OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:50:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 75
Author Topic: OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance  (Read 95951 times)
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1525 on: August 28, 2022, 11:58:29 AM »

I respect Tim Ryan for at least attempting to campaign to people who aren't just college educated liberal democratic voters onto his side. I still think, based on his voting record in Congress as well as his presidential campaign, that he is just being a fraud and will be just as liberal in the Senate. But it's a start.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1526 on: August 28, 2022, 04:03:19 PM »
« Edited: August 28, 2022, 04:12:44 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

I respect Tim Ryan for at least attempting to campaign to people who aren't just college educated liberal democratic voters onto his side. I still think, based on his voting record in Congress as well as his presidential campaign, that he is just being a fraud and will be just as liberal in the Senate. But it's a start.

Calling Ryan a fraud where is the GOP alternative to Student Loan Forgiveness we file Bankruptcies all the time the Bankruptcy Reform Bill 2005 eliminated Student loans from Bankruptcy, the Rs want to give Giant tax cuts for the rich Reagan, Bush W and yep gave out 2.5 T dollar each in tax CUTS, we pay payroll taxes 15 percent the middle class and rich pay income tax 40 percent which each tax cut the rich got their taxes cut to 35 percent

Ryan will be a contender for WH in 28 when he wins his Senate race and Demings will be his Veep, its call pragmatism, WC means Pragmatism not Dixiecrat, it used to be call Dixiecrat because it meant Apartheid  during Woodrow Wilson era and Jefferson era Females and most Blks men in the South during Jim Crow couldn't vote

Ryan is a blue dog like Bob Casey and Biden but it's Pragmatism not DIXIECRAT, LBJ changed the meaning of WC
Leading Political Consultant Ma Anand Sheela
Heat
Poland

« Reply #1527 on: August 30, 2022, 09:49:53 AM »

Say it with me: yogic flying is real. I believe in yogic flying.

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1528 on: August 30, 2022, 02:11:38 PM »

The latest poll shows Ryan has “an impressive 23-point lead among self-ID independents.”

In the latest poll, Ryan is at plus 25 favorable with independents while Vance, a venture capitalist and author, is at minus 32.

I am skeptical of this, but if it's true... holy crap.
Heat
Poland

« Reply #1529 on: August 31, 2022, 02:40:58 PM »

The latest poll shows Ryan has “an impressive 23-point lead among self-ID independents.”

In the latest poll, Ryan is at plus 25 favorable with independents while Vance, a venture capitalist and author, is at minus 32.

I am skeptical of this, but if it's true... holy crap.
I don't know if it's true but Vance hasn't done anything for it to not be the case.
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1530 on: August 31, 2022, 03:22:23 PM »

Is it fraudulent of him to emphasize his appeal on materialistic grounds given that's been his bread-and-butter his whole career? Consider his long-standing Sinophobic-tinged protectionist appeal manifesting his CHIPS act vote as a measure to keep American industry competitive. Furthermore, he passionately defends the newly instituted insulin caps and calls for further drug price controls while also opposing single-payer healthcare to protect the industrial unions/military's recruiting incentives.

The key is authenticity; Ryan's career-long sensibilities towards his constituents' concerns might assuage fears these are merely politically expedient moves to win a campaign. Vance remains a comfortable-though-not-solid favorite. Despite now subsiding inflation did a heavy number on Democrats that we'll only see this fall. Nonetheless, Ryan might just be what the doc ordered for relieving Northern Ohio's nativist-induced amnesia towards its solidarity-forged past.

I don't know if it's true but Vance hasn't done anything for it to not be the case.

Remember Trump hasn't visited Ohio yet. We'll see where we really stand after the world's largest political college football tailgate plays his greatest hits in whatever Ohioan minor league baseball/FCS stadium fate lands on and gets all the Trumpies fired up. Ryan might garner indie votes however the more relevant question is will it matter given how super-heated conservative turnout shapes up to be? At a certain point the math just isn't there.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1531 on: August 31, 2022, 04:20:17 PM »

As of right now, Thiel is not planning on spending any money for Vance in OH-SEN.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/08/31/peter-thiel-mcconnell-blake-masters/

Makes sense why McConnell was forced to dump the $28M then.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1532 on: August 31, 2022, 06:46:47 PM »

Is it fraudulent of him to emphasize his appeal on materialistic grounds given that's been his bread-and-butter his whole career? Consider his long-standing Sinophobic-tinged protectionist appeal manifesting his CHIPS act vote as a measure to keep American industry competitive. Furthermore, he passionately defends the newly instituted insulin caps and calls for further drug price controls while also opposing single-payer healthcare to protect the industrial unions/military's recruiting incentives.

The key is authenticity; Ryan's career-long sensibilities towards his constituents' concerns might assuage fears these are merely politically expedient moves to win a campaign. Vance remains a comfortable-though-not-solid favorite. Despite now subsiding inflation did a heavy number on Democrats that we'll only see this fall. Nonetheless, Ryan might just be what the doc ordered for relieving Northern Ohio's nativist-induced amnesia towards its solidarity-forged past.

Remember Trump hasn't visited Ohio yet. We'll see where we really stand after the world's largest political college football tailgate plays his greatest hits in whatever Ohioan minor league baseball/FCS stadium fate lands on and gets all the Trumpies fired up. Ryan might garner indie votes however the more relevant question is will it matter given how super-heated conservative turnout shapes up to be? At a certain point the math just isn't there.

Lol… do not use the word “sinophobic” in any reply to me. I will just ignore the rest of your post even if it makes good points.
sting in the rafters
slimey56

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1533 on: August 31, 2022, 07:56:50 PM »

Lol… do not use the word “sinophobic” in any reply to me. I will just ignore the rest of your post even if it makes good points.

Fair enough lmao dont get me wrong phuck the CCP just didn't have a better synonym for anti-China in my head
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #1534 on: September 01, 2022, 12:28:04 AM »

Say it with me: yogic flying is real. I believe in yogic flying.

The army of yogic flyers will chase Vance into Lake Erie, where he'll just sink instantly. Should've tried progressive muscle relaxation smh
Heat
Poland

« Reply #1535 on: September 01, 2022, 03:36:10 AM »

Oh, don't get me wrong, while I'm being performatively optimistic about this and definitely see a path for Ryan I have no illusions that inertia may well carry the day here. But the best case for Vance still seems to be the McConnell zone of being an unpopular and unlikable incumbent who nevertheless keeps surviving because of the lean of his state and whatever largesse he deigns to dispense (not that Vance will do that bit, but you know what I mean).
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1536 on: September 01, 2022, 07:03:39 AM »

If it wasn't for Ryan silly comment on Student Loans he could of locked up this race but still he can win and will be a Prez contender with Buttigieg, Harris and NEWSOM in 28 not 24

Alot of conservatives on the forum didn't like Joe Kennedy and Ryan because they could of been Prez but liked Bullock, DeSantis and NEWSOM
Sherrod Brown stands behind Warren Student Loans Discharge
sting in the rafters
slimey56

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1537 on: September 01, 2022, 08:05:24 AM »

Oh, don't get me wrong, while I'm being performatively optimistic about this and definitely see a path for Ryan I have no illusions that inertia may well carry the day here. But the best case for Vance still seems to be the McConnell zone of being an unpopular and unlikable incumbent who nevertheless keeps surviving because of the lean of his state and whatever largesse he deigns to dispense (not that Vance will do that bit, but you know what I mean).

In that case keep on sippin!
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1538 on: September 01, 2022, 04:40:16 PM »

I feel like we had this exact conversation going into August and Vance was supposed to start doing things. Now we're literally only two months away from the election, and Vance still doesn't seem to be doing anything. I truly think if not for this $28M cash infusion he may lose this race.

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1539 on: September 02, 2022, 10:29:46 AM »

RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #1540 on: September 02, 2022, 10:32:39 AM »

But guys, Vance is a #populist. He's a #great fit for OH! /s
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1541 on: September 02, 2022, 11:25:57 AM »

But guys, Vance is a #populist. He's a #great fit for OH! /s

Venture capitalists are the epitome of populism!
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #1542 on: September 02, 2022, 11:31:43 AM »

I feel like we had this exact conversation going into August and Vance was supposed to start doing things. Now we're literally only two months away from the election, and Vance still doesn't seem to be doing anything. I truly think if not for this $28M cash infusion he may lose this race.

Ryan has yet to lead one independent poll in Ohio... until then, I'm not sure why people insist on wishcasting that Vance is going to lose this race.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1543 on: September 02, 2022, 11:41:56 AM »

Ryan has yet to lead one independent poll in Ohio... until then, I'm not sure why people insist on wishcasting that Vance is going to lose this race.

You act like there has been a ton of independent polling done in this race.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #1544 on: September 02, 2022, 11:42:52 AM »

NEW FROM OHIO: the same fake undersourced story from months ago
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #1545 on: September 02, 2022, 11:55:03 AM »

Lol at the squirming. Vance is a garbage candidate and he will only win because it's an r wave year
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1546 on: September 02, 2022, 12:21:09 PM »

Lol at the squirming. Vance is a garbage candidate and he will only win because it's an r wave year

Even if it’s not a wave year, Ohio being an increasingly red state is what will save Vance.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1547 on: September 02, 2022, 12:23:15 PM »

Even if it’s not a wave year, Ohio being an increasingly red state is what will save Vance.

Lol you said the samething about KY 2019 you were wrong then and you are wrong now guess what neither candidate has been outside MOE each candidate has been 5 pts or 3 pts ahead
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #1548 on: September 02, 2022, 12:25:22 PM »

Unless "more than half" is just very opaque word choice here (and it very well may be), this is actually not a great sign. Ryan likely needs to be winning ~70% (if not more) of these voters to hit his win number statewide.

Caveat of course that we don't know the size of the focus group and that qualitative findings should never be extrapolated to the electorate at-large without confirming with quant.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1549 on: September 02, 2022, 12:49:25 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2022, 12:52:28 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Xing and Darrkpi saying we can't win in OH and NC and FL if we win53 seats WI, PA, OH, NC and regardless of what happens in GA and LA that's 53 seats and we can win the H in 22/24 we  get DC statehood Rs can't win back Sen in 24 that's why it's important for Ryan to win he is our 533rd seat

It's not enshrined in the Constitution it's a 303 map it's a 538map

That's why AOC endorsed Ryan in case D's lose the H we can win back the Trifecta I 24 and have a Filibuster proof Sen Rick Scott is the most vulnerable R Senator in 24 it's very likely Gwen Graham runs against him since she didn't get picked for Lt Gov in FLORIDA
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies