The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:13:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 ... 85
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread  (Read 167962 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1825 on: April 12, 2023, 09:49:00 AM »

ALREADY IN:

Trump
Ramaswamy
Haley
Hutchinson
Scott

NOT OFFICIALLY IN, BUT OBVIOUSLY RUNNING:

Pence
DeSantis
Pompeo

MAYBE:

Sununu
Christie
Bolton
Suarez
Burgum

For those complaining I include Vivek Ramaswamy and not Cory Stapleton, wake me up when Cory Stapleton has a glowing interview with Tucker Carlson.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1826 on: April 12, 2023, 09:58:20 AM »

I thought Bolton was already a definite in ........?
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1827 on: April 12, 2023, 10:03:19 AM »

He seems to be equivocating about whether or not he's actually running, obviously a publicity stunt that he didn't intend to be taken seriously and now his hands are tied.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1828 on: April 12, 2023, 10:27:21 AM »

Last I heard he was still saying he'd only run if there was a space in the field where no one was running with his ideas. My guess is he worded it that way so that he can eventually defer to Pompeo when he gets in.
MichaelM24
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1829 on: April 12, 2023, 10:11:42 PM »

ALREADY IN:

For those complaining I include Vivek Ramaswamy and not Cory Stapleton, wake me up when Cory Stapleton has a glowing interview with Tucker Carlson.

No, but I was going to complain about Laffey's absence. I mean, he was the mayor of the second-largest city in Rhode Island for a handful of years. What's more important than that? Tongue
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1830 on: April 13, 2023, 08:21:11 AM »

Chase Oliver, the Libertarian candidate for Senate in Georgia in 2022, is running for the Libertarian presidential nomination.

He was briefly my boyfriend when we were both in high school lol
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1831 on: April 13, 2023, 08:43:16 AM »

Chase Oliver, the Libertarian candidate for Senate in Georgia in 2022, is running for the Libertarian presidential nomination.

That rules so much.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1832 on: April 13, 2023, 09:10:47 AM »

That rules so much.

He's a nice guy.

I'll be voting for Biden, of course, just as I voted for Warnock for Senate. But that has nothing to do with Chase.
VALibertarian
LordPhantasm8
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1833 on: April 13, 2023, 11:38:35 AM »

I think I recall your anecdote about that from an earlier thread! Kind of cool honestly, was he a big libertarian back then?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1834 on: April 13, 2023, 01:00:16 PM »

I think I recall your anecdote about that from an earlier thread! Kind of cool honestly, was he a big libertarian back then?

So I don’t remember for sure, but I want to say he was for Nader? That was before either of us could vote though.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1835 on: April 13, 2023, 05:07:41 PM »

The NRA convention is taking place this weekend. In addition to Trump, among the potential candidates taking part are Pence, DeSantis and Sununu.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #1836 on: April 14, 2023, 05:10:19 PM »

Junior Chimp

« Reply #1837 on: April 14, 2023, 05:33:19 PM »

So, the only serious Candidates running could be Trump, Haley, DeSantis, Pence and potentially Sununu.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #1838 on: April 14, 2023, 06:26:41 PM »

So, the only serious Candidates running could be Trump, Haley, DeSantis, Pence and potentially Sununu.

And T. Scott.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1839 on: April 16, 2023, 07:55:31 AM »

I still think Chris Christie might give it a go. On the other hand, he seems pretty set on denying Trump the nomination again, so he might sit it out if the field is too crowded.
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #1840 on: April 16, 2023, 12:47:31 PM »

I still think Chris Christie might give it a go. On the other hand, he seems pretty set on denying Trump the nomination again, so he might sit it out if the field is too crowded.

I think he’s more likely to run and drop out early, as he basically said he wants to be in a debate with Trump to try and kamikaze him like he did to Rubio.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1841 on: April 19, 2023, 11:45:33 AM »

I think he’s more likely to run and drop out early, as he basically said he wants to be in a debate with Trump to try and kamikaze him like he did to Rubio.

Despite his skill at BSing, Donald, especially post 2017 Donald, feels like someone who could either collapse or explode under a verbal assault that doesn't care about future goodwill or playing nice. I would like to see what Christie could do.
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #1842 on: April 19, 2023, 05:01:28 PM »

Despite his skill at BSing, Donald, especially post 2017 Donald, feels like someone who could either collapse or explode under a verbal assault that doesn't care about future goodwill or playing nice. I would like to see what Christie could do.

100% agree, and Christie realistically is the only one vicious enough to land a blow.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1843 on: April 20, 2023, 07:58:34 PM »

ALREADY IN:

Trump
Ramaswamy
Haley
Hutchinson
Scott
Elder

Pence
DeSantis

MAYBE:

Sununu
Christie
Bolton
Suarez
Burgum

Q: Should I include Glenn Youngkin? I keep hearing he's like 98% out or 99% out.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1844 on: April 21, 2023, 08:54:39 AM »

ALREADY IN:

Trump
Ramaswamy
Haley
Hutchinson
Scott
Elder

Pence
DeSantis

MAYBE:

Sununu
Christie
Bolton
Suarez
Burgum

Q: Should I include Glenn Youngkin? I keep hearing he's like 98% out or 99% out.

Probably wise to given that donors are getting cold feet over DeSantis.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1845 on: April 21, 2023, 04:23:50 PM »

DeSantis is heading to Japan, South Korea, Israel and the UK this upcoming week.

Florida governor Ron DeSantis has announced an international tour of several key US allies, building momentum for an expected White House bid.

A statement from his office said the Republican presidential hopeful would visit Japan, South Korea, Israel and Britain, announcing the trip as a chance to "expand economic partnerships" for the southern US state.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1846 on: April 22, 2023, 02:50:35 PM »

The Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition's Spring Fundraiser is tonight.

Republican White House hopefuls are courting influential religious conservatives at an event in Iowa that marks the unofficial start of the state’s 2024 caucus campaign.

The Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition’s annual spring fundraiser on Saturday evening is attracting, among others, former President Donald Trump, who’s already a candidate, as well as former Vice President Mike Pence and U.S. Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina, who are expected to enter the race. Trump is to appear via video. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, considered a top rival to Trump, is not attending.

They are among the better known GOP prospects set to address the coalition group during question and answer-style conversations with moderators. Also scheduled to appear are entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy, former Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson, radio host Larry Elder, former Rep. Will Hurd of Texas, former Democratic Rep. Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii and former Michigan gubernatorial candidate Perry Johnson.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1847 on: April 22, 2023, 11:21:19 PM »

Pence says anyone serious needs to enter the race by June,

Former Vice President Mike Pence said in a new interview that anyone in the GOP who is serious about running for president in 2024 needs to enter the race by June.

“I think that anyone that would be serious about seeking the Republican nomination would need to be in this contest by June,” he told CBS News’s “Face the Nation” in an interview clip that will air on Sunday.

“If we have an announcement to make, it’ll be well before late June,” he added, when asked about his own potential bid.

When CBS host Robert Costa pushed the former vice president about which way he’s leaning, Pence simply quipped: “Well, I’m here in Iowa, Robert.”
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1848 on: April 23, 2023, 09:33:08 AM »

The Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition's Spring Fundraiser is tonight.

Republican White House hopefuls are courting influential religious conservatives at an event in Iowa that marks the unofficial start of the state’s 2024 caucus campaign.

The Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition’s annual spring fundraiser on Saturday evening is attracting, among others, former President Donald Trump, who’s already a candidate, as well as former Vice President Mike Pence and U.S. Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina, who are expected to enter the race. Trump is to appear via video. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, considered a top rival to Trump, is not attending.

They are among the better known GOP prospects set to address the coalition group during question and answer-style conversations with moderators. Also scheduled to appear are entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy, former Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson, radio host Larry Elder, former Rep. Will Hurd of Texas, former Democratic Rep. Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii and former Michigan gubernatorial candidate Perry Johnson.

"Faith and Freedom Coalition"

Don't faith and freedom kind of contradict each other? Seems like an oxymoronic title.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1849 on: April 26, 2023, 01:51:04 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 ... 85  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies