Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:44:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 344777 times)
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4150 on: November 02, 2021, 05:21:31 PM »

Prince William is not voting for Trumpkin.

The Jurisdiction in nova to look at is Manassas and Manassas Park.

i am also asking kindly that people are civil in my thread. It reflects bad off me if this thread is a dumspter fire.
It's actually been surprisingly civil how people have been on Election Night so far.  Maybe I'm jinxing it but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pleasantly surprised.

I’ve had to delete far fewer posts than I expected personally but I can’t speak for other moderators.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4151 on: November 02, 2021, 05:21:38 PM »

So in his last pitch McAuliffe had nothing more to say than "Trump bad" and kept bringing up Youngkin's Trump endorsement. Youngkin actually spent his last pitch talking about his policies.

this is blatantly false lol

Youngkins' entire message was CRT = bad and Virginia Public Schools = bad

Uh, no? Did you read his last pitch speech?

Link ?

It's somewhere in here

https://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/2021-elections-live-updates-and-results/
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #4152 on: November 02, 2021, 05:21:50 PM »

If Youngkin doesn't win there are going to be a whole lot of angry blue avatars on here. They are boosting themselves up for a landslide that might not even happened based on an early exit poll.

And even if he does win you won't see Democrats threatening violence or demanding audits. That is the difference between the parties.

lol. You forget riots in 2020 by your friends. And accusation of fraud in 2000, 2004, georgia,...

What riots in 2020? And the fraud accusations in 2000 and 2004 were nowhere near as mainstream among Democrats as the fraud allegations are amongst Republicans. Don't reply to my posts with your silly self.

BLM riots but I see that you are in denial. Even for the rest. lol.

You were implying that there were riots over the election. No one is talking about BLM, but of course you people have to bring it up at every turn. Typical.

please...

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37946231

That's from 2016, you said there were riots over the election in 2020. You lied and got called out. Let it go.

lol. The riots in 2020 were BLM riots. After, i prove to you that dems can also riot when they lose elections.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #4153 on: November 02, 2021, 05:22:02 PM »

It's funny that TMac ran a Hillary 2016 campaign on steroids against a candidate who is much more of a Romney era mainline Republican.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4154 on: November 02, 2021, 05:22:12 PM »

Remember no matter what happens, Demographics are better in VA for Democrats than Republicans and another piece of history that is true is that the State Senate elections historically underperform the incumbent governors party. Yup, it did in 2019 as well.

The GOP is effective in campaigning against issues that do not exist. CRT, pandemic restrictions for example.

But objectively, Tmac ran a poor campaign.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4155 on: November 02, 2021, 05:22:34 PM »

Prince William is not voting for Trumpkin.

The Jurisdiction in nova to look at is Manassas and Manassas Park.

i am also asking kindly that people are civil in my thread. It reflects bad off me if this thread is a dumspter fire.
It's actually been surprisingly civil how people have been on Election Night so far.  Maybe I'm jinxing it but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pleasantly surprised.

I’ve had to delete far fewer posts than I expected personally but I can’t speak for other moderators.
That's good to hear.
Keep up the good work!
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4156 on: November 02, 2021, 05:22:41 PM »

Fairfax city has hit 60% turnout... up from 56% in 2017.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #4157 on: November 02, 2021, 05:24:00 PM »

If Youngkin doesn't win there are going to be a whole lot of angry blue avatars on here. They are boosting themselves up for a landslide that might not even happened based on an early exit poll.

And even if he does win you won't see Democrats threatening violence or demanding audits. That is the difference between the parties.

lol. You forget riots in 2020 by your friends. And accusation of fraud in 2000, 2004, georgia,...

What riots in 2020? And the fraud accusations in 2000 and 2004 were nowhere near as mainstream among Democrats as the fraud allegations are amongst Republicans. Don't reply to my posts with your silly self.

BLM riots but I see that you are in denial. Even for the rest. lol.

You were implying that there were riots over the election. No one is talking about BLM, but of course you people have to bring it up at every turn. Typical.

please...

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37946231

That's from 2016, you said there were riots over the election in 2020. You lied and got called out. Let it go.

lol. The riots in 2020 were BLM riots. After, i prove to you that dems can also riot when they lose elections.

Random people rioting is not the same thing as actual Republican elected officials organizing an attack on the US Capitol and actively trying to overturn legitimate election results. You are comparing apples to oranges.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4158 on: November 02, 2021, 05:24:17 PM »

PLEASE POST WEBSITE LINKS TO A GOOD VA GOVERNOR ELECTION RESULTS PAGE.

did you get the extra large coffee today?

LOL. Sorry.
I can only drink decaf. My body reacts quite negatively to caffeine (in my old-ish age).

Thank you, but I'm getting a subscription "wall" to use the NYT election results page.
Anyone have other alternatives, please post.

Washington Post:  (If you don't have a sub and haven't used up your monthly freebies)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elections/election-results/virginia/

I believe Miles & the folks at the UVA and Crystal Ball will be tracking as well:

https://projects.cnalysis.com/21-22/state-legislative/results/virginia

OK.
Thank you.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4159 on: November 02, 2021, 05:24:28 PM »

7 PM Poll Closing.  Ensure you look at the released early votes in Fairfax County and watch my vote live!

Let's see his tmac trails behind other dems.

If he is ahead.. it may end up being a rough night.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4160 on: November 02, 2021, 05:24:36 PM »

we asked users on "the Atlas forum" to provide some educated insight into the election tonight

Credit - Nickelodeon, MTV Networks, Viacom
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #4161 on: November 02, 2021, 05:25:11 PM »

GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #4162 on: November 02, 2021, 05:25:46 PM »

I didn't think I was going to have to drink to deal with the outcome of this election. I still don't, even if Youngkin romps, but I might just need to drink to deal with other people dealing with this election.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4163 on: November 02, 2021, 05:28:03 PM »

AP Vote Cast exit poll has education decently lower. Interesting if we get a 2020 Edison. vs Votecast again

In the race between Democrat Terry McAuliffe and Republican Glenn Youngkin, 34% of Virginia voters say the economy and jobs was the most important issue facing the state. Seventeen percent name COVID-19 and 14% choose education, according to AP VoteCast, a survey of voters.

Health care (7%), climate change (7%), racism (5%), immigration (5%), abortion (5%) and law enforcement (4%) were all lower-tier issues.

https://apnews.com/article/virginia-election-ap-votecast-survey-75520c5c9a245bee384526abc138a61a?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=AP_Politics&utm_source=Twitter

Fascinating.  This other exit poll looks like a narrow McAuliffe win. 
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #4164 on: November 02, 2021, 05:28:39 PM »

I didn't think I was going to have to drink to deal with the outcome of this election. I still don't, even if Youngkin romps, but I might just need to drink to deal with other people dealing with this election.

If this is what happens when an exit poll showing Youngkin winning comes out, then we're completely screwed if he actually wins. I, for one, will be dipping immediately until midterms.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #4165 on: November 02, 2021, 05:28:47 PM »

Remember no matter what happens, Demographics are better in VA for Democrats than Republicans and another piece of history that is true is that the State Senate elections historically underperform the incumbent governors party. Yup, it did in 2019 as well.

The GOP is effective in campaigning against issues that do not exist. CRT, pandemic restrictions for example.

But objectively, Tmac ran a poor campaign.
This is fundamentally the problem. Democrats, as a party, go out of their way to not have issues and constantly promote candidates with no strong narrative re:why they should be elected. McAullffe, Clinton, Sinema, so on. Their pitch is essentially vote for me because I’m a good guy. Republicans go out of their way to invent issues to give them that narrative.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4166 on: November 02, 2021, 05:29:17 PM »

Was gone for an hour, what is new
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #4167 on: November 02, 2021, 05:29:29 PM »

Nobody tell him.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4168 on: November 02, 2021, 05:30:02 PM »

PLEASE POST WEBSITE LINKS TO A GOOD VA GOVERNOR ELECTION RESULTS PAGE.

did you get the extra large coffee today?

LOL. Sorry.
I can only drink decaf. My body reacts quite negatively to caffeine (in my old-ish age).

Thank you, but I'm getting a subscription "wall" to use the NYT election results page.
Anyone have other alternatives, please post.

Washington Post:  (If you don't have a sub and haven't used up your monthly freebies)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elections/election-results/virginia/

I believe Miles & the folks at the UVA and Crystal Ball will be tracking as well:

https://projects.cnalysis.com/21-22/state-legislative/results/virginia

OK.
Thank you.

Looks like DDHQ will be tracking as well...

https://elections-daily.com/2021/11/02/virginia-election-results/
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4169 on: November 02, 2021, 05:30:06 PM »

Half an hour till polls close.
I wonder if Atlas can behave itself in the meantime.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #4170 on: November 02, 2021, 05:30:11 PM »

Literally everything. The sky had a <1% chance of falling one hour ago, but we got a new data point and now the odds are approximately 110%.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4171 on: November 02, 2021, 05:30:24 PM »

538 live blog: https://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/2021-elections-live-updates-and-results/ (apologies if already posted, I was away for an hour and came back to >10 new pages which I'm not going to read).
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4172 on: November 02, 2021, 05:30:43 PM »

So McAuliffe will jump out to a massive lead at first. We'll see if it's massive enough to hold.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4173 on: November 02, 2021, 05:31:01 PM »

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #4174 on: November 02, 2021, 05:31:30 PM »

This site is essentially a monkey beating a drum very loudly while on PCP.
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies