The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:51:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 85
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread  (Read 166217 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1750 on: February 18, 2023, 01:30:54 AM »

Marianne Willamson to announce a decision on a campaign this weekend.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1751 on: February 18, 2023, 08:56:36 PM »

Ron DeSantis to push law enforcement support in Staten Island and Chicago, looking for urban ethnic support in 2024

It's sad that Democratic voters have to rely on white urban and suburban Republicans to protect their cities......this was once the party of the strong union man....and people like DeSantis is corralling LEO as a GOP bloc.

Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #1752 on: February 19, 2023, 05:35:32 PM »

Hogan will consider not running should he play spoiler for an anti Trump candidate
SCNCmod

« Reply #1753 on: February 20, 2023, 05:08:08 AM »

I strongly think that Biden or Harris ... are the 2 Dems that would lose the upcoming election

Dems need a presidential ticket... entirely from outside of the House and Senate... and under 70.

Best nominee would be NC Gov Roy Cooper, KY Gov Andy Beshear, slight possibility or Mayor Pete (I could see an outside chance of him making a good nominee, but not likely).  

Best VP. Maryland Gov Wes Moore
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1754 on: February 20, 2023, 10:13:58 AM »

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1627345295724974080
Hogan will consider not running should he play spoiler for an anti Trump candidate

If Hogan is serious about keeping Trump as far away from power as possible, he should endorse DeSantis as he seems to be the only one who has a chance in a GOP primary. And if DeSantis fails, just endorse Biden for reelection.

(not that his endorsement means much in a R-primary or the GE)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1755 on: February 20, 2023, 10:48:45 AM »

LoL the only State DeSantis would win is FL he is losing 52/48 which is a wave insurance map, he took blk History out of FL schools, he is a weak candidate he only won by 2o because he ran on IAJ and had Rubio when he ran with Scott he only won by 1 and he is underpolled Biden without Rubio
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #1756 on: February 21, 2023, 12:24:12 AM »

prag_prog
United States

« Reply #1757 on: February 22, 2023, 03:04:31 PM »

I am kinda surprised that Youngkin is polling so poorly...he is usually at 0% or 1% in most of the primary polls. Considering how much online Right hypes him (their 2nd most hyped candidate after DeSantis), polling at 0% is quite awful
Oppo

« Reply #1758 on: February 22, 2023, 06:24:40 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2023, 12:55:50 PM by Oppo »

Biden may not run — and top Dems are quietly preparing

Biden’s past decisions around seeking the presidency have been protracted, painstaking affairs. This time, he has slipped past his most ambitious timetable, as previously outlined by advisers, to launch in February. Now they are coalescing around April.

Democratic Govs. JB Pritzker of Illinois, Gavin Newsom of California and Phil Murphy of New Jersey have taken steps that could be seen as aimed at keeping the door cracked if Biden bows out — though with enough ambiguity to give them plausible deniability. Senators like Bernie Sanders and Amy Klobuchar have been making similar moves.

One source close to (Warren), however, said another presidential bid is highly unlikely regardless of what Biden decides.

Sanders’ former campaign co-chair, Rep. Ro Khanna (D-Calif), told POLITICO that Sanders “is preparing to run if Biden doesn’t,” adding he’d support Sanders in such a scenario.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1759 on: February 23, 2023, 09:58:39 AM »

Biden’s past decisions around seeking the presidency have been protracted, painstaking affairs. This time, he has slipped past his most ambitious timetable, as previously outlined by advisers, to launch in February. Now they are coalescing around April.

Democratic Govs. JB Pritzker of Illinois, Gavin Newsom of California and Phil Murphy of New Jersey have taken steps that could be seen as aimed at keeping the door cracked if Biden bows out — though with enough ambiguity to give them plausible deniability. Senators like Bernie Sanders and Amy Klobuchar have been making similar moves.

One source close to (Warren), however, said another presidential bid is highly unlikely regardless of what Biden decides.

Sanders’ former campaign co-chair, Rep. Ro Khanna (D-Calif), told POLITICO that Sanders “is preparing to run if Biden doesn’t,” adding he’d support Sanders in such a scenario.

Politico now seriously considering Williamson a non-joke candidate and comparing her to Reagan '76? LOL!

Almost certainly Biden is going to run, though according to Wikipedia an announcement is not happening before April.
Oppo

« Reply #1760 on: February 23, 2023, 11:55:37 AM »

Politico now seriously considering Williamson a non-joke candidate and comparing her to Reagan '76? LOL!

Almost certainly Biden is going to run, though according to Wikipedia an announcement is not happening before April.
Oh my b I linked to the wrong article
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1761 on: February 24, 2023, 06:56:25 AM »

Marianne Williamson is in.

Marianne Williamson, a prominent progressive who ran for president in 2020, confirmed in an interview published Thursday that she will run again for the Democratic nomination for president in 2024.

That would put her in a Democratic primary against President Biden, who has not announced his own plans but is widely expected to run for reelection next year.

“I wouldn’t be running for president if I didn’t believe I could contribute to harnessing the collective sensibility that I feel is our greatest hope at this time,” Williamson told the Medill News Service, which is run by Northwestern University, in an exclusive interview.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1762 on: February 24, 2023, 07:36:19 AM »

Marianne Williamson is in.

Marianne Williamson, a prominent progressive who ran for president in 2020, confirmed in an interview published Thursday that she will run again for the Democratic nomination for president in 2024.

That would put her in a Democratic primary against President Biden, who has not announced his own plans but is widely expected to run for reelection next year.

I wouldn’t be running for president if I didn’t believe I could contribute to harnessing the collective sensibility that I feel is our greatest hope at this time,” Williamson told the Medill News Service, which is run by Northwestern University, in an exclusive interview.

4 entire years have passed and this lady still talks like she's about to give me a tarot reading
Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #1763 on: February 24, 2023, 03:23:30 PM »

Screw it, I'm running a Write-In Campaign for the Democratic Primary. Can I get more votes than Marianne Williamson?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1764 on: February 24, 2023, 03:30:50 PM »

Screw it, I'm running a Write-In Campaign for the Democratic Primary. Can I get more votes than Marianne Williamson?

If you actually bothered to file for the Democratic primaries and spent some time going around raising money and what not, I bet you would get more votes than Marianne Williamson.
Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #1765 on: February 24, 2023, 03:32:21 PM »

If you actually bothered to file for the Democratic primaries and spent some time going around raising money and what not, I bet you would get more votes than Marianne Williamson.

I can't I'm 17
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #1766 on: February 24, 2023, 04:17:01 PM »

I can't I'm 17

Skill issue
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #1767 on: February 27, 2023, 06:12:45 AM »

Endorsed
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1768 on: February 27, 2023, 09:25:17 PM »

Lol they’ve really learned nothing from 2016
AltWorlder

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: 3.83

« Reply #1769 on: February 28, 2023, 03:05:42 PM »

Sure they have, they've learned to give us a good show! (Which probably started with the 2012 GOP primaries feat. Herman Cain)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1770 on: February 28, 2023, 03:06:56 PM »

Sure they have, they've learned to give us a good show! (Which probably started with the 2012 GOP primaries feat. Herman Cain)
Credit where credit is due...
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1771 on: March 02, 2023, 11:19:26 AM »

CPAC is beginning.

The famed Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) touts itself as "the largest and most influential gathering of conservatives in the world," but its attendance list this year -- and the presidential hopefuls staying away -- reflects instead a broader reckoning over the Republican Party's future.

The gathering, a longtime window into the grassroots of the Republican Party, in recent years has morphed into a prominent stage for allies of former President Donald Trump and is anticipated to heavily promote his platform this week, including offering him a prime time speaking slot Saturday.

Yet, as other current and potential 2024 presidential candidates flock to Maryland's National Harbor to address activists at the conference, which began Wednesday, over a half-dozen prospective contenders are instead choosing to keep their distance.

Trump, former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy and former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, all of whom are either running or have said they are mulling a 2024 bid, are slated to speak at CPAC. Current lawmakers on the schedule include firebrand Reps. Matt Gaetz, Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert.

Kari Lake, the 2022 Republican Arizona gubernatorial nominee and election conspiracy theorist, is also slated to speak.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1772 on: March 04, 2023, 05:16:19 PM »

AP Article from February 24, about a trio of Texans's moves (or lack thereof) towards 2024.

It’s early yet, but next year’s presidential race may feature something the political world hasn’t seen in the last 50 years: no Texans.

The Texas-size hole in the field will be on stark display Friday at a closed Republican donor event outside the state capital, Austin, featuring the likes of former Vice President Mike Pence, who is expected to mount a campaign, and former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, who announced her bid last week.

Some Texans could still run. Republican Gov. Greg Abbott won’t decide until after Memorial Day. Republican Sen. Ted Cruz, who ran in 2016, says he’s focused for now on reelection next year. Will Hurd, a onetime CIA agent and former Republican congressman from San Antonio, is seriously considering a bid and may bring on staff, aides say.
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #1773 on: March 04, 2023, 06:19:07 PM »

AP Article from February 24, about a trio of Texans's moves (or lack thereof) towards 2024.

It’s early yet, but next year’s presidential race may feature something the political world hasn’t seen in the last 50 years: no Texans.

The Texas-size hole in the field will be on stark display Friday at a closed Republican donor event outside the state capital, Austin, featuring the likes of former Vice President Mike Pence, who is expected to mount a campaign, and former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, who announced her bid last week.

Some Texans could still run. Republican Gov. Greg Abbott won’t decide until after Memorial Day. Republican Sen. Ted Cruz, who ran in 2016, says he’s focused for now on reelection next year. Will Hurd, a onetime CIA agent and former Republican congressman from San Antonio, is seriously considering a bid and may bring on staff, aides say.

I feel like Hurd would only run so that he can have his moment on stage attacking Trump and then get more gigs. I do wonder if the RNC will allow people like that on the debate stage, when several candidates will just try and attack Trump to bring him down whilst knowing they can’t win.
JMT

« Reply #1774 on: March 05, 2023, 10:19:39 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 85  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies