Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:30:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 31
Author Topic: Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread  (Read 31725 times)
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: January 29, 2020, 10:12:10 PM »

Bullock Debate Answers

Source: Creative Commons

Opening Statement: Tonight, we stand in a divided nation - a nation where extreme partisanship has stalled nearly every congressional initiative, leaving many of our citizens in the dust. Our divided government is dysfunctional, because neither Democrats nor Republicans are willing to work with each other. Meanwhile, Americans from the mountain peaks of Washington to the bayous of Florida, the fields of Iowa to the deserts of Arizona, suffer, as they have been forgotten by their government and their representatives. Right now, farmers in the Midwest are going through terrible economic downturn thanks to harsh Trump-era tariffs stifling international trade. Corporations and the rich use loopholes in our broken tax code to cheat Uncle Sam out of money that could be used to support the Americans who need government aid the most. And, with the EPA cut to shreds by Republican representatives under the thumb of Big Oil, our nation’s vast natural glory is in decay, and research to help solve climate change, the great crisis of our generation, has all but halted. These grievances against the American people could easily be redressed through congressional action, but partisan deadlock initiated by Majority Leader McConnell and condoned by President Pence has crippled that body. I’d like to ask all of you to think hard for a moment - what major legislation has Congress passed in recent years? The Trump tax cuts? We’ve had more Supreme Court nominees than major bills passed during the Trump and Pence administrations, thanks to the unwillingness of our politicians to work together for the benefit of the American people. I’m running for President to bring compromise and bipartisanship back to the White House, and I believe I’m uniquely well-suited to this role. I’ve served Montana for all my life as Governor, and before that, Attorney General. I‘ve frequently worked with the heavily Republican legislature to pass quality legislation to benefit the people of Montana. As Governor, I convinced Republicans to vote for Medicare expansion - a feat that would be impossible in today’s hyper-partisan Washington environment. I’ve also used my executive positions in Montana to oppose decisions such as Citizens United and the Trump travel ban. As President, I’ll promote bipartisan collaboration and build productive relationships with Congress, so America can get the legislation on healthcare, gun control, climate change, and tax reform that it deserves. Under my presidency, Washington will get things done for once - and our great nation will be all the better for it. Lastly, I’d like to thank Anderson, the city of Miami, and the CNN organization for sponsoring the debate and bringing coverage of it to the American people. This opportunity to address the nation is invaluable.

Personal Question
I’m proud to say that I will do so, without hesitation. The OMB is a group of professional, dedicated, and unbiased experts who have the unique ability to assess the financial impact of a bill, on both the government and the American people, in an accurate manner without partisan influence. It would be irresponsible of any administration to rely on studies conducted by private organizations with political motivations, like the blatantly conservative Heritage Foundation. Fiscal responsibility has long been one of my values, and as President I’ll submit all of my legislative proposals to the OMB to ensure that they don’t inflate our already-burgeoning debt and they balance the need for major reform with the need to spend ONLY the money that we have.

Closing Statement
As many of you know, I recently embarked on a 2-month long tour of Iowa - the One Iowa Tour. I visited all 99 of the state’s counties, and over 200 cities - from rural communities like Zearing and Wapello to large towns like Cedar Rapids and Des Moines. Through completing this tour, I learned much about this diverse state, and I also met many people with unique stories. While visiting a Walmart in the Mason City area, I met Ellen, the wife of a local farmer struggling with crippling medical debt. Ellen and her husband owned a successful family farm a few miles from the city, but in 2018 her husband was involved in a tractor accident and was paralyzed from the waist down. Their family didn’t have health insurance since they ran an independent business, and they thought getting private healthcare was too complicated and not worth the price. Now, Ellen has to run her family’s farm, and is drowning in debt from her husband’s massive medical bills, and she may have to sell the farm in the next year. It’s people like Ellen that show why we need a health plan that’s affordable, accessible, and visible, so all Americans can be insured against unpredictable accidents like these. There are so many other initiatives like these that would greatly improve the lives of many Americans, from combating climate change to investing money in our broken roads, and these problems aren’t new. However, the broken system in D.C has prevented these essential reforms from occurring, and as President I’ll work with both sides to fix this system and get the legislative work done for the American people. The central philosophy of my campaign is ‘reuniting America’, and there is no better way to do this than by finally putting long-awaited reforms in the books of law. However, I’d also like to mention a pitfall that a lot of my fellow candidates are falling into. In recent days, I’ve seen talk about many radical proposals, like Medicare-for-All, and I’m aware that they seem like the strong, progressive reforms our nation hungers for. But, there’s a critical problem with these programs - their cost. I haven’t heard many of my fellow candidates describe how to pay for their ambitious programs, but I think it’s obvious how they’ll pay for them - through tax hikes on the middle class, and the middle class does not deserve to be taxed more. In contrast, there’s a clear path to paying for the more moderate programs I propose - instituting a fair tax increase on the rich and corporations, and redirecting funds from the foolish Border Wall - that allows for major benefits to the American people without murdering the Treasury Department’s reserves. As President, it’ll be one of my top priorities to be fiscally prudent while also being devoted to reforms that help bring American quality-of-life to the forefront of the world. Thank you again for tuning in, and I hope I've earned your vote tonight.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #126 on: January 29, 2020, 10:58:19 PM »

Note: Image policy.....ugh. Just....uuuuggghhhh.

Tom Steyer by Gage Skidmore, on Flickr

Tom Steyer Debate Answers

Opening Statement
Thank you, first I'd like to thank CNN and the venue for hosting us and everyone up here for attending and contributing to the fight against the Trump/Pence disaster. We face a crisis, Donald Trump and Mike Pence have damaged this country and hurt its people. Environmental programs have been slashed, children are being shoved into cages, basic assistance for the poor and elderly is being cut without a second thought, and the Trump/Pence administration despite claims of non-interventionism, has supported or started illegal conflicts in Syria and Yemen. We need to end the Trump/Pence disaster which has devastated working families from McDowell County West Virginia to Gallatin County Montana. The jobs aren't coming back, outsourcing is at an all time high, and wages are stagnant. All the Trump/Pence Whitehouse does is start chaotic trade wars and tweet nonsense. We must defeat them, but then we have to fix Washington. Washington is choked by corruption. Special interests like big oil, big pharma, and big banks have bought congress through legions of lobbyists and congresspeople in both parties have fallen to their sway. I'm not from Washington, I started a business in my garage. As an outsider I'll shake up Washington, end the corruption, and take back our democracy for the people. Then we can get things done for working families across this country.

You've attacked lobbying in Washington on numerous occasions; do you support the new legislation that would significantly roll back this lobbying, and, if not, why not?
A broken clock is right twice a day, the President right on this one. Although I wish he was right on it 15, 10, 5 years ago, or even 5 months ago. Congressman and Governor Mike Pence took 233,850 Dollars from Big Oil, 135,250 Dollars from the Pharmaceutical Industry, 235,039 from Banks, the list goes on. Mike has spent his entire career running from constituents, and fighting hard for special interests. I'm happy he's finally turned to the progressive way of thinking! (Pauses for applause) Let's talk about Mike. You know the President won't even say my name, he's simply terrified. He won't say my name. Well you know, he's just mad I helped kill Tax Scam 2.0. I'm so glad to part of the coalition, with populist fighters like Cory Booker up here, Seth Moulton, and Steve Bullock and Senator Baldwin who told the President we wouldn't allow him to blow up the deficit to give the wealthiest another break when the poor can't get by. So I understand if Mike can't handle that I helped kill his bill. I can't say I'm sorry, and if he tries again I'll be back on the streets of Washington and I'll help kill it again. The progressive movement I'm trying to build terrifies Mike Pence, and its a fantastic feeling.

Closing Statements
I'd like to thank my fellow candidates and the moderation team tonight, our spirited discussion of the issues is a great triumph compared to a Republican debate stage filled on one end with a lunatic conspiracy theorist and the other a desperate wild President. As I travel through America, from deep blue to deep red areas I've gotten to see more firsthand of our common pains and trials. Families in Greene County Pennsylvania struggle to keep up with the costs of living as wages stay down while families in San Diego face the same trouble. Of course there are differences by region, and by race, but we must work together to overcome these troubles and do not believe it cannot be done it certainly can. We know how it can be fixed, but we can't get there if we don't break the corporate grip on Washington. Tonight I promise to everyone I have met and every American, Democrat, Republican, Independent or whatever, if I win I will break the Washington cycle of gridlock and failure, I'll end the corruption and take our democracy back for the people. Then we can get the work done, fight climate change, lift up working people, rebuild the middle class, and fight burning racial and gender injustices. Thank you Miami, and let's get to work.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #127 on: January 29, 2020, 11:41:15 PM »

Tammy Baldwin Campaign Strategy and Platform

Strategy for February-May

Campaign launch in home state of Wisconsin, with most of the early investment centralized in the Midwest, including the campaign’s HQ opening in Madison, WI.
In February, Senator Baldwin holds a tour of Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Michigan, and Ohio.
Spend March and April introducing the Senator to voters in early states and opening campaign offices in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, and South Carolina.
In May, Baldwin embarks on a southwestern tour, holding campaign events in Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, and California
Swear off corporate PAC money and commit to enacting a progressive agenda.

Campaign Platform

Pass Medicare for All, and commit to transitioning to single payer
Pass common sense gun legislation, like universal background checks, banning assault weapons, and closing the boyfriend loophole
Raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour
Pass a Green New Deal
Pass the Equality Act and ERA
Codify Roe v Wade
Guarantee 1/3 of corporate board members are employees
Cancel student loan debt and make college universally free
Support the popular vote to decide Presidential elections
RGM2609
« Reply #128 on: January 30, 2020, 03:56:21 AM »

Mike Pence @presidentpence

It was very amusing to hear Steyer (Dem Koch) say that I am terrified of his so-called progressive movement. I am not afraid, and he should be afraid because after we'll overturn Citizens United he won't be able to threaten US Representatives anymore. Also, he didn't kill the tax bill because it helped the rich (spoiler alert: it didn't) but because it was closing some loopholes that he certainly benefits from! FRAUD
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -3.44

P P P

« Reply #129 on: January 30, 2020, 11:11:26 AM »

Abrams announces plan to combat the Opioid Crisis

INTRODUCTION:
Stacey’s plan removes unnecessary obstacles to medications for addiction treatment, expands access to health services, and enforces laws that require insurance coverage of mental health care. Her plan also expands access to treatment, develops national standards for states to gather data on opioid use and overdoses, and require insurers to remove obstacles to covering medications for opioid use disorder.

Aggressively Combat the Opioid Crisis:
Under Stacey’s plan, the government will provide medications to treat opioid use disorder and counseling when people enter hospitals or the criminal justice system. Equipping hospitals to provide medications for opioid use disorder and treating people who suffer from addiction problems instead of incarcerating them, unless they have committed violent crimes.

Enforce federal laws mandating insurance coverage for mental health and substance use disorders.
Requiring insurers to remove obstacles (for example, prior authorization) to cover medications for opioid use disorder and removing special training requirements and limits on prescribing buprenorphine.

Developing national standards for states to gather data on opioid use and overdoses to understand the scope of the crisis better and see which areas need help most.

Ms. Abrams plans to announce a second plan later today...

Image from the Abrams gubernatorial campaign on Flickr
RGM2609
« Reply #130 on: January 30, 2020, 11:29:49 AM »

I invite @StaceyAbrams to the White House to discuss with me and the Administration's policymakers a plan to solve opioid addiction. Huge crisis with great potential for fixing with the right plan!
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #131 on: January 30, 2020, 11:31:07 AM »

Abrams announces plan to establish a Fair Workweek for ALL Americans

INTRODUCTION:
Unpredictable work schedules that leave middle-class families with too few hours to
afford necessities and no control over their time is a big part of their problem on how
They support themselves and their families. Some workers get little advance notice about whether they should come to work -- 25% of workers were required to clear their schedules to be “on-call” for shifts they were not guaranteed to get, preventing them from making plans with their families, working another job, or going back to school.

THE PLAN:
Low-wage workers across the economy suffer from unpredictable work schedules,
workers of color -- especially women of color -- bear the brunt of these abusive
scheduling practices. Women of color have a 5-10% greater exposure to scheduling
instability even when controlling for educational attainment and comparing workers
within the same company.

In my plan, employers with 15 or more employees will be required to give at least 2 weeks of advance notice of any schedule changes. Too often, employees aren’t given a guarantee of rest between shifts, in my plan, they will.

In my plan, employers are required to offer additional work hours to existing, part-time workers before hiring new employees or contractors. Many times, employers strategically try to prevent workers from working full-time shifts so that they don’t have to give them benefits.

Under my administration, workers that have worked with their employer for at least one year will also have access to Family Medical Leave act leave and protection, regardless of whether they’re part or full-time employees. Workers who work at least 500 hours for two consecutive years will also have access to employee retirement plans. If an employer fails to follow the guidelines above, they will be fined between $100 and $1,000.

The era of working people being underestimated and undermined by the people in charge is over when I am elected President.

Thank you for reading my plan to better the situations of working people.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #132 on: January 30, 2020, 11:36:45 AM »

@StaceyAbrams TWEET

I'm happy to have received the President's invitation to the White House to discuss the opioid crisis, an issue near and dear to my heart. I can not in good faith accept that invitation without directly asking him to denounce his previous policies regarding marriage equality and equality for ALL Americans no matter their sexual identity.
RGM2609
« Reply #133 on: January 30, 2020, 11:42:05 AM »

Apparently the opioid crisis isn't important enough to Stacey Abrams to accept working with political opponents to solve it #RememberInNovember

But no harm, no foul - my Administration will solve this crisis even without her help!
RGM2609
« Reply #134 on: January 30, 2020, 12:25:31 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2020, 01:32:40 PM by RGM2609 »

Mike Pence announces cabinet change

Press statement:

"In order to ensure that the Education Department is in touch with the people and able to carry out significant education reforms across the country, I decided to call for and accept Secretary Betsy DeVos's resignation from the job of Education Secretary. While I thank her for her service, I think an shift in educational policy is very needed, and as such I will nominate Michelle Rhee to replace her. Michelle is a hero of education reform who has proven while in DC that she can greatly reform the system for the good of the students, parents and teacher and I urge the Senate to confirm her so we can get to work on this very important reform."
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.13

« Reply #135 on: January 30, 2020, 01:35:04 PM »

Jeff Merkley's CNN's Commander-in-Chief Forum Answers

General:

1. I was quite frankly not impressed with what President Pence presented before Congress. This bill is nothing more than a giveaway to the corporations and the wealthy, and only further serves to increase income inequality in America. This bill reduces the amount of tax brackets from 7 to a mere 3 tax brackets, it eliminates a few dozen taxes completely, which the loophole removal and middle class tax cuts does not make up for. This is not a tax bill for working class Americans, it does not benefit them in the slightest from this tax bill, while the wealthy and corporations will only benefit more. That is why i opposed the bill, not to mention the reckless fiscal irresponsibility.

2. I will of course support a Medicare for All system. And not only do i support  a Medicare for All system, i support the abolishment of private insurance, as we cannot allow the greedy insurance companies an inch of ground in a Medicare for All system, as otherwise we would still be encouraging the profit-seeking attitude that insurance companies have had for so long.
Medicare for All will allow you more choice than you have now, because as it stands currently you cannot to whichever doctor you want to, there are a lot of restrictions that the insurance companies put on which doctor you can visit, which wouldn't be the case under a Medicare for All system. Not to mention the fact that you would no longer be paying co-pays and deductibles, which actually means you would also have more money in your own pockets under a Medicare for All system. So if you believe in choice, more money in your pockets, and higher quality healthcare, Medicare for All is the way.

3. Yes i do believe that climate change is urgent, and that the entire world will suffer if we don't take major action on the issue of climate change very soon. As for the action i would take, it's clear that our nation needs a Green New Deal to tackle the issue of climate change, as well as declaring it a threat to national security. I want the American government to devote the country to preparing for climate change as fully as Franklin Delano Roosevelt once did to reinvigorating the economy after the Great Depression, by initiate a WWII-scale national mobilization to halt climate change, which is the greatest threat to humanity in our history. We will create 20 million jobs by transitioning to 100% clean renewable energy by 2030, and investing in public transit, sustainable (regenerative) agriculture, conservation and restoration of critical infrastructure, including ecosystems. This is the kind of ambitious action we need to take if we want to combat climate change.

Personal:

1. Well i think it mostly comes down to a closeness in ideology, and being close friends and allies in the Senate, which of course comes naturally from supporting the same side on many issues. A willingness to pass the torch to someone younger than himself, so he can take more of a figurehead role in the progressive movement, and allow the newer generation to take the more active role. That's what i believe are the reasons behind it.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #136 on: January 30, 2020, 01:37:10 PM »

Tammy Baldwin Debate Answers

Source

Opening Statement:

"I would like to start by thanking CNN, this venue, and all attendees and viewers at home for your part in making this debate possible. This administration has brought something important to light, that our current system is only working for the wealthy. If you're wealthy you have a President and a Senate that is looking out for you. But if you're a woman, a person of color, a member of the LGBTQ community, or just someone with aspirations for the American Dream, you will find no ally in this administration. That is what inspired me to run for President, to be an advocate for everyday Americans that have been left behind by this administration. It's why I have rejected corporate PAC money, why I have rejected closed door fundraisers, and have authored the Financial Services Conflict of Interest Act, which would outlaw financial incentives for corporate executives to take a government job, reducing the corruption in Washington. We desperately need real reform in Washington, and while the President rails against the so called 'swamp,' he packs his cabinet with a who's who of special interests. It's time for a change in the business as usual politics, and time for a movement towards an America that works for everyone."

To Senator Baldwin: While you have made clear that your main plan of attack in a general election would be to take back the Midwest, many in your party have suggested that you instead pursue a strategy based in more diverse states, such as Florida, North Carolina, and Arizona. What makes you think your strategy is superior?

"With all due respect, I reject the idea that Democrats have to pick either the Midwest or the Sun Belt as a path for victory. President Obama won Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin alongside North Carolina and Florida. The way we win is not by writing off certain states and regions just because we lost the last time. The way we win is to actually champion big, bold ideas like Medicare for All, canceling student debt, and passing the Equality Act. These ideas work everywhere, and will only serve to expand our coalition in November.

The reason I believe I'm the best nominee for the party is that I have a record of winning in the very region that decided the election in 2016. I did this not by watering down progressive ideas, but by fully owning and campaigning on them, which is exactly how I plan on campaigning in a general election."

Closing Statement:

"Right now, we're having a debate on the future of our party. We've heard from pundits that Democrats must water down our platform in order to win, but I stand here today as proof to the contrary. I believe Democrats need to stand for bold progress in the face of opposition, that we are at our best when we are fighting for goals like a $15 minimum wage, for clean air and water, and for debt free education. The truth is, this election will decide who we are, whether we are okay with the corruption and extremism embodied by this administration, or if we will put this chapter behind us. What's next isn't easy, our opponents have the support of corporate interests and dark money, but what my campaign is built on is the support of people like all of you on the grassroots level. If you want a more inclusive America, that works for all of us, then I ask for your help in achieving that vision we share for our country. Thank you!"
RGM2609
« Reply #137 on: January 30, 2020, 01:45:15 PM »

Sen Baldwin was calling my Cabinet one of special interests...while I was replacing a billionaire with a public advocate. #DrainTheSwamp
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: January 30, 2020, 01:53:50 PM »

Tammy Baldwin Announces Opposition to Secretary of Education Appointee Michelle Rhee

"I opposed Betsy DeVos' appointment to Education Secretary because I did not believe that she was someone Americans could trust to make decisions about our children's education. Her resignation is long overdue. However, the appointment of Michelle Rhee is incredibly concerning given her tenure as Chancellor of DC Public Schools, where she oversaw a widening of the achievement gap, and appointed political allies to evaluate the results of her programs. The lack of transparency to parents, teachers, and the DC city council is a concerning legacy of Rhee's tenure. The Secretary of Education must work to improve the education quality of all schools, not just increase the focus on wealthy districts."
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #139 on: January 30, 2020, 02:11:54 PM »

Statement from Stacey Abrams following the President's tweet

I have something very simple to say to the President. Do not mistake principle for political gamesmanship. If Mr. Pence would simply clarify his position on marriage equality and agree with the vast majority of Americans that love is love, I would be more inclined to join him at the White House to have a bipartisan discussion about how to end the opioid crisis.
RGM2609
« Reply #140 on: January 30, 2020, 02:29:48 PM »

Make no mistake, the opioid crisis has nothing to do with marriage. Stacey Abrams is just avoiding doing anything to solve the crisis because she doesn't want to help me accomplish anything. SAD!
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #141 on: January 30, 2020, 02:30:13 PM »

VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #142 on: January 30, 2020, 02:33:29 PM »

Once again, the President refuses to answer the question... I'm not surprised. However, I'd expect a little more of a flare with the pivot. The President has been in Washington 15 out of his 17-18 year career in politics. I'd expect him to be a little better at pivoting.

I'll give him an example, let's see how he responds. Mr. President, let's say you're having a town hall in Iowa, and a gay man walked up to the microphone and asked you if you think he should be able to marry the man he loves. What would you say?

Statement from Stacey Abrams to the President
RGM2609
« Reply #143 on: January 30, 2020, 02:48:55 PM »

Mike Pence's remarks in Iowa related to Michelle Rhee's nomination, responding question at a town hall:

Well, the Democrats are obviously opposing this nomination, as they oppose almost everything I do, from tax relief and simplification to infrastructure to...well, anything. Now they oppose the nomination of a brave, esteemed public advocate for education reform named Michelle Rhee for Education Secretary. They say that her tenure as DC Public Schools Chancellor was a failure. Spoiler alert, it was not. It was great. Michelle Rhee inherited a troubled public system in the city, with very poor results. During her tenure, the results have improved by 14% in reading and 17% in math, a decrease of violence in schools, better quality and availability of books and other instructional materials. And related to the firings of teacher, I personally don't believe there's everything wrong with firing teachers who had beaten up children, who had sex with children, who missed a lot of days. I really don't. We need better evaluation for teachers and fire the ones who don't do their jobs the right way while improving training. And that's what Michelle Rhee will fight for as Education Secretary, in addition to expanding charter schools and School Choice, ending Common Core, bringing education supervision to the local communities, expand vocational and technical education, make college more affordable for everyone. Thank you. Now next...
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #144 on: January 30, 2020, 03:09:05 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2020, 03:25:09 PM by Congrats Senator Manny Sethi »

Rand Paul Debate Answers

Opening Statements : "Hello everyone watching back home in the United States of America. I'm Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky, though I'm quite sure you already know me because of my recent feud with the President on Twitter. I stand before you today as a Candidate running for President not for the Washington Machine or the Swamp, but my own man with a focus directly on the people of this great country. For too long, our leaders have gotten us involved in never ending foreign wars a world away, an ever inflating deficit that could and possibly will bankrupt us, a confiscation of our civil liberties to the federal government and so many things that can be brought up. I refuse for that to continue to happen and thus I stand here today to offer up my solutions, as a new kind of Republican running for President."

Quote from: Laura Ingraham
You voted against the President's tax cuts out of a sense of their fiscal irresponsibility. Now the President intends to instead increase spending on infrastructure. Will you oppose this measure, as well, and why or why not?

"That is a very good question to ask me, Mrs. Ingraham, and I’ll have to explain my vote here. On my tax cuts vote, I cited a recent article from Politico about it ballooning the deficit and the President attempted to use that against me, attempting to discredit the source by saying it’s “a press institution”. However, he forgets to mention that Politico has its own independent economists that did the math several times and came up with these numbers. And before the President can attempt to call these economists biased, of the 12, 8 were conservative, 3 were centrist, and 1 was liberal. The same could be said for political analysts looking at the bankruptcy concern statistic amongst Republicans , who were 43 conservative, 5 centrist, and 2 liberal. I voted against the Tax Bill because of that study. Now he is introducing another bill, one that will bring up a cost of $451 Billion, which would likely skyrocket us past the $1 Trillion deficit. Here, the President is attempting to put me and Senator Portman into a doomed if we vote yes, doomed if we vote no position. I’ll make a promise here, however. If the president can assure me that he’ll at least attempt to cut the federal deficit by $10-$20 Billion when the next Budget is introduced, then this bill will have my vote. Otherwise, I’ll vote against it to try and stop us from going bankrupt."

Closing Statements : "Americans of all backgrounds, Sexuality, ethnicities, and ranking on the economic ladder, I am running for you, to make sure you have a happy and prosperous life. For too long, the swamp in Washington has been consumed with fiscally irresponsible politicians that only balloon our national deficit. You may be asking “What’s the difference between Senator Paul and other politicians who’ve been in office?” and the answer is consistency. If you go onto OnTheIssues.org and look on my page, you can see I have been consistent since Day 1 that we need to be fiscally responsible no matter who was in power. Presidents Bush and Obama ballooned our deficit astronomically and while President Trump showed interest in doing that same thing, President Pence has only shown intense interest in increasing our spending, driving up our national deficit, on continuing fruitless foreign wars and screaming that I’m not concerned with foreign policy because I want to put a stop to that. The President calls me and Senator Portman traitors for not attempting to bankrupt our country. I’ll ask you this, my fellow Americans : Is it traitorous to not want to see young Americans die in a country that doesn’t even enjoy our presence? Is it traitorous to not wish to see our nation file for bankruptcy for increased spending? The only reason the President is attacking me and my fellow Senator is because he is scared because our new ideas challenges his old ideas. He is afraid that our ideas are more popular than his in his own party. I know the President will likely go on Twitter and tweet about how me and Rob’s statements here are somehow proof that we don’t care about this country or he’ll cut up our statements to use in ads against us. But by doing so, wouldn’t it prove my point that he is afraid? That he knows we pose a threat? If we don’t pose a threat, than why not remain silent on us? I want everyone to think about that the next the President tweets about one of his primary opponents. I rest my case."
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #145 on: January 30, 2020, 03:49:07 PM »

Rand Paul Response to President Pence (July 7th, 2019; Knoxville, Knox County, Tennessee)

"So, the President had his surrogates attack me for having a 'weak foreign policy' in May. Apparently it is weak to now to be against the use of young american citizens in wars that shouldn't even concern us in the first place. It's now weak to not want to be the puppets of the Sauds in their cold war with Iran or Pakistan in their cold war with India. It is now weak to put our interests first and foremost and not be too concerned with what happens outside of this country. The President no doubt ordered his surrogates to do these attacks while looking like he took the high road so it looked as if he wouldn't take the blame for any attacks. I think me and most other Americans can see right past the veil of Smoke that the President is offering up. In January 2017, The President wanted to put America First while re-engaging the world. Now, I am offering up the exact same thing. I am offering to put America First once and for all. I am not demanding for a complete and utter withdrawal, as you can see with my support for increased Securities of our embassy and if the Nation was attacked during a Paul Presidency, be rest assured that we will strike hard, we will strike fast, and we will end any threat to us. Now, however, it's time to stop nation building and warmongering and instead, it's time to refocus on America while we rebuild our relations with the world that has been severely damaged ever since the Iraq War."

RAND PAUL SPEECH #3 : BRINGING BACK FAMILY VALUES (July 11th, 2019; Alamo, Crockett County, Tennessee)

"I'm glad to be in the great volunteer state of Tennessee, perhaps one of the most beautiful states in the country. I want to talk to all of you here today about one thing : Family. More specifically, I want to talk about Family Values in this nation. Over the last few years, I have seen a decline in close family and community values coincide with the rise of technology and the decline of religion, increasing the partisan divides of this country. I believe it is time we bring back family and community values to this country. We do that by limiting government and reintroducing local community activities. As President, I would limit government welfare to the point to where it was down to those who truly need it, not those who would abuse the system. At the same time, my administration would be working hard, promoting community level activities for every city, town, and village in America. It's time that the American Dream returns with the American family and as President, I would do my best to ensure that that happens."
RGM2609
« Reply #146 on: January 30, 2020, 03:52:42 PM »

This must be BREAKING NEWS for traitorous Senator Rand Paul, but I don't control the minds of other people! If my supporters think he's got a weak foreign policy, that's their opinion (and of many other people). I only answer for my own statements.
RGM2609
« Reply #147 on: January 30, 2020, 04:03:20 PM »

July 2019 - President Pence gets to work in DC, surrogates rally the people in Iowa and South (mostly Tennessee)

President Mike Pence was very focused with policy ideas in the 7th month of 2019. While still doing some campaigning, mostly in Iowa, where he regularly gives stump speeches and holds town halls, his main concern was writing more badly needed policy proposals. He met with Lisa Murkowski and Susan  Collins, 2 Senators who famously voted against the Obamacare repeal proposals of 2017, to discuss some mild health care reforms that can be enacted with a Democratic House. They hope the final bills they agreed to will lower costs while increasing transparency, however it won't be anything revolutionary. He also met with Michelle Rhee and other education reform advocates with the goal of writing a comprehensive education reform proposal. While probably too conservative to pass in the House, Pence and Rhee hope it will spark a movement in support of it all across the country, so it can be enacted in 2020 shall President Pence get re-elected. He also hopes for a meeting with Ivanka Trump to discuss affordable child care and paid family leave. Other than that, his staffers were asked to come up with as many EO ideas are possible, and some of them are soon to be announced to the public. August will almost certainly be a busy month in Washington as the President lays off most of his agenda.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #148 on: January 30, 2020, 04:45:11 PM »

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Steyer_2020_presidential_campaign#/media/File:Tom_2020_819a29ab.png

Tom Steyer Ad: Tom's Running

Broadcasted in all major markets and in ALL Markets in Iowa and New Hampshire

Narrator:
Tom Steyer, businessman, activists, progressive is running for President. He's running to end the Trump/Pence scam, fight climate change, end Washington corruption, and take back our democracy for the people. He's not afraid of the lobbyists and special interests because he doesn't take their crooked money. His campaign is 100% funded by Tom and people like you.

Tom Steyer in Manchester, Iowa 10/20/2019. by Mark Roeder, on Flickr

Tom's running because working women and women have been kicked around for too long. He knows it's time for the government to fight for working families again, and not the powerful and well connected. He's an outsider beholden to the nobody, who'll smash Washington gridlock and get results for you and your family.

Tom Steyer @ Hanover, NH by Marc Nozell, on Flickr

Tom is rolling out bold progressive plans like a wealth tax for the super rich, Tom knows people like him should not be getting tax breaks, instead he'll cut taxes for working families. He's not afraid of Big Oil, so he's rolling out a multi billion dollar plan to fight climate change and create millions of green energy jobs. Tom will stand up to the pharmaceutical industry to hold them accountable for their crimes against good hard working Americans in the opioid crisis. The American people are more important than lobbyists and special interests, and it's time to fight for them.

I'm Tom Steyer, and I approve this message.
RGM2609
« Reply #149 on: January 30, 2020, 04:59:55 PM »

During a press conference from the White House, President Mike Pence was asked to comment on some political issues of the day. Here is what he had to say:

On the POLITICO panel Rand Paul referred to:

I had my staff to do a little dig in this so-called panel, and those 8 conservatives were big fans of the traitorous Rand Paul. They adhered to his well, misguided economic vision, to his policy proposals and made up this study to defend him. Basically the traitor ordered this study to come up before the vote, so he has something to bring up when I ask: "why did you vote against cutting taxes for the middle and lower class?" It's honestly such a disgrace to the American people that I am not going to talk about this anymore, this man has showed that he is a traitor to his constituents and country and they will judge him at the voting booth.

On the latest Tom Steyer ad:

This man is one of the greatest frauds in the history of American politics. He claims in his ad that I am a scam, yet when I proposed to cut taxes for working people he was out there threatening sitting US Representatives to vote against it. Now he claims he will cut taxes for working people. He keeps bringing up lobbyists and special interests, but he forgets 2 things: first I have been the only president in recent history to seriously address this issue and if he allows my lobbying bill to come into law, not threatening officials to vote against it, the problem will be basically solved, second and this is where my statement ends he is a special interest who has an army of lobbyists. The American people will judge, and I place my faith in them to see through this scam.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies