CONGRESSIONAL RESULTS MEGA THREAD
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 09:46:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CONGRESSIONAL RESULTS MEGA THREAD
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 89
Author Topic: CONGRESSIONAL RESULTS MEGA THREAD  (Read 69988 times)
n1240

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: November 09, 2020, 07:11:03 PM »

Didn't actually realize this but Utah County is nearly done with UT-04 (they seemed to prioritize counting UT-04 ballots). Not seeing evidence that SLC is prioritizing these ballots and them seem to have a considerable chunk left, and considering the geographical bias of batches I think McAdams is still favored as is (his best cities like Millcreek and Murray are lagging behind on counted votes while Herriman and Bluffdale seem overrepresented, which are strong for Owens).
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #451 on: November 09, 2020, 07:11:57 PM »

Given the environment, it would be very impressive if McAdams hung on in the end. (even given Owens is apparently a crackpot)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #452 on: November 09, 2020, 07:13:54 PM »

https://newjerseyglobe.com/congress/margin-in-nj-7-down-to-14405-votes/

Per NJ Globe, Malinowski is up 14K in NJ-07, with 70K uncounted (presumably including provisionals, which are expected to be heavily R). For comparison, he was up by 28K on election night. A lot of the uncounted ballots are from Morris, where Kean has been gaining with each ballot drop. This one isn't over.

Provisionals have varied by state, but not sure where the CW that they are heavily R comes from, as in places like PA, they've been about an even split, even plurality wise benefitting Ds.

I guess NJ is counting in order though? Is that why these late ballots have trended R?
n1240

« Reply #453 on: November 09, 2020, 07:16:52 PM »

Per NJ Globe, Malinowski is up 14K in NJ-07, with 70K uncounted (presumably including provisionals, which are expected to be heavily R). For comparison, he was up by 28K on election night. A lot of the uncounted ballots are from Morris, where Kean has been gaining with each ballot drop. This one isn't over.

Provisionals have varied by state, but not sure where the CW that they are heavily R comes from, as in places like PA, they've been about an even split, even plurality wise benefitting Ds.

I guess NJ is counting in order though? Is that why these late ballots have trended R?

NJ has transitioned to near-full VBM so anyone who actually shows up on election day to vote (with exception of voters with disabilities) are given a provisional ballot, so therefore these ballots will be significantly Republican.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #454 on: November 09, 2020, 07:20:09 PM »
« Edited: November 09, 2020, 07:25:31 PM by Roll Roons »

Yeah, they're counting in order received. Biden's statewide lead has also dropped from 24% on Election Night to 17% now.

NJ implemented a system that was pretty much entirely VBM, so if someone wanted to vote in person, it was provisional. Given the known partisan divide between mail and in-person, provisionals will be probably be strongly R. This is really giving me Valadao-Cox 2018 vibes.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #455 on: November 09, 2020, 07:21:14 PM »

NJ has transitioned to near-full VBM so anyone who actually shows up on election day to vote (with exception of voters with disabilities) are given a provisional ballot, so therefore these ballots will be significantly Republican.

The problem for Kean is he is underperforming Trump 2016 by quite a bit in Hunterdon County. He needs to make up a lot of ground to win.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #456 on: November 09, 2020, 07:22:14 PM »

Didn't actually realize this but Utah County is nearly done with UT-04 (they seemed to prioritize counting UT-04 ballots). Not seeing evidence that SLC is prioritizing these ballots and them seem to have a considerable chunk left, and considering the geographical bias of batches I think McAdams is still favored as is (his best cities like Millcreek and Murray are lagging behind on counted votes while Herriman and Bluffdale seem overrepresented, which are strong for Owens).
You applying Apples and Oranges here. Because of the Pandemic most of the Democratic-favorable Ballots are in pretty much in every single Congressional Race safe for New York State. Democrats voted early and those Ballots are counted first in most of the States. The later the Voters drop their Ballots the more favorable they become for Republican Congressional Candidates. SLC I guarantee you that has mostly late Ballots left.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #457 on: November 09, 2020, 07:26:16 PM »

Kean will win, probably with a 5K margin or more.

Kim looks golden in CA-39, Steele has won in CA-48 and Valadao will probably win in CA-21. I think Garcia is favored in CA-25 as well. If Owens holds on in Utah and Marianette Miller-Meeks somehow takes the lead in the recount Rs will net 12 seats for a 220-214 Democratic majority. Republicans would then have been like 20,000 votes (IA-03, IL-14, TX-15) from a House majority.

Holy sh**t.

Republicans must be kicking themselves for triaging ME-2 so quickly and not even bothering on NY-19.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #458 on: November 09, 2020, 07:29:14 PM »

AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #459 on: November 09, 2020, 07:36:44 PM »

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #460 on: November 09, 2020, 07:38:24 PM »

Given what has happened in the House races the last week, it would truly be something if Smith of all people made a come back and won.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #461 on: November 09, 2020, 07:38:58 PM »

Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #462 on: November 09, 2020, 07:39:45 PM »

Smith’s district is just too Biden for Garcia to have a chance
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #463 on: November 09, 2020, 07:40:56 PM »

Given what has happened in the House races the last week, it would truly be something if Smith of all people made a come back and won.

One-term rental it is. Garcia will win it back in 2022.
n1240

« Reply #464 on: November 09, 2020, 07:43:01 PM »

You applying Apples and Oranges here. Because of the Pandemic most of the Democratic-favorable Ballots are in pretty much in every single Congressional Race safe for New York State. Democrats voted early and those Ballots are counted first in most of the States. The later the Voters drop their Ballots the more favorable they become for Republican Congressional Candidates. SLC I guarantee you that has mostly late Ballots left.

I mean, I closely followed this race in UT-04 and know for a fact that SLC has a weird reporting tendency to drop some relatively pro R batches and some relatively pro D batches. Of the last three batches, McAdams won Friday by 18 (expected 23 based on ballot distribution), Owens won Saturday by 7 (expected McAdams+5 based on ballot distribution), and McAdams won by .3% today (expected McAdams+8 on ballot distribution). So clearly McAdams is doing a bit worse on the ballots counted post election day but it's not atrocious, and if the outstanding ballots are disproportionately distributed in pro-McAdams precincts then he can eek out a 1-2k vote lead. Unfortunately we don't really know exactly the remaining distribution of ballots as is but given that the pro-Owens cities are reporting a higher percentage of total vote than historically and pro-McAdams places are lagging behind it's entirely possible that the remaining ballots are from somewhat pro-McAdams areas.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #465 on: November 09, 2020, 08:06:16 PM »

ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #466 on: November 09, 2020, 08:06:18 PM »

No, he probably won't, if we're not winning it this time, I don't see him running again.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #467 on: November 09, 2020, 08:12:18 PM »

No, he probably won't, if we're not winning it this time, I don't see him running again.

Except if he loses, it will be by a very narrow margin. And 2022 is certainly going to be a very Republican-friendly year. And this seems to be the kind of district that will start to vote downballot like the 21st. I'll be surprised if he doesn't come back for a rematch.
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #468 on: November 09, 2020, 08:14:10 PM »

Except if he loses, it will be by a very narrow margin. And 2022 is certainly going to be a very Republican-friendly year. And this seems to be the kind of district that will start to vote downballot like the 21st. I'll be surprised if he doesn't come back for a rematch.
I'm saying, that as his staffer, I feel as though he might not be up for going another round, I'd hope he would, but still, my thoughts stand.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #469 on: November 09, 2020, 08:15:03 PM »

Well, the Smith vs Garcia was the toughest for us to get! I'm happy if we get Michelle Park Steel, Young Kim and David Valadao back + Nicolle Malliotakis & Claudia Tenney in New York!
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #470 on: November 09, 2020, 08:15:24 PM »

District will be different after redistricting. There's no Republican areas surrounding it and CA is losing a seat.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #471 on: November 09, 2020, 08:16:26 PM »

District will be different after redistricting. There's no Republican areas surrounding it and CA is losing a seat.

And yet it's likely to be very R-friendly downballot. Lots of Latinos there who Dems have become weak with.
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #472 on: November 09, 2020, 08:25:34 PM »

Well, the Smith vs Garcia was the toughest for us to get! I'm happy if we get Michelle Park Steel, Young Kim and David Valadao back + Nicolle Malliotakis & Claudia Tenney in New York!
I'm not, I enjoyed having a job.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #473 on: November 09, 2020, 08:27:11 PM »

And yet it's likely to be very R-friendly downballot. Lots of Latinos there who Dems have become weak with.

??

There's not many Latinos there. Only 33%, with maybe only 20% being CVAP and then not turning out regularly. White suburbanites+AAs moving to Antelope Valley.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #474 on: November 09, 2020, 08:31:49 PM »

??

There's not many Latinos there. Only 33%, with maybe only 20% being CVAP and then not turning out regularly. White suburbanites+AAs moving to Antelope Valley.

Honestly depends on how Biden did in the district. Then we can see if it's friendly enough for Garcia to win it back.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 89  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies