MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:01:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 55
Author Topic: MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins  (Read 67612 times)
Heir of Camelot
heirofCamelot
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: June 22, 2020, 11:03:15 AM »

Boomers will keep voting for Boomers. They do that in business too. Which is why Boomers own everything. They've been doing it since the "don't trust anyone over 30" days in the 60's and it's actually incredibly smart. I've had issues in my Real Estate career with our peers using Boomer Realtors instead of their friends because we were all raised by helicopter parents and ingrained to "trust the Boomers" to handle everything (but that's finally starting to change in the last year or so).

But you're going to see Gen X and Millenials and even Zoomers start wising up and voting for people who are more in touch with their generational struggles and not replaying political squabbles from 50 years ago. More AOC's, JK3's etc.

It really should have been Gen X's year to field a Presidential nominee. But they have basically been skipped. *note, I'm an "Xennial."
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #376 on: June 24, 2020, 03:44:54 PM »

SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #377 on: June 25, 2020, 11:42:03 AM »

The Kennedy’s have done a lot for this country and for our state.
Who cares what people related to JK3 have done? He hasn't done any of those things.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #378 on: June 25, 2020, 12:12:28 PM »

Who cares what people related to JK3 have done? He hasn't done any of those things.

Ikr? Getting misty-eyed over JFK, RFK, & Teddy isn't reason enough to pull the lever for JK3.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #379 on: June 25, 2020, 02:11:39 PM »

Boston Herald says a Neal internal has Kennedy up double digits in Neal's district.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #380 on: June 25, 2020, 03:37:29 PM »

Not to mention that the only Kennedy president supported the Vietnam War, COINTELPRO, an unjust economy.

People have nostalgia for Camelot, but America is better off without physically attractive pseudo-royals running the show.

Only simps are for Kennedy. We have the internet now. We don't need a TV president--we need meaningful action on climate change and economic inequality lol
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #381 on: June 25, 2020, 06:43:31 PM »

Kennedy voted against restricting the PATRIOT Act, which should logically end the matter.

Furthermore, I don't understand how you can be a Kennedy and be opposed to universal healthcare.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #382 on: June 26, 2020, 05:18:12 AM »

Not to mention that the only Kennedy president supported the Vietnam War, COINTELPRO, an unjust economy.

People have nostalgia for Camelot, but America is better off without physically attractive pseudo-royals running the show.

Only simps are for Kennedy. We have the internet now. We don't need a TV president--we need meaningful action on climate change and economic inequality lol

He supported initial involvement in Vietnam, its highly unlikely he would’ve supported the extreme ramp up that LBJ initiated. He consistently said in private and public that it was there war and they have to fight it - not us.

The idea that he supported an unjust economy is ridiculous. He was constantly pushing for higher minimum wages, breaks for middle class families - on health care amongst other things.

JFK was far far greater than just a physically attractive pseudo royal. He was intelligent, talented, charamatic, imaginative, tough, skilled and bold.

Furthermore, I don't understand how you can be a Kennedy and be opposed to universal healthcare.

He believes in universal health care - there are different ways of getting to the same
outcome
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #383 on: June 26, 2020, 05:22:41 AM »

Wishful thinking. Unfortunately, as concerning as it is to realize -  this race is neck and neck - it’ll be decided by the old fashioned metric: turnout.
W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

« Reply #384 on: June 26, 2020, 05:45:55 AM »

This still seems like Kennedy's game. I'm sure he's kicking himself for risking it though. If JK3 loses, he loses his House seat, he loses his reputation, and he absolutely would stand no chance in 2024 or 2028 which he is very obviously eyeing. Markey is an effective legislator who isn't playing Massachusetts nostalgia as a launchpad for President. America thankfully has a pretty negative attitude towards aristocracy. There is no logical reason to replace Markey who realistically will retire soon anyways. Kennedy's petty opportunism will hopefully be punished at the ballot box however I am very pessimistic on this race in particular.
W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

« Reply #385 on: June 26, 2020, 05:59:58 AM »

Also I'm sure the DCCC is blacklisting all the consultants and firms supporting challenger to an incumbent Joe Kennedy III like they said they're gonna do for all primary challengers 🙄
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #386 on: June 26, 2020, 06:25:25 AM »

Also I'm sure the DCCC is blacklisting all the consultants and firms supporting challenger to an incumbent Joe Kennedy III like they said they're gonna do for all primary challengers 🙄

Hoyer has been to Kennedy fundraisers himself on the technicality that it's all well and good to challenge the DSCC, just not the DCCC.
EastAnglianLefty

« Reply #387 on: June 26, 2020, 06:38:43 AM »

But you're going to see Gen X and Millenials and even Zoomers start wising up and voting for people who are more in touch with their generational struggles and not replaying political squabbles from 50 years ago. More AOC's, JK3's etc.

I'm not sure that a literal member of the Kennedy family has faced the same generational struggles as your average Gen Xer or Millenial.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #388 on: June 26, 2020, 05:40:45 PM »

Heir of Camelot
heirofCamelot
United States

« Reply #389 on: June 27, 2020, 12:42:41 PM »

I'm not sure that a literal member of the Kennedy family has faced the same generational struggles as your average Gen Xer or Millenial.

That's fair. You got me there.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #390 on: June 27, 2020, 04:45:37 PM »

America thankfully has a pretty negative attitude towards aristocracy.
IDK about that.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #391 on: June 27, 2020, 06:45:10 PM »

I'm voting for Ginger Legacy because yes he's ambitious but don't tell me that any of the other politicians aren't either.  He's part of a new generation and he's a good friend of Rainbowpeople.  Ed Markey's okay too but I'll vote for Joe.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #392 on: June 28, 2020, 01:22:36 PM »

Any chance Morse knocks off Neal in MA-01?
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #393 on: June 28, 2020, 01:25:20 PM »

Any chance Morse knocks off Neal in MA-01?

Likely bordering on safe Neal in the absence of further information. Morse should have a stronger candidacy than the average challenger as a sitting mayor so there's reason to believe the incumbent isn't safe, but hasn't released any polls indicating he's within striking distance. Neal also hasn't released any polls and we know he's been commissioning them as he's leaked info about his numbers on the Kennedy vs Markey race, just not his own contest.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #394 on: June 28, 2020, 01:33:22 PM »

The fact that Neal hasnt released any polls of the race is what gives me pause on rating it. If he had a strong margin, then he'd want to publish it, but he hasnt. He's either more vulnerable than he appears, or he's sitting on a strong poll to use at a later date.

I honestly cant tell which one it is. Better to bet on the incumbent though.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #395 on: June 29, 2020, 01:51:55 AM »

Dropping my support of Kennedy, I endorse Markey
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #396 on: June 29, 2020, 10:22:49 AM »

Dropping my support of Kennedy, I endorse Markey

because why?...

You’re a sucker for a good ole underdog story?
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

« Reply #397 on: June 30, 2020, 07:34:06 AM »

Because it's OC.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P