Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:40:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 ... 250
Author Topic: Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0  (Read 289664 times)
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2575 on: October 11, 2021, 03:35:39 PM »

Did people actually think that this wouldn’t happen?  Of course Dems are “alarmed” as they never prepare ahead for anything and never learn from previous mistakes (I.e. 1993/1994 and 2009/2010). 
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2576 on: October 11, 2021, 03:38:56 PM »

I haven't checked RCP so I don't know how Biden is performing. That said, he was dealt a bad hand. Covid is not his fault.

More specifically, the Delta variant of it. The pandemic would already be over for Americans if they were just dealing with the original variant or even the UK one (Alpha).
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2577 on: October 11, 2021, 04:01:35 PM »

Listening to the news and scrolling through social media, you'd think his approval rating is in the 20s.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #2578 on: October 11, 2021, 04:12:02 PM »

Biden is probably low-mid 50s on RCP. People are panicking over nothing.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2579 on: October 11, 2021, 04:12:10 PM »

I do think he'll rebound somewhat.

His approval is going to mimic covid-19.  It's what he was elected to fix, and if cases go down, his approval rating goes up.  It's why Republican governors are doing everything in their power to ensure more people get sick.

This is a deranged statement
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #2580 on: October 11, 2021, 04:18:01 PM »

Listening to the news and scrolling through social media, you'd think his approval rating is in the 20s.
Same thing under Trump
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2581 on: October 11, 2021, 04:53:47 PM »

Same thing under Trump

Nah. Trump's approval right now was nearly -20 on average in 2017. That is considered "plummeting" and is worthy of the sky is falling narratives. Biden's average is .... -5 right now, and that's with outliers like Trafalgar and Rasmussen involved. Yes, it's *down* from where it was, but the DC press is also so traumatized by Trump that they somehow think -5 is horrific and can't come back from somehow
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #2582 on: October 11, 2021, 05:53:21 PM »

Same thing under Trump

Nah. Trump's approval right now was nearly -20 on average in 2017. That is considered "plummeting" and is worthy of the sky is falling narratives. Biden's average is .... -5 right now, and that's with outliers like Trafalgar and Rasmussen involved. Yes, it's *down* from where it was, but the DC press is also so traumatized by Trump that they somehow think -5 is horrific and can't come back from somehow

Also have to point out that this is also with a constant monthslong drum best of bad press.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2583 on: October 11, 2021, 06:24:56 PM »
« Edited: October 11, 2021, 06:31:29 PM by Mr. Kanye West »

We are rapidly approaching Election Day 2022/ it's make or break Election if we get a 222/216DH and a 52/48 Senate or more we will clinch the 2024/Election, DC Statehood Tester already said he is for Filibuster reform and will make Rs do a Standing Filibuster and 53 votes with Ryan will break the Filibuster entirely and pass Reparations

Manchin lied to us and said he was gonna make it painful for Rs to do a Standing Fillibuster and nothing happened but Tester will and so will Ryan and Demings

D's only have to worry about Hassan abd Whitmer and Mills due to ME 2 Golden will win and buck Mills he will challenge Collins in 2026 whose states have no Senate races, but that's why we have FL, it's the first battleground state up and it's not gonna go R so quickly as in 2020/ D's aren't gonna underperform Miami. Steele can win too, but Van Hollen have the support of Blks and won't lose, Hogan should challenge Cardin in 2024/ Cardin has zero Blk support

Northeast is more Conservative than on Prez races because of huge White population and Sunbelt is more liberal did to Afro Americans.

That's why IA can vote R due to Kim Reynolds has a 60% Approval 3% Blk and why OH, NC and FL can go D 40% Latinos
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #2584 on: October 11, 2021, 06:35:32 PM »

Same thing under Trump
True. Let's hit the breaks with Biden. He's only -9.5 on RCP it turns out. That isn't terrible. If Covid recedes and he gets back to 45+ he's not in bad shape.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2585 on: October 11, 2021, 08:58:20 PM »

RCP is a biased right wing website. They instantly put up terrible polls from Rasmussen and Trafalgar, but often don't add in polls that favor Biden.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2586 on: October 11, 2021, 11:36:27 PM »

You guys really keep up with Approval ratings a yr before an Election and were only expected to gain 10 H seats in 2017, 33 H seats in Aug 2018 THE CAMPAIGN BEGINS ON 2022

NEWS FLASH MD Steele ME LePage , MI Craig GOV can go R and NH Sen, Sununu, if Steele runs in MD I will endorse him but Van Hollen isn't Cardin he is close with Shrivers and Kennedy's in MD unlike Markey and Cardin whom has no relationship with Blks

FL, OH, NC can go D for Sen as partisan trends don't go bye 304 blue wall in Midterms that's why Brown, Sinema won 2018 and Quinn and Udall lost in 2014 and Alex Sink barely lost to Rick Scott in 2010
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #2587 on: October 12, 2021, 04:15:32 AM »

I honestly think the thing hurting the President's approval ratings is more fundamental and something the media is rarely talking about. (I think most of the other stuff is just kindling on a fire.) It's the rapidly increasing cost of groceries and day-to-day essentials. Speaking for myself, it's something I've noticed and almost everyone talks about in real life interactions. I'm not blaming Biden for it, but a lot of people probably are or are otherwise frustrated and taking it out on the party in power. If this doesn't get resolved, I think that is what could crush us in the midterms. The best price for a gallon of milk early this year was less than $1.50. Now it's closer to $2.50. There are a multitude of things I've seen in the grocery store jump in price by similar margins.

Where do you live where a gallon of milk is $1.50 or even $2.50? In Philly/Philly-area, it's always been closer to $3.50.

If I said where I bought it, I'm not sure I'm still allowed to have my red avatar. It hasn't been the lower price since spring. You just have to know how to shop. Yeah, I know plenty of places where it's $4 or even $4.50. I just don't buy it from those places, lol.

But on a more serious note and to what I said before, I do think that is having an effect. It's not inflation though. It's the supply chain issues. It's rippling all throughout the economy and I do believe it is hurting Biden's numbers.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #2588 on: October 12, 2021, 04:23:34 AM »

I honestly think the thing hurting the President's approval ratings is more fundamental and something the media is rarely talking about. (I think most of the other stuff is just kindling on a fire.) It's the rapidly increasing cost of groceries and day-to-day essentials. Speaking for myself, it's something I've noticed and almost everyone talks about in real life interactions. I'm not blaming Biden for it, but a lot of people probably are or are otherwise frustrated and taking it out on the party in power. If this doesn't get resolved, I think that is what could crush us in the midterms. The best price for a gallon of milk early this year was less than $1.50. Now it's closer to $2.50. There are a multitude of things I've seen in the grocery store jump in price by similar margins.

Where do you live where a gallon of milk is $1.50 or even $2.50? In Philly/Philly-area, it's always been closer to $3.50.

If I said where I bought it, I'm not sure I'm still allowed to have my red avatar. It hasn't been the lower price since spring. You just have to know how to shop. Yeah, I know plenty of places where it's $4 or even $4.50. I just don't buy it from those places, lol.

But on a more serious note and to what I said before, I do think that is having an effect. It's not inflation though. It's the supply chain issues. It's rippling all throughout the economy and I do believe it is hurting Biden's numbers.

I sense that the supply chain stuff is making people generally quite disgusted with the country at large, which of course results in lower approval for Biden, even if there isn't much outrage directed towards him specifically.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2589 on: October 12, 2021, 05:12:38 AM »

I sense that the supply chain stuff is making people generally quite disgusted with the country at large, which of course results in lower approval for Biden, even if there isn't much outrage directed towards him specifically.

Which is just... odd to me. Like maybe some of us just process info better than others, but even it the situation was reversed, I would not blame Trump for rising gas or rising grocery store prices/inflation. It's just common senes that we are literally coming out of a pandemic and things are going to be screwed up for a bit, no matter who is president. I don't get why people can't just realize this rationally? (not to mention presidents have NEVER had any control over gas prices, so that's inane that anyone ever blames them for that)
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #2590 on: October 12, 2021, 05:42:44 AM »

Which is just... odd to me. Like maybe some of us just process info better than others, but even it the situation was reversed, I would not blame Trump for rising gas or rising grocery store prices/inflation. It's just common senes that we are literally coming out of a pandemic and things are going to be screwed up for a bit, no matter who is president. I don't get why people can't just realize this rationally? (not to mention presidents have NEVER had any control over gas prices, so that's inane that anyone ever blames them for that)

I completely agree with you, but rational, logical arguments don't work on the average American voter. This is a feelings country unfortunately, not a thinking country. The President is blamed regardless of direct impact. If gas prices go up, the President's approval goes down. It really is that simple, unfortunately. It's why Democrats have more issues than they should winning elections. The average voter is not affected by rational arguments. You cant use logic and reason to win in this country.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2591 on: October 12, 2021, 01:07:18 PM »
« Edited: October 12, 2021, 01:11:40 PM by Mr. Kanye West »

pbower2A is yep Whitmer is gonna be Pat Quinn of 2014/ and Hassan will be Blanched if SUNUNU runs, the 304 blue wall is less Partisan in Midterms and Craig and Steele can become Afro American Gov

As I said before a 1976 election can happen, be if McCounghey runs we can see TX going blue and FL Sen going blue and FL Gov go red but Cruise is more likely to win if Beto is nominated and we won in Red KY, this is exactly how 19776 went down

NH, IL, ME and MI going red and ME 2 can cause Mills not Golden to lose OH SEN, WI and PA go blue, we are going to win IL but Whitmer can lose like Quinn as I have always said

Hello DC statehood and Demings and Ryan said they support Reparations too

ITS UNLIKELY, BUT CAN HAPPEN, BIDEN WON RED WALL STATES IN 2008/2012/ AS VEEP

Get a 54/46 SEN AND 222/216DH and Trump keep lying about he won and LA and NY have 16M people and Chicago has 4M counting suburbs, how does Trump believe he won and we won 80M votes, every audit add D votes

We are so close to ending Filibuster once and for all, 2020 Temp stopped us but not Permanent
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2592 on: October 12, 2021, 01:20:28 PM »
« Edited: October 12, 2021, 05:06:16 PM by Josh Shapiro for Governor »

You should be careful when citing RCP. Every poll that they enter into their datasets is weighted equally, so a sh*t tier pollster like Rassmussen has as much power at swaying the averages as a high quality pollster like Selzer. Also, many people have observed that they tend to be selective in which polls they enter and they usually rearrange the order in which they're punched in to try and get a better result for Republicans.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2593 on: October 12, 2021, 01:23:19 PM »

You should be careful when citing RCP. Every poll that they enter into their datasets is weighed equally, so a sh*t tier pollster like Rassmussen has as much power at swaying the averages as a high quality pollster like Selzer. Also, many people have observed that they tend to be selective in which polls they enter and they usually rearrange the order in which they're punched in to try and get a better result for Republicans.

They have also refused to answer questions about how they decide which polls to include.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2594 on: October 12, 2021, 05:20:39 PM »

Biden is at 48/52 in VA among likely voters (Gov race). YouGov/CBS.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/virginia-governor-race-vaccine-economy-opinion-poll/

McAuliffe +3.

If true, Qunnipiac and Selzer's #s make sense.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2595 on: October 12, 2021, 10:41:16 PM »

Why hasn't pbower2A responded with Whitmer being down by Six pts to Craig, just like with Hassan being down to SUNUNU, 304 maps nothing in Midterms that's why we lost iL with Quinn and CO with Udall in 2014/ and Sherrod Brown and SINEMA won in 2018 and Scott Walker won, but Johnson praising Proud Boys isn't WALKER.
Ryan can win while Hassan loses it's a 1976 Map
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2596 on: October 13, 2021, 12:36:27 AM »

Each user like to 🍒🍒 Cherry pick polls they like if Baker is ahead they believe it but if Hassan or Whitmer is behind they say it's junkie

Just like Rs like to believe that D's won't win OH, NC and FL again because an Insurrectionists Trump won them, well D's won them in 2008/12, with Biden as Veep to Obama and we thought they were solid D states until 2014/ Whitmer is Quinn and Hassan is Blanch Lincoln, both lost in 2010/14
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2597 on: October 13, 2021, 09:02:23 AM »

The Economist/YouGov weekly tracker, Oct. 9-12, 1500 adults including 1266 RV

Adults:

Approve 40 (-2)
Disapprove 50 (+2)

Strongly approve 17 (-3)
Strongly disapprove 38 (+1)

RV:

Approve 42 (-2)
Disapprove 51 (+2)

Strongly approve 19 (-4)
Strongly disapprove 41 (+2)

GCB (RV only): D 45 (+2), R 37 (+1)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2598 on: October 13, 2021, 09:07:24 AM »

The Economist/YouGov weekly tracker, Oct. 9-12, 1500 adults including 1266 RV

Adults:

Approve 40 (-2)
Disapprove 50 (+2)

Strongly approve 17 (-3)
Strongly disapprove 38 (+1)

RV:

Approve 42 (-2)
Disapprove 51 (+2)

Strongly approve 19 (-4)
Strongly disapprove 41 (+2)

GCB (RV only): D 45 (+2), R 37 (+1)

Here I think is a great example of what we've been talking about. There is a decent chunk clearly right now that disapprove of Biden but are still going to vote D. So just b/c Bidens approvals are bad does not necessarily mean Rs have a giant opening.

Though this poll, like Ipsos, has also tended to be swingy lately too.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2599 on: October 13, 2021, 11:04:05 AM »

I’m truly not trying to be rude to some of you, but it strains credulity to believe that a president with a -10 approval is going to see his party win the midterms by 8 points, one of the largest midterm victories in American history.

It’s insanity to believe it, and ZERO 2021 results suggest it. Zero.

You guys are all among the smartest election geeks online, and you truly believe that yougov gcb poll? Jeez
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 ... 250  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies