CONGRESSIONAL RESULTS MEGA THREAD (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:46:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CONGRESSIONAL RESULTS MEGA THREAD (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CONGRESSIONAL RESULTS MEGA THREAD  (Read 66950 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« on: November 09, 2020, 03:00:58 PM »

No mention of NJ-07.

NJ-07 is over, Malinowski is leading by 5, I really don't see Kean coming back. Kean is doing worse or the same as Lance in each of the GOP counties, I think in one he might be outperforming Lance by 1, but given Lance lost by 5, it won't be enough
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 03:11:22 PM »

Yeah, CA-25 is just too... "Karen". isn't racist enough to re-elect a white supremacist endorsing extremist.

FTFY
Fixed it, I don't know how you made the mess up, must have been thinking of another race.

Mike Garcia endorsed Trump and wanted him to win, yes?  Then guess what?  He supported a white supremacist.  This really isn't that complicated.

If that is true why did Trump win the highest share of the minority vote by a Republican since 1960. It was clear than they didnt view him as a White Supremacist

Trump called neo-Nazis "very fine people" and he has surrounded himself with advisors with white supremacist ties such as Steve Bannon and Stephen Miller.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 03:16:52 PM »

Yeah, CA-25 is just too... "Karen". isn't racist enough to re-elect a white supremacist endorsing extremist.

FTFY
Fixed it, I don't know how you made the mess up, must have been thinking of another race.

Mike Garcia endorsed Trump and wanted him to win, yes?  Then guess what?  He supported a white supremacist.  This really isn't that complicated.

If that is true why did Trump win the highest share of the minority vote by a Republican since 1960. It was clear than they didnt view him as a White Supremacist

Trump called neo-Nazis "very fine people" and he has surrounded himself with advisors with white supremacist ties such as Steve Bannon and Stephen Miller.

The point im making is a sizable chunk of minorities didnt consider him to be a White Supremacist or else he wouldnt have gotten as large of a share as he did.

Perception doesn't change the facts though and as we know people ignore facts, otherwise they wouldn't have been fooled by the media fawning other the Clinton emails in 2016, and realized that the emails were a nothingburger. However, that doesn't change the fact that the emails were a nothingburger. None of this makes the facts any less true.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 03:58:39 PM »
« Edited: November 10, 2020, 04:06:59 PM by S019 »

FTFY

Trump was the most business-friendly President in a very long time. People, especially those who own Small Businesses are incredible scared about Biden/Harris Regulations Presidency. I had conversations with even a lot of registered Democrats in my State who absolutely HATED TRUMP but were incredible scared about another economic shutdown.

Shutting down the Economy, Raising Taxes during a Pandemic is not what they want. I can tell you this: The gastronomical sector as well as the restaurants sector would not survive another Shutdown like we had in March. Thousands of jobs would be lost if the Economy gets shut down again.

Are you willing to go and work in this COVID infested outdoors? Also if you get sick, why should the government be expected to cover the cost of your hospital visit, if you intentionally put yourself at risk? The people who want to reopen need to put up or shut up, because this is getting annoying.

If you aren't willing to do this, then why should other people do it?
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 04:16:42 PM »

FTFY

Trump was the most business-friendly President in a very long time. People, especially those who own Small Businesses are incredible scared about Biden/Harris Regulations Presidency. I had conversations with even a lot of registered Democrats in my State who absolutely HATED TRUMP but were incredible scared about another economic shutdown.

Shutting down the Economy, Raising Taxes during a Pandemic is not what they want. I can tell you this: The gastronomical sector as well as the restaurants sector would not survive another Shutdown like we had in March. Thousands of jobs would be lost if the Economy gets shut down again.

Are you willing to go and work in this COVID infested outdoors? Also if you get sick, why should the government be expected to cover the cost of your hospital visit, if you intentionally put yourself at risk? The people who want to reopen need to put up or shut up, because this is getting annoying.

If you aren't willing to do this, then why should other people do it?
You can control COVID-19 without having to shut down the U. S. Economy again. Look at the Pictures in France every Night. I am downright scared this might be happening to us soon!

What are you talking about?
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2020, 09:51:55 PM »

Yeah

The silver lining for them however is that the unfair maps will wipe out these guys

No, they are fair maps, CA has a commission, it may just have a slight Democratic tilt and may create maps slightly favorable to Democrats, but Republican maps won out on the commissions in WA and NJ last time, so it's not exactly unfair, both sides try to game the commissions, for instance, Democrats successfully gamed the AZ Commission last time and then Republicans gamed it this time. But I highly doubt the maps that some people are suggesting where say Long Beach gets paired with Newport Beach and/or Huntington Beach become reality.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2020, 09:58:51 PM »

Yeah

The silver lining for them however is that the unfair maps will wipe out these guys

No, they are fair maps, CA has a commission, it may just have a slight Democratic tilt and may create maps slightly favorable to Democrats, but Republican maps won out on the commissions in WA and NJ last time, so it's not exactly unfair, both sides try to game the commissions, for instance, Democrats successfully gamed the AZ Commission last time and then Republicans gamed it this time. But I highly doubt the maps that some people are suggesting where say Long Beach gets paired with Newport Beach and/or Huntington Beach become reality.

Why wouldn't Huntington and Long beach be shoved together with a D commision?

Those 2 cities almost border each other lol

Because it's a clear gerrymander, from a COI perspective, Huntington fits far better with the rest of the OC Shore cities and not with Long Beach. It has a D slant, but it is not going to draw illogical pairings for the purpose of helping Democrats, that's the difference between a gerrymander and a commission map.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2020, 03:11:57 PM »

But Cisneros has a fairly conservative voting record, so that doesn't fit a certain narrative.
No he doesn't. All the CA Democrats that flipped seats in 2018 have super left wing voting records

Ehhh, Rouda really doesn't, Porter and Levin do for sure, though
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies