Trump approval ratings thread 1.6
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:23:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump approval ratings thread 1.6
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 115
Author Topic: Trump approval ratings thread 1.6  (Read 171193 times)
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #925 on: March 24, 2020, 03:48:01 PM »

This is one of those "rally around the president" moments of national emergency. An normal president of either party would be riding 80% approvals right now.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #926 on: March 24, 2020, 03:50:10 PM »

It's clear at this point that it's a rally round the flag effect if you look at the approval rating of world leaders right now you have dug for it at 60% you have Emmanuel Macron and positive territory you have other world leaders going up to 60 to 70% it's kind of damning when you consider that Trump is not even able to get to 50% during this
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #927 on: March 24, 2020, 04:10:27 PM »

MAR 13-22, 2020
B
Gallup
1,020   A
https://news.gallup.com/poll/298313/president-trump-job-approval-rating.aspx

49 (+5 since March 2-13)
45 (-7)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #928 on: March 24, 2020, 04:46:25 PM »

Also, is Gallup still oversampling Republicans?

Not sure you'd get a 49% approval with only 43% of Independents approving and 13% of Democrats
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #929 on: March 24, 2020, 05:25:29 PM »

I've become resigned to the fact that rally-around-the-flag effects are inherently illogical and irrational. If a crisis occurs, no matter who the Head of Government is, peoples' brains seem to just go into an instinctual state of support for that person, no matter how much they actually worsened the crisis. It's moronic, but I get it now that it seems to be happening universally across the country and world with nearly every level of government. I just want it to be over with as soon as possible if we absolutely have to have one for Trump.

It's kind of funny though-okay, not really- that Trump has been trying to get a rally-around-the-flag effect throughout his entire presidency. Whether it was the death of Baghdadi, the Soleimani situation, the opiate crisis, etc. it's what he always wanted; and our populace was finally stupid enough to give it to him. I wouldn't put it past him to try and manufacture more as the election draws closer. Hopefully they will flop like his earlier attempts though, but who even knows anymore? I did not think that Trump was capable of having one at all.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #930 on: March 24, 2020, 05:26:58 PM »

Also, is Gallup still oversampling Republicans?

Not sure you'd get a 49% approval with only 43% of Independents approving and 13% of Democrats

Yes. Democrats and Republicans are both 31% of the weighted sample. If you bump Democrats up to 34% at the expense of Indies, it comes down a point. It's never going to move more than a point or two though. If Republicans, Indies, and Democrats were all equally weighted (not true), it comes to 49% exactly so this is a best case scenario.
forgotten manatee
bluecat
United States

« Reply #931 on: March 24, 2020, 05:56:41 PM »

I知 not so sure that this can just be chalked up to a rally effect. Does half this country even agree that there is a crisis to rally around? Does anyone really think people on the East and West coasts are rallying around a guy basically absolving himself of all responsibility and leaving them to their own devices?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #932 on: March 24, 2020, 05:58:37 PM »

I知 not so sure that this can just be chalked up to a rally effect. Does half this country even agree that there is a crisis to rally around? Does anyone really think people on the East and West coasts are rallying around a guy basically absolving himself of all responsibility and leaving them to their own devices?

This making absolutely no sense whatsoever is why a rally effect is the only explanation.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #933 on: March 24, 2020, 06:00:11 PM »

Guys, its gonna be a cruel few weeks for democrats in terms of polling, without question. Whether it continues is still an open question.
Babylon
Rookie
« Reply #934 on: March 24, 2020, 06:12:07 PM »

Guys, its gonna be a cruel few weeks for democrats in terms of polling, without question. Whether it continues is still an open question.

History tells us it won't.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #935 on: March 24, 2020, 06:14:30 PM »

Generally, I would agree, but we also have to recognize the unprecedented moment we are in right now. I do NOT think it would be wise to extrapolate previous circumstances, however similar in appearance, to this.
Babylon
Rookie
« Reply #936 on: March 24, 2020, 06:17:13 PM »

Generally, I would agree, but we also have to recognize the unprecedented moment we are in right now. I do NOT think it would be wise to extrapolate previous circumstances, however similar in appearance, to this.

While pandemics are unprecedented, economic crises are not.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #937 on: March 24, 2020, 06:23:01 PM »

Moreover, I thought that "rally around the flag" usually happens because nations unites, that is President is praised by both parties and, of course, by MS, no???
Now the opposite happens.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #938 on: March 24, 2020, 06:29:20 PM »

Moreover, I thought that "rally around the flag" usually happens because nations unites, that is President is praised by both parties and, of course, by MS, no???

I have no idea how people like you think.
Babylon
Rookie
« Reply #939 on: March 24, 2020, 06:30:00 PM »

One could speculate that thats why Trump's boost is so muted compared to other historical rallies.  
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #940 on: March 24, 2020, 06:31:41 PM »

Absolutely, but there is still the question of whether people will blame Trump for the recession as intensely as they might otherwise due to the virus causing it, whether polarization will allow him to maintain even approvals, etc etc.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #941 on: March 24, 2020, 06:35:00 PM »

One could speculate that thats why Trump's boost is so muted compared to other historical rallies.  

Absolutely. We'll see if this "boost" is temporary.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #942 on: March 24, 2020, 07:00:05 PM »

Absolutely, but there is still the question of whether people will blame Trump for the recession as intensely as they might otherwise due to the virus causing it, whether polarization will allow him to maintain even approvals, etc etc.

I feel like I am let down by the American public enough by now to know for a fact that Trump won't bear the brunt of a recession as much as he should, especially considering how he gets credit when the economy is good. This nation is demented and warped in the way it perceives things, and it will doom us all.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #943 on: March 24, 2020, 07:05:42 PM »

I feel like I am let down by the American public enough by now to know for a fact that Trump won't bear the brunt of a recession as much as he should, especially considering how he gets credit when the economy is good. This nation is demented and warped in the way it perceives things, and it will doom us all.
If we had a fair world, Trump would not be in office. Letting yourself believe that Americans will actually look at what is happening objectively and realize what Trump is doing is just going to lead to you getting let down, my friend. I get it, it is incredibly frustrating, but the sooner you recognize it, the sooner you can make your peace with it.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #944 on: March 24, 2020, 07:20:19 PM »

I mean seriously, Conte is at 70% job approval, Macron is above 50%. This Trump popularity rise is quite low.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #945 on: March 24, 2020, 07:24:08 PM »

I mean seriously, Conte is at 70% job approval, Macron is above 50%. This Trump popularity rise is quite low.

We have a uniquely asinine system that can allow Trump to be re-elected with a relatively paltry approval rating though.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #946 on: March 24, 2020, 07:30:46 PM »

YouGov (March 22-24, 1000 people)

Approve- 42% (-4)

Disapprove- 53% (+5)

Worth noting that these polls are generally a lot "noisier" than their weekly polls, but I still just wanted to post some polling.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #947 on: March 24, 2020, 08:11:34 PM »

Why should Trump praise both Parties when just like with the Impeachment the crazy House Democrats want Universal Mail-Vote in Election & Same Day Registation for all 50 States. What the HECK has this to do with COVID-19? Nothing! Pelosi is such a Dumbass.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #948 on: March 24, 2020, 08:28:43 PM »

We have a uniquely asinine system that can allow Trump to be re-elected with a relatively paltry approval rating though.

Are we sure though? Most polls have him underperforming his approval rating in match ups against Biden.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #949 on: March 24, 2020, 10:51:36 PM »

I have no idea how people like you think.

Simple. They don't.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 115  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies