Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 01:45:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 91
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)  (Read 129701 times)
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: December 06, 2019, 03:43:52 PM »

Only. One. Campaign. Does. This.

Decade old Tweets?!  Oh my god you need a life.
If Pete's nearly-decade's old comments are fair game, so is this.  If Warren's speeches to the Federalist Society nearly 30 years ago are fair game, so is this.  If Biden's...well...everything is acceptable, so is this.
Roblox

« Reply #626 on: December 06, 2019, 03:51:15 PM »

If Pete's nearly-decade's old comments are fair game, so is this.  If Warren's speeches to the Federalist Society nearly 30 years ago are fair game, so is this.  If Biden's...well...everything is acceptable, so is this.

Serious positions candidates expressed =/= bad twitter jokes.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #627 on: December 06, 2019, 04:58:25 PM »

Those Tweets sound like the type of things my gay roommate used to say. Stop whining.
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P P
« Reply #628 on: December 06, 2019, 05:09:17 PM »

Sanders staffers have been one of the worst aspects of both of his presidential campaigns, and I do think is says something about Sanders as a person that he has been dismissive of his own campaign organization. But comparing the Sanders campaign to comments directly from his fellow candidates is not exactly apples to apples. One speaks to beliefs or ideas that need to be addressed by the candidates that once held them, one speaks to a lack of judgment or oversight when it comes to campaign workers's previous statements.
W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

« Reply #629 on: December 06, 2019, 06:18:13 PM »

lol at the horrendous past decisions of buttigieg and warren being somehow placed level to some new kid sanders staffer being an idiot on twitter in 2010
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #630 on: December 06, 2019, 07:10:06 PM »

I'm sure Bernie Sanders could get plenty of decent, respectable, professional people working for him.

Which begs the question of, why does he instead continue to hire people whose sole qualifications are being rabid, deplorable attack dogs for him on Twitter?  It goes from the lower levels of his campaign all the way up to the unholy trifecta of Sirota/Turner/Joy controlling his campaign messaging.

Like half of his damn campaign is Twitter hacks.  That's nice if your primary strategy is to elevate hot takes from the Bruenigs and Bhaskar Sunkara, not so great if your strategy is to organize and win.

There's a reason why you always see other candidates being friendly and supportive with each other, and Sanders is off on his own.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #631 on: December 06, 2019, 07:45:14 PM »

None of those things are comparable to a staffer's tweets from junior high.

Which begs the question of, why does he instead continue to hire people whose sole qualifications are being rabid, deplorable attack dogs for him on Twitter?
Cuz it pisses off people like you?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #632 on: December 06, 2019, 07:48:18 PM »

Which begs the question of, why does he instead continue to hire people whose sole qualifications are being rabid, deplorable attack dogs for him on Twitter?

Outside of the Atlas bubble, most of the electorate is people like me.

Maybe this is why Sanders has the highest unfavorables of any candidate other than Gabbard.  It's also why he will get 0 delegates from his fellow candidates (except maybe Gabbard+Warren) in the event of a contested convention.

Pursuing a strategy of pissing everyone off is great if your goal is to piss people off.  It may also help excite your little 10% slice of the party.  If your goal is to get elected president, not so much.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #633 on: December 06, 2019, 08:49:23 PM »

Maybe this is why Sanders has the highest unfavorables of any candidate other than Gabbard.  It's also why he will get 0 delegates from his fellow candidates (except maybe Gabbard+Warren) in the event of a contested convention.

Pursuing a strategy of pissing everyone off is great if your goal is to piss people off.  It may also help excite your little 10% slice of the party.  If your goal is to get elected president, not so much.

Your first point is objectively incorrect, and you clearly made it up as there is literally no poll that backs this up. In fact, MC has Sanders with the HIGHEST, not lowest favorables. This all comes from a Biden supporter.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #634 on: December 06, 2019, 09:39:40 PM »

Your first point is objectively incorrect, and you clearly made it up as there is literally no poll that backs this up. In fact, MC has Sanders with the HIGHEST, not lowest favorables. This all comes from a Biden supporter.

"People like me" in this conversation means "people who don't like rabid Twitter attack dogs."

Douchebags like Sunkara get lots of likes from their fellow leftists but take that sh**t to literally anywhere in public in a swing state and you'll be lucky to just get laughed out of the room.

As for Sanders' favorability, I'm talking general election.  He has the highest unfavorables of the major candidates.  I don't have the poll in my back pocket though.  He also has the highest unfavorables in the primary, as well as the highest "would definitely not support" numbers.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #635 on: December 06, 2019, 09:46:00 PM »

It is no doubt the case Bernie has the most people who wouldn't consider backing him in the primary. His favorables are irrelevant in this specific context.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #636 on: December 06, 2019, 10:37:42 PM »

"People like me" in this conversation means "people who don't like rabid Twitter attack dogs."

Douchebags like Sunkara get lots of likes from their fellow leftists but take that sh**t to literally anywhere in public in a swing state and you'll be lucky to just get laughed out of the room.

As for Sanders' favorability, I'm talking general election.  He has the highest unfavorables of the major candidates.  I don't have the poll in my back pocket though.  He also has the highest unfavorables in the primary, as well as the highest "would definitely not support" numbers.
I'll take your word on the GE and def wouldn't support numbers, but the fact of the matter is that Bernie does not have the highest unfavorables among Democratic Primary Voters. Not even necessarily to say to disagree with your overall point, but I just wanted to make that clear.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #637 on: December 07, 2019, 07:05:49 AM »

It is no doubt the case Bernie has the most people who wouldn't consider backing him in the primary. His favorables are irrelevant in this specific context.

This isn't true, either, Timmy Boi.  And you won't be able to back that up. 
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #638 on: December 07, 2019, 12:17:12 PM »
« Edited: December 07, 2019, 04:59:36 PM by TJ in Oregon »

Decade old Tweets?!  Oh my god you need a life.

lol at the horrendous past decisions of buttigieg and warren being somehow placed level to some new kid sanders staffer being an idiot on twitter in 2010

The Sanders campaign just fired this staffer, so I guess they didn't agree with HockeyDude that being homophobic doesn't matter.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/06/politics/bernie-sanders-campaign-staffer-out/index.html
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #639 on: December 07, 2019, 12:18:37 PM »

Tulsi Gabbard?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #640 on: December 07, 2019, 01:00:58 PM »

Normal people with normal brains do not spend their Friday evenings obsessively researching the nine-year-old tweets of low-level campaign staffers, so no, I don't think most of the electorate is "people like you."
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #641 on: December 07, 2019, 01:29:43 PM »

If Pete's nearly-decade's old comments are fair game, so is this.  If Warren's speeches to the Federalist Society nearly 30 years ago are fair game, so is this.  If Biden's...well...everything is acceptable, so is this.

The Sanders campaign just fired this staffer, so I guess they didn't agree with HockeyDude that being homophobic doesn't matter.

Just because you can be a terrible person with zero consequences on AAD doesn't mean that's true in the real world, buddy.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/06/politics/bernie-sanders-campaign-staffer-out/index.html

I argued that decade old tweets from teenagers don't matter, not that homophobia doesn't matter.  I've reported your slander.  Such a pattern with you.  It's time for the mods to act.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #642 on: December 07, 2019, 02:14:07 PM »

I argued that decade old tweets from teenagers don't matter, not that homophobia doesn't matter.

James Gunn wants to have a word with you.
James Monroe

« Reply #643 on: December 07, 2019, 03:14:22 PM »

If Pete's nearly-decade's old comments are fair game, so is this.  If Warren's speeches to the Federalist Society nearly 30 years ago are fair game, so is this.  If Biden's...well...everything is acceptable, so is this.

Just because you can be a terrible person with zero consequences on AAD doesn't mean that's true in the real world, buddy.

I argued that decade old tweets from teenagers don't matter, not that homophobia doesn't matter.  I've reported your slander.  Such a pattern with you.  It's time for the mods to act.

You still haven't apologized for the misogynist slander you throw towards Hillary in the 2016 election. Just think that economic issues are prioritized more than social justice when it's the flip side for true and blue Democratic voters.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #644 on: December 07, 2019, 04:26:35 PM »

I argued that decade old tweets from teenagers don't matter, not that homophobia doesn't matter.

He was rehired. Next customer, please.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #645 on: December 07, 2019, 05:03:12 PM »

Yeah, and in the meantime his movie was delayed for two years.
You're welcome.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #646 on: December 07, 2019, 05:08:40 PM »
« Edited: December 07, 2019, 05:14:45 PM by look, fat »

Don't bother arguing with them. When MacArthur, Lyndon, and Monroe act out (especially with the latter), it's never about them. MacArthur couldn't be at fault for slandering HockeyDude, just like the Harris campaign wasn't wrong for disrupting Bernie's speech at the CADP convention. If they were ever wrong, it never happened.

And if it did, it wasn't that bad.

And if it was, it's not a big deal. You were just overreacting.

And if it is, it's not their fault. You had it coming because you're a piece-of-**** Bernie Bro who was part of the Hillary slander in 2016.

Never have I seen a cabal of people utterly devoid of personal accountability on this forum. Any sort of wrong they do is justifiable because of 2016 and Bernie Bros and whatever straws they can grasp at to absolve themselves of any responsibility for their actions. But then again, considering how their candidate's been acting in the news lately, it's no wonder they act like this.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #647 on: December 08, 2019, 12:05:50 AM »
« Edited: December 08, 2019, 12:11:20 AM by Southern Speaker Punxsutawney Phil »

Maybe this is why Sanders has the highest unfavorables of any candidate other than Gabbard.  It's also why he will get 0 delegates from his fellow candidates (except maybe Gabbard+Warren) in the event of a contested convention.

Pursuing a strategy of pissing everyone off is great if your goal is to piss people off.  It may also help excite your little 10% slice of the party.  If your goal is to get elected president, not so much.

Tulsi Gabbard?
If most credible polling that asks the question puts Tulsi first in this metric, I'll happily admit myself to have been incorrect and instead I should have said that Bernie has the second largest percentage of people as opposed to the most.
But in general Bernie's more "Puritan-y" campaign (for lack of a better word) certainly sounds like it would garner the highest numbers in the "Will not consider" metric. No one likes to hear or be made to feel their favorite candidate is a corporate shill.
Really it's not an insult to say Bernie is highest in this metric - in politics what matters isn't not making enemies inherently but making the right enemies. He's still well-liked by well over half of primary voters, and he can win the nomination while winning exactly none of people who dislike him.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #648 on: December 08, 2019, 12:59:32 AM »

Yeah, and in the meantime his movie was delayed for two years.
You're welcome.

Why do I bother trying to argue with you?
Cinemark

« Reply #649 on: December 08, 2019, 11:40:19 AM »

Was watching the Teemster town hall last night. Bernie was last up out of all the candidates. He got by far the best reaction out of all the candidates present. I think its partly because there were some pretty strong Sanders supporters already in the audience, but its still a good sign for him.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies