CONGRESSIONAL RESULTS MEGA THREAD
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:12:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CONGRESSIONAL RESULTS MEGA THREAD
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 89
Author Topic: CONGRESSIONAL RESULTS MEGA THREAD  (Read 69306 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: November 10, 2020, 02:42:36 PM »

Marshall County, Minnesota:
Trump +48
Lewis +35

Interesting. Where did Smith underperform Biden so bad to be 2% below him?
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #576 on: November 10, 2020, 02:50:59 PM »

AP calls TX-24 for Beth Van Duyne (R).
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #577 on: November 10, 2020, 02:52:07 PM »

DDHQ calls NC-SEN for Thom Tillis.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #578 on: November 10, 2020, 02:53:13 PM »

I genuinely believe that Cunningham would have won if not for the scandal. What a fool.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #579 on: November 10, 2020, 02:58:37 PM »

Marshall County, Minnesota:
Trump +48
Lewis +35

Interesting. Where did Smith underperform Biden so bad to be 2% below him?

Hennepin County (city of Minneapolis & the inner 'burbs, more than 20% of the state's population):
Biden +43
Smith +36

Ramsey County (city of St. Paul & the inner 'burbs, about 10% of the state's population):
Biden +46
Smith +40

Marshall County is pretty small compared to these two.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #580 on: November 10, 2020, 02:58:54 PM »

AP called House Control for Democrats! They have at least 218 Seats now!
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #581 on: November 10, 2020, 03:01:35 PM »

Miller-Meeks now ahead by 50 votes.
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #582 on: November 10, 2020, 03:01:56 PM »

Should've been called Tuesday night, we had no right doing as well as we did.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #583 on: November 10, 2020, 03:02:31 PM »

What was seat 218 for them?
Junior Chimp

« Reply #584 on: November 10, 2020, 03:03:21 PM »

I genuinely believe that Cunningham would have won if not for the scandal. What a fool.
Tillis beat Hagan in 2014 48,82 % to 47,26 %
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_history_of_Thom_Tillis
Would be better optics for him if the late Ballots push him over 50 % but I doubt it!
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #585 on: November 10, 2020, 03:04:09 PM »

I think he was a weak candidate overall, even without the scandal. I don't know who else they could have run, maybe Attorney General Josh Stein?
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #586 on: November 10, 2020, 03:05:05 PM »

I think he was a weak candidate overall, even without the scandal. I don't know who else they could have run, maybe Attorney General Josh Stein?

He wasn't that strong but Tillis himself was abnormally weak. Even with the scandal, he's only getting a margin 0.4% better than Trump's.

Edit: Stein would have been a better candidate, as would Jeff Jackson and pretty much every tried and tested statewide Democrat who wasn't entirely on board with the windowless basement strategy.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #587 on: November 10, 2020, 03:08:35 PM »

Yeah, CA-25 is just too... "Karen". isn't racist enough to re-elect a white supremacist endorsing extremist.

FTFY
Fixed it, I don't know how you made the mess up, must have been thinking of another race.

Mike Garcia endorsed Trump and wanted him to win, yes?  Then guess what?  He supported a white supremacist.  This really isn't that complicated.

If that is true why did Trump win the highest share of the minority vote by a Republican since 1960. It was clear than they didnt view him as a White Supremacist
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #588 on: November 10, 2020, 03:11:22 PM »

Yeah, CA-25 is just too... "Karen". isn't racist enough to re-elect a white supremacist endorsing extremist.

FTFY
Fixed it, I don't know how you made the mess up, must have been thinking of another race.

Mike Garcia endorsed Trump and wanted him to win, yes?  Then guess what?  He supported a white supremacist.  This really isn't that complicated.

If that is true why did Trump win the highest share of the minority vote by a Republican since 1960. It was clear than they didnt view him as a White Supremacist

Trump called neo-Nazis "very fine people" and he has surrounded himself with advisors with white supremacist ties such as Steve Bannon and Stephen Miller.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #589 on: November 10, 2020, 03:13:11 PM »

I believe it was O'Halleran in Arizona.

Edit: or perhaps Schrier in Washington.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #590 on: November 10, 2020, 03:13:36 PM »

FTFY

Mike Garcia endorsed Trump and wanted him to win, yes?  Then guess what?  He supported a white supremacist.  This really isn't that complicated.

Trump called neo-Nazis "very fine people" and he has surrounded himself with advisors with white supremacist ties such as Steve Bannon and Stephen Miller.

The point im making is a sizable chunk of minorities didnt consider him to be a White Supremacist or else he wouldnt have gotten as large of a share as he did.

GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #591 on: November 10, 2020, 03:16:21 PM »

FTFY

The point im making is a sizable chunk of minorities didnt consider him to be a White Supremacist or else he wouldnt have gotten as large of a share as he did.

A theory I've seen thrown around is that, as groups like Cubans grow closer to whiteness, they're more tolerant of white supremacy. Obviously doesn't explain the broader swing, but it could also be the case that other issues outweighed his racism.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #592 on: November 10, 2020, 03:16:52 PM »

FTFY

Perception doesn't change the facts though and as we know people ignore facts, otherwise they wouldn't have been fooled by the media fawning other the Clinton emails in 2016, and realized that the emails were a nothingburger. However, that doesn't change the fact that the emails were a nothingburger. None of this makes the facts any less true.
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #593 on: November 10, 2020, 03:20:12 PM »

Why was it so close, and what took the call so long?
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #594 on: November 10, 2020, 03:21:35 PM »

FTFY

A theory I've seen thrown around is that, as groups like Cubans grow closer to whiteness, they're more tolerant of white supremacy. Obviously doesn't explain the broader swing, but it could also be the case that other issues outweighed his racism.
For Cubanos, they're certainly not getting closer to whiteness in Florida, the least "white" members of the group in Florida, those who came in the last 15 years, are the most republican, while those who were born in the country are the most democrat.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #595 on: November 10, 2020, 03:25:10 PM »

Why was it so close, and what took the call so long?

Couldn't tell you, but O'Halleran's district voted for Trump in 2016 and Schrier's only voted for Clinton by a few points. Both districts are close to even, so I suspect it was an abundance of caution for both of them. Also, I think the AP waited to call the House until they had called 218 total districts for Democrats.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #596 on: November 10, 2020, 03:31:41 PM »

Miller-Meeks now ahead by 36 votes.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #597 on: November 10, 2020, 03:32:07 PM »

Results from the Texas seats that were targeted by the DCCC:
TX-02: R+14
TX-03: R+12
TX-06: R+9
TX-10: R+7
TX-21: R+7
TX-22: R+7
TX-23: R+3
TX-24: R+1
TX-25: R+14
TX-31: R+9

Apart from maybe SirWoodbury, I don't think a single person on here saw this coming.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #598 on: November 10, 2020, 03:37:29 PM »

FTFY

Mike Garcia endorsed Trump and wanted him to win, yes?  Then guess what?  He supported a white supremacist.  This really isn't that complicated.

Trump was the most business-friendly President in a very long time. People, especially those who own Small Businesses are incredible scared about Biden/Harris Regulations Presidency. I had conversations with even a lot of registered Democrats in my State who absolutely HATED TRUMP but were incredible scared about another economic shutdown.

Shutting down the Economy, Raising Taxes during a Pandemic is not what they want. I can tell you this: The gastronomical sector as well as the restaurants sector would not survive another Shutdown like we had in March. Thousands of jobs would be lost if the Economy gets shut down again.
SenatorCouzens
United States

« Reply #599 on: November 10, 2020, 03:40:03 PM »

Should've been called Tuesday night, we had no right doing as well as we did.

If it's any consolation, Fox News called the House for Democrats election night and said they would gain "at least 5 seats."
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 89  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies