2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:09:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 556 557 558 [559] 560 561 562 563 564 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 640404 times)
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13950 on: November 06, 2020, 11:27:34 AM »

LOL at all the love for McCain. Dems are now the party of Reagan/Bush.

Ah yes, because Reagan/Bush would've supported a $15 minimum wage, the repeal of right-to-work laws, investment into renewable energy, decriminalized weed, a public option, high-speed rail, a carbon tax, universal pre-K, free community college & trade school, & publicly-funded elections.

It almost makes too much sense!

Will any of that happen in the next four years?
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #13951 on: November 06, 2020, 11:27:58 AM »

Indeed.  The first line in Mark Kelly's election night speech was that he'd be a senator "like John McCain."

Is that what Democrats want in 2020, lol?  I mean, I guess it may be the best you can get in Arizona, but it certainly doesn't sound like Kelly will be a reliable vote for Schumer on big issues.

The DINOs in the Senate will be Manchin, Sinema and Kelly (at least until 2022, when Kelly's "moderation" won't be enough to save him in a Biden midterm)
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #13952 on: November 06, 2020, 11:28:58 AM »

Georgia SoS has just confirmed there will definitely be a recount, but that's a little irrelevant with Pennsylvania likely done.

Biden won regardless, but for data's sake, I wonder who the Georgia recount will favor.
Snipee356
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.65

« Reply #13953 on: November 06, 2020, 11:29:07 AM »

What's going on in NC? I don't remember it ever having updated since election day.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #13954 on: November 06, 2020, 11:29:12 AM »

I can already start to see it. This morning, the Trump campaign complained that Fox News and AP made a bad call for AZ (understandably so), but Fox News still hasn't retracted their call of AZ for Biden.

This is a chance for Fox News to make the first salvo and break away from Trump. Once AZ is called for Biden by the other media outlets, Fox News will stand by their earlier call and take credit for being the first to make the call.

A rift in the Republican Party has begun, and it looks like it will only get bigger and bigger...

I doubt this will be the catalyst, but I definitely agree with your last statement and I think that people are underestimating the intensity of the identity crisis the post-Trump GOP will undergo.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #13955 on: November 06, 2020, 11:29:25 AM »

Ah yes, because Reagan/Bush would've supported a $15 minimum wage, the repeal of right-to-work laws, investment into renewable energy, decriminalized weed, a public option, high-speed rail, a carbon tax, universal pre-K, free community college & trade school, & publicly-funded elections.

Unfortunately unlikely, given that a Republican Senate looks more likely than not at this point (c'mon Georgia!!), but that doesn't change the fact that the claim that the "Dems are now the party of Reagan/Bush" is a bunch of malarkey, plain & simple.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #13956 on: November 06, 2020, 11:29:37 AM »

Cope.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13957 on: November 06, 2020, 11:29:51 AM »

Indeen.  The first line in Mark Kelly's election night speech was that he'd be a senator "like John McCain."

Is that what Democrats want in 2020, lol?  I mean, I guess it may be the best you can get in Arizona, but it certainly doesn't sound like Kelly will be a reliable vote for Schumer on big issues.

The DINOs in the Senate will be Manchin, Sinema and Kelly  

John McCain wanted to do what is the right thing in his mind, regardless of the party.

I didn't agree with many of his positions, but I respected him.

He believed that we can have civil disagreements and not demonize the other side.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #13958 on: November 06, 2020, 11:29:56 AM »

Indeed.  The first line in Mark Kelly's election night speech was that he'd be a senator "like John McCain."

Is that what Democrats want in 2020, lol?  I mean, I guess it may be the best you can get in Arizona, but it certainly doesn't sound like Kelly will be a reliable vote for Schumer on big issues.

If the Senate ends up 50-50 after the Georgia runoffs then every individual member of the Democratic caucus will have oodles of leverage, so it won't matter as much which members of the caucus are DINOs and which aren't. If it doesn't end up 50-50, it won't really matter anyway.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #13959 on: November 06, 2020, 11:30:15 AM »

In a way, a 306 might piss Trump off more than a 413 map lol
JG

« Reply #13960 on: November 06, 2020, 11:31:16 AM »

The DINOs in the Senate will be Manchin, Sinema and Kelly (at least until 2022, when Kelly's "moderation" won't be enough to save him in a Biden midterm)

That's just posturing. Kelly won't break with the caucus on any meaningful votes. He will be just like Collins.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #13961 on: November 06, 2020, 11:32:01 AM »

"Biden stole the election and copied my map. It's totally wrong and we're going to court."
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13962 on: November 06, 2020, 11:32:03 AM »

I'll take whatever allies Democrats can get against both the Republicans in the Senate as well as Bernie Sanders and 'the Squad' in the House.

For me personally, I dislike the policies of Bernie Sanders as much as I dislike the policies of Ronald Reagan.  Of course, if Republicans still embraced the policies of Ronald Reagan, that would be bad enough, but they've gone off the deep end into the conspiracies and illiberal democracy of Donald Trump.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13963 on: November 06, 2020, 11:32:12 AM »

I really want to hike down to the river there. It’s a day long hike. I only got down half way last month because my friends were out of shape from not exercising because it’s too hot for them there. 108 ain’t bad but they were dying. 113 becomes bad for me. The scorpions were just really frustrating when I was there for 3 months.
TopShelfGoal

« Reply #13964 on: November 06, 2020, 11:32:41 AM »

Manchin is not a DINO he delivers significant value to the Democrats voting well more blue than one can reasonably expect from a Senator from WV. Kelly I believe is going to end up being a Ron Wyden/Jon Tester type who votes mostly with the party but is able to maintain an air of independence via personality and lack of bluster. if you think about it, that's what McCain was too- he was a supposed "Maverick" but until his later years was pretty much in concert with GOP party line on votes.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #13965 on: November 06, 2020, 11:33:08 AM »

As we saw with the Barrett confirmation, even Manchin has his breaking point.

Side note, I definitely do not agree with McCain on everything, and think his desire to constatnly bomb the Middle East was incredibly disturbing, but at the same time, we can also point out his work with Russ Feingold on campaign finance reform and his opposition to Citizens United. Oh, and then there was his unyielding hatred of torture.

Furthermore, unlike most Republicans who want endless war, McCain has actually BEEN to war.
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -3.22

P P P
« Reply #13966 on: November 06, 2020, 11:33:15 AM »

"Biden stole the election and copied my map. It's totally wrong and we're going to court."

“Joe Biden knows a little bit about plagiarism”
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13967 on: November 06, 2020, 11:33:29 AM »

(Actually not so) hot take: Once Biden is declared the winner in PA, getting over 270 EVs, Mr. Trump will do another press appearance at the WH. He won't let the news cycle go unanswered. This dude is mentally sick, and instead of letting the news unfold, he will try to absorb attention the desperately craves for. And it will be even more pathetic than his meltdown yesterday, although it's actually hard to imagine getting much worse than this. He will not stay silent once the moment has arrived.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13968 on: November 06, 2020, 11:34:12 AM »

Biden now leads in NV by 22,000 votes!
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #13969 on: November 06, 2020, 11:34:22 AM »

Nevada dumped and Biden is now up 22,000 votes.
Hassan 2022
Calm NH Lib
Rookie
United States

« Reply #13970 on: November 06, 2020, 11:34:28 AM »

Call it.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13971 on: November 06, 2020, 11:34:47 AM »

Clark County ftw!
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #13972 on: November 06, 2020, 11:35:00 AM »

call Nevada
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #13973 on: November 06, 2020, 11:35:25 AM »

Georgia SoS has just confirmed there will definitely be a recount, but that's a little irrelevant with Pennsylvania likely done.

Biden won regardless, but for data's sake, I wonder who the Georgia recount will favor.
I'm hoping Trump, for the selfish reason of calling every state right.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #13974 on: November 06, 2020, 11:35:33 AM »

Unfortunately unlikely, given that a Republican Senate looks more likely than not at this point (c'mon Georgia!!), but that doesn't change the fact that the claim that the "Dems are now the party of Reagan/Bush" is a bunch of malarkey, plain & simple.

I agree with you, but there's a definite argument to be made that the embrace of the Lincoln project stuff may have costed Democrat seats downballot. It should have been an election about the toxic and repulsive Republican Party as a whole, not just about Trump. There were apparently a bunch of people (in Maine) who thought it was a-ok their senator continued voting for rapists on the Supreme Court and for uber wealthy tax giveaways as long as Blumpf got tossed.
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 556 557 558 [559] 560 561 562 563 564 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies