2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 06:21:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 560 561 562 [563] 564 565 566 567 568 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 635367 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14050 on: November 06, 2020, 12:12:46 PM »

From New York Times

Mike Noble, a Phoenix-based pollster, told me: “That’s a wrap for the presidential contest in AZ. Trump needed almost 60% on this ballot drop, he got very low 50s. #Ballgame.”
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #14051 on: November 06, 2020, 12:12:57 PM »

Makes me laugh that Spanberger looks to have increased her vote total by 0.2% compared to 2018 and she was SO MAD at leadership for nearly sinking her. Hey clown.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #14052 on: November 06, 2020, 12:13:18 PM »

Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #14053 on: November 06, 2020, 12:13:54 PM »

I worry about Mi,Wis and Pa. the dem strongholds of Detroit, Philly, Pittsburgh and Milwaukee are all declining in population. That may make victories harder there
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #14054 on: November 06, 2020, 12:15:20 PM »

I worry about Mi,Wis and Pa. the dem strongholds of Detroit, Philly, Pittsburgh and Milwaukee are all declining in population. That may make victories harder there

All those people are going somewhere - and three of those places are Arizona, Texas, and Georgia.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14055 on: November 06, 2020, 12:15:27 PM »

I don't really pay too much mind to the dooming if people are being genuine (instead of outright trolling). It's an election on an election forum with very committed partisans and election enthusiasts... of course people are going to worry, get massive anxiety, and fear the worst. It's not uncommon behavior in virtually every aspect of our existence. It shouldn't taint a person's image on here, unless, again, they are doing it just to bait and screw with people.

Just my 2 cents.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #14056 on: November 06, 2020, 12:16:31 PM »

I think the networks want to call the presidency on primetime so later on in the day rather than this early. the networks are all bonding together to call it together. Although If Nevada gets called, then Fox would have to cll the presidency for Biden

I think/hope you're right. They're starting to call AZ-SEN (those that haven't called it already) and the NYT has been calling the PA House races, so I don't think they're actually unaware of what's going on in those states.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #14057 on: November 06, 2020, 12:16:37 PM »

I'm not a doomer but I recognize when doomer times are happening. The current Republicans are the most selfish and destructive party in American history, blocking any progress and not giving a single inch against their donors' interests, and they (probably) get to keep the Senate and be the same obstructionist trash they were during Obama's administration. Yes the Dems still have the House but the House has very little real power on its own outside of procedural stuff like impeachment that was proven to not really matter much during the Trump reign.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14058 on: November 06, 2020, 12:16:38 PM »

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14059 on: November 06, 2020, 12:16:42 PM »

On MSNBC, Ralston says there's almost no chance Biden's lead in NV will do anything but grow from here on.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #14060 on: November 06, 2020, 12:17:03 PM »

Jennifer Medina: Mike Noble, a Phoenix-based pollster, told me: “That’s a wrap for the presidential contest in AZ. Trump needed almost 60% on this ballot drop, he got very low 50s. #Ballgame.”

That is true unless each vote dump is substantially different. Why was this vote dump substantially more Dem than the last one? I don't know.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #14061 on: November 06, 2020, 12:17:35 PM »

It's obvious that the networks will make a call today. Just a matter of when, not if.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #14062 on: November 06, 2020, 12:17:36 PM »

I don't really pay too much mind to the dooming if people are being genuine (instead of outright trolling). It's an election on an election forum with very committed partisans and election enthusiasts... of course people are going to worry, get massive anxiety, and fear the worst. It's not uncommon behavior in virtually every aspect of our existence. It shouldn't taint a person's image on here, unless, again, they are doing it just to bait and screw with people.

Just my 2 cents.

Exactly.  I, for one, wasn’t doing it to troll.  I was genuinely scared.  I am so happy now.
Panda Express

« Reply #14063 on: November 06, 2020, 12:19:02 PM »

Philly's growth is decent. It grew 3% the last decade. PA will be competitive for decades to come.

WI and MI, yes they probably don't look for Dems in the future if current trends hold up.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #14064 on: November 06, 2020, 12:19:13 PM »

Just my 2 cents.
Hey that was my sorority nickname, Bait & Screw.  Cheesy
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #14065 on: November 06, 2020, 12:20:34 PM »

Hot take: Those riots in Kenosha and Philly almost cost Biden the election.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #14066 on: November 06, 2020, 12:20:38 PM »

It's obvious that the networks will make a call today. Just a matter of when, not if.

I know I'm being impatient, but in my defense, we're three f**king days into this.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14067 on: November 06, 2020, 12:21:05 PM »

What a dumb bitch
jeron
Netherlands
Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -7.48

« Reply #14068 on: November 06, 2020, 12:21:38 PM »

Philadelphia actually has an increasing population. Pittsburgh does have a declining population, but that is true for Western Pennsylvania as a whole, which outside of Erie and Pittsburgh is now overwhelmingly republican. Population growth is mainly in Southeastern PA which is swinging towards the dems.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #14069 on: November 06, 2020, 12:21:55 PM »

Just my 2 cents.
Hey that was my sorority nickname, Bait & Screw.  Cheesy

You and my college friend Deanna have that in common (sort of). I think she's some sort of influencer in SoCal these days.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14070 on: November 06, 2020, 12:22:01 PM »

I'll wait for the final Philly numbers and lower Bucks and Delaware.
Woke whites have a negative self perception so riots for them might actually make them vote more left wing as in Minneapolis.

Months of BLM protesting does not seem to have helped Democrats with black voters though which is hilarious.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #14071 on: November 06, 2020, 12:22:46 PM »

Well if the AG says so, it's very troubling. Let's put Utah under federal control and vacate their congressional seats until we get to the bottom of this.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #14072 on: November 06, 2020, 12:24:21 PM »

I'll wait for the final Philly numbers and lower Bucks and Delaware.
Woke whites have a negative self perception so riots for them might actually make them vote more left wing as in Minneapolis.

Is it possible that BLM helped in Minnesota (and maybe Georgia) and hurt in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania due to the different white/middle-class cultures in the suburban areas of those states?
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14073 on: November 06, 2020, 12:26:37 PM »

Well if the AG says so, it's very troubling. Let's put Utah under federal control and vacate their congressional seats until we get to the bottom of this.
Not to mention have a federally observed recount of Ben McAdams' race.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #14074 on: November 06, 2020, 12:26:43 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 558 559 560 561 562 [563] 564 565 566 567 568 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies