Diplomacraft: The North Sign-Ups
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:40:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Diplomacraft: The North Sign-Ups
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9
Author Topic: Diplomacraft: The North Sign-Ups  (Read 14129 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: July 20, 2018, 02:24:07 PM »

How can I make a judgement? No one saw me any evidences.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #151 on: July 20, 2018, 03:48:44 PM »

Good details, though that seems a bit large and in your face for an honor guard.

Time is ticking for the accusers; hate to push justice but the next turn is resting on the trial Smiley

What are we waiting on?
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #152 on: July 20, 2018, 03:51:25 PM »

If its a trial, I would assume evidence and witnesses on the part of Baconking. I think its a safe assumption that "innocent until proven guilty" is a lordly privilege. Lysa Arryn even consenting to an unfair trial for Tyrion would support that.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #153 on: July 20, 2018, 04:42:36 PM »

Good details, though that seems a bit large and in your face for an honor guard.

Time is ticking for the accusers; hate to push justice but the next turn is resting on the trial Smiley

sorry it's entirely my fault, a lot of stuff going on but i'll take care of it today
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #154 on: July 20, 2018, 05:16:39 PM »

sorry if tmi but to offer a thorough explanation--

my dog isvery sick, probably close to dying, and I'm taking it a lot harder than I thought I would. the resulting anxiety has triggered my narcolepsy twice now, where I've collapsed asleep in the middle of the day (in spite of the powerful prescription stimulant I take!), slept twelve hours, and woke up in the middle of the night on my boss's couch (not as weird as it sounds, I work out of her living room). So I've been catching up on things I missed while asleep, constantly in fear I'll pass out again, while also really distracted by my dog's health, when he's whining in pain I can't not go sit down with him. Those of you who know me also know I'm bipolar, and all this chaos has triggered a bit of an episode so emotionally I've been a bit unhinged. Thankfully my boss/candidate is incredibly understanding and we still have 3.5 months until the election. On top of everything else, my close friend that I usually confide has been away and so I'm without that valve to vent steam.

Again sorry if I'm going too much into detail or anything lol but I want to be open and honest about what's going on so you know I'm not just being lazy or whatever. Just doing my best so everyone knows what's happening with me, what I'm doing, and what to expect from me right now and in the near future.

If my inactivity persists I totally understand if you need to remove me from the game, or "NPC" me for a while maybe or whatever, so everyone else can keep having fun. I don't anticipate this situation to last much longer but honestly I'm kind of a huge mess lol
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #155 on: July 22, 2018, 08:51:12 PM »

That's terrible man; don't worry about it, I think everyone would agree with X carrying on the trial in the short term? We really need to get moving on it before things stall, I'm consider in starting the turn with it in progress so people don't lose interest.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #156 on: July 22, 2018, 08:56:38 PM »

That's terrible man; don't worry about it, I think everyone would agree with X carrying on the trial in the short term? We really need to get moving on it before things stall, I'm consider in starting the turn with it in progress so people don't lose interest.

Sure, if BK can't get it tonight, I'll just neutrally introduce all the evidence in my capacity as presiding judge.  BK can send me what witnesses and evidence he wants admitted via discord.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #157 on: July 23, 2018, 03:04:18 AM »

Or rather BK is a judge while you take the place as the inquisitor.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #158 on: July 23, 2018, 05:39:28 AM »

Or rather BK is a judge while you take the place as the inquisitor.
Oh I don’t wanna be inquisitor, sorry.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #159 on: July 23, 2018, 05:42:16 PM »

Is the Trial of Manderly our turn 2 thread?
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #160 on: July 23, 2018, 11:52:53 PM »

No, that has yet to be started. I should be able to get to it soon even though my computer exploded, yikes! (Figuratively,  having power supply issues)

The trial at current state will carry over into the second turn. I planned on having a mid turn update anyways. Thank you for the patience, did King Louis ever finish their house?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #161 on: July 24, 2018, 12:13:31 AM »
« Edited: July 25, 2018, 02:38:55 AM by sjoyce »

I'd be interested in jumping in as House Mormont

House Mormont

Lord Harald Mormont [0/2/3]: Age 63. Lord of Bear Island.

House Mormont has endured. Through harsh winter, countless ironborn raids, and more political strife than Harald cared to remember, the Lords of Bear Island have kept their grasp on this half-frozen hunk of land in the Bay of Ice. In the twilight of his reign, Harald’s skills are not quite what they used to be. In recent years, particularly after the death of his wife (of natural causes) three years ago, he seems to have lost all patience for some of the more delicate affairs of state. But the maester assures him he still has a fair few years left, and he can certainly still lift a sword — though there’s been little need in recent years.

Peace is a blessing, in theory, though the endless affairs of management are occasionally grating.  Harald’s priorities now lie in ensuring that his heir is capable of taking his place. Though his tenure was marked by no great conquests, in a land as perilous as the North, he is proud to leave Bear Island as prosperous and free as it was when he first took the throne. And, given those perils, he would not be surprised if events conspired to draw him back into battle one more time.

Erikar “Erik” Mormont [2/3/5]: Age 32. The only son of Lord Harald, Erik is a strong fighter and seen as a worthy heir to Bear Island. He is presently unmarried.

Hilde Mormont [0/5/2]: Age 31. The capable eldest daughter of Lord Harald, Hilde has formally taken on many of the administrative roles of the household following the death of her mother — and many in the court say she has been running the island for decades. She is married to a local nobleman of lower status, a vassal of House Mormont.

Bryn Mormont [5/0/5]: Age 23. The younger daughter of Lord Harald, Bryn is a true heir to House Mormont’s tradition of warrior-women. She is unmarried.

Ivar Mormont [0/0/2]: Age 12. Son of Hilde Mormont and her husband.

Beric Mormont [0/0/0]: Age 4. Son of Bryn Mormont and an unknown father.

Court
Maester Tordo [0/2/0]: Age 32. Maester of House Mormont.
Domarr [0/0/2]: Age 31. Master of horse and kennelmaster of House Mormont.
Captain Hother Brask [2/1/4]: Age 28. Second son of a minor local house. Commander of the Mormont fleet.
Lady Kara Pyre [0/3/2]: Age 24. Heir to a local house on the south coast of Bear Island, she commands the largest share of the island’s fishermen.

Edit: Noticed the Mormonts are mentioned in a turn post -- I think I've adjusted everything to match, apart from the name of the Lord and the use of "sons" vs "children." Made up a couple names for the court b/c couldn't find any Mormont vassals of any sort in literature -- there are references, but no specific names.
Edit2: tweaked a few ages to make more sense -- assume that's fine before the turn starts & i formally enter the game?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #162 on: July 24, 2018, 03:46:12 AM »

alright everyone! thank you for accommodating me with the delay Smiley court thread update incoming
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #163 on: July 24, 2018, 08:39:49 AM »

alright everyone! thank you for accommodating me with the delay Smiley court thread update incoming

I think I speak for all of us when I say that we understand if there are any more delays, and you can certainly post it here or PM me if you need to vent about anything else to let off steam.

Now, then: Let the games trial begin!
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #164 on: July 24, 2018, 09:59:53 PM »

I'd be interested in jumping in as House Mormont

House Mormont

Lord Harald Mormont [0/3/3]: Age 61. Lord of Bear Island.

House Mormont has endured. Through harsh winter, countless ironborn raids, and more political strife than Harald cared to remember, the Lords of Bear Island have kept their grasp on this half-frozen hunk of land in the Bay of Ice. In the twilight of his reign, Harald’s skills are not quite what they used to be. In recent years, particularly after the death of his wife (of natural causes) three years ago, he seems to have lost all patience for some of the more delicate affairs of state. But the maester assures him he still has a fair few years left, and he can certainly still lift a sword — though there’s been little need in recent years.

Peace is a blessing, in theory, though the endless affairs of management are occasionally grating.  Harald’s priorities now lie in ensuring that his heir is capable of taking his place. Though his tenure was marked by no great conquests, in a land as perilous as the North, he is proud to leave Bear Island as prosperous and free as it was when he first took the throne. And, given those perils, he would not be surprised if events conspired to draw him back into battle one more time.

Erikar “Erik” Mormont [2/3/5]: Age 35. The only son of Lord Harald, Erik is a strong fighter and seen as a worthy heir to Bear Island. He is presently unmarried.

Hilde Mormont [0/5/2]: Age 31. The capable eldest daughter of Lord Harald, Hilde has formally taken on many of the administrative roles of the household following the death of her mother — and many in the court say she has been running the island for decades. She is married to a local nobleman of lower status, a vassal of House Mormont.

Bryn Mormont [5/0/5]: Age 25. The younger daughter of Lord Harald, Bryn is a true heir to House Mormont’s tradition of warrior-women. She is unmarried.

Ivar Mormont [0/0/1]: Age 10. Son of Hilde Mormont and her husband.

Beric Mormont [0/0/0]: Age 6. Son of Bryn Mormont and an unknown father.

Court
Maester Tordo [0/2/0]: Age 32. Maester of House Mormont.
Domarr [0/0/2]: Age 31. Master of horse and kennelmaster of House Mormont.
Captain Hother Brask [2/1/4]: Age 28. Second son of a minor local house. Commander of the Mormont fleet.
Lady Kara Pyre [0/3/2]: Age 24. Heir to a local house on the south coast of Bear Island, she commands the largest share of the island’s fishermen.

Edit: Noticed the Mormonts are mentioned in a turn post -- I think I've adjusted everything to match, apart from the name of the Lord and the use of "sons" vs "children." Made up a couple names for the court b/c couldn't find any Mormont vassals of any sort in literature -- there are references, but no specific names

I'd have suggested Karstark, but yes accepted as House Mormont, welcome aboard. I would say that the youngest member of your house would be a Snow if he has an unknown father unless he was legitimized by the King in the North.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #165 on: July 24, 2018, 10:11:55 PM »

I asked permission for if my thing was okay. By the way, an honor guard by definition are sworn to turn on their liege in the case of him breaking his honor. That was kind out of turn by Baconomics - I suspect he missed my post about it here for obvious and understandable reasons. That being said, I think it would be fun for a defendant to be in charge of his guards unless he tries to escape or betray his oath. It’s basically a “you’re in charge but you can’t do anything” respect for a fellow lord. If you guys don’t like it, I’ll narrow it down to like six guards.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #166 on: July 24, 2018, 10:13:54 PM »

I asked permission for if my thing was okay. By the way, an honor guard by definition are sworn to turn on their liege in the case of him breaking his honor. That was kind out of turn by Baconomics - I suspect he missed my post about it here for obvious and understandable reasons. That being said, I think it would be fun for a defendant to be in charge of his guards unless he tries to escape or betray his oath. It’s basically a “you’re in charge but you can’t do anything” respect for a fellow lord. If you guys don’t like it, I’ll narrow it down to like six guards.

Could you reduce it to six as a compromise with the condition they won't actually be used?  I'm trying really hard to make sure this is a fair trial, so it's only reasonable that I try to compromise on stuff like this too in the interest of being accommodating to the accused Smiley
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #167 on: July 24, 2018, 10:20:51 PM »

Could you reduce it to six as a compromise with the condition they won't actually be used?  I'm trying really hard to make sure this is a fair trial, so it's only reasonable that I try to compromise on stuff like this too in the interest of being accommodating to the accused Smiley

Thank you, I will. I will retcon it - assuming no one objects - and Baconomics can retcon his opening statement as well. I don’t intend to use them, but I figured that at least some of those that accompanied the Lord Manderly to the trial should enter. We’ll assume the rest are working with the city guards to keep anyone from inciting the crowds or ruling them up.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #168 on: July 24, 2018, 10:45:36 PM »

I'd have suggested Karstark, but yes accepted as House Mormont, welcome aboard. I would say that the youngest member of your house would be a Snow if he has an unknown father unless he was legitimized by the King in the North.

I wasn't sure about that -- the daughters of both Maege and (I think) Alysanne Mormont are Mormonts rather than Snows, despite their fathers being unknown. Not sure if this was because the rules are different for bastard children of noblewomen, given the certainty about their parentage -- I couldn't find any non-Targaryen examples. May also be that the Mormonts just keep their own traditions and no one else cares to intervene, which feels in-character.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #169 on: July 24, 2018, 10:47:17 PM »

*snip* May also be that the Mormonts just keep their own traditions and no one else cares to intervene, which feels in-character.

This sounds about right, imo.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #170 on: July 24, 2018, 11:07:13 PM »

There we go. I think you’ll find my questions most beneficial to the course of the trial.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #171 on: July 25, 2018, 12:16:11 AM »

Thank you, I will. I will retcon it - assuming no one objects - and Baconomics can retcon his opening statement as well. I don’t intend to use them, but I figured that at least some of those that accompanied the Lord Manderly to the trial should enter. We’ll assume the rest are working with the city guards to keep anyone from inciting the crowds or ruling them up.

Actually if it's okay I'd like to insist on keeping the exchange and requiring your men to leave the room (or at least require the allowed six to be a significant distance behind you, like up against the wall or something).

In character, the harsh reaction is entirely intentional on my part. Cregan is frustrated by and more than a little bit suspicious about the size of your personal guard. He can't do anything about it because of his unyielding adherence to Northern traditions such as hospitality and guest right, but privately he's outraged. Cregan just wanted a quick and simple trial, but you show up with 36 landed knights -- and Cregan considers himself obligated to individually treat with each of them, attentively offering individually-tailored hospitality and accommodations befitting their status as members of the landed nobility. (Note that knightly houses are a foreign concept to the North outside of Manderly lands, so while the rest of Westeros treats knightly houses as "lesser nobility" with fewer privileges, that distinction does not exist in the North). In general Cregan also has a low opinion of knights in general due to some personal incidents that occurred when he was a kid, being fostered in the Riverlands at House Blackwood -- as a result he is very much NOT fond of having three dozen knights gallivanting throughout his castle.

Cregan's attitude towards your honor guard is very much motivated entirely out of spite lol. I think it's reasonable to assume it's technically prohibited to have personal guards at one's side during a trial, even if the norm is to waive/ignore the rule so that honor guards can accompany accused lords during their trials. In this case though Cregan is being a dick, forcing you to tell your men to stand down, because it's his one way to say a "f-ck you" to the knights currently all over the place in Winterfell.

I hope this is cool?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #172 on: July 25, 2018, 02:15:44 PM »

That’s fine. I don’t intend to object to anything that isn’t going to really effect the trials. I just brought the honor guard because it would have been very... sad for someone to use intrigue against me in the trial.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #173 on: July 27, 2018, 02:23:51 AM »

As things have been settled...

Turn 2 will be posted this Sunday at the latest, but I expect to have plenty of time tomorrow night. House Reed and Mormont should be expecting missives from me if there are questions and the trial will be solved in a mid turn update. Thank you again for your patience as this has been a learning experience as to what to expect from this board in player to player drama and the lack of need of kindling to get it going ;}

Hope people enjoy things so far and of course feel free to ask any questions necessary.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #174 on: July 28, 2018, 11:13:34 PM »

The turn is nearly done, I am in the process of adding the new players. House Reed still needs to distribute their points correctly.

I will also ask that everyone send ALL orders sent after the turn ended if you want me to recount them. I would also ask that everyone post their family trees once more in the Turn 1 Topic. I have some in PMs, I have some scattered throughout the topic and they've become too hard to track down, part of that has been my poor record keeping due to working on three different PCs while I've been updating.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies