2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:01:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 748 749 750 751 752 [753] 754 755 756 757 758 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 636660 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18800 on: November 19, 2020, 04:37:51 PM »

Donald Trump is a fascist and the people who are supporting his attempts to undermine this election are traitors to the United States.

As a right leaning person, I totally agree. I saw an article from The Atlantic before the election which warned of Trump pulling something like this, but I brushed it off as left wing doomerism.  I never pictured anything this insane happening.  Why is the Republican party allowing this??

The Republican Party is allowing it because they want to maintain Trump's base after he is gone.  A lot of his voters have no use for politicians and see him as a personality to be worshiped.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #18801 on: November 19, 2020, 04:41:36 PM »

Remind me again why Hillary was wrong for saying half of Trump supporters are awful?

Fuzzy, where you at? How are you going to spin this one?

"But BLM!!!"

He was probably one of the ones who left the messages.

Shame on you for saying this. Fuzzy Bear is many things, and I know people on here disagree strongly with much of what he says-I certainly do. But to imply that he would threaten violence against another person, or engage in any kind of criminal act, is doing him a great disservice.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #18802 on: November 19, 2020, 04:45:38 PM »

Remind me again why Hillary was wrong for saying half of Trump supporters are awful?

She was not.  Around 50% of Trump supporters are literal criminals yet it's inappropriate to discuss this fact.  Instead we must allow them to engage in their criminality in plain view. 

If Democrats don't hold them accountable when Biden is in office I am going to vote straight Republican in the midterms and tell my elected officials that I'm doing it in protest of their inaction.

"The Republican Party is full of criminals, so if you don't prosecute them, I'll vote for them instead." What kind of logic is that? Why not vote for the Libertarian candidates instead?

Non Swing Voter's posts, from what I've seen, seem to be routinely hyperbolic in their tone and language, and almost seem to be the perfect caricature of the "elitist" suburbanite who is so despised by the Republican base. As I've stated elsewhere, many of those who voted for Trump are indeed morally detestable, but the same can be said for many Biden voters, and such overgeneralizations don't work to the benefit of anyone.
Oh please don't #bothsides this. We are experiencing a vast amount of republican officials engaging in an outright attempt to steal an election.

I'm aware of what we're seeing, but it astonishes me how so many on here already seem to be forgetting the lessons which this election's results should have taught us.

.... that voters are clearly, for whatever reason, more willing to overlook Republicans flaws than Democrats?

No. The lesson of this election is that the country is deeply polarized, and that Biden's victory was far too close for comfort. Moreover, the Democratic Party is victorious, but it must find ways to improve minority outreach and to resolve the divide between progressives and moderates, as best as can be managed.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18803 on: November 19, 2020, 04:46:24 PM »

Apparently some MI lawmakers flew to meet with Trump personally after his people failed to block Detroit vote certification so they're probably going to try and pull the legislature-chosen elector thing again.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18804 on: November 19, 2020, 04:46:31 PM »

Not only is this judge rejecting the AZGOP's lawsuit, they are making the party pay the state's lawyers fees.
compucomp

« Reply #18805 on: November 19, 2020, 04:48:22 PM »
« Edited: November 19, 2020, 05:02:23 PM by compucomp »

The R leaders of the Michigan legislature are flying to Washington tomorrow to speak with Trump. I'd say there's a nonzero chance a plot will emerge for the R-controlled MI legislature to appoint their own electors.

Biden was asked about this today and he said that although he won't rule anything right now, he would not change his strategy as of right now. I understand his position but honestly I'm starting to get some concern. If I were him I'd have lawyers carefully monitoring this matter and opening up a back-channel with the military to remove Trump from office if necessary.

Edit: CNN now has this subject as the lead article on its front page. Hopefully when the light of day is shined on the people attempting this coup, the public pressure will force them to back down.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/19/politics/gop-michigan-results-trump/index.html
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #18806 on: November 19, 2020, 04:50:34 PM »

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #18807 on: November 19, 2020, 04:51:19 PM »

"But BLM!!!"

Shame on you for saying this. Fuzzy Bear is many things, and I know people on here disagree strongly with much of what he says-I certainly do. But to imply that he would threaten violence against another person, or engage in any kind of criminal act, is doing him a great disservice.

It's highly likely that he didn't leave those messages, but Fuzzy Bear is hardly that virtuous. Any time there is any sort of violence from right-wingers he pivots to talking about Black Lives Matter which says to be that he's not interested in condemning violence when his side commits it.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18808 on: November 19, 2020, 04:52:57 PM »

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #18809 on: November 19, 2020, 04:54:02 PM »

"But BLM!!!"

It's highly likely that he didn't leave those messages, but Fuzzy Bear is hardly that virtuous. Any time there is any sort of violence from right-wingers he pivots to talking about Black Lives Matter which says to be that he's not interested in condemning violence when his side commits it.

As I said, I don't agree with much of what he says, and I certainly think that's he become obsessed with BLM/Antifa. But he's not the kind of person, I believe, who would threaten violence or blackmail against other individuals. Say what you will about him, but I believe that his faith is genuine, and that he tries to conduct himself morally in his own personal life.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #18810 on: November 19, 2020, 04:57:44 PM »

I'm quite happy at this point for Biden to be a caretaker President spending the next four years prosecuting every single person involved in the Trump administration and half the Senate and every group of influencers who have funded this sh-t. I want to see their blubbering faces at trial so that 73 million Americans will have to pretend to be Jo Jorgensen voters by 2022.

Every MAGA cheerleader deserves to be called a traitor to their face. No ifs, no buts no maybe's. Public shame.

Traitors all.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #18811 on: November 19, 2020, 05:01:58 PM »

I'm quite happy at this point for Biden to be a caretaker President spending the next four years prosecuting every single person involved in the Trump administration and half the Senate and every group of influencers who have funded this sh-t. I want to see their blubbering faces at trial so that 73 million Americans will have to pretend to be Jo Jorgensen voters by 2022.

Every MAGA cheerleader deserves to be called a traitor to their face. No ifs, no buts no maybe's. Public shame.

Traitors all.
I'm afraid you'll be very disappointed then.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18812 on: November 19, 2020, 05:02:47 PM »

Traitors all.

Agreed.  They better prosecute them.  No more of this unity bullsh** as if Trump and his band of criminals haven't pushed this country through the gutter.  Jail, all of them.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #18813 on: November 19, 2020, 05:04:59 PM »

Rudy is worse than any of the mobsters he prosecuted back in the day.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18814 on: November 19, 2020, 05:06:47 PM »

Traitors all.

Agreed.  They better prosecute them.  No more of this unity bullsh** as if Trump and his band of criminals haven't pushed this country through the gutter.  Jail, all of them.

Dems will literally do nothing as the GOP continues to commit more crimes and have things set up so they can actually pull this off next time with somebody who won't continuously show their hand before it's played.

The image conscious leadership who are more concerned with what Republicans will say about them on Fox than they are with doing the right thing need booted from the party.
LBJer
« Reply #18815 on: November 19, 2020, 05:07:56 PM »

Absolutely.  What exactly did John Gotti, Joe Bonnano, or anyone else in the Mafia do that compares to fighting to destroy democracy and end the United States as we know it?  Giuliani's holier than thou condemnations of the mob are absolutely laughable! 
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #18816 on: November 19, 2020, 05:09:26 PM »

Unsurprisingly, Raffensperger said the audit did not change the outcome in GA.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #18817 on: November 19, 2020, 05:10:06 PM »

Traitors all.

Agreed.  They better prosecute them.  No more of this unity bullsh** as if Trump and his band of criminals haven't pushed this country through the gutter.  Jail, all of them.

Dems will literally do nothing as the GOP continues to commit more crimes and have things set up so they can actually pull this off next time with somebody who won't continuously show their hand before it's played.

The image conscious leadership who are more concerned with what Republicans will say about them on Fox than they are with doing the right thing need booted from the party.

This is not a thing. I can promise you Democratic leaders do not give a s--t what Republicans say about them on Fox. They might, however, be a bit concerned with the insane "militias" like the one that plotted to kidnap/kill the Governor of Michigan, take over the state capitol and execute Democrats on TV daily, and then burn the capitol down. Yeah, all those details came out today. It went far beyond "just" kidnapping. And there are thousands of these idiots, well-armed and just itching to start a Civil War. It's these people who concern me the most, that's for sure. I don't think we should be intimidated by them or negotiate with terrorists. But I can see why people would be worried.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18818 on: November 19, 2020, 05:12:27 PM »

Traitors all.

This is not a thing. I can promise you Democratic leaders do not give a s--t what Republicans say about them on Fox. They might, however, be a bit concerned with the insane "militias" like the one that plotted to kidnap/kill the Governor of Michigan, take over the state capitol and execute Democrats on TV daily, and then burn the capitol down. Yeah, all those details came out today. It went far beyond "just" kidnapping. And there are thousands of these idiots just itching to start a Civil War. It's these people who concern me the most, that's for sure. I don't think we should be intimidated by them or negotiate with terrorists. But I can see why people would be worried.

My point was more that Dems seem like they've been afraid (for years) of actually prosecuting Republican criminals because then people who aren't voting for them anyway might claim they're biased. But I agree with the rest and by letting themselves be intimidated, they're signaling to Republicans that this is a successful tactic--opening it up to becoming more frequent.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18819 on: November 19, 2020, 05:20:33 PM »

These are such low-quality conspiracy theories.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #18820 on: November 19, 2020, 05:21:55 PM »

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #18821 on: November 19, 2020, 05:22:38 PM »
« Edited: November 19, 2020, 05:29:08 PM by afleitch »

The main issue is that the GOP at all level from local, to state to national are outwardly anti-democratic and have open and public disdain for the democratic process. They have increasing disdain for the cities and city-centered government. The next Trump to come along if he or she ascends power will never let that power go. Republican legislators will gerrymander and disenfranchise en masse. There's no need for an active militia as law enforcement is so far gone in the USA, they will be a branch of that government subjugation. If states or cities rebel, federal government will intervene to quash them. Resistance will be considered unpatriotic.

Half the country will watch what's left of the news, the other half will watch the crafted fiction.

So crush it now. There's no other opportunity.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18822 on: November 19, 2020, 05:22:55 PM »

Absolutely.  What exactly did John Gotti, Joe Bonnano, or anyone else in the Mafia do that compares to fighting to destroy democracy and end the United States as we know it?  Giuliani's holier than thou condemnations of the mob are absolutely laughable! 

Being tied to the disappearance of Begich and Boggs’s plane?
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18823 on: November 19, 2020, 05:26:08 PM »

These are such low-quality conspiracy theories.

The Trump campaign's lawyers are basically now down to our own CIA stole the election from Trump?  This is so pathetic.  How much are these people getting paid to humiliate themselves publicly like this.
American2020
CĂ´te d'Ivoire

« Reply #18824 on: November 19, 2020, 05:27:55 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 748 749 750 751 752 [753] 754 755 756 757 758 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies