Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 08:06:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)  (Read 128778 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 16, 2019, 08:35:00 AM »

Bernie's odds look grim, he has a relatively high floor but low ceiling, and most winnable voters have gone to other candidates. His numbers may gradually decline over the coming months.

His only hope at this point is if Warren collapses but at this point, that is unlikely. He may be better off dropping out. He's run a bad campaign filled with some of the most toxic people around. He should go back to what he's good at and being a Senator.

Like I've said before, Bernie and Warren's stylistic differences are strong enough to distinguish their supporter bases. Him dropping out would probably throw the election to Biden, who offers the same nostalgic appeal and appeals to a more working-class crowd.

Appeals to rationality and reality are verboten in this place, sawx.  The Old Atlas Sanders thread is merely a group therapy session for people here who hate Sanders to talk about how much they think he sucks.  Half the posts already are just call and response to General MacArthur's disastrous shrieking into the void.  Who writes posts like he does about candidates he doesn't even like?  Disturbing stuff!
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 01:18:10 PM »

Unprecedented!  Truly a benchmark for future campaigns of, by, and for everyday people.  No way for the media to spin this other than crap out a few polls of Starbucks patrons in wealthy neighborhoods.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 04:14:13 PM »

It's funny how Saint Bernie can't stop (or at least he says so) the bros from behaving like entitled jerks on the internet but he will absolutely persuade Mitch McConnell to pass his policies.

Imagine hating Bernie so much you're willing to resort to casual sexism to score points on him

(and this is coming from someone who agrees with dotard and finds the doxing in poor taste)

Imagine loving Bernie so much you're willing to resort to casual racism to defend him.

See how that also doesn't make any sense?

Bernie Bro is an inherently gendered term. It erases female supporters of the Bernie campaign. Actually, I'll go as far as to say it erases people of color too, as the guy who created the stereotype used it to stereotype Bernie supporters as white males.

Overall, those who use the term are trafficking in racism and sexism at best, and at worst fully embracing it.

Well said, sawx.  Amazing to see the neoliberals who have nerve to claim the flag of anti-racism and progressive social policy as their own engage in such blatant erasure of females and minority groups.  That brownface on neoliberal Trudeau is just so emblematic of the whole lot of 'em, from the Pretty Boi PM himself right down to the self-righteous liberal latte sippers here.  Most depressing!
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 04:41:33 PM »

It's incredibly irritating when Bernie Bros pretend to be oblivious to semantics and context just to divert the conversation away from their incredibly toxic behavior.

Your buddies on Twitter told WFP members to "eat s**t and die", "I hope you get cancer", "drop dead dumb c**nt", etc. etc. and you're sitting here going

You clearly have no idea of who I am or what my positions are if you're going to make that argument. My views of the WFP spat and Elizabeth Warren are publicly available on here, and they certainly aren't "what the cultists did is justified". Dare I say that misquoting me as defending their actions is defamation of character. There are ways to condemn it without resorting to sexism or racism. That's why I didn't go after dotard.

Then again, I shouldn't be surprised that you're doing this. Jumping to conclusions without checking the facts is par for the course for you.

So much outrage, so little time.

SawX is being personally attacked, while you rage post about tweets David Sirota makes.  One of these things is not like the other.  NOT A GOOD LOOK FOR YOU!
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 05:09:46 PM »

Please see new signature.  Gen. MacArthur, you have been reported! 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2019, 08:26:50 PM »

Five people on the planet give a crap about how blunt his answer is and four of them are the pearl-clutching virgins here.  Figures. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2019, 09:08:00 AM »

Bernie has just gotten to second place on the RCP and he performed well enough at the last debate.

That's based entirely on the Emerson poll, though. We've been in a bit of a polling drought, and probably that'll last through next week? It'll be interesting to see if Emerson's numbers are reflected elsewhere when we start getting lots of polls again.

I get that this post is pretty dated but Sanders is indeed ahead of Warren in almost every major poll now.

That said, Emerson continues to produce stronger numbers for Sanders than other polls.

I guess if Emerson (highly respected, did very well in 2018) gets tossed then you have to junk the YouGov/Economist poll (kinda garbage, did not do well in 2018).

Sanders is surging, Loyal Teenaged Democrats of America.  Gonna have to face facts!
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 04:33:46 PM »

All those points would have been sensible & not ridiculous if Sanders was not the 2nd choice among both Biden & Warren supporters. In a 2 way race with Buttigieg, he is likely getting over 60% & over 50-55% vs Warren. The only person who is beating him 1 on 1 is Biden who is polling poorly in early states & has a soft support & Sanders is the 2nd choice of his voters as per Morning Consult polls.

Among Black & Hispanic voters, Pete is 4th choice behind Biden, Bernie & Warren which closes any path that he has.

Finally!  Some decent analysis and content from the Old Website.  Solid stuff, Shadows. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2019, 06:52:26 PM »

He's the same guy who was outed in NH.  Perhaps a problem with the person and not the surging campaign?  But as always your analysis isn't actually analysis and generally could easily be uttered by a 5 year old.  Is CNN hiring?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2019, 01:28:57 PM »

Iowa's largest progressive group endorses Bernie Sanders

With only about two months left before Iowa's first-in-the-nation 2020 caucuses, the political arm of the state's largest grassroots progressive group endorsed Sen. Bernie Sanders for the Democratic Party's presidential nomination on Monday. "From standing with us on strike lines with fast food workers to touring rural Iowa plagued by factory farms, Bernie has helped build the political revolution we've been building for decades. And we could not be more excited to have him build it with us in Iowa in 2020," said the Iowa Citizens for Community Improvement (CCI) Action Fund.

On the heels of the action fund's announcement Monday, Iowa Student Action announced on Twitter that it was following the group's footsteps and supporting Sanders' second run for the White House:

https://www.salon.com/2019/12/05/iowas-largest-progressive-group-endorses-bernie-sanders_partner/

Yowza!  More great news for Senator Sanders!
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2019, 12:55:04 PM »

Only. One. Campaign. Does. This.

Decade old Tweets?!  Oh my god you need a life.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2019, 07:05:49 AM »

Which begs the question of, why does he instead continue to hire people whose sole qualifications are being rabid, deplorable attack dogs for him on Twitter?
Cuz it pisses off people like you?

Outside of the Atlas bubble, most of the electorate is people like me.

Maybe this is why Sanders has the highest unfavorables of any candidate other than Gabbard.  It's also why he will get 0 delegates from his fellow candidates (except maybe Gabbard+Warren) in the event of a contested convention.

Pursuing a strategy of pissing everyone off is great if your goal is to piss people off.  It may also help excite your little 10% slice of the party.  If your goal is to get elected president, not so much.

Your first point is objectively incorrect, and you clearly made it up as there is literally no poll that backs this up. In fact, MC has Sanders with the HIGHEST, not lowest favorables. This all comes from a Biden supporter.
It is no doubt the case Bernie has the most people who wouldn't consider backing him in the primary. His favorables are irrelevant in this specific context.

This isn't true, either, Timmy Boi.  And you won't be able to back that up. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2019, 01:29:43 PM »

Only. One. Campaign. Does. This.

Decade old Tweets?!  Oh my god you need a life.
If Pete's nearly-decade's old comments are fair game, so is this.  If Warren's speeches to the Federalist Society nearly 30 years ago are fair game, so is this.  If Biden's...well...everything is acceptable, so is this.

lol at the horrendous past decisions of buttigieg and warren being somehow placed level to some new kid sanders staffer being an idiot on twitter in 2010

The Sanders campaign just fired this staffer, so I guess they didn't agree with HockeyDude that being homophobic doesn't matter.

Just because you can be a terrible person with zero consequences on AAD doesn't mean that's true in the real world, buddy.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/06/politics/bernie-sanders-campaign-staffer-out/index.html

I argued that decade old tweets from teenagers don't matter, not that homophobia doesn't matter.  I've reported your slander.  Such a pattern with you.  It's time for the mods to act.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2019, 10:43:55 AM »

He's such an asshole.

Also, it's impossible to take anything away from "Sanders gets the most applause at event" stories.  His supporters specifically pack these events and artificially create these scenes because they know it plays well in the media.  No other candidate does this, just Sanders.

Maybe you can ask to be put on this page.

https://berniesanders.com/anti-endorsements/

This is the most immature thing that has ever been published by the official campaign of a presidential candidate, maybe ever.

Makes sense that it appeals to you.

"Mom!  Can I be on Crazy Bernie's anti-endorsements page if I clean my room?!" 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2019, 09:57:18 AM »
« Edited: December 12, 2019, 08:31:09 PM by Speaker YE »

He's such an asshole.

Also, it's impossible to take anything away from "Sanders gets the most applause at event" stories.  His supporters specifically pack these events and artificially create these scenes because they know it plays well in the media.  No other candidate does this, just Sanders.

How does one “artificially” cheer at a Sanders event?  

Anyway, more GREAT NEWS for Mr. Sanders.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1204350066313564161?s=21
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2019, 07:50:15 PM »

It’s funny but Biden/moderate later focus on Warren has let Bernie quietly get back into the second spot and within spitting distance of Biden

Is he really “within spitting distance,” though?

Would you accept the analogy of him being "stones throw away" from Biden?  What about a "hop and skip"?   

Don't bother.  The Young DNC FanClub of America over here is having a collective breakdown over Bernie's momentum.  You can't win. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2019, 03:02:45 PM »

Sanders's 538 average (18.1) and RCP average (19.7) are currently at their highest points since April 28-29.

HOORAY!
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2020, 09:36:05 AM »

Is the Biden "comeback" supposed to be a shot at Bernie's age? He is literally one year younger...

Yea, that’s a really weak clapback.  And thanks for explaining yearbooks, Sniffy.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2020, 06:38:51 AM »
« Edited: January 04, 2020, 04:33:21 PM by TJ in Oregon »

David Sirota is walking evidence of how morally and ethically bankrupt the Sanders campaign is.

I shouldn't even have to tell you that this video is out-of-context and incredibly misleading.  You should just know it from the fact that it's in a Sirota tweet.

"Morally and ethically bankrupt".   

WRONG AGAIN, anyway, rent-free!  Sniffles has repeatedly called for social security cuts.  NOT GOOD!

https://www.fool.com/retirement/2019/05/17/joe-biden-has-called-for-social-security-cuts-3-ti.aspx
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2020, 06:10:02 AM »

I still don’t get why Bernie does so poorly with black voters.

Because living for most of his adult life in one of the whitest states in the union he doesn't know how to appeal to these voters.

You need to find better things to do with your time than cry about Bernie Sanders, dude.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2020, 05:58:02 AM »
« Edited: January 09, 2020, 11:02:52 AM by YE »

I don't really care that Bernie Sanders took $218,000, nor do I care who he took it from.  There are so many ways to raise unlimited political money in this day and age that I don't really see anything wrong with candidates taking advantage of it.  If you refuse to, you're tying one hand behind your back, because the Republicans are spending billions against us.

I do, however, think it's pretty much the definition of hypocrisy for Sanders to operate a dark-money Super PAC that accepts $218,000 from a single individual, while simultaneously making it a core plank of his campaign that other candidates are fundamentally, irredeemably corrupt for doing big-dollar fundraisers or taking donations from wealthy individuals.

It also frustrates me that Sanders has truly f**ked the party on this issue by making financial self-sabotage a purity test (especially for downballot candidates) when he himself isn't adhering to his own purity test.  I mean this was like the #1 purity test last cycle -- no PAC money, no millionaire donations, no donations from employees in loathsome fields like energy/medicine/finance -- and plenty of downballot candidates had fundraising disadvantages relative to their GOP opponents due to adherence to this purity test.  One wonders if any of the close House races could have been won if Sanders had allowed the party to raise more money, the exact same way that he's doing with Our Revolution.

He didn't take $218,000.  The story is a crock of s#!t.  Sanders is not operating any dark-money Super PAC, and any allegation that he is directing donations into the organization is frivolous.  We don't even know if he's directly benefitting from these large contributions, because an "independent board" governs all money exceeding $5,000 and no evidence has been provided to indicate 501(c)(3) expenditures.   All that exists is a three-page schedule indicated that the funds had been donated, but nothing indicates that the funds weren't all spent on employee salaries.

I'm part of OR and it's just a loose collection of local progressive groups that was spun off of the 2016 campaign... of course the people in it are Sanders supporters.  But the dark money operation he wants it to be?  LOL!  I wish we were a tenth as organized.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2020, 10:21:21 AM »

Catch your tears in a glass for me, snowflakes... they are so, so, so sweet. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2020, 10:38:07 AM »

Sending volunteers out to the doors to talk sh**t about other Democrats is disgusting but it’s Sanders so his fans will hand wave it and call people who don’t like it sensitive but would have been ready to burn down Warren HQ if she even THOUGHT of doing that to him.

Seems like everyone's freaking out over a non-story

https://twitter.com/ericisaac/status/1216445568148480002

But don't let the facts interrupt an opportunity to rant about THE BROS!
Seems like you’re disseminating misinformation from a crazed Bernie stan trying to kill the story:
-tweet-

Was there ever a story to begin with? Isn’t the point of a primary for candidates to compare and contrast themselves with other candidates?

No, there is no story.  This is desperation from a floundering campaign that has watched union after union, progressive group after progressive group, and voter after voter flock to the candidate they themselves sought to emulate.  The "story" is contrived nonsense from an establishment media that is panicking because it seems very, very possible that Sanders will be the Democratic nominee.  

It's rather pathetic, really.  And shame on the class traitors on Atlas who do their bidding for them.  These media buffoons and DNC lackeys don't give af about you, fellers.  Time to face reality.  
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2020, 01:58:36 PM »

Ummm... 1988, ya clowns. 

https://twitter.com/BethLynch2020/status/1216788678296600583?s=20

Full statement from the Sanders camp;

"It is ludicrous to believe that at the same meeting where Elizabeth Warren told me she was going to run for president, I would tell her that a woman couldn't win," Sanders said. "It's sad that, three weeks before the Iowa caucus and a year after that private conversation, staff who weren't in the room are lying about what happened. What I did say that night was that Donald Trump is a sexist, a racist and a liar who would weaponize whatever he could. Do I believe a woman can win in 2020? Of course! After all, Hillary Clinton beat Donald Trump by 3 million votes in 2016."

Every tweet CNN put out concerning this story is being ratio'ed to hell and back.  Sad stuff from the establishment in the last 24 hours.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2020, 02:11:31 PM »

A good political and strategic move, likely from the Warren team. Places a clear spotlight on the issues with the "electability" question without Warren having to be the one to say it. Galvanizes liberal women, especially young liberal women, with Warren being the only top-tier female candidate left in the race.

Accomplishes a lot in one swift blow. A major problem for Sanders if this sticks.

I'm sure you hope so.  It won't because it's a media-manufactured lie.   
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies