Diplomacraft: The North Sign-Ups
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:06:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Diplomacraft: The North Sign-Ups
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Author Topic: Diplomacraft: The North Sign-Ups  (Read 13808 times)
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2018, 06:54:12 AM »
« edited: June 19, 2018, 07:41:27 AM by Garlan Gunter »

Picked the Wall in part because I imagine the game gan proceed merrily without me if I turn out not to be able to keep up! But v much looking forward to making up my Watch...

EDIT: question - in the case of the Watch how should I distinguish between House and Court?
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2018, 10:46:12 AM »

Combine your points for both and treat them as house. I'll be sending you a PM regarding some other little NW only tidbits as well...
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2018, 08:18:26 AM »

FIRST STAB (ahem) AT LISTING OFFICERS OF THE NIGHT'S WATCH

Lord Commander, in command at Castle Black

Lord Lorimer Hill, 38, acknowledged bastard son to a Lannister prince by his adulterous union with Lady Tarbeck. Served his House faithfully until approximately his thirtieth year, when he took the black in protest at the Rock's latest marriage alliance among the Andals. Served as commander at the Shadow Tower for eight years until elected to his present position. A leader and warrior of honourable and hardened repute, if regarded as a little prickly, stiff, proud and set in his ways.

I: 2
S: 4
M: 4

First Ranger, currently in command at the Nightfort

Ser Kellas Caron, 29, of a Stormlands House with First Men heritage now devoted to the Seven. Anointed knight, renowned harper, and all round gallant. Incontestably the best duellist at the Wall. Much admired as a captain by his men, but regarded by his critics as headstrong, irresponsible, untrustworthy and slightly insane. Lord Hill's new selection as First Ranger, surprising many given the Lord Commander's known aversion to the new gods.

I 3
S 2
M 5

The Maester at Castle Black

Maester Galvard, 26, born to a merchant family of Oldtown, a gifted, ostentatious, eccentric scholar lately assigned to the Wall after asking certain inconvenient questions.

I 4
S 3
M 1

The Lord Steward, at Castle Black

Hallis Slate, 47, of a minor but resourceful Northern noble House, holder of his post these past twelve years, not much of a fighter but a competent administrator, whispered by some to be short on scruples and envious of the current prominence of southerners at the Wall.

I 4
S 3
M 2

The First Builder, at Castle Black

Balan Tallhart, 36, in his post for some four years, a steady, quiet fellow whose loyalty is beyond question, of relatively high lineage in the North - his brother still rules Torrhen's Square - but not of brilliant distinction.

I 2
S 3
M 3

The commander at Eastwatch

Ser Fulk Whitehill, 52, a rare Northern knight, sworn to the Manderlys in his youth but sped to the Wall after some long-forgotten slight, mishap or misdemeanour. Possessor of useful naval experience, in command at Eastwatch longer than anyone cares to recollect.

I 2
S 3
M 4

Hope they add up!!
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2018, 09:16:10 AM »

"FIRST STAB"

Lol

Your numbers are right but you may change a few things around once I give you some more characters to put places.

I'm going to start work on the first turn, that way we can get things moving and keep stuff from getting stale while a troll for a another player or two. Keep an eye out for the main game topic
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2018, 02:15:25 PM »

After some thinking (and a lightening of my schedule) I've decided to accept X's invite and join the game. I would like House Dustin please.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2018, 02:32:36 PM »

Done, welcome aboard Smiley
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2018, 12:43:33 AM »

I would like first dibs on House Stark if we get enough players, but for now I think I’d like House Ryswell. I don’t see how not having Stark be a PC will avoid much conflict, to be honest.

(If Bacon wants Stark, once we have enough players, my real first choice is by far Manderly.)
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2018, 01:14:45 PM »

I think a have enough players if you join up to support a Stark and Bolton, and Bacon seemed really interested in Stark as well. It's up to you guys
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2018, 01:44:05 PM »

I think a have enough players if you join up to support a Stark and Bolton, and Bacon seemed really interested in Stark as well. It's up to you guys

My vote would be an NPC House Stark tbh, at least for the first few turns.  Just to keep one bloc from becoming too dominant early on.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2018, 08:33:15 PM »

I'd like an NPC Stark as well

Also, I need to make a House right?  I saw something about a generator for that?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2018, 09:46:40 PM »

I would like first dibs on House Stark if we get enough players, but for now I think I’d like House Ryswell. I don’t see how not having Stark be a PC will avoid much conflict, to be honest.

(If Bacon wants Stark, once we have enough players, my real first choice is by far Manderly.)

Dereich already picked House Ryswell fwiw

I'll play Stark if the role is open but only if people are cool with it
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2018, 09:57:19 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2018, 10:12:38 PM by Dereich »

Ryswell is yours if you want it; I can take House Glover instead. I know its not on the list, but I've already discussed it with Leo. As long as Leo is still fine with it, that is. Of course, if BK gets the Starks this is all moot.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2018, 10:01:54 PM »

Ryswell is yours if you want it; I can take House Dustin instead.

Dereich I already have Dustin Smiley

After some thinking (and a lightening of my schedule) I've decided to accept X's invite and join the game. I would like House Dustin please.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2018, 10:02:54 PM »

hey are y'all cool if I play Stark I think it'd be fun
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2018, 10:06:20 PM »

hey are y'all cool if I play Stark I think it'd be fun

Ehhh, for the sake of making life easier for Leonardo, I guess we can do this.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2018, 10:06:45 PM »

Ryswell is yours if you want it; I can take House Dustin instead.

Dereich I already have Dustin Smiley

SOMETIMES I MISS THINGS, WHATEVER. Corrected.

I'm fine with BK on Stark.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2018, 10:07:47 PM »

Sorry to Dereich wasn't trying to be rude Tongue

I think Stark should be NPC initially though
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2018, 12:05:12 AM »

My worry with leaving an important house like Stark NPC is that I'd still have to create a house for them, there by if someone wants to join later, they're stuck with what I make :/

Hence my want to start with a House Stark if possible, and we're reaching a healthy player count. Derrick taking Glover just means he'll be overlord over Mormont instead of the other way around. The Glovers are an older house as is
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2018, 12:25:28 AM »

I will say that unlike the other games like this we've played, what's going on in your own realm may be far more troublesome than before, which are chosen from a rather large table randomly...

Rest assured I don't plan on this game devolving into a "I beat you in some dice rolls for the north"
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2018, 07:04:38 AM »

I vote strongly in favour of an active Stark player from the start! Can’t let the Boltons have it all their own way

Rather hoping a wildling might join too...!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2018, 08:12:41 AM »

Sounds like most players are fine with a playable House Stark, so assuming it’s fine with Leonardo, we should be looking at BK as Stark, Kingpoleon as Manderly, and Dereich as Ryswell if I’m not mistaken.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2018, 02:33:05 PM »

House Manderly it is, then. I think the only worrying NPC now is House Dustin, which has a very large army - bigger than Bolton’s, at least.

That being said, I have a fun idea of my own, which should make this all the more interesting. I’ll post my court very soon.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2018, 02:47:29 PM »

House Manderly it is, then. I think the only worrying NPC now is House Dustin, which has a very large army - bigger than Bolton’s, at least.

That being said, I have a fun idea of my own, which should make this all the more interesting. I’ll post my court very soon.

Not_Madigan is Dustin
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2018, 03:16:54 PM »

Current Player list, as I understand it:

1. Jackson hitchcock (House Liddle/Mountain Clans)
2. X (House Bolton)
3. Dereich (House Glover)
4. Kingpoleon (House Manderly)
5. Not Madigan (House Dustin)
6. Bacon (House Stark)
7. Garlan Gunter (Night's Watch)

I feel like I may be missing someone but I checked the whole topic... Anyways let me know if we need to clarify houses or if someone needs to switch. I'm writing up the topic, we're due to start soon, potentially tonight if the remaining players get their houses generated. Once the turn is up we may get some joiners; I'd rather the remaining houses not be available later in the game, which I think people will agree, as it may throw off the balance. A minor house like Flint of Widow's Watch would be allowed, but once people start making marriage alliances with NPCs it's going to be odd if someone jumps into those roles imo.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2018, 03:19:41 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2018, 07:06:09 PM by Kingpoleon »

Cyrus Manderly(Head, Age: 46]
Intrigue: 2
Statecraft: 5
Martial: 5

Helene Manderly(Wife, Age 39):
Intrigue: 5
Statecraft: 0
Martial: 1

Nikeos Manderly(Eldest Son, Age 19):
Intrigue: 0

Dyana Manderly(Eldest Daughter, Age 17):
Statecraft: 3
Martial: 0

The Manderly Court:

Eleanoh Darkstone(No relation, Age 34)
Statecraft: 1
Martial: 0

Alexios Gardener(Nephew, Age 22)
Intrigue: 2
Martial: 2

Davios Seaworth(No relation, Age 31)
Intrigue: 0
Statecraft: 0

Alexios claims descent from the ancient Gardener kings, being descended from a half-brother of King Perceon III - the only member of his family who refused to abandon their vassals for House Peake, this Lord Garth later swore fealty to House Manderly on the condition that he and his descendants be on the Court of House Manderly. Alexios’s father was Cyrus’s brother-in-law. Eleanoh Darkstone has been called “The Master of Shadows” - she reports only to Helene Manderly, and she is commonly considered to be one of the bridges of a small divide between the Northern people and the people from the Reach. Finally, Davios Seaworth, while a great general on land, comes from a seafaring family and has advocated building a large navy. Out of all of these, Alexios Gardener is considered “first among equals,” and he has commonly trained Nikeos in diplomacy, while Davios has taught the young man about military strategy and sword fighting.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies