Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 02:03:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 91
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)  (Read 129703 times)
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: January 13, 2020, 01:35:33 PM »

Quote from: CNN
The two agreed that if they ultimately faced each other as presidential candidates, they should remain civil and avoid attacking one another, so as not to hurt the progressive movement.

Must be nice.  They were so civil towards each other so as not to hurt the progressive movement.  Of course they've been torching everybody else as "literally Republicans" (Warren), "responsible for 13 9/11s worth of deaths" (Sanders), "totally corrupt and in the pocket of billionaires" (both), etc.
It's clear they couldn't care less about the Democratic Party -- that is, the people who actually have to beat Trump, beat the Republicans, and pass legislation.  They only care about the progressive part of it.  The rest can burn in hell.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #876 on: January 13, 2020, 01:37:25 PM »

CNN drops a nuke into the Dem. primary race:

OMG.
There is no doubt this will be brought-up in the debate.
This is going to be explosive.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #877 on: January 13, 2020, 01:39:11 PM »

Perhaps this is overthinking it, but I think the Sanders campaign might have leaked this in order to plant concern in the minds of voters undecided between Warren and Sanders. If voters fear that the deck is stacked against Warren due to gender then that is an electability argument in favor of Sanders.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #878 on: January 13, 2020, 01:43:46 PM »

Here we go folks, the establishment media's first major attempt to take down Bernie Sanders. Of course coming at it from an identity politics perspective, just like they've always done.

Question: Why is this just dropping NOW? Coincidence the establishment is fretting about him winning?
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #879 on: January 13, 2020, 01:44:26 PM »

CNN drops a nuke into the Dem. primary race:

CNN's probably upset that they finally got what's coming to them after years of journalistic malpractice and violation of federal labor laws.  Just days earlier they put out an opinion piece saying that AOC doesn't belong in the Democratic Party.

Anyway, not believing this until we get some verification.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #880 on: January 13, 2020, 01:45:28 PM »

Perhaps this is overthinking it, but I think the Sanders campaign might have leaked this in order to plant concern in the minds of voters undecided between Warren and Sanders. If voters fear that the deck is stacked against Warren due to gender then that is an electability argument in favor of Sanders.

The Sanders pitch has never been electability though.  The Bernie pitch (and it's a really compelling one tbh) is "Why don't we try running a candidate who isn't afraid to stand for something?  Someone who won't back down from doing what they believe is right, politics be d***ed."  I think even most voters who don't like Sanders regard him as a straight-shooter.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #881 on: January 13, 2020, 01:48:21 PM »

The wealthy and powerful are terrified at the prospect of a Nominee and/or President Sanders. News at 11.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #882 on: January 13, 2020, 01:49:46 PM »

Here we go folks, the establishment media's first major attempt to take down Bernie Sanders. Of course coming at it from an identity politics perspective, just like they've always done.

Question: Why is this just dropping NOW? Coincidence the establishment is fretting about him winning?

Ugh, and here we go again.  Any negative story about Sanders is "the establishment media attempting to take him down."  Just like in 2016, when it was an establishment media conspiracy that the Bernie Sanders interview with the NYDN made him sound like a complete idiot with no clue how to enact policy.

The Warren campaign leaked this to CNN, and CNN ran the story.  If CNN hadn't printed it, that would be journalistic malpractice, and the Warren campaign would have just leaked it to another outlet.

I know Bernie would like every news org to treat him the way the National Enquirer treats Trump and just bury unfavorable stories.  For now it's just Jacobin.
Cinemark

« Reply #883 on: January 13, 2020, 01:50:02 PM »

Welcome to being a front runner.

Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #884 on: January 13, 2020, 01:58:36 PM »

Ummm... 1988, ya clowns. 

https://twitter.com/BethLynch2020/status/1216788678296600583?s=20

Full statement from the Sanders camp;

"It is ludicrous to believe that at the same meeting where Elizabeth Warren told me she was going to run for president, I would tell her that a woman couldn't win," Sanders said. "It's sad that, three weeks before the Iowa caucus and a year after that private conversation, staff who weren't in the room are lying about what happened. What I did say that night was that Donald Trump is a sexist, a racist and a liar who would weaponize whatever he could. Do I believe a woman can win in 2020? Of course! After all, Hillary Clinton beat Donald Trump by 3 million votes in 2016."

Every tweet CNN put out concerning this story is being ratio'ed to hell and back.  Sad stuff from the establishment in the last 24 hours.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #885 on: January 13, 2020, 02:07:22 PM »

A good political and strategic move, likely from the Warren team. Places a clear spotlight on the issues with the "electability" question without Warren having to be the one to say it. Galvanizes liberal women, especially young liberal women, with Warren being the only top-tier female candidate left in the race.

Accomplishes a lot in one swift blow. A major problem for Sanders if this sticks.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #886 on: January 13, 2020, 02:11:31 PM »

A good political and strategic move, likely from the Warren team. Places a clear spotlight on the issues with the "electability" question without Warren having to be the one to say it. Galvanizes liberal women, especially young liberal women, with Warren being the only top-tier female candidate left in the race.

Accomplishes a lot in one swift blow. A major problem for Sanders if this sticks.

I'm sure you hope so.  It won't because it's a media-manufactured lie.   
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #887 on: January 13, 2020, 02:17:29 PM »

The terminally online are now suggesting that Twitter ratios imply objective truth? That's just straight Orwellian folks.

Extremely hilarious to see Warren allow this story to go through. The Bernie dead-enders can blame CNN all they want, but clearly she could've killed this story if she wanted to, but didn't! Maybe she won't lose support to Mini Mike B and others if this becomes a compelling narrative.

Exciting stuff!
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #888 on: January 13, 2020, 02:20:16 PM »

Thank you for raising this question to a national audience Mr. President, I've been wondering the same thing myself. Is there a feud brewing among the left-wing of the left-wing?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #889 on: January 13, 2020, 02:21:35 PM »

Did you take this exact statement from a previous Breitbart trump-supporter post, but just substituted the name "donald trump" with "Bernie Sanders" ?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #890 on: January 13, 2020, 02:24:53 PM »

The terminally online are now suggesting that Twitter ratios imply objective truth? That's just straight Orwellian folks.

Extremely hilarious to see Warren allow this story to go through. The Bernie dead-enders can blame CNN all they want, but clearly she could've killed this story if she wanted to, but didn't! Maybe she won't lose support to Mini Mike B and others if this becomes a compelling narrative.

Exciting stuff!

No, it implies people aren't buying it.  Try again. 
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #891 on: January 13, 2020, 02:26:38 PM »

Did you take this exact statement from a previous Breitbart trump-supporter post, but just substituted the name "donald trump" with "Bernie Sanders" ?

No, I have no clue what you're talking about here.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #892 on: January 13, 2020, 02:28:48 PM »

None of CNN's "sources" were even at the meeting. I'm sure somebody can find Senator Warren and ask her if he literally said this, shouldn't be too hard.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #893 on: January 13, 2020, 02:31:57 PM »

None of CNN's "sources" were even at the meeting. I'm sure somebody can find Senator Warren and ask her if he literally said this, shouldn't be too hard.

"I just can't remember.  But you know what I do remember?  IT'S SELFIE TIIIIIIME!"

*snap*
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #894 on: January 13, 2020, 02:33:51 PM »

Agree. We need to wait and hear from Warren.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #895 on: January 13, 2020, 02:39:37 PM »

And if she lies and says he did... watch out. 
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #896 on: January 13, 2020, 02:40:36 PM »

Whenever a bad story is released on any other candidate, it’s “fair play”, but somehow when it’s Bernie, it’s proof of a huge conspiracy and fake news. Honestly if Sanders actually cared about 2020 (and the country) he would just endorse someone else and drop out. He is only dividing Democrats more for personal gain. Alas, He is a political psychopath and has been from day one. For those of you who have been tricked by his allure of “genuineness”, wake up!
Former Crackhead Mike Lindell
Randall
« Reply #897 on: January 13, 2020, 02:43:00 PM »

Good luck getting a straight answer out of her - on anything.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #898 on: January 13, 2020, 02:49:18 PM »

And if she lies and says he did... watch out. 

Why are you equating that if "she says he did," it would be a "lie"?
Sounds like you have already made-up your mind, and it's all based on your extreme pro-Sanders stance.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #899 on: January 13, 2020, 02:49:48 PM »
« Edited: January 13, 2020, 07:38:58 PM by YE »

Whenever a bad story is released on any other candidate, it’s “fair play”, but somehow when it’s Bernie, it’s proof of a huge conspiracy and fake news. Honestly if Sanders actually cared about 2020 (and the country) he would just endorse someone else and drop out. He is only dividing Democrats more for personal gain. Alas, He is a political psychopath and has been from day one. For those of you who have been tricked by his allure of “genuineness”, wake up!

Post deleted by moderator
That’s rich, coming from the archetypal edgy, “Burn the system”, Bernie supporter.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies