Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:36:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 340307 times)
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« on: November 11, 2020, 06:01:35 PM »

Any primary challengers to Herring? He really shouldn't be in public office.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 07:47:36 PM »

Race is obviously safe D. What's Chase's ceiling?
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 07:20:49 PM »

URGENT! Please support Terry Mcauliffe.

https://terrymcauliffe.com/

The HD-02 special election results are concerning with the caveat that few people paid attention or even know that election was occurring. Even I was barely aware of it.. and I follow VA politics closely.

Donate to him now!!

We may not be able to redraw the delegate lines yet and he is the only candidate that can keep the house of delegates.

McAuliffe sucks. No reason for a moderate in a safe D state.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 12:01:49 PM »

Is it just me, or does Jay Jones give off “future president” vibes?
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 02:55:40 PM »

Is it just me, or does Jay Jones give off “future president” vibes?

Maybe, but Virginia is different enough from America-writ-large now in terms of the people you have to appeal to to win that the path will be harder and having a Virginian on a presidential ticket is probably a net negative in the current alignment (as 2016 arguably showed). 

Perhaps, but I think blaming Clinton's loss on Tim Kaine being on the ticket is an inaccurate assessment of events.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2021, 10:20:27 PM »

Why exactly does the VAGOP do conventions instead of primaries? They're the only state party that does afaik.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2021, 12:55:10 PM »

I'm very unlikely to change my mind so after being vaccinated this morning,  I went ahead and voted.

Voted for Terry Mcaufflie for Governor candidate, Sam Rasoul for Lt Governor and Jay Jones for attorney General.

I voted a little differently:

Governor: Terry McAuliffe
Lt. Governor: Hala Ayala
Attorney General: Mark Herring

Why did you vote Herring over Jones?
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2021, 11:27:28 AM »

Is he trying to lose?

Does Trumpkin know that Virginia is an extremely pro-choice state? Why would he think this is a winning message, abortion rights are an extremely important issue to many Virginians.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2021, 10:46:55 AM »

If Va was like CA with a total baked in early mail vote, maybe, but over 50% of VA's electorate will vote in person on Tuesday, so how would any news be 'too late'?

I don't really see how infrastructure is even related to the VA gubernatorial election. Is anybody's vote actually gonna be decided by whether infrastructure gets passed or not?
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2021, 05:52:55 PM »

There is no scenario where McAuliffe loses. The end.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2021, 07:59:43 PM »

Do people honestly believe parents should be directly consulted about what their kids get taught? This whole controversy is so odd to me. Parents do not have any idea how to teach kids, leave it to the professionals. Homeschool your kid if you care so much. I cannot fathom why this whole nothingburger could decide how someone votes, especially when it has nothing to do with the office up for election.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2021, 08:10:36 PM »

Do people honestly believe parents should be directly consulted about what their kids get taught? This whole controversy is so odd to me. Parents do not have any idea how to teach kids, leave it to the professionals. Homeschool your kid if you care so much. I cannot fathom why this whole nothingburger could decide how someone votes, especially when it has nothing to do with the office up for election.

Have you seen the nsfw images from "Genderqueer" depicting child sex that were removed from VA schools? Id certainly rather have parents making decisions than chucklehead teachers who think that is appropriate. Ditto for Lawnboy and racist Ibrahim kendi books. Id trust a junkie to teach kids before id trust a kendi fan.

Why in god's name would I want to look at that? Was this encouraged by the teachers? Was this kid taught to so? I can absolutely guarantee that none of that occurred.

I'll admit I don't know much about the rape coverup, but it sounds awful from what I've heard, and the school board should be held accountable. But that does not mean I want some crazy right-wing christian dictating what they teach to my kids in school. I'll take a real teacher with a real degree over a R*publican any day.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2021, 10:15:44 AM »

Happy election day, everyone! God help us all.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2021, 11:10:01 AM »

Limoliberal posting that guy is giving me 2017 flashbacks

This whole election season has felt very nostalgic for me. The 2017 elections were the first non-presidential races I followed closely. I even joined Atlas just to read news and discussions about VA.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2021, 11:47:26 AM »

The real question that has me at the edge of my seat... is when this thread will hit 200 pages.

I'm gonna be bold and predict before polls close tonight.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2021, 12:21:11 PM »

RED ALERT RED ALERT RED ALERT! THERE IS RAIN IN NOVA NOW FOR REAL!!! THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

President-elect Youngkin incoming.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2021, 12:22:46 PM »

Is there any reason why polls close so early in VA? 7PM doesn't leave much time for the after-work crowd.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2021, 03:57:54 PM »

Twitter is the worst thing, possibly ever

Possibly?
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2021, 04:19:49 PM »

I see the Atlas pendulum has begun to swing once again.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2021, 04:43:36 PM »

Everything we seem to have now points to essentially a dead heat. I can say with somewhat reasonable confidence that we're going to be in for a relatively long night and that perhaps everyone needs to make plans to stay up later than usual.
Based on the exit poll I’d say Youngkin is winning by 53-44. Honestly, I think it’s time to stick a fork in Virginia, as I’m more concerned about what’s happening in New Jersey, because if we lose that the Democrats are finished.

If Democrats lose NJ you will never see me on this forum again, lmao. Nobody serious thinks that's even a remote possibility.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2021, 05:09:18 PM »

Mods gonna have a fun one tonight for an off-year

I cannot think of a worse job than being a moderator of the Atlas forums. They work way too hard for no pay and essentially no recognition.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2021, 05:15:21 PM »

Prince William is not voting for Trumpkin.

The Jurisdiction in nova to look at is Manassas and Manassas Park.

i am also asking kindly that people are civil in my thread. It reflects bad off me if this thread is a dumspter fire.

I don't see why anyone would hold you responsible for that.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2021, 05:28:39 PM »

I didn't think I was going to have to drink to deal with the outcome of this election. I still don't, even if Youngkin romps, but I might just need to drink to deal with other people dealing with this election.

If this is what happens when an exit poll showing Youngkin winning comes out, then we're completely screwed if he actually wins. I, for one, will be dipping immediately until midterms.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2021, 05:29:29 PM »

Nobody tell him.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2021, 05:34:19 PM »

This site is essentially a monkey beating a drum very loudly while on PCP.

Ah, you're a Nickelback fan too?

Nickelback is underrated as hell, change my mind.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies