Diplomacraft: The North Sign-Ups
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:45:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Diplomacraft: The North Sign-Ups
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: Diplomacraft: The North Sign-Ups  (Read 14075 times)
leonardothered
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2018, 03:24:58 PM »

I'd argue they're not "northern", which is a good thing imo as you're andal and supposed to be set apart. Remember to include ages as well as their place in family in relation to the head of the house. Spouses are "free" and have stats of 0/0/0 unless points are added to make it otherwise, but spouses are by no means required.

You also need to draw up a court as well, which is anywhere from 2 to 5 extra characters, with 20 points in your pool for that.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2018, 12:09:49 AM »

House Dustin

Gideon Dustin (Head of House, Age 43)

Intrigue:  2
Statecraft:  4
Martial:  4

Meera Dustin (Wife of Gideon, Age 41)

Intrigue:  0
Statecraft: 0
Martial:  0

Vickard Dustin (Firstborn Son of Gideon, Age 19)

Intrigue:  1
Statecraft: 4
Martial:  3

Konrad Dustin (Secondborn Son of Gideon, Age 17)

Intrigue:  4
Statecraft: 2
Martial:  5

Taria Dustin (Firstborn Daughter of Gideon, Age 16)

Intrigue:  4
Statecraft:  3
Martial:  1

Court of House Dustin

Garrick Snow (Age 24)

Intrigue:  5
Statecraft:  1
Martial:  2

Wilhelm Snow (Age 21)

Intrigue:  2
Statecraft:  4
Martial:  4

(I hope all the numbers add up.  Both sons, the Daughter, and the members of the court are all unmarried.  Also, the Snows of the Court are unrelated to Gideon.)

leonardothered
United States

« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2018, 10:56:16 PM »

1. Jackson Hitchcock
2. X
3. Garlan
4. Kingpoleon
5. Madigan

Those are who I have houses from, so we still need Dereich(Glover) and Bacon(Stark) before we can start. I also have some more info for certain players I'll be sending out once I get the houses.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2018, 06:00:03 AM »

1. Jackson Hitchcock
2. X
3. Garlan
4. Kingpoleon
5. Madigan

Those are who I have houses from, so we still need Dereich(Glover) and Bacon(Stark) before we can start. I also have some more info for certain players I'll be sending out once I get the houses.

I thought Dereich was doing House Ryswell
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2018, 08:59:30 AM »

Either way Smiley
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2018, 02:39:57 PM »

This weekend is a great time to start things! I plan on writing up the turn and getting things moving quite soon as I have a lot of free time house sitting for my boss, let's get the rest of those houses in! Cheesy
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2018, 05:48:58 PM »

House Stark

(this is only about like half of the notes I prepared for this but I had to physically force myself to stop writing soooooooooooo muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch mooooooooooooore than required)

Cregan "The Cold" Stark [3/5/0]: Age 35. Lord of Winterfell and King of Winter.

A year into his second winter as a boy, young Cregan grew bored with confines of Winterfell and decided to have an adventure. It was deep into Winter and he had formed close friendships with several boys from the Hill Clans who were residing in Winter Town for the season. He gathered these friends - a dozen in all - and persuaded each of them to come along with him. During a bout of unseasonably warm weather, he successfully led his twelve companions into the wilderness without being spotted. The group set out for Castle Cerwyn, as Cregan wanted to introduce his new friends its young lord, with whom he was well acquainted. Unfortunately, however, disaster struck. A fierce blizzard struck without warning. They were utterly exposed to the elements, miles from any possible shelter.

Just as the blizzard hit Winterfell, Lord Theon Stark was informed that his son and the others could not be found. He urgently sounded the alarm, sending out riders in every direction. Lord Theon himself led a search party into the snowstorm, searching well into the night and refusing to give up hope. The boys were found huddled closely together for warmth, nearly consumed by the snow that was still building up all around them. Twelve of the boys were dead. In the center, Cregan was still breathing, if only barely, cocooned by the stiff bodies of his former companions.

The boy had severe frostbite, unconscious for days. The maester did not expect him to survive. And yet -- he did. Cregan was covered in scars, both mental and physical. He would be crippled and weak for the rest of his life. He was the heir to a great house, yet would never be able to even lift a sword.

In a rugged martial society like the North, one would assume such a man would make a terrible ruler. However, Cregan learned to adapt. He was traumatized and blamed himself harshly. He led his twelve companions to their deaths yet he survived. He earned his epithet as much for his cold and distant demeanor in his teenage years, as for his near-death experience.

As he matured he gained much wisdom from his tragedy. Never again would he allow himself to be negligent towards the needs of those in his care. He would always do his best, for vassal lords and smallfolk alike. Cregan is diligent, just, humble, and wise -- with his capable administration and personal kindness, he is beloved as Lord of Winterfell and King of Winter even in spite of his weak and broken body.

Arsa Stark[0/1/0]: Age 24. Younger sister of Lord Cregan. Maiden. Self-taught in basic stewardship skills -- between the death of Lord Cregan's second wife and the marriage between Rodwell and Mariah she was required to perform the roles traditionally required of the Lady of Winterfell (maintaining household budget, managing servant staff)

Rodwell "Hardbone" Stark [5/4/2]: age 18. Oldest son and heir of Lord Cregan. Earned his nickname as a child when he fell from a great height while climbing the walls of Winterfell -- even though he landed on the hard and rocky ground, not a single bone in his body was broken. Married to Mariah Cassel, with a two year old son named Rodwell. Unusually, they married for love -- Lord Cregan permitted the marriage during the fifth year of winter to provide hope and entertainment to his people during the long winter( Winterfell and the adjacent Winter Town are a very close-knit group during long winters, with so many people in such limited confines. Rodwell and Mariah were both well-known and well-liked throughout the community)

Harlon Stark [2/3/4]: Age 16. Second son of Lord Cregan.

Osrick Stark [0/0/2]: Age 13. Third son of Lord Cregan. Young, but with a natural talent for swordplay and military tactics. Mother died during childbirth.

Lyarra Stark[0/0/0]: Age 10. Oldest daughter of Lord Cregan and first child with his second wife

Branda Stark [0/0/0]: Age 7. Second daughter of Lord Cregan, twins with Brandon. Mother died during childbirth.

Brandon Stark [0/0/0]: Age 7. Fourth and youngest son of Lord Cregan, twins with Branda. Mother died during childbirth.

Rodrick Stark [0/0/0]: Age 2. Son of Rockwell Stark and Mariah Cassel

Benjen Snow [0/2/2]: Age 16. bastard son of Cregan's deceased younger brother Brennard.

Mariah Cassel [0/2/0]: Age 18. Wife of Rodwell Stark. Currently performs the duties traditionally required of the Lady of Winterfell. Member of House Cassel, a local noble family sworn to serve House Stark who live within Winterfell itself.

Eddard Mollen [2/3/1] Age 44: Castellan and Steward of Winterfell. Member of House Mollen, a local noble family sworn to serve House Stark who live within Winterfell itself.

Jon Poole [0/0/4] Age 38: Master-at-Arms of Winterfell. Member of House Poole, a local noble family sworn to serve House Stark who live within Winterfell itself.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2018, 05:52:37 PM »
« Edited: July 09, 2018, 01:23:50 PM by Baconomics 🐖 »

here's a family tree in case the descriptions alone are too confusing

black name = alive
grey name = dead

right click ---> open in new tab to see a bigger version

edit: I mislabled Osrick as Ulric

leonardothered
United States

« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2018, 07:12:13 PM »

Excellent! Good descriptions too, feel free to keep world building
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2018, 07:18:21 PM »

Excellent! Good descriptions too, feel free to keep world building

Oh, we can do that?  I'll write up some for my House too.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2018, 07:56:22 PM »

There are certain guidelines but they mostly have to do with both of you being offshoots of the main house branch, which died off during the winter or in the war before, for story reasons. Also try not to have back stories that would affect the entire North's, like "and then he fought in the war with House Frey".

I'll send you each a little snippet tonight as I've given the previous war more thought, but there are multiple perspectives in what happened, and the entity oicture of that war is still muddy given how many of its main perpetrators died. It's necessary for our "fresh start" approach we're taking
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2018, 02:09:33 PM »

Dereich still working on his stuff, but rest assured the topic will be up tonight. GF is going to see Widespread Panic and I have plenty of time tonight :}
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2018, 10:48:09 PM »

The topic is up, I figure we can keep this one around for discussion, and the game has officially begun! I'll be posting a better explanation about the previous war to help people who want to flash out back stories as people are having fun with that. We are still accepting players as well, especially if someone wants to play beyond the wall
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2018, 03:50:17 PM »

The topic is up, I figure we can keep this one around for discussion, and the game has officially begun! I'll be posting a better explanation about the previous war to help people who want to flash out back stories as people are having fun with that. We are still accepting players as well, especially if someone wants to play beyond the wall

When is this turn due (and how long will turns be generally)?

do we need to BCC you in PM's like we had to do in Lumine's game or is that not the case here (that was the only other one of these I've played lol)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2018, 04:34:52 PM »

also random question - when you list House Flint as a vassal of White Harbor is that just Widow's Watch or does that include Flint's Finger as well (I'm sure the Flints of the Mountain are part of the Mountain Clans lol)
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2018, 05:42:11 PM »

There are maaany branches of House Flint

After an hour I was having trouble with vassal names lol
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2018, 10:45:30 PM »

There are maaany branches of House Flint

After an hour I was having trouble with vassal names lol

When does turn end?
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2018, 12:46:21 AM »

I'll sign up as House Umber

leonardothered
United States

« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2018, 02:42:35 AM »

Cool, but make sure to get your house in ASAP

I am NOT required to be BCCed in messages in this game. The turn will end in a week from today, to give everyone time to think and plot. I will likely give a mid turn update if enough people get orders in
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2018, 07:47:12 PM »
« Edited: July 05, 2018, 10:33:14 PM by badgate »

House Umber

Lord Ossfryd "The Hammer" Umber (Age 45, widowed)
I: 3
S: 5
M: 5

Morton "The Axe" Umber (Age 29, married to Lady Goode Umber, heir to Lord Ossfryd)
I: 0
S: 4
M: 4

Lady Goode Umber
S: 2
M: 0

Franc "The Clever" Umber (Age 26, unmarried)
I: 4
S: 3

Jon Umber (Age 25, unmarried)
S: 1
M: 3

Maiden Umber (Age 17, unmarried)
S: 1

Court of Last Hearth

Mors "The Sight" Umber (Age 44, brother to Lord Ossfryd, widowed)
I: 5
S: 3
M: 1

Brood "Bloodborne" Snow (Age 39)
I: 4
S: 0
M: 5

leonardothered
United States

« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2018, 10:27:08 PM »

I think you have 6 or so points too many; each house member costs costs 1 point.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2018, 11:17:00 PM »

I think you have 6 or so points too many; each house member costs costs 1 point.

Including women and court members? Just checking before I deduct anything
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2018, 11:18:17 PM »
« Edited: July 05, 2018, 05:01:40 PM by X Marks The Spot »

I believe so
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2018, 04:41:17 PM »

Leo?
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2018, 08:21:49 PM »

Spouses are free, but that only applies to Morton here, and yes women count and members of the court are their own pool of points. Sorry I've been trying to get ready for vacation this weekend Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies