Diplomacraft: The North Sign-Ups (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:06:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Diplomacraft: The North Sign-Ups (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Diplomacraft: The North Sign-Ups  (Read 14012 times)
Dereich
YaBB God

« on: June 14, 2018, 09:36:27 PM »
« edited: July 10, 2018, 10:39:39 AM by Dereich »

I would like Ryswell.

HOUSEHOLD:

Jon Ryswell (Deceased Head of House Ryswell, died 7 years prior at age 49)

Lord Jon was an ambitious man. Having spent several years adventuring and serving as a mercenary in the southern lands, he married a Crannogwoman with a view of expanding his holdings south of the Saltspear. Years of focus on expansion, neglect on preparation for winter, and contempt of Northern politics left House Ryswell in a poor situation when winter came and with few friends willing to provide support. Though he scrambled to correct his mistakes, Lord Jon was unable to undue his folly as he died in the first year of winter, falling through the ice on a lake he had misjudged to be firm.

Cley Ryswell (24, Current Head of House)

Intrigue: 2
Statecraft: 5
Martial: 2

Taking over House Ryswell at age 17, Cley Ryswell by necessity quickly learned the skills of administration. Popular among his vassals for managing the mess left by Lord Jon, Cley's clever rationing and administration of resources managed to blunt the worst effects of the winter. An excellent horseman, Cley's over-reliance on cavalry and lack of understanding of infantry or siege tactics could prove an issue in battle.

Donner Ryswell (22, brother of Lord Cley)

Intrigue: 1
Statecraft: 2
Martial: 3

The second son, Donner has long expected to follow in his father's footsteps by adventuring in the strange lands to the South. Kept at court by his mother and brother until Lord Cley is married and succession is assured, Donner sits and waits in boredom. An excellent horseman and popular with soldiers, Donner's impulsive nature keeps him from being a truly great fighter.

Serena Ryswell (19)
Statecraft: 3
Martial: 1

Raised in expectation to aid her father's ambitions through marriage, Serena is ladylike and quick-witted. However, as she does not direct her thoughts towards court machinations like her mother or spend her free time riding horseback like her brothers, she does not excel in other areas.

Barthogan Ryswell (54, Brother of Lord Jon and Uncle of Lord Cley)

Intrigue: 3
Statecraft: 0
Martial: 4

Barthogan Ryswell always expected to rule the Rills. Calling himself Barthogan the Loyal (and behind his back called Barthogan the Homebody), the younger brother stayed at home while the older brother recklessly threw himself into danger south of the Neck. When his brother returned safe and sound, Barthogan sullenly took up arms and applied himself as a soldier of fortune around the North. In this he excelled, hampered only by the low morale caused by being a strict disciplinarian and by an inflated view of his own skill. After most recently fighting for House Bolton in their conflict, Barthogan returned to the Rills in time for his brother's death. Barthogan expected that, as an experienced and adult member of the House, he would easily be able to supplant his nephew as its head. He might very well have been correct, had he not alienated nearly everyone at court through his arrogance and rudeness. Barrogan now once again sullenly serves as military adviser to a lord he thinks he is better than. 

Jyana Ryswell (52, Widow to Lord Jon)

Intrigue: 4
Statecraft: 1
Martial: 3

The widow to Lord Jon, Jyana Ryswell was a key part of her husband's plans for expanding south of the Saltspear and did much to exacerbate her husband's ambitions. A Crannogwoman, Jyana is unrefined and is looked down on as almost uncivilized. However, she is unquestionably canny and serves a vital role in protecting her son's rule from his enemies, his uncle being chief among them.

Court:
(I'll probably fill in descriptions at some point)

Allard Rivers (Age 51)
Intrigue: 4
Statecraft: 2
Martial: 4

Errard Branch (Age 43)
Statecraft: 3
Martial: 2

Dominick Ryder (Age 9)
Intrigue: 0
Statecraft: 1
Martial: 0
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 09:57:19 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2018, 10:12:38 PM by Dereich »

Ryswell is yours if you want it; I can take House Glover instead. I know its not on the list, but I've already discussed it with Leo. As long as Leo is still fine with it, that is. Of course, if BK gets the Starks this is all moot.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 10:06:45 PM »

Ryswell is yours if you want it; I can take House Dustin instead.

Dereich I already have Dustin Smiley

After some thinking (and a lightening of my schedule) I've decided to accept X's invite and join the game. I would like House Dustin please.

SOMETIMES I MISS THINGS, WHATEVER. Corrected.

I'm fine with BK on Stark.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 03:51:25 PM »

If its a trial, I would assume evidence and witnesses on the part of Baconking. I think its a safe assumption that "innocent until proven guilty" is a lordly privilege. Lysa Arryn even consenting to an unfair trial for Tyrion would support that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies