MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 05:32:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 55
Author Topic: MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins  (Read 68291 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: July 29, 2020, 02:26:03 PM »

LMAO

Kennedy himself is white, well-off, and well-educated, so it's absolutely ridiculous that he or his campaign surrogates would say something like this. This only intensifies my support for Markey, who really does need to show this arrogant and entitled congressman the door.

Kennedy is really making all the wrong strategic moves right now. His debate performance was lackluster, he bungled an "attack" on Markey's campaign team claiming that they were ignoring the voters of towns that have been under the Quabbin since the '30s, he fails to get a Globe endorsement, and then he whines to the Globe in the aftermath of their endorsement of Markey. Really good look.

I certainly agree, and the polls indicate that this race remains a tossup. Kennedy's errors could very well be what gets Markey across the finish line. And Markey himself has been taking this primary seriously, as he should. Again, what does Kennedy offer (aside from youth) that Markey doesn't? They are both generic liberal, establishment Democrats.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #476 on: July 29, 2020, 02:44:05 PM »

To me, the most exciting thing about this race is that if Kennedy loses, his career is basically over. The thought of that just makes me happy.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #477 on: July 29, 2020, 02:59:56 PM »

LMAO

I know how to win an election, trashing the local newspaper while the president of the other party is constantly attacking the free press

lot of 4D chess here
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #478 on: July 29, 2020, 05:08:39 PM »

Galaxy brain moves from JKIII here
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #479 on: July 29, 2020, 05:57:19 PM »

Hang on, hang on. A Kennedy is decrying something as white, well-off and well-educated?

A F***ING KENNEDY IS DECRYING SOMEONE ELSE AS WHITE, WELL-OFF AND WELL-EDUCATED?!

HOW STUPID CAN A PERSON BE?!?!
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #480 on: July 29, 2020, 06:16:42 PM »

Hang on, hang on. A Kennedy is decrying something as white, well-off and well-educated?

A F***ING KENNEDY IS DECRYING SOMEONE ELSE AS WHITE, WELL-OFF AND WELL-EDUCATED?!

HOW STUPID CAN A PERSON BE?!?!

To quote AVGN:

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!
W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

« Reply #481 on: July 29, 2020, 06:36:31 PM »

Loving Kennedy's Globe endorsement meltdown. This man was literally raised in the highest order of privilege someone in this country can be in (wannabe royal family, expensive family compound, Stanford/Harvard circuit TOTALLY OFF OF HIS OWN MERIT) yet has the gall to say the son of a milkman whose first job was driving an ice cream truck is somehow status-quo and that his pathetic usurpation attempt on the basis of his surname is a progressive march forward.

I'm gonna be honest even if Markey was some DINO Manchin type and Kennedy was objectively better on policy I'd still have Markey's back. This total lack of self-awareness, desperate power plays, and pure elitism is much of what is driving people away from the Democratic Party. Perhaps here, we can begin to reverse that.
new_patomic

« Reply #482 on: July 29, 2020, 06:48:44 PM »

I'm genuinely sort of shocked his campaign didn't release one of those "we weren't surprised, we're fighting for the people, op-eds won't win primaries, let's move on" single paragraph statements.

Instead of slamming the globe as... too white, well-off, privileged, and establishment friendly.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #483 on: July 29, 2020, 07:15:53 PM »

Anyway, there's a poll coming in a few days. We will then no doubt see if the race is tight like many people think, or if one candidate has built a lead.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #484 on: July 29, 2020, 08:20:17 PM »

To me, the most exciting thing about this race is that if Kennedy loses, his career is basically over. The thought of that just makes me happy.

It would also end more than seventy years of virtually uninterrupted Kennedy service in the United States Congress, as a member of that family has served in either the House or the Senate since 1947 (with the exception of the years 2011-2013). My hope is that this century will put an end to political dynasties of this nature. I don't want any more Kennedys, Bushes, or Clintons. And hopefully, we won't get any more Trumps either after this one leaves office.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #485 on: July 29, 2020, 08:38:31 PM »

It would also end more than seventy years of virtually uninterrupted Kennedy service in the United States Congress, as a member of that family has served in either the House or the Senate since 1947 (with the exception of the years 2011-2013). My hope is that this century will put an end to political dynasties of this nature. I don't want any more Kennedys, Bushes, or Clintons. And hopefully, we won't get any more Trumps either after this one leaves office.

https://ballotpedia.org/Amy_Kennedy

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #486 on: July 29, 2020, 08:42:23 PM »

https://ballotpedia.org/Amy_Kennedy

I forgot about her. Well, that's a tough draw, between a member of a political dynasty and a opportunistic party-flipper. But because I view political dynasties more unfavorably, I hope Van Drew wins. As I've said, we don't need any more Kennedys.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #487 on: July 29, 2020, 08:56:04 PM »

I’m not NOT supporting a friendly ice cream truck driver who fights special interests against the trust fund crybaby.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #488 on: July 29, 2020, 10:14:06 PM »

Could Kennedy be anymore transparent that he's just using the Senate seat as a launchpad in 2024?

Not at all, can't wait to see him crash and burn in that run tho
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #489 on: July 30, 2020, 12:19:45 AM »

Is Kennedy trying to make it into the Irony Oremine or something?
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #490 on: July 30, 2020, 04:11:44 AM »

So people have used the logic that someone shouldn’t win based on their last name but aren’t you suggesting someone should lose purely based on their last name? So if someone wants to make a difference and run for office they should be disqualified because they had a relative that did so? That’s BS.

I don’t look at the Kennedy’s and Bush the same way I think of Clinton (at least Hillary) and the Trumps. The Kennedy’s and Bushs both had members of the family who distinguishedly served the nations military in brave combat rolls. I look at Hillary and the Trumps as people in it for the wrong reasons.
EastAnglianLefty

« Reply #491 on: July 30, 2020, 04:46:00 AM »

So people have used the logic that someone shouldn’t win based on their last name but aren’t you suggesting someone should lose purely based on their last name? So if someone wants to make a difference and run for office they should be disqualified because they had a relative that did so? That’s BS.

I don’t look at the Kennedy’s and Bush the same way I think of Clinton (at least Hillary) and the Trumps. The Kennedy’s and Bushs both had members of the family who distinguishedly served the nations military in brave combat rolls. I look at Hillary and the Trumps as people in it for the wrong reasons.

It's 75 years since a member of the Kennedy or Bush families saw active service. Having a family member who served in WW2 is in any case not particularly rare.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #492 on: July 30, 2020, 05:11:32 AM »

Every generarion of mt family has been in the military going back to the Napoleonic Wars.

Do I get a free Senate seat?
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #493 on: July 30, 2020, 07:47:46 AM »

Boston Globe and Herald have reported that both campaigns agree Kennedy leads but disagree on the margin.

MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #494 on: July 30, 2020, 07:48:36 AM »

Anyway, there's a poll coming in a few days. We will then no doubt see if the race is tight like many people think, or if one candidate has built a lead.

I know my state and the vibe for this race is clear. Markey has the clear advantage, by low to mid single digits. It’s shocking and frankly a sad indictment on my state and what it’s become but this is Markeys race to lose. I could understand Warren over Kennedy but Markey? give me a break lol
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #495 on: July 30, 2020, 08:11:15 AM »

Bernie or Booker would have been more energetic in this Covid 19 environment and they lost a divisive primary to Biden. The Dem Establishment wanted Markey over Kennedy, and they say that the Dem party has free and fair elections
JG

« Reply #496 on: July 30, 2020, 08:22:14 AM »

I'm pretty sure Hillary's own father served in WWII, so that argument makes absolutely no sense.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #497 on: July 31, 2020, 10:09:20 AM »

Latest MA-Sen Poll from JMC Analytics:

Markey - 40
Kennedy - 36
Undecided - 24

Leans among undecideds:

Markey - 44
Kennedy - 41
Pure undecided - 16

Markey is leading in Middlesex, Essex, Boston proper, and narrowly in Plymouth (surprisingly), while Kennedy is leading in Norfolk, SE Mass, and even slightly in Western Mass

Yeahhhhhhh Markey!
Yogurt24
« Reply #498 on: July 31, 2020, 10:29:17 AM »

Would like to see another poll of this to confirm. Lots of undecideds. And Kennedy and Markeys campaign apparently still has Kennedy ahead. But yes as of late Kennedy's campaign has been sort of lackluster and Markey has some momentum.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #499 on: July 31, 2020, 12:23:39 PM »

Glorious News Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 55  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length