MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:52:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 55
Author Topic: MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins  (Read 67684 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: June 19, 2020, 10:10:08 PM »

I support Kennedy,  but there must be a reason why he isnt posting any polls any longer, in a close race, Markey has the advantage
Yogurt24
« Reply #351 on: June 20, 2020, 12:23:28 AM »

I think this race is still lean Kennedy. Given how negative Markey has been of late I think he's still behind.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #352 on: June 20, 2020, 03:22:56 AM »

I think this race is still lean Kennedy. Given how negative Markey has been of late I think he's still behind.

I agree. Also, welcome to the Forum!
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #353 on: June 20, 2020, 04:24:50 AM »

Debates for this one ar fun to just have on in the background. Just casually making some Kennedy fillet. Kennedy probably wins because of his surname but Markey is running a very effective campaign against him.

It’s actually embarrassing to both this state and the Kennedy campaign but if I were to bet I would say Markey pulls the upset. Which is frankly ridiculous

More like ridiculously amazing! 😎😎

Glad you see it that way

The Kennedy’s have done a lot for this country and for our state. And Joe is young, smart, empathetic and seems to give a damn beyond his campaign. And as you’ve heard before - Markey is hardly ever here. Voting Markey over Kennedy will say a lot about my state and not in a good way
Dipper Josh

« Reply #354 on: June 20, 2020, 10:59:33 AM »

This race is heating up between the candidates and their supporters. Case in point is all of the arguing above ^^^ but also this tweet:

https://twitter.com/joekennedy/status/1271251824813780992

Of course, this will be a close race, but there should be some serious concern for Markey on race. There, of course, should be concern for Kennedy around his "why are you running/Senators do more than vote" response.

Criticizing Markey for increasing prison funding? Interesting.

Seeing as Joe Kennedy just recently thought it was a good idea to not throw black people in prison for smoking marijuana, I think the prison issue acts as a weird trump card for him.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #355 on: June 20, 2020, 11:10:20 AM »

Debates for this one ar fun to just have on in the background. Just casually making some Kennedy fillet. Kennedy probably wins because of his surname but Markey is running a very effective campaign against him.

It’s actually embarrassing to both this state and the Kennedy campaign but if I were to bet I would say Markey pulls the upset. Which is frankly ridiculous

Glad you see it that way

The Kennedy’s have done a lot for this country and for our state. And Joe is young, smart, empathetic and seems to give a damn beyond his campaign. And as you’ve heard before - Markey is hardly ever here. Voting Markey over Kennedy will say a lot about my state and not in a good way

We get it, you wanna marry JK3 & have an unreasonable hate boner for Ed Markey. That's been established. Just stop repeating falsehoods that you've proven wrong on time & time again.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #356 on: June 20, 2020, 01:32:25 PM »

I prefer Kennedy,  he has Eric Swalawell appeal and I hope Eric Swalawell is appointed to Harris seat, too
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #357 on: June 20, 2020, 01:49:40 PM »

Glad you see it that way

We get it, you wanna marry JK3 & have an unreasonable hate boner for Ed Markey. That's been established. Just stop repeating falsehoods that you've proven wrong on time & time again.
One man's falsehood is another man's truism.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #358 on: June 20, 2020, 01:50:54 PM »

Glad you see it that way

I’m not on that team. But my engagement would be at risk if a female Kennedy has intrest in the Millennial Moderate. (kidding)

(Sort of)

It’s not a falsehood though. The reality is - he’s not in Massachusetts hardly ever. He refused to release his travel records and there is a reason for that. Meanwhile JK3 has the most in district office hours in the whole house. It’s not a falsehood. Markey is the definition wanting the job more than wanting to make the difference
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #359 on: June 20, 2020, 01:53:40 PM »

Glad you see it that way

I’m not on that team. But my engagement would be at risk if a female Kennedy has intrest in the Millennial Moderate. (kidding)

(Sort of)

It’s not a falsehood though. The reality is - he’s not in Massachusetts hardly ever. He refused to release his travel records and there is a reason for that. Meanwhile JK3 has the most in district office hours in the whole house. It’s not a falsehood. Markey is the definition wanting the job more than wanting to make the difference

Roll Eyes

He has made a difference. I've made this clear to you time & time again. Maybe not in ways you agree with, but comparing the two's voter records & what they've fought for over the years (as has already been done on this forum numerous time), he most certainly has.

Once again, it's not our fault you don't listen.
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.13

« Reply #360 on: June 21, 2020, 01:31:54 PM »

Glad you see it that way

(Sort of)

Ah yes it's the moderate Kennedy that's going to make a difference over the progressive Markey. He will be nothing but the same old New Democrat noise if he wins.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #361 on: June 21, 2020, 04:35:25 PM »

Joe Kennedy isn't running to represent Massachusetts
He's running for a springboard for a 2024 presidential run and its painfully obvious.

Markey for Senate
Lognog
United States

« Reply #362 on: June 21, 2020, 06:38:03 PM »

He's running for a springboard for a 2024 presidential run and its painfully obvious.

Markey for Senate

"He didn't come here to run for senate, he came here to run for the white house"
-John Cornyn referring to Ted Cruz

same story with Kennedy. His entitlement really baffles my mind and it possibly comes at the expense of one of the best people in the senate
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #363 on: June 21, 2020, 08:08:34 PM »

Markey for Senate

Did anyone say Bill Clinton is only running for Governor to run in the 92 election? Did anyone say Barack Obama is only running for Senate in 2004 so he can run in the 2008 POTUS election?

No and No. Politicans often run for higher officer. So what? If he does a better job at being a Senator then Ed Markey then who cares what he does in 2024? And if he did run in 2024 then let the voters decide if he should receive a promotion, makes sense right?

And Kennedy only runs in 2024 if Trump wins this year. Bidens VP will run virtually unopposed similar to 2000 Gore and 2016 Clinton,

Ed Markey might be a nice person. But he’s not a great senator, and frankly I trust Kennedy to actually accomplish serious progress

MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #364 on: June 21, 2020, 08:11:37 PM »

Markey for Senate

"He didn't come here to run for senate, he came here to run for the white house"

same story with Kennedy. His entitlement really baffles my mind and it possibly comes at the expense of one of the best people in the senate

Entitlement? It sounds like you’re punishing him for being a Kennedy. Which is ironic considering that should be a good thing when you look at their contributions to our country

But the whole entitlement bullsh**t is weak. The seat doesn’t belong to anyone. The voters will decide and if they think Kennedy is the better choice then they’ll vote accordingly and vice versa. It’s not “entitled” to try and serve in the Senate
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #365 on: June 21, 2020, 08:12:18 PM »

Markey for Senate

Did anyone say Bill Clinton is only running for Governor to run in the 92 election? Did anyone say Barack Obama is only running for Senate in 2004 so he can run in the 2008 POTUS election?

No and No. Politicans often run for higher officer. So what? If he does a better job at being a Senator then Ed Markey then who cares what he does in 2024? And if he did run in 2024 then let the voters decide if he should receive a promotion, makes sense right?

And Kennedy only runs in 2024 if Trump wins this year. Bidens VP will run virtually unopposed similar to 2000 Gore and 2016 Clinton,

Ed Markey might be a nice person. But he’s not a great senator, and frankly I trust Kennedy to actually accomplish serious progress

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #366 on: June 21, 2020, 08:15:16 PM »

Markey for Senate

Obama and Clinton weren't so obvious about it, and neither tried to coast by on their last names.

Ed Markey IS a good senator, which we keep saying. He's actually passed landmark environmental legislation and has been a reliable advocate on issues from childcare to internet policy. In my view he's one of the more effective Senators out there.

Compared to JKIII, who's biggest congressional accomplishment is helping to vote down the Amash-Conyers Amendment, and who is an egregious example of dynastic politics, the choice is clear.

Also, a message needs to be sent that the Kennedy name is not a ticket for public office.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #367 on: June 22, 2020, 01:09:01 AM »

Markey for Senate

Entitlement? It sounds like you’re punishing him for being a Kennedy. Which is ironic considering that should be a good thing when you look at their contributions to our country

But the whole entitlement bullsh**t is weak. The seat doesn’t belong to anyone. The voters will decide and if they think Kennedy is the better choice then they’ll vote accordingly and vice versa. It’s not “entitled” to try and serve in the Senate

"Entitlement"

"(being a Kennedy) should be a good thing when you look at their contributions"

yeah, case and point. People shouldn't vote for him based off of what his family did. People should vote for their reps base off of what they do. Ed Markey is one of the most effective proponents for protecting the environment by co-sponsoring the green new deal.

Kennedy openly admitted that there's nothing Markey has done wrong. He can't land an attack on him because he represents MA so well. Even more so, Kennedy can't say anything but that he's a fresh face (from an entrenched political dynasty). He doesn't run on his legislative achievements because he has none and he doesn't run on his ideas because again there are none
Heir of Camelot
heirofCamelot
United States

« Reply #368 on: June 22, 2020, 10:28:01 AM »

Boomers refuse to step aside and go quietly into their golden years because they are addicted to power. It has made the Senate and Presidency more geriatric than any point in history.

You're going to see young leaders primarying Dinosaurs more and more because it's the only way to attain higher office anymore.

JK3, AOC, and Eric Swallwell have all had to run against senior citizens to get their seats and they won't be the only ones. The electorate is ready for some fresh faces. I don't feel bad for the Boomers. Go play some golf or hang out with your grandkids. You had your time.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #369 on: June 22, 2020, 10:30:42 AM »

If you told me five years ago that this was the cycle in which the boomers would lose control of the presidency, "...and they'll be replaced by someone from the Silent Generation" would not have been on my bingo cards.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #370 on: June 22, 2020, 10:32:22 AM »

Boomers refuse to step aside and go quietly into their golden years because they are addicted to power. It has made the Senate and Presidency more geriatric than any point in history.

You're going to see young leaders primarying Dinosaurs more and more because it's the only way to attain higher office anymore.

JK3, AOC, and Eric Swallwell have all had to run against senior citizens to get their seats and they won't be the only ones. The electorate is ready for some fresh faces. I don't feel bad for the Boomers. Go play some golf or hang out with your grandkids. You had your time.

Then why does the electorate keep electing Boomers (& even members of the Silent Generation!) to the Senate & Presidency to such an extent that they have, as you said, "made the Senate and Presidency more geriatric than any point in history"? Maybe because a majority of the electorate (barring the occasional House district here & there) doesn't actually give a crap?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #371 on: June 22, 2020, 10:32:37 AM »

Being younger in and of itself is not a virtue.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #372 on: June 22, 2020, 10:34:02 AM »

Then why does the electorate keep electing Boomers (& even members of the Silent Generation!) to the Senate & Presidency? Maybe because a majority of the electorate (barring the occasional House district here & there) doesn't actually give a crap?

Hot take: it's not that they don't just not care - it's the other way around. As the electorate ages, ageism holding back a minority of older politicians who are still healthy enough to do the job recedes and we should expect to see more elected officials running at <90 as a result.
Heir of Camelot
heirofCamelot
United States

« Reply #373 on: June 22, 2020, 10:53:59 AM »

Then why does the electorate keep electing Boomers (& even members of the Silent Generation!) to the Senate & Presidency to such an extent that they have, as you said, "made the Senate and Presidency more geriatric than any point in history"? Maybe because a majority of the electorate (barring the occasional House district here & there) doesn't actually give a crap?

Because a majority of the the electorate is and has been Boomers and Silent Gen.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #374 on: June 22, 2020, 10:57:15 AM »

Because a majority of the the electorate is and has been Boomers and Silent Gen.

So, you're wrong in saying "the electorate is ready for some fresh faces," then.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 55  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies