Diplomacraft: The North Sign-Ups
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:11:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Diplomacraft: The North Sign-Ups
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Author Topic: Diplomacraft: The North Sign-Ups  (Read 14035 times)
leonardothered
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: July 15, 2018, 06:55:39 PM »

Just finished House Ryswell, Dereich do you have a court? I'm not seeing one here, just a house though you have mentioned an Allard Rivers in your orders.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #126 on: July 15, 2018, 07:27:53 PM »

Nevermind I found it. End of turn is posted, please let me know if I've missed anything, it was a bit of a mammoth update. Once I have House Reed's house in I will post them with the new turn, until then I'm at work on the trial topic and generating new details for Turn 2.

Also, some players are getting secret confirmations of orders and such, so be on the lookout for them if you were playing anything close to the vest or using intrigue.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #127 on: July 15, 2018, 08:58:57 PM »

Considering the urgency and timing of the trial, I saw that as happening first as there were no explicit plans for timings of the weddings, and it requires all parties to be at the Dreadfort per the orders. That's a fair deal of running back and forth
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2018, 09:02:07 PM »

Considering the urgency and timing of the trial, I saw that as happening first as there were no explicit plans for timings of the weddings, and it requires all parties to be at the Dreadfort per the orders. That's a fair deal of running back and forth

I thought the Stark-Bolton wedding was happening in three weeks and then the Dustin-Bolton wedding a week after that.  Manderly can always await trial in a cell or be confined to comfortable chambers at Winterfell until the festivities are over if that is cool with BaconKing.  It'd certainly be my vote.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #129 on: July 15, 2018, 09:17:06 PM »

I'd prefer it's after the weddings so I can actually attend the trial Tongue
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #130 on: July 15, 2018, 09:22:11 PM »

Ah thats my bad then I forgot the date. I'll amend my post when I get home, who all ended up attending?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #131 on: July 15, 2018, 09:29:54 PM »

Ah thats my bad then I forgot the date. I'll amend my post when I get home, who all ended up attending?

All the Lords are invited (sans Manderly o/c because he's under arrest, I said so in the announcement).  Do people need to actually announce attendance?  I mean, given guest right, that seems like it might be a little bit of an excessive requirement, but your call.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #132 on: July 15, 2018, 09:35:04 PM »

I thought the Stark-Bolton wedding was happening in three weeks and then the Dustin-Bolton wedding a week after that.  Manderly can always await trial in a cell or be confined to comfortable chambers at Winterfell until the festivities are over if that is cool with BaconKing.  It'd certainly be my vote.

Holding a reigning lord in a cell would be a serious breach of protocol. He turned himself over voluntarily and, as a reigning lord, cannot legally be confined so long as he remains bound to trial by his honor.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #133 on: July 15, 2018, 09:41:39 PM »
« Edited: July 15, 2018, 10:30:06 PM by Pope Michael Bolton »

I thought the Stark-Bolton wedding was happening in three weeks and then the Dustin-Bolton wedding a week after that.  Manderly can always await trial in a cell or be confined to comfortable chambers at Winterfell until the festivities are over if that is cool with BaconKing.  It'd certainly be my vote.

Holding a reigning lord in a cell would be a serious breach of protocol. He turned himself over voluntarily and, as a reigning lord, cannot legally be confined so long as he remains bound to trial by his honor.

Hence, confined to comfortable chambers.  There is no shame in that, I think.  Sort of like medieval house arrest/an ankle bracelet.  Look, I'm trying to give you a way to save face here Tongue  You're mistaken about a Lord not being able to be confined though.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #134 on: July 15, 2018, 10:29:17 PM »

Because someone who voluntarily turns himself over and is nobility doesn’t take a cell? Tyrion “committed the great crime of being a dwarf,” was not a reigning lord, and the circumstances of his imprisonment is rather different.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #135 on: July 15, 2018, 10:30:47 PM »

Because someone who voluntarily turns himself over and is nobility doesn’t take a cell? Tyrion “committed the great crime of being a dwarf,” was not a reigning lord, and the circumstances of his imprisonment is rather different.

So you can be confined to comfortable guest chambers at Winterfell, if BK is cool with that.  Problem solved Tongue
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #136 on: July 15, 2018, 11:19:46 PM »

A lord certainly has certain rights and privileges; many of the things that occur in or around the WOTFK are not normal protocol, so the series is not always the best to look to guidance. Tyrion was himself not a lord, was accused of the highest possible crime, and even then it was likely Cersei who had him confined. Even then Tyrion was not in the black cells like Edward was.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #137 on: July 15, 2018, 11:25:47 PM »
« Edited: July 15, 2018, 11:31:07 PM by leonardothered »

Lady Barbrey Snow of House Bolton, is henceforth betrothed and engaged to be married to Vickard of House Dustin. The ceremony and a feast held in their honor shall occur at The Dreadfort in three month's time, one week after the wedding of Lady Arsa Stark and my son, Jon of House Bolton.  I cordially request the attendance of all Northern Lords.  Furthermore, I humbly ask that the King of The North – in the interest of strengthening familial ties between his loyal vassals and offering The North yet another chance to bask in the hope and joy that come with seeing young love come to fruition – grant my daughter Barbrey a decree of legitimization.  

I think this is where my confusion came in; due to everyone being at Winterfell for the trial, they certainly can't be at the Dreadfort, and the turn is already over. They could very well be wed at Winterfell, but the arrangements for the trial were made for the timespan within these 3 months. As it stands Arsa Stark and Jon Bolton would be wed a week before the end of turn, but this trial has complicated matters. As the trial is already in motion, it isn't possible for everyone to be at the Dreadfort for the wedding.

All the Lords are invited (sans Manderly o/c because he's under arrest, I said so in the announcement).  Do people need to actually announce attendance?  I mean, given guest right, that seems like it might be a little bit of an excessive requirement, but your call.

Announcing attendance is pretty important; mayhaps not all of a house would attend, which would be important ala "Always a Stark in Winterfell". What's more, certain characters may not find travel as easy, or some intrigue event could happen at a wedding, so who is there would certainly be important.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #138 on: July 15, 2018, 11:54:42 PM »

Been tweaking a newer version of the map; as players make new outposts and villages and such, the map will need to change. Castles may even be destroyed(unlikely) but it's good to have a living map. I fixed the locations of some things, as I was wrong about where Ramsgate was...
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #139 on: July 16, 2018, 01:50:40 AM »

Lady Barbrey Snow of House Bolton, is henceforth betrothed and engaged to be married to Vickard of House Dustin. The ceremony and a feast held in their honor shall occur at The Dreadfort in three month's time, one week after the wedding of Lady Arsa Stark and my son, Jon of House Bolton.  I cordially request the attendance of all Northern Lords.  Furthermore, I humbly ask that the King of The North – in the interest of strengthening familial ties between his loyal vassals and offering The North yet another chance to bask in the hope and joy that come with seeing young love come to fruition – grant my daughter Barbrey a decree of legitimization.  

I think this is where my confusion came in; due to everyone being at Winterfell for the trial, they certainly can't be at the Dreadfort, and the turn is already over. They could very well be wed at Winterfell, but the arrangements for the trial were made for the timespan within these 3 months. As it stands Arsa Stark and Jon Bolton would be wed a week before the end of turn, but this trial has complicated matters. As the trial is already in motion, it isn't possible for everyone to be at the Dreadfort for the wedding.

Announcing attendance is pretty important; mayhaps not all of a house would attend, which would be important ala "Always a Stark in Winterfell". What's more, certain characters may not find travel as easy, or some intrigue event could happen at a wedding, so who is there would certainly be important.

Then we can just change it to Stark-Bolton in two months, Bolton-Dustin one week after that, then the trial two weeks after that.  The weddings do need to come first.  My worry with (non-player ordered) intrigue events at a wedding is the same as children doing things that weren’t ordered: namely that it reduces player control of their own forces (this more of an issue with children stuff though).
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #140 on: July 16, 2018, 02:29:02 AM »

I don't know what else to say except for that they weren't scheduled to. They were ordered to happen at a date, and the trial precludes them. This should have been a concern earlier when the warrant was issued as it directly contradicts possible orders, and at this point no orders outside of the trial are being taken.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #141 on: July 17, 2018, 03:50:40 AM »

Yes I intended to be the marriage to occur during the second turn, in what I figure would be the fourth month after starting the game, and for turn two I'd personally invite each high lord individually as befits their status. I had assumed the trial would chronologically occur "during" the first turn and occur immediately following his arrest, as soon as the judges have gathered. I assumed the trial itself wouldn't take more than a couple of days? I'm ready to start the trial as soon as reasonable fwiw
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #142 on: July 17, 2018, 05:25:24 AM »

Yes I intended to be the marriage to occur during the second turn, in what I figure would be the fourth month after starting the game, and for turn two I'd personally invite each high lord individually as befits their status. I had assumed the trial would chronologically occur "during" the first turn and occur immediately following his arrest, as soon as the judges have gathered. I assumed the trial itself wouldn't take more than a couple of days? I'm ready to start the trial as soon as reasonable fwiw

Works for me
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #143 on: July 17, 2018, 08:35:36 AM »

Trial has started, ball is in the accusers court Smiley
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #144 on: July 17, 2018, 09:45:08 PM »

I've already started work on the second turn for those who the trial is unlikely to affect, so that as soon as the trial ends I can post it as players at probably itching to answer current qualms and receive some new ones from the Wheel of Fate.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #145 on: July 18, 2018, 04:37:45 PM »

Trial has started, ball is in the accusers court Smiley

Until you said this had no idea the trial thread had been started, I wish you would have PM'd me or posted something here -- I'm so sorry for being so late
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #146 on: July 18, 2018, 05:23:34 PM »

House Reed:

Lord Troyan Reed, 40 years old, his wife is from House Mormont
0 military
0 diplomacy
Maximum Stewardsship

Lord Reed is a staunch loyal supporter of House Stark. A good administrator, he has continuously improved the finance and the economy of his realm. He's quite greedy but he pays his taxes out of loyalty. He's not particularly appreciated by the rest of the nobility because he's never participated in these tournaments and isn't a military guy.

He has 2 sons:
The first one Benjen Reed (20 years old): more interested in glory than ruling his realm. But his skills are average everwyehre.

The second one: Rickard Reed (17 years old): average skills too, he's explorating the world seeking adventures.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #147 on: July 18, 2018, 09:40:30 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2018, 09:54:16 AM by leonardothered »

You'll also need some court members, and even if you max out each two sons with points you'd still have some points left over.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #148 on: July 19, 2018, 09:26:02 AM »

I thought I’d add a bit of description to the trial. If you guys don’t like it and want a strictly verbal trial, or perhaps think my description is too much purple prose, just say the word and I’ll take it down.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #149 on: July 20, 2018, 02:21:14 PM »

Good details, though that seems a bit large and in your face for an honor guard.

Time is ticking for the accusers; hate to push justice but the next turn is resting on the trial Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies