Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 02:14:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 91
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)  (Read 129704 times)
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: October 26, 2019, 10:44:06 PM »

yeah not even gonna try and defend this ish
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #401 on: October 26, 2019, 10:50:06 PM »

Wtf Bernie.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #402 on: October 27, 2019, 11:49:37 AM »

Hate the graphic part about getting shot in the back in the head, but, from what I know this is actual advice that black parents give to their children all the time. It's a central theme in "Between the World and Me". The stakes are so much higher for black people (especially black men) in police encounters that parents advise children from a young age to be incredibly respectful and acquiescent.

This isn't sexy campaigning or persuasion because one could (lazily) read it as offloading the responsibility onto the person being pulled over instead of the police officer, but there are a lot of people for whom this will resonate.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #403 on: October 27, 2019, 12:28:59 PM »

I get what he was trying to say, but that was a very poor way to put it.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #404 on: October 27, 2019, 01:15:39 PM »

Polls only matter when Sanders is not doing well, as we all know.
Literally not a single poster has ever said this.
Oh, so now we're criticizing posters who draw sweeping conclusions from a possibly unrepresentative sample of random people they saw on twitter? I see...
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #405 on: October 27, 2019, 01:41:19 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2019, 03:01:46 PM by gay gay gay bathhouses »

On the bright side, he didn't handle it as horribly as Diet Hillary.

If only Tamir Rice and Botham Jean had jobs. **** outta here.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #406 on: October 27, 2019, 02:13:14 PM »

I found this answer he gave at the Justice Forum a little bizarre...

I'm sure this is how most of his supporters think as well.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #407 on: October 27, 2019, 08:26:50 PM »

Five people on the planet give a crap about how blunt his answer is and four of them are the pearl-clutching virgins here.  Figures. 
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #408 on: October 28, 2019, 06:06:13 AM »

I thought Biden's answer was a much better way to answer the question in the same way.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #409 on: October 28, 2019, 04:07:50 PM »

Well in some related news, Bernie is holding a rally in Minneapolis on November 3rd. I figured I’d attend since he probably won’t be back to Minnesota for a while.
I wonder if BRTD will attend?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #410 on: October 28, 2019, 06:08:52 PM »

Well in some related news, Bernie is holding a rally in Minneapolis on November 3rd. I figured I’d attend since he probably won’t be back to Minnesota for a while.
I wonder if BRTD will attend?

It would make my life if he recorded himself ending up talking to Sanders and asking him about his thoughts on 'Family Guy', the Krassensteins, and various t-shirts he's seen on the internet.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #411 on: October 29, 2019, 06:15:07 AM »

I guess that makes Warren officially a corporate sellout.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #412 on: October 29, 2019, 06:33:36 AM »

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #413 on: October 29, 2019, 10:26:11 AM »

Lmao says the guy who didn’t have a job till he was forty.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #414 on: October 29, 2019, 10:32:36 AM »

Lmao says the guy who didn’t have a job till he was forty.
yeah, why didn't bernie grow up and get a job fucking over union mineworkers like a real adult?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #415 on: October 29, 2019, 10:52:59 AM »

Heads up folks.  If you work for a corporation, Bernie doesn't want your vote.

Good thing that doesn't apply to anyone on Atlas.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #416 on: October 29, 2019, 12:05:04 PM »

John Harwood: Do you have any problem with the work that she’s done in the past, advising corporations — Dow Corning, Dow Chemical — on legal problems?

Bernie Sanders: I’ll let the American people make that judgment. I have never worked for a corporation myself. I’ve never carried their baggage in the United States Senate. People have the opportunity to look at my record. It’s not last year, not two years ago — I was for “Medicare for All” when I was mayor of Burlington in the 1980s. During my career, I have taken on every powerful corporate interest, whether it’s the drug companies, the insurance companies, fossil fuel, Wall Street. I’ve been doing this for 30 or 40 years. These are not new ideas for me

What I am trying to do, in many ways, is pick up where Franklin Delano Roosevelt left off. In a not widely publicized State of The Union speech he gave in 1944, this is what he said in so many words: “We have political rights. You have freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, freedom of religion. All of that’s great, but what we don’t have are guaranteed economic rights.” What I’m trying to do in this campaign is say that economic rights must be considered as human rights.

It’s not good enough just to look at economic growth. That has been the biblical stature that corporate America has been looking atwe have growth, we have growth. The average worker is no better off than he or she was 45 years ago. In the last 30 years, the top 1% have seen a $21 trillion increase in their wealth. The bottom half of America’s seen a decline in their wealth. Half the people today are living paycheck to paycheck.

I am a different type of politician, and my administration will be unique in modern American history at least going back to FDR. I grew up at a time when African Americans could not vote, right? Kids could not go to a local school, could not drink at a water fountain. And change took place. Martin Luther King Jr., others, they stood up and they fought. 100 years ago, women did not have the right to vote, because as we all know, women’s place is in the house; 100 years ago — not a long time. Change can take place when you motivate people, when you get people organized when they stand up for justice. That’s what I believe. I will appoint an attorney general, who for the first time in modern history, will go after the white-collar crime, which I believe is rampant. I will appoint an attorney general who is prepared to enforce the antitrust laws that are on the books, that have been neglected for so very long.

When I became mayor of the city of Burlington way back when in 1981, a local reporter said, “Well the odds of Sanders winning against the five-term incumbent, running as an independent, are about 100 to 1.” I won. Last time around, taking on the entire Democratic establishment, we ended up winning 22 states and got more young people’s votes than Trump and Clinton combined.The ideas that I talked about four years ago seemed so radical and extreme. Today they’re kind of mainstream ideas, right? Don’t underestimate me.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #417 on: October 29, 2019, 12:20:20 PM »

Bernie, of course, never worked a day in his life.  He spent the first twenty years of his "career" living in a shack on welfare making failed minor party runs for office whole his wife (whom he divorced later) tried to feed their baby on food stamps.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #418 on: October 29, 2019, 12:29:46 PM »

So first
"Blacks should be on their best behavior"

And now

"Working is bad"

Is this your king?
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #419 on: October 29, 2019, 12:50:11 PM »

Why do  ATLAS not ban posters engaged in trolling/fake information posting & intentional misleading posts? Gen-Mc is a well known paid troll who is also the illegitimate child of Alex Jones & he keeps posting nonsense & destroys the whole thread. This has become a Sanders hate thread based on lies & fake news.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #420 on: October 29, 2019, 01:09:36 PM »

Why do  ATLAS not ban posters engaged in trolling/fake information posting & intentional misleading posts? Gen-Mc is a well known paid troll who is also the illegitimate child of Alex Jones & he keeps posting nonsense & destroys the whole thread. This has become a Sanders hate thread based on lies & fake news.

Dude, all we did was post his own words. If that's considered "FAKE NEWS" then instead of throwing a hissy fit at us you should go ask your God King to stop saying stupid things.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #421 on: October 29, 2019, 01:19:28 PM »
« Edited: October 29, 2019, 01:31:58 PM by gay gay gay bathhouses »

So do we have any substantive rebuttals to this manufactured controversy, or are the usual suspects going to exploit this to attack Bernie?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #422 on: October 29, 2019, 01:38:31 PM »

So do we have any substantive rebuttals to this manufactured controversy, or are the usual suspects going to exploit this to attack Bernie?

You mean, are the posters who keep saying "Bernie is a divisive jerk" going to post about it whenever he's a divisive jerk?

What would a substantial rebuttal even look like?  David Sirota insisting "it's not an attack, it's comparing records"?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #423 on: October 29, 2019, 01:40:03 PM »

Wait, who's paying me?  Since it's "well known" I'm sure you can say.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #424 on: October 29, 2019, 02:18:12 PM »

You mean, are the posters who keep saying "Bernie is a divisive jerk" going to post about it whenever he's a divisive jerk?

What would a substantial rebuttal even look like?  David Sirota insisting "it's not an attack, it's comparing records"?

It's a primary. Primaries are divisive by nature, but that's not particularly relevant to the argument at hand.

Here's a substantive rebuttal to what Bernie said: Elizabeth Warren was most likely just doing her job as a lawyer. She's not paid to advocate for her beliefs, she's paid to advocate for her clients. And if she wasn't, a lot can change in 25 years. Warren has a long history of advocating for working people, and using her record as a lawyer to draw a contrast is foolhardy at best.

There we go: A defense of Elizabeth Warren that doesn't attack or demean Bernie personally. I know this might be hard for you to believe, since your carefully-sculpted Twitter feed has told you differently for four years, but most of us aren't #BernieOrBusters. Most of us like Elizabeth Warren (with most of us having her as a 1b than a 2), and some of us even like your boy Biden. We just don't like bad-faith attacks on a fellow progressive (and considering your views on Warren herself, I have to wonder).
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies