a good numbers of Trump / Cunningham voters ; it's not absurd to imagine that these voters going to Mace, then you have the voters who are going to vote for her simply because she will be the incumbent, then you have probably some not very ideological voters who are going to vote for any sane republican because they don't like the Biden administration and want a check on it.

"because she's the incumbent"...does a great job explaining Horn/Bice, Finkenauer/Hinson, Rouda/Steel, or Rose/Malliotakis voters.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1159 on: November 15, 2020, 04:30:55 PM »

I hope he runs again.

True. What I'm trying to say is that it'll be very hard to make SC-1 considerably more Republican than it is now.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #1160 on: November 15, 2020, 04:36:04 PM »

I hope he runs again.

"because she's the incumbent"...does a great job explaining Horn/Bice, Finkenauer/Hinson, Rouda/Steel, or Rose/Malliotakis voters.

Horn, Finkenauer and Rose lost because of higher turnout, not because they lost many of their own 2018 voters.

To put it simply many lower propensity republican voters stayed at home in 2018, in 2020 they went to polls as they were attracted by the presidential race, but these voters are not D to R voters they are 2018 non voters / 2020 voters.

(Concerning Rouda, he won in 2018 only because he was facing a Putin apologist).
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1161 on: November 15, 2020, 04:41:13 PM »

I hope he runs again.

Horn, Finkenauer and Rose lost because of higher turnout, not because they lost many of their own 2018 voters.

To put it simply many lower propensity republican voters stayed at home in 2018, in 2020 they went to polls as they were attracted by the presidential race, but these voters are not D to R voters they are 2018 non voters / 2020 voters.

(Concerning Rouda, he won in 2018 only because he was facing a Putin apologist).

Explain why Mucarsel-Powell, Shalala, Cisneros, and possibly Malinowski lost as well? Clinton carried all of their districts.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #1162 on: November 15, 2020, 04:46:00 PM »

I hope he runs again.

True. What I'm trying to say is that it'll be very hard to make SC-1 considerably more Republican than it is now.

I agree but it's not even really needed, I mean Biden lost SC-1 by 6 while winning the PV by 4.5, a district which leans 10 points to the right of the country is not very vulnerable outside of a big D wave as long that Mace doesn't turn into the next Claudia Tenney.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1163 on: November 15, 2020, 04:49:21 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2020, 04:56:56 PM by Roll Roons »

I hope he runs again.

Explain why Mucarsel-Powell, Shalala, Cisneros, and possibly Malinowski lost as well? Clinton carried all of their districts.

Gimenez, Salazar, Kim and Kean were all very strong challengers, and Trump won FL-26 this time. Shahala was clearly out of step with the district. I know a couple people from the area, and not only did she not speak Spanish in a heavily Cuban district (while facing a Cuban opponent), but her tenure as UM president made her unpopular.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #1164 on: November 15, 2020, 04:55:42 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2020, 05:03:30 PM by Frenchrepublican »

I hope he runs again.

Mucarsel Powell : Biden lost the district by 5 points + relatively weak incumbent

Shalala : Biden barely won the district + very weak incumbent who actually don't even speak Spanish + strong challenger

Cisneros : Biden won the district by only 2 as he collapsed with Asian Americans

Malinowski : very strong opponent

Anyway I don't really see what is your point, with the exception of NJ-7 all the districts you listed are to the right of the country, thus it's not absurd to see them flipping back when the climate is ''only'' at D+3.
SC-1 is roughly 10 points to the right of the country, so it's not going to be especially close in a Biden midterm in which democrats are probably going to lose the national vote. (Also I would love to know who these numerous Trump / 2022 congressional dem voters are going to be).
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1165 on: November 15, 2020, 06:26:04 PM »

Nah.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1166 on: November 15, 2020, 07:37:27 PM »

Nah.

Rouda was a terrible candidate, all things considered.  The scandal about terminating an employee when they had cancer in order to save on premiums for the company health plan is about the most hypocritical thing a Dem candidate could be accused of.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1167 on: November 15, 2020, 08:06:40 PM »

Interesting so it seems that TX 15th did have an actual R candidate this year, nothing great but just a C tier one atleast compared to the other 2 districts.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1168 on: November 15, 2020, 08:21:00 PM »

Malinowksi got another boost from overseas ballots

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1169 on: November 15, 2020, 08:32:24 PM »

Globalism strikes back!
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #1170 on: November 15, 2020, 08:35:36 PM »

The Deep State always wins.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1171 on: November 15, 2020, 09:28:39 PM »

Soros and I were particularly proud of this little trick!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1172 on: November 15, 2020, 10:48:06 PM »

It seems insane how Debbie Mucarsel-Powell actually outran Biden, I thought strong candidate Gimenez was supposed to run way ahead of Trump.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #1173 on: November 15, 2020, 11:47:47 PM »

It seems insane how Debbie Mucarsel-Powell actually outran Biden, I thought strong candidate Gimenez was supposed to run way ahead of Trump.

Makes you wonder what would have happened had Gimenez stayed out.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #1174 on: November 16, 2020, 03:11:00 AM »

Nah.

Newsom lost the district 48/52
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 89  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies