CA GOV 2021 - 2022 megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 09:22:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CA GOV 2021 - 2022 megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 ... 100
Author Topic: CA GOV 2021 - 2022 megathread  (Read 128450 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1800 on: September 14, 2021, 10:52:30 PM »

If I were one of the GOP congressmen who defeated an incumbent in 2020 by like 1% with Trump turning out Trumpy voters in droves I'd feel great right now. 
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1801 on: September 14, 2021, 10:52:47 PM »

Recall got almost No got nearly 70 percent, that what Rs get running Sean Hannity Larry Elder
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #1802 on: September 14, 2021, 10:52:53 PM »

The Gop blew away a winnable election big time.

A win for the GOP here is keeping it under 60-40.

Goalposts being moved in record time
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1803 on: September 14, 2021, 10:53:00 PM »

If you guys want a chuckle go look at the comments on Larry Elder’s FB page for the last “vote yes” post.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1804 on: September 14, 2021, 10:53:40 PM »

You know what makes me the most angry right now?

Larry Elder is laughing in his mansion.  

He never wanted to be governor and never planned on winning.

It was one giant and (to him) successful marketing ploy. It will be great for his radio show and the ad revenue.

He'll be announcing a book deal sometime next year about his "courageous crusade" against newsom.

It kind of makes me sick to be honest.

Kevin Faulconer would have lost, probably by 13-15, but he would have ran a serious CA-based campaign and he genuinely cares about the people.

Elder is going to bed tonight a happy camper. The grift succeeded.
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1805 on: September 14, 2021, 10:53:50 PM »

Most of you will disagree with this post, but just a reminder that there are a lot of moderate and reasonable independents and republicans who live here and are very concerned about the big issues facing this state: the absurd housing prices, the cost of living, gas prices, one party dominance in the statehouse that produces bad laws such as ones that ban independent contracting, etc. A census report came out today that California has the highest cost-of-living adjusted poverty rate of any state, behind only DC.

Nothing seems to get fixed or addressed to these citizens. They are frustrated that there is zero feasible 2nd party opposition that can at least bring some balance to Sacramento.

You don't have to be some trumpist idiot to have some worry about the issues in the state.

Just some perspective for the out-of-staters on here treating this like a team sport.

I personally know many people under 30 who grew up here and adore the state who unfortunately are essentially being forced out to other states because of the rent and their financial inability to afford any homes to start their american dream.

It's a sad situation that goes beyond any one party, but to at least some people thought the recall presented a chance to throw a wrench in the system.

A nice way of explaining a $300 million recall a year before Newsom's re-election & attempting to replace the Governor with a conservative radio host.

But yeah, let's "throw a wrench in the system" once in a while.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1806 on: September 14, 2021, 10:54:26 PM »

It seems like many on here are confident that this means Democrats will retain the House next year. It would not be wise to make that assumption.
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #1807 on: September 14, 2021, 10:55:22 PM »

Looks like Newsom is on track for a 20+ win. I expected to be within 10 to 15 points.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1808 on: September 14, 2021, 10:56:01 PM »

It seems like many on here are confident that this means Democrats will retain the House next year. It would not be wise to make that assumption.

It does mean that 6 Rs can be Redistricted out of California, the Districts are gonna be cut up favoring D's in California
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1809 on: September 14, 2021, 10:56:35 PM »

Who are the Trump voters who voted against the recall?

I don't know who they are exactly, but the fact that they're there doesn't surprise me.

Trump will not be rock bottom for Republicans in blue and blue-trending states, just as Hillary (and Biden) wasn't rock bottom for Democrats in Republican-trending states.  
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1810 on: September 14, 2021, 10:56:43 PM »

Odds are still against it.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #1811 on: September 14, 2021, 10:57:09 PM »

Dems do better with college whites than non-college minority groups.  Good time to remind everyone that the GOP is actively trying to make it more difficult to vote at the margins so the electorate skews more college educated white.  Can't wait for this to backfire spectacularly.

I expect a lot of dummymanders the GOP implements this year relying on "safe" Republican suburban voters.

I also wonder that if they continue to make in-roads with minorities, they MIGHT backtrack on this crap. Probably not though...
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #1812 on: September 14, 2021, 10:57:38 PM »

While this obviously good for Democrats, let's not look too much into it. This really means nothing for 2022, the circumstances are so different that it really is not applicable.
Pedocon Theory is not a theory
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.61

P

« Reply #1813 on: September 14, 2021, 10:57:54 PM »

It does mean that 6 Rs can be Redistricted out of California

Why stop at 6? Go for 7.

Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1814 on: September 14, 2021, 10:58:35 PM »

No but perhaps those of you who called anyone who even suggested 2022 would be a fine year for Democrats should consider that maybe partisan voters will vote the way they are going to vote and it's not going to be a landslide for Republicans like many here are claiming.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #1815 on: September 14, 2021, 10:58:41 PM »

I supported David Hillberg because this is all a waste of money and Newsom will win anyway and 'aircraft mechanic/actor' sounds cool.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1816 on: September 14, 2021, 10:59:27 PM »

Yeah, that's a really bad assumption on their part. My take from this is that Democrats can simultaneously lose the House while also defeating a number of Biden-district Republicans in the process.
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: 3.13

« Reply #1817 on: September 14, 2021, 10:59:30 PM »

Recall got almost No got nearly 70 percent, that what Rs get running Sean Hannity Larry Elder

Didn’t u vote for him tho lol
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1818 on: September 14, 2021, 10:59:51 PM »

Who are the Trump voters who voted against the recall?

I don't know who they are exactly, but the fact that they're there doesn't surprise me.

Trump will not be rock bottom for Republicans in blue and blue-trending states, just as Hillary (and Biden) wasn't rock bottom for Democrats in Republican-trending states. 

Well, I do think Hillary's performance was rock bottom for Democrats in KY, TN, MO and WV. Though of course, that does not mean any will go blue anytime soon.
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1819 on: September 14, 2021, 11:01:04 PM »

Who's saying that?
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1820 on: September 14, 2021, 11:01:21 PM »

I don't think I've seen anyone say this before you did? That being said, the people claiming that "this election will show a collapse in Democratic support precipitating a collapse for Biden in the midterms" maybe need to...reevaluate.

There has (as of yet) been no mass "abandonment" of the Democrats/Biden from 2020.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #1821 on: September 14, 2021, 11:01:33 PM »

Yeah, that's a really bad assumption on their part. My take from this is that Democrats can simultaneously lose the House while also defeating a number of Biden-district Republicans in the process.

I do think the post-2018 narrative that "the old Orange County is dead" wasn't wrong after all, just maybe slightly premature. I think the SoCal Rs who won narrowly last year will mostly be wiped out next year, regardless of whether or not we keep the House, so I agree with you on that. It maybe gives us more breathing room and more of a chance to hold on though. Good candidates running messages that resonate with voters will be key.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1822 on: September 14, 2021, 11:01:48 PM »

Who's saying that in this thread?

No-one.  It's an obvious straw man.  The only ones confidently predicting anything about 2022 are the people saying it will be a blowout year for Republicans, who are the same ones who also predicted the CA recall vote would be close.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1823 on: September 14, 2021, 11:01:55 PM »

Lol, MSNBC only needed to give an hour to the recall coverage.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1824 on: September 14, 2021, 11:02:12 PM »

Between this and D-friendly redistricting in several populous (and less populous) states, people should really rethink their assumption that the House is considerably more likely to flip than the Senate.

Also, Young Kim needs to resign.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 ... 100  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies