COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 02:40:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 419 420 421 [422] 423 424 425 426 427 ... 456
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron  (Read 554074 times)
emailking
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10525 on: March 19, 2022, 12:38:33 PM »

At long last, will Joe Biden rid us of this ridiculous man and his dictates?

There's nothing wrong with what Fauci said. If you don't want a mandate, then what he said should be very encouraging to you.

The only encouragement that I have heard from Fauci recently was the implication that he is near retirement.

"You can go ahead and continue to tiptoe towards normality, which is what we're doing, but at the same time, be aware that you may have to reverse." Absolutely not.

This is not about mandates. It hasn't been for a long time. The people who talk like this are a threat to our way of life. We will spend the next few years recovering from the economic and social harm that this period has wrought, and it is essential that we not allow safetyism and its acolytes to damage us further.

So you're upset that he said we might have to have restrictions again at some point in the future, even though he said he's hopeful we won't?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10526 on: March 19, 2022, 12:58:34 PM »

So you're upset that he said we might have to have restrictions again at some point in the future, even though he said he's hopeful we won't?

Obviously. We should be leading the world out of this mess, not falling behind. Our leaders should be telling us that it is our obligation as citizens to live without any disruptions related to containing the spread of the virus.

We need to fix our economy, build our way out of this housing shortage, and help the children and young people who lost important years of development, to say nothing of the war effort in Ukraine. We don't have more time or wealth to waste on this futile effort.

Ok well your disappointment is not justified. I can tell you right now we might have to have restrictions again, and if we do there's nothing you can do about it. Is it likely to happen? Not at all. But if he's asked if it could happen, he's telling you a lie if he says no it couldn't. If you asked him in 2019 he probably would have given a similar answer. There's no way to know when a deadly virus is going to materialize. And nobody has an obligation live like they did in 2019. That's ridiculous.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10527 on: March 19, 2022, 03:53:45 PM »

I don't think Fauci is a political leader. The virus could mutate into something that compels measures to be taken whether they're sustainable or not, and I don't think he should pretend like that's not possible. What I took from his comments was basically we're done with restrictions, but it can't be ruled out.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10528 on: March 19, 2022, 05:11:57 PM »

Most of the covid fear mongering is a political agenda.

We are several decades ahead of a need for a universal basic income.

And to the people who talk about how much of the developed world hunkered down during covid and the United States had looser restrictions? Well, our economy is very different from theirs.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #10529 on: March 19, 2022, 05:13:14 PM »

For no apparent reason, Austria just brang back its mask mandate "out of an abundance of caution."
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10530 on: March 19, 2022, 05:42:31 PM »

I remember many liberals said a year ago, "we did all this stuff to stop covid and it stopped the flu but not covid"

Okay.. what was your point ? No one can control it.

It was 2021 not 2121...
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10531 on: March 19, 2022, 06:23:14 PM »

Because Covid really isn’t as much of an issue as it was, this thread has turned into one where people discuss current events and policy to one where some salty anti-maskers cry about restrictions that don’t even exist anymore.
What’s next, are y’all gonna start worrying about the Ottoman Empire?
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10532 on: March 19, 2022, 06:25:26 PM »

What we should be talking about now is how the legal system should hold those responsible for these atrocities accountable.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10533 on: March 19, 2022, 06:46:21 PM »

What we should be talking about now is how the legal system should hold those responsible for these atrocities accountable.
LMFAO never change.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10534 on: March 19, 2022, 07:34:08 PM »

Are you talking about the deaths or the mandates? Huh
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10535 on: March 19, 2022, 07:37:04 PM »

Are you talking about the deaths or the mandates? Huh

I'm talking about mandates that ended up ruining people's lives.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10536 on: March 19, 2022, 07:43:44 PM »

Ok have at it I guess but I'm good not talking about that lol.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10537 on: March 20, 2022, 01:32:37 PM »

So I have now seen BA.2 mentioned briefly on MSNBC and increasing cases in Europe mentioned on CNN.

Saw a clip of Fauci being asked about new restrictions, he said he didn't think we would be going back to the restrictions but we have to maintain the flexibility to do so.
Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #10538 on: March 20, 2022, 02:32:49 PM »
« Edited: March 20, 2022, 04:47:53 PM by NYDem »

Still have not seen BA.2 mentioned a single time except on Atlas; in threads where people complain about the supposed hysteria over it. Also have not seen anything anywhere about reimplementing restrictions (though my University was late in relaxing them, only doing so in the last two weeks).

Don't understand what people in this thread are getting themselves all worked up about. I do understand why people might feel resentment and strong feelings over the imo unnecessary Omicron restrictions, but I don't see any evidence of the things people are claiming to still see in this thread.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10539 on: March 20, 2022, 02:41:53 PM »

Still have not seen BA.2 mentioned a single time except on Atlas; in threads where people complain about the supposed hysteria over it. Also have not seen anything anywhere about reimplementing restrictions (though my University was late in relaxing them, only doing so in the last two weeks).

Don't understand what people in this thread are getting themselves all worked up about. I do understand why people might feel resentment and strong feelings over the Omicron, but I don't see any evidence of the things people are claiming to still see in this thread.
The third triumvirate of ‘rona (Jimmie, Averroes, and Bandit) never really cared about the situation on the ground and honestly probably never actually cared about any of this s**t in general, they really just want to virtue signal how anti restriction they are against something that doesn’t even exist anymore.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10540 on: March 20, 2022, 07:13:25 PM »

jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10541 on: March 20, 2022, 07:24:55 PM »

I was actually glad to see the photo of the crowded high school in Georgia, which looked almost like any ordinary school year. I thought Georgia had one of the worse rates of COVID right now.

If Georgia can get this close to normal, most other places can.

Did you see the article I posted earlier that Cherokee County, the first district to open yesterday, has already had to send home a second-grade class and teacher to quarantine for 14 days because one of the students has tested positive?  

This is nothing more than an illusion of normality.

they should not have EVER been quarantined.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10542 on: March 21, 2022, 12:38:41 PM »

I was actually glad to see the photo of the crowded high school in Georgia, which looked almost like any ordinary school year. I thought Georgia had one of the worse rates of COVID right now.

Did you see the article I posted earlier that Cherokee County, the first district to open yesterday, has already had to send home a second-grade class and teacher to quarantine for 14 days because one of the students has tested positive?  

Are you okay?
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #10543 on: March 21, 2022, 12:43:25 PM »

One of my biggest regrets from the last two years is that I voluntarily quarantined for 11+ days after being exposed in October 2020- and even for several days after a negative PCR test.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #10544 on: March 21, 2022, 02:53:49 PM »

When do you think we will stop quarantining positive cases?

I’m guessing we will stop it for the vaccinated by the end of 2022
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #10545 on: March 21, 2022, 04:09:31 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2022, 06:37:18 AM by Patriot Chairman GregTheGreat657 »

It's funny how the same politicians who screeched "follow the science" ignore the science about air on planes being the cleanest air you can breathe
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10546 on: March 21, 2022, 06:07:05 PM »

Is that legally required or just a recommendation?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10547 on: March 21, 2022, 06:48:13 PM »

Recommendation although a lot of workplaces are requiring that it be followed for on-site.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #10548 on: March 22, 2022, 10:30:09 AM »

Is that legally required or just a recommendation?

It's technically just a recommendation, but it is culturally all but required.  Typically, no one would think twice if you were out in public with a cold or the flu, but you would not be received well if you were hanging out with friends and said "I just have a little bit of covid right now".

The weird thing is that no one cares if you have cold like symptoms, even if you don't get tested, but the second the "covid" label gets put on it, everything changes.  I've had people openly say that they were getting over colds and that they never got tested so that they wouldn't have to quarantine.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #10549 on: March 22, 2022, 04:13:07 PM »

Jen Psaki has been tested positive again. Meanwhile, Biden was tested negative (at this point, I'm actually surprised he hasn't catched the virus yet).

Pages: 1 ... 417 418 419 420 421 [422] 423 424 425 426 427 ... 456  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies