Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 05:20:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 91
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)  (Read 129716 times)
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: November 19, 2019, 11:45:11 AM »

lol.  most of this ad is pretty effective, but I'm not sure how well "queer liberation" plays in an Iowa or South Carolina primary much less a general election.

The Bernie campaign is embracing a very AOC rhetoric.

Bernie campaign leaning on AOC is not a good strategy for primary states where the electorate is old people. I could see this working in SC and NV but IA and NH seem like places where AOC is... not incredibly popular, even among Democrats.

Bernie doesn't have to win over conservative olds. If he consolidates the progressive vote and gets 30% in Iowa and NH he probably comes first.

Yeah but he won't
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #576 on: November 19, 2019, 12:08:18 PM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #577 on: November 19, 2019, 12:30:47 PM »

Bernie opposes reforms like ending filibuster and CRT packing; as a result, would leave Citizens United in place. This was why McConnell blocked Garland due to Mcconnell's advocacy for 1st and 2nd amendment rights, guns and dirty money. Other candidates support ending filibuster and endorse CRT packing

Joe Kennedy is opposing Markey due to his stance on filibuster,  which Markey still supports

This is why impeachment is DOA in the Senate due to Graham,  Mcconnell's advocacy for Citizens United
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #578 on: November 19, 2019, 07:45:30 PM »

Bernie opposes reforms like ending filibuster and CRT packing; as a result, would leave Citizens United in place. This was why McConnell blocked Garland due to Mcconnell's advocacy for 1st and 2nd amendment rights, guns and dirty money. Other candidates support ending filibuster and endorse CRT packing

Joe Kennedy is opposing Markey due to his stance on filibuster,  which Markey still supports

This is why impeachment is DOA in the Senate due to Graham,  Mcconnell's advocacy for Citizens United

Fantastic analysis as always.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #579 on: November 19, 2019, 11:53:07 PM »

Can someone please explain Pete and Bernie’s recent rise in polls and betting odds?
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #580 on: November 20, 2019, 12:43:42 AM »

Can someone please explain Pete and Bernie’s recent rise in polls and betting odds?

Merging this with the Bernie megathread since I think Pete's been well discussed elsewhere.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #581 on: November 20, 2019, 06:40:25 AM »

Pete’s is natural - the moderates who don’t like Biden are beginning to coalesce around him (and to a lesser extent Klobuchar). Bernie could be because the era of the Warren surge is over.
ugabug
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -4.35

« Reply #582 on: November 20, 2019, 06:52:19 AM »

Pete is because there is a set of voters who don't like Biden for one reason or another (to old, to moderate, or running a bad campaign) and who think Warren and Sanders are to far to the left and want a alternative to all three.

As for Sanders he previously lost ground to Warren during her surge and than his heart attack but a mix of him during well in the last debate, getting endorsements from the squad, and Warren coming under more scrutiny has caused him to rebound a bit and regain some of his supporters who he previously lost to Warren.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #583 on: November 20, 2019, 07:50:56 PM »

If that us true then he will raise atleast 30M if not more. There is a big windfall after the debates & there is a big windfall at the end of the Quarter.

I think he may go near 35M if the above mentioned.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #584 on: November 21, 2019, 01:17:57 PM »
« Edited: November 21, 2019, 01:37:56 PM by Canis »

Sanders just surpassed Warren on the RCP Average
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #585 on: November 21, 2019, 09:43:48 PM »

Sanders just surpassed Warren on the RCP Average

Yeah but more to do with Warren with a small Bernie bounce. Warren has fallen quite a bit in the Early States & Notionally losing most ground to Pete in Iowa & NH.

The good news is as per the Morning Consult Poll which has a huge sample size, Sanders is now the 2nd choice among Biden & Warren supporters. Given Sanders' own locked up somewhat sticky support, potentially gaining some Biden & Warren supporters can be crucial.

Biden has gone down in Iowa & NH to the benefit of Pete. If he loses more support nationally, in the South & Midwest, it will help Bernie the most.
cvparty
United States

« Reply #586 on: November 22, 2019, 12:05:23 AM »

not really an endorsement but...support at least you could say?

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #587 on: November 22, 2019, 05:49:44 PM »

What you guys aren’t getting is that tweet is highlighting how ignorant of history that tweet is . Civil rights was an issue FDR was pretty bad at , and the idea he was anti war is just hillarious in every way possible

He was by far the best of any of them since the other Roosevelt on the issue, maybe even Benjamin Harrison.

He looks terrible now, but that's really more a statement to how, like most other issues we know of, really altered with WWII.
GAProgressive
Rookie

« Reply #588 on: November 22, 2019, 05:56:09 PM »

He killed it at Morehouse yesterday.

Gotta say, I'm pretty impressed.
TWTown
GhostOfHuey
United States

« Reply #589 on: November 23, 2019, 10:27:57 PM »

Hopefully, it keeps up but I've never felt more optimistic then I have now about the way this campaign is going. Bernie has just gotten to second place on the RCP and he performed well enough at the last debate. My hope is that he gets a lot more chances to impress voters like you.
GAProgressive
Rookie

« Reply #590 on: November 24, 2019, 12:00:07 AM »

Hopefully, it keeps up but I've never felt more optimistic then I have now about the way this campaign is going. Bernie has just gotten to second place on the RCP and he performed well enough at the last debate. My hope is that he gets a lot more chances to impress voters like you.

Have him keep showing up at HBCUs and connecting with the crowd after rallies and he just might do this thing.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #591 on: November 24, 2019, 03:39:11 PM »

Bernie has just gotten to second place on the RCP and he performed well enough at the last debate.

That's based entirely on the Emerson poll, though. We've been in a bit of a polling drought, and probably that'll last through next week? It'll be interesting to see if Emerson's numbers are reflected elsewhere when we start getting lots of polls again.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #592 on: November 30, 2019, 06:14:51 PM »

Bernie has just gotten to second place on the RCP and he performed well enough at the last debate.

That's based entirely on the Emerson poll, though. We've been in a bit of a polling drought, and probably that'll last through next week? It'll be interesting to see if Emerson's numbers are reflected elsewhere when we start getting lots of polls again.

I get that this post is pretty dated but Sanders is indeed ahead of Warren in almost every major poll now.

That said, Emerson continues to produce stronger numbers for Sanders than other polls.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #593 on: December 01, 2019, 09:08:00 AM »

I get that this post is pretty dated but Sanders is indeed ahead of Warren in almost every major poll now.

That said, Emerson continues to produce stronger numbers for Sanders than other polls.

I guess if Emerson (highly respected, did very well in 2018) gets tossed then you have to junk the YouGov/Economist poll (kinda garbage, did not do well in 2018).

Sanders is surging, Loyal Teenaged Democrats of America.  Gonna have to face facts!
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #594 on: December 01, 2019, 01:03:55 PM »

I'm not saying "toss it," I'm saying that his best poll is the next in line to fall off the average, and that his average is going to significantly decrease once it does. That's the way rolling averages work. You've been watching RCP for over a decade just like I have, you know why there are all those wild swings...when a poll that's really good for or bad for a candidate falls off the average.
redjohn
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #595 on: December 01, 2019, 05:55:38 PM »

I think, as most here probably do, that the MSM is vastly underestimated Bernie's base, especially in a fractured field. In poll after poll, Sanders drastically leads with voters who are sure of their candidate preference. His campaign this time around is much better run than his 2016 campaign, and they have much more popular surrogates this time who will swing votes.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #596 on: December 01, 2019, 06:08:33 PM »

I think, as most here probably do, that the MSM is vastly underestimated Bernie's base, especially in a fractured field. In poll after poll, Sanders drastically leads with voters who are sure of their candidate preference. His campaign this time around is much better run than his 2016 campaign, and they have much more popular surrogates this time who will swing votes.

How fractured is the field, really? By mid-February we'll probably be down to half a dozen candidates, by March three or four. Results in the low twenties, or even in the mid twenties, aren't going to win in a four way race, and certainly not in a three way race.

The field is fractured enough that you could win pluralities with 35-40% support, sure. Not with 20-25%.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #597 on: December 02, 2019, 11:42:54 AM »

All those points would have been sensible & not ridiculous if Sanders was not the 2nd choice among both Biden & Warren supporters. In a 2 way race with Buttigieg, he is likely getting over 60% & over 50-55% vs Warren. The only person who is beating him 1 on 1 is Biden who is polling poorly in early states & has a soft support & Sanders is the 2nd choice of his voters as per Morning Consult polls.

Among Black & Hispanic voters, Pete is 4th choice behind Biden, Bernie & Warren which closes any path that he has.
coolface1572
« Reply #598 on: December 02, 2019, 02:58:14 PM »

If Bernie gets less pledged delegates but wins because of superdelegates, how will his supporters react?
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #599 on: December 02, 2019, 03:02:44 PM »

Just pointing out the obvious that this will never, ever happen.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies