GOP Budget: Raise retirement age for SS, Medicare changes, ACA rollback, abortion ban
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:35:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  GOP Budget: Raise retirement age for SS, Medicare changes, ACA rollback, abortion ban
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GOP Budget: Raise retirement age for SS, Medicare changes, ACA rollback, abortion ban  (Read 779 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 20, 2024, 08:18:48 PM »

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2024, 08:24:28 PM »

Note that if the "Life At Conception Act" passes, IVF will be illegal in all 50 states (not to mention make the other 35 states completely ban abortion in all cases to match the 15 that already have), so Democrats are NOT being hysterical or "crazy liars" when we're concerned about this.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2024, 08:41:37 PM »

This is very based, but its too bad that they had to put the evangelical poison pill in there. However, I don't really care that much about abortion compared to other issues so this is still better than nothing.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2024, 08:46:07 PM »

By all means, run on this.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2024, 08:51:37 PM »

Personally, I'd rather the careers of members of the SS ended much earlier.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2024, 10:09:12 PM »

Biden is not being hyperbolic when he warns us about all this.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2024, 10:11:33 PM »

Begging Republicans to run on a platform of "we will take away your children's healthcare."
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2024, 10:15:23 PM »

Remember how angry blue avatars were here a few weeks ago when we said Republicans wanted to ban IVF nationally? (As in, angry at us for saying that, not angry at their own Senators and Representatives that we were right)
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2024, 10:44:27 PM »

Where's Shaula ? I thought she said Trump was going to protect the social safety net.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2024, 04:21:32 AM »

These people are the exact opposite of paranoiacs.
They believe that all this stuff they are promoting is actually popular.
Steve from Lambeth
Greece

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2024, 05:00:41 AM »

RSC Budget 24-25: press release; full text; summary. There are roughly as many measures in the actual proposal package as there are active members of Talk Elections - please read.

(These are Wayback Machine screenshots. The RSC website will no longer be hosted at rsc-hern.house.gov when he stands down as head of the caucus and I assume his website will be vacated when he leaves the House itself.)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2024, 08:56:29 AM »

Seems weird to run on things that are universally hated but what do I know
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2024, 09:12:51 AM »

And people don't believe me when I say Trump will easily outrun the median Republican candidate for Congress...
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2024, 10:06:55 AM »

And people don't believe me when I say Trump will easily outrun the median Republican candidate for Congress...

Trump would support these measures though and if such bills by a GOP congress land on his desk, he'll sign them.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2024, 10:26:07 AM »

Trump would support these measures though and if such bills by a GOP congress land on his desk, he'll sign them.

Trump is a verified liar. He told the gullible he would raise taxes on rich people like him and passed a large tax cut that benefitted the very wealthy and real estate developers.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2024, 10:59:42 AM »

Where's Shaula ? I thought she said Trump was going to protect the social safety net.

It's nighttime in Australia.
Electric Circus
United States
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2024, 11:29:56 AM »

This news is best digested alongside these lines from Trump's Dayton rally last week:

Crooked Joe is robbing our seniors blind to pay for his Green New Scam and his massive migrant invasion. If the millions of Biden Migrants are allowed to stay, Medicare and Social Security will buckle and collapse.

Joe Biden is throwing Granny off the cliff to fund welfare, healthcare, and free housing for illegal aliens!

As President, I will always protect Medicare and Social Security for AMERICAN SENIORS. I made that promise, and I kept that promise. Your Medicare and Social Security will be safe with me. I GUARANTEE IT!
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2024, 12:00:58 PM »

Indeed - it's telling that while Trump will meddle in primaries to try to defeat people who he feels have personally slighted him, he has never tried to recruit primary challengers to House members who sign onto this stuff or given speeches about how, "Crooked Kevin Hern wants to take away Social Security and Medicare from hardworking Americans! Time to vote him out and lock him up!"
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2024, 12:15:08 PM »

Indeed - it's telling that while Trump will meddle in primaries to try to defeat people who he feels have personally slighted him, he has never tried to recruit primary challengers to House members who sign onto this stuff or given speeches about how, "Crooked Kevin Hern wants to take away Social Security and Medicare from hardworking Americans! Time to vote him out and lock him up!"

Trump has never been a serious politician. I don't think he ever expected to win in 2016 anyway. His shtick was his brand. The showman. The guy never had a serious political platform.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2024, 01:02:34 PM »

I'll believe our political "leaders" oppose cutting Social Security when they stop actually cutting Social Security.

For the past 40 years, it's been nothing but cuts, cuts, cuts.

The "third rail" of politics is actually the first thing they cut. Always.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2024, 02:00:01 PM »

I'll believe our political "leaders" oppose cutting Social Security when they stop actually cutting Social Security.

Good. Social security should be dissolved.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2024, 05:07:40 PM »

Because putting millions of seniors on the street and leaving others with no choice to work until they die is brilliant. You really don't get how much this would end of costing the government even more money in mitigation costs for homelessness, hunger, health care, etc.
SInNYC

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2024, 01:15:31 PM »

Because putting millions of seniors on the street and leaving others with no choice to work until they die is brilliant. You really don't get how much this would end of costing the government even more money in mitigation costs for homelessness, hunger, health care, etc.

I dont think those pushing this plan on mitigating much of anything. Their mitigation strategy is to 'let them live in their car' and 'let them eat from the dumpster'. And restrict them to some land in the middle of nowhere so that they dont bother "productive Americans".

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies