The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:15:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 ... 85
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread  (Read 166177 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1700 on: January 20, 2023, 10:05:13 PM »

Pence has brought on Tim Chapman, a top staffer for Nikki Haley.

Mike Pence’s political operation has poached a top adviser to Nikki Haley as the two jostle for a position in the looming 2024 GOP presidential contest.

Tim Chapman, who had been serving as the executive director of Haley’s political nonprofit, has departed to join the Pence team. Chapman will be a senior adviser to Pence’s nonprofit, Advancing American Freedom.

While former President Donald Trump is the only major declared candidate in Republicans’ 2024 primary, the move comes as competition in a shadow primary heats up, with Republicans jockeying for top staff and donors ahead of expected campaign announcements. Chapman’s defection is possibly the first instance of a top aide to one likely candidate jumping to another.

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1701 on: January 21, 2023, 03:48:23 PM »

Biden likely to announce 2024 reelection bid "not long after" State of the Union address

President Biden is likely to announce his bid for reelection "not long after" he delivers his State of the Union address on Feb. 7, a source with knowledge of the ongoing planning confirmed to CBS News.

The exact date of Mr. Biden's announcement has not been finalized yet, according to the source, who said, "This has always, always been our plan. State of the Union first, candidate later."

[...]
Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #1702 on: January 25, 2023, 02:50:52 PM »

I think Joe Biden will run
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1703 on: January 25, 2023, 02:55:28 PM »

CNN today reports that DeSantis doesn't intend to say whether he runs or not before May.

As Trump blusters, DeSantis builds his case but tells people to ‘chill out’ with 2024 talk

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, already a master at sidestepping questions about his political future, is proving equally adept at tiptoeing around Donald Trump as he builds a case for his party’s nomination in 2024.

As Trump staged the unveiling of a third presidential campaign, DeSantis in public and behind closed doors this week has avoided directly responding to the former president – or even mentioning him by name – while still drawing sharp contrasts between the two Republican figures.

[...]

DeSantis’ remarks this week provide an early window into his strategy for navigating Trump ahead of a potential primary matchup. Those close to the Florida governor believe he does not intend to announce his plans before May, CNN previously reported. In the meantime, they expect him to avoid direct confrontations with the former president.

[...]
JMT

« Reply #1704 on: January 26, 2023, 10:10:57 AM »

Seems like Rick Scott won’t be running for President next year, as he announced his 2024 Senate re-election campaign today:

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1705 on: January 26, 2023, 10:18:30 AM »

Seems like Rick Scott won’t be running for President next year, as he announced his 2024 Senate re-election campaign today:

He so much embraced Trump, unlikely he'd challenge the orange buffoon. I just wonder whom he endorses in a Trump-DeSantis matchup (not that it matters).
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1706 on: January 26, 2023, 11:36:16 AM »

He so much embraced Trump, unlikely he'd challenge the orange buffoon. I just wonder whom he endorses in a Trump-DeSantis matchup (not that it matters).

Glad to see you recognize that endorsements like this are not worth a thimbleful of s*it.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1707 on: January 30, 2023, 09:36:34 AM »

Glad to see you recognize that endorsements like this are not worth a thimbleful of s*it.

Most endorsements are irrelevant or barely carry any weight. Clyburn endording Biden right before the SC primary was a rare example of the opposite due to his strong local brand and support among AA voters. Endorsements by Trump or Obama can be important in a primary, but it's really just such names.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1708 on: January 30, 2023, 12:12:43 PM »

Chris Sunnunu told Dana Bash he is considering a run for President yesterday.

GOP Gov. Chris Sununu of New Hampshire said Sunday he is considering a White House bid in 2024, citing the Granite State’s “live free or die” spirit as a model for the Republican Party.

“Yes,” Sununu said when asked by CNN’s Dana Bash on “State of the Union” whether he was considering a presidential run.

“I really don’t have a timeline. I’m spending a lot of time naturally trying to grow the party as Republicans, talk to independents, talk to the next generation of potential Republican voters that right now no one is really reaching out to,” he said.
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #1709 on: January 30, 2023, 06:42:09 PM »

GOP Gov. Chris Sununu of New Hampshire said Sunday he is considering a White House bid in 2024, citing the Granite State’s “live free or die” spirit as a model for the Republican Party.

“Yes,” Sununu said when asked by CNN’s Dana Bash on “State of the Union” whether he was considering a presidential run.

“I really don’t have a timeline. I’m spending a lot of time naturally trying to grow the party as Republicans, talk to independents, talk to the next generation of potential Republican voters that right now no one is really reaching out to,” he said.

He could be the strongest possible candidate.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #1710 on: January 30, 2023, 06:44:10 PM »

He's a bargain bin Jon Huntsman
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1711 on: January 31, 2023, 01:10:10 AM »

In a general election? Maybe. But he'll get 2% in Iowa.
BenjiG98
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.00, S: -2.26

P P P
« Reply #1712 on: January 31, 2023, 10:06:38 AM »

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1713 on: January 31, 2023, 10:09:01 AM »

More likely he's actually running to be Trump's or DeSantis' VP.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1714 on: January 31, 2023, 09:15:05 PM »

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1715 on: February 01, 2023, 08:31:52 AM »

🤨

Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1716 on: February 01, 2023, 09:21:26 AM »

🤨

He's challenging Bob Casey!!!!
BenjiG98
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1717 on: February 01, 2023, 01:46:17 PM »

This NBC article states that former GOP Michigan district 8 rep Mike Rogers has looked at both running for senate in 2024 and has also shown an interest in running for president:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/michigan-gop-turmoil-leaders-navigate-tricky-trump-terrain-rcna68276
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #1718 on: February 01, 2023, 03:15:28 PM »

Hogan states he's considering running
BenjiG98
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1719 on: February 01, 2023, 03:50:35 PM »

Hogan states he's considering running
Out of all the clowns running he'd be my top pick.
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #1720 on: February 01, 2023, 07:26:10 PM »

🤨

Anyone remember the joke timeline I wrote?
World Mapping
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1721 on: February 01, 2023, 10:24:44 PM »

If I was a betting man, I'd say that LaLawrence J. Hogan Jr. is running for POTUS.

https://twitter.com/GovLarryHogan/status/1620891606634344448
SeventhP
globoy32
United States

« Reply #1722 on: February 02, 2023, 11:01:34 PM »

"U.S. Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo’s rise on the national stage since she left Rhode Island is spurring speculation about her political future. But there’s at least one path she’s already willing to rule out."

“Not a no, but not a yes, either” is how she characterized her answer, describing herself as “really, really focused” on leading the Commerce Department.

WPRI reported but I can't share the link.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1723 on: February 03, 2023, 03:38:11 PM »

"U.S. Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo’s rise on the national stage since she left Rhode Island is spurring speculation about her political future. But there’s at least one path she’s already willing to rule out."

“Not a no, but not a yes, either” is how she characterized her answer, describing herself as “really, really focused” on leading the Commerce Department.

What rise on the national stage?
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1724 on: February 03, 2023, 05:47:51 PM »

What rise on the national stage?

She shouldn’t even have been tapped for a cabinet position in the first place
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 ... 85  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies