Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:34:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread  (Read 31473 times)
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« on: January 27, 2020, 12:09:31 AM »
« edited: January 27, 2020, 05:53:41 PM by Homosexual Extremist »

Tammy Baldwin Announces Run for President in Madison, WI

“In 2016, Wisconsin went to the GOP for the first time since 1984. Last year, we elected Democrats to every statewide office, taking out a conservative governor who weakened unions, cut funding towards education, and approved some of the most gerrymandered maps in the country. Wisconsin is, at its heart, a progressive place, we just need someone who inspires our voters to turn out even when faced with structural challenges. Democrats must nominate someone who knows how to win in the Midwest, someone who upholds the progressive tradition of this great state. Madison, that’s why I’m here, to announce that I am running for President or the United States. I pledge to you that we will fight for collective bargaining, Medicare for all, and  for enshrining civil rights for all Americans. Right now, we have a President who represents the wealthy, corporate interests, and hyper conservative groups, not the every day person. I promise, as your President, to represent all of you.”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 08:54:01 PM »

Tammy Baldwin Town Hall Answers

1) Many of you have very strong views on the President's tax cuts, which recently passed the Senate 53-47, with six of you even voting on it (all against). Would each of you care to once again clarify your position on the issue, and would the Senators explain the reasoning behind their votes?

These cuts are meant to be a signal to wealthy donors and corporations that the GOP is on your side. The middle class is largely overlooked yet again by a Republican tax cut, and they have proven that the majority of Republicans do not care about balancing a budget as long as they hold the Presidency. The way to give everyday Americans a real improvement in quality life is expanding access to healthcare through Medicare for All, by busting up monopolies that keep costs high and wages low, and guaranteeing workers spots on their company’s corporate boards, not by cutting taxes to the wealthy.

2) Healthcare is the #1 issue Americans are concerned about this election cycle. How would each of you format healthcare under your administration?

I’ve been in favor of Medicare for All since I was in the Wisconsin state legislature, and as President, I would lead transition to single payer health insurance. We can not continue to allow people to die because they can’t afford healthcare or to go broke in order to pay for life saving medication. Under my plan, we would have a transition with a public option, as the ACA originally was intended to have, with single payer by the end of my first term.

3) Climatologists now say we have little more than a decade to roll back our global greenhouse gas input before disastrous irreversibility strikes. Do you agree with this assessment? If so, how would you move to lessen this nation's carbon footprint? If not, why do you believe it not to be the case?

You don’t have to be a scientist to see that our climate has changed and is changing. We need an aggressive strategy to combat the impact of climate change and prevent irreversible damage to our planet. That’s why I have signed on to the green new deal, and have committed to expanding our energy portfolio so we can get to a carbon neutral reality.

Senator Baldwin:

You are the only member of the LGBTQ+ community on this stage tonight. President Pence has been accused repeatedly of intense homophobia and encouragement of discrimination against LGBT individuals. Did his ascendance to the Presidency have any bearing on your decision to run?

I would be lying if I said the extremism of this administration wasn’t part of the inspiration for my getting into this race. But, the truth is, this is bigger than just the President. This is the fact that LGBTQ people live in a patchwork America, where our rights vary greatly depending on what state we live in. I hear from members of my community daily about their fears of losing their job, their residence, or their safety due to the codified bigotry we are subjected to. We must commit to the Equality Act, and push for federal protections, as well as international ones.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 11:41:15 PM »

Tammy Baldwin Campaign Strategy and Platform

Strategy for February-May

Campaign launch in home state of Wisconsin, with most of the early investment centralized in the Midwest, including the campaign’s HQ opening in Madison, WI.
In February, Senator Baldwin holds a tour of Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Michigan, and Ohio.
Spend March and April introducing the Senator to voters in early states and opening campaign offices in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, and South Carolina.
In May, Baldwin embarks on a southwestern tour, holding campaign events in Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, and California
Swear off corporate PAC money and commit to enacting a progressive agenda.

Campaign Platform

Pass Medicare for All, and commit to transitioning to single payer
Pass common sense gun legislation, like universal background checks, banning assault weapons, and closing the boyfriend loophole
Raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour
Pass a Green New Deal
Pass the Equality Act and ERA
Codify Roe v Wade
Guarantee 1/3 of corporate board members are employees
Cancel student loan debt and make college universally free
Support the popular vote to decide Presidential elections
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2020, 01:37:10 PM »

Tammy Baldwin Debate Answers

Source

Opening Statement:

"I would like to start by thanking CNN, this venue, and all attendees and viewers at home for your part in making this debate possible. This administration has brought something important to light, that our current system is only working for the wealthy. If you're wealthy you have a President and a Senate that is looking out for you. But if you're a woman, a person of color, a member of the LGBTQ community, or just someone with aspirations for the American Dream, you will find no ally in this administration. That is what inspired me to run for President, to be an advocate for everyday Americans that have been left behind by this administration. It's why I have rejected corporate PAC money, why I have rejected closed door fundraisers, and have authored the Financial Services Conflict of Interest Act, which would outlaw financial incentives for corporate executives to take a government job, reducing the corruption in Washington. We desperately need real reform in Washington, and while the President rails against the so called 'swamp,' he packs his cabinet with a who's who of special interests. It's time for a change in the business as usual politics, and time for a movement towards an America that works for everyone."

To Senator Baldwin: While you have made clear that your main plan of attack in a general election would be to take back the Midwest, many in your party have suggested that you instead pursue a strategy based in more diverse states, such as Florida, North Carolina, and Arizona. What makes you think your strategy is superior?

"With all due respect, I reject the idea that Democrats have to pick either the Midwest or the Sun Belt as a path for victory. President Obama won Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin alongside North Carolina and Florida. The way we win is not by writing off certain states and regions just because we lost the last time. The way we win is to actually champion big, bold ideas like Medicare for All, canceling student debt, and passing the Equality Act. These ideas work everywhere, and will only serve to expand our coalition in November.

The reason I believe I'm the best nominee for the party is that I have a record of winning in the very region that decided the election in 2016. I did this not by watering down progressive ideas, but by fully owning and campaigning on them, which is exactly how I plan on campaigning in a general election."

Closing Statement:

"Right now, we're having a debate on the future of our party. We've heard from pundits that Democrats must water down our platform in order to win, but I stand here today as proof to the contrary. I believe Democrats need to stand for bold progress in the face of opposition, that we are at our best when we are fighting for goals like a $15 minimum wage, for clean air and water, and for debt free education. The truth is, this election will decide who we are, whether we are okay with the corruption and extremism embodied by this administration, or if we will put this chapter behind us. What's next isn't easy, our opponents have the support of corporate interests and dark money, but what my campaign is built on is the support of people like all of you on the grassroots level. If you want a more inclusive America, that works for all of us, then I ask for your help in achieving that vision we share for our country. Thank you!"
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2020, 01:53:50 PM »

Tammy Baldwin Announces Opposition to Secretary of Education Appointee Michelle Rhee

"I opposed Betsy DeVos' appointment to Education Secretary because I did not believe that she was someone Americans could trust to make decisions about our children's education. Her resignation is long overdue. However, the appointment of Michelle Rhee is incredibly concerning given her tenure as Chancellor of DC Public Schools, where she oversaw a widening of the achievement gap, and appointed political allies to evaluate the results of her programs. The lack of transparency to parents, teachers, and the DC city council is a concerning legacy of Rhee's tenure. The Secretary of Education must work to improve the education quality of all schools, not just increase the focus on wealthy districts."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 11:27:34 AM »

SEIU Endorses Tammy Baldwin for President

Source

“The SEIU is proud to endorse Tammy Baldwin for President. During her time in Congress, she has been a fighter for the same policies that we support as the nation’s largest labor union, like employee representation on corporate boards, a $15 an hour minimum wage, paid family leave, and undoing anti-union bills like Right to Work. Tammy Baldwin has worked for the working class since she got into politics, and we believe she will continue this record as President.”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2020, 09:37:22 PM »

Tammy Baldwin Summer Schedule

Source

June:

1-8th: Iowa

- Hold rally with Cindy Axne in Des Moines
- Visit Des Moines campaign HQ to expand the operation and meet with campaign staff
- Rally on forgiving student loan debt in Ames, followed by a town hall
- Stretch of town halls in central Iowa, including in Fort Dodge, Lake City, and Ida Grove
- Rally in Sioux City
- Open campaign office in Sioux City
- Town hall in Le Mars

9th-12th: Nevada

- Open campaign HQ in Las Vegas
- Meet with culinary union members on protecting collective bargaining
- Rally in Las Vegas on de-criminalizing border crossings
- Town halls in Henderson and Paradise on universal background checks and bump stock bans

13-18th: New Hampshire

- Visit campaign HQ in Concord
- Tour Concord public schools, meeting with members of the teacher's union
- Rally in Concord on Medicare for All
- Rally in Manchester on the Equality Act
- Town hall in Manchester on the impact of gun violence
- Rally in Nashua on a Green New Deal
- Open campaign office in Nashua, meeting with staff and volunteers at the launch
- Rural tour of northern New Hampshire, holding both physical and digital town halls on trade, agriculture, and the fight for 15

19-26th: South Carolina

- Rally in Charleston
- Rally in Goose Creek
- Rally in Sumter
- Rally in Columbia
- Add staff to Columbia campaign HQ
- Tour public schools in Columbia
- Host a rural tour of western South Carolina, rolling out a green infrastructure bill, which includes laying down fiber for universal broadband, updating roads and bridges to be greener, and testing and updating the water system to prevent another Flint

27-30th: Texas

- Rally in El Paso on de-criminalizing border crossings
- Town Hall in El Paso on DACA and DAPA
- Visit border communities from El Paso to Del Rio, speaking with locals on the impact of this administration's immigration policy

July

1-4th: Wisconsin

- Return home to Madison, celebrate July 4th with family and friends
- Spend downtime strategizing with the campaign team

5-10th: Iowa

- Open new campaign office in Dubuque
- Rally at Dubuque university on free college tuition and forgiving student loan debt
- Town hall in Dubuque to take questions in regard to Baldwin's education policy plan
- Rally in Cedar Rapids
- Rally in Iowa City on the fight for 15
- Rally in Davenport on fair trade policies

11-15th: Minnesota

- Rally in Minneapolis on the Equality Act
- Town hall on universal background checks and assault weapon bans
- Rally in Saint Paul on single-payer
- Rally in Rochester on Baldwin's infrastructure bill
- Rally in Mankato

16-20th: Nevada

- Rally in Reno on the ERA
- Town hall in Reno on paid family leave
- Rally in Carson City
- Digital town halls for outreach to rural parts of the state, highlighting opposition to the trade war, which hurts farmers and ranchers and increases prices in rural America

21-31st: Texas

- Complete border tour with town halls in McAllen and Brownsville
- Rally on canceling student loan debt in Corpus Christi
- Town hall in Victoria on criminal justice reform, highlighting an end to cash bail
- Rally in San Antonio on breaking down trade barriers to help farmers
- Rally in San Antonio on immigration reform
- Town hall in Austin on renegotiating and modernizing trade deals to protect American workers
- Rally in Austin on passing the ERA and the Equality Act
- Rally in Austin on overturning Citizens United
- Town halls in Round Rock, Temple, and Waco
- Rally in Dallas on increasing teacher pay
- Rally in Fort Worth on increasing access to mental healthcare for veterans
- Rally in Arlington on using American steel to rebuild infrastructure, especially in regard to pipes
- Town halls across Dallas-Fort Worth on closing tax loopholes for the wealthy

August

1-5th: Oklahoma

- Town halls in Ardmore, Davis, Pauls Valley, and Norman
- Rally in Oklahoma City on codifying Roe
- Tour public schools, speaking on how unions helped protect workers from politicians in the state stripping education funds
- Meet with union leaders in Oklahoma City, speaking with SEIU members on strengthening unions
- Rally in Oklahoma City on protecting public lands from drilling

6-12th: Iowa

- Joint Rally in West Des Moines with Cindy Axne, speaking on winning back the Midwest
- Rally in Des Moines on Medicare for All
- Digital town halls throughout the Western and Southern portions of the state, highlighting Baldwin's infrastructure plan
- Town halls in Osceola, Leon, Lenox, and Atlantic
- Rally in Sioux City on fairer trade deals
- Open new campaign office in Fort Dodge
- Rally in Ames

13-17th: New Hampshire

- Open campaign office in Keene
- Rally in Keene on education reform
- Rally in Concord on common sense gun control
- Town hall in Concord
- Rally in Manchester on canceling student loan debt
- Rally in Portsmouth on a Green New Deal
- Town hall in Portsmouth on fair trade deals

18-23rd: Massachusetts

- Rally in Boston on M4A
- Town hall in Boston on gun violence
- Rally in Salem on codifying Roe
- Rally in Worcester
- Town halls on immigration reform in Auburn, Sturbridge, and Palmer
- Rally in Springfield
- Rally in Northampton
- Rally in Amherst

24-26th: Georgia

- Rally in Atlanta on battling voter suppression
- Town halls in Atlanta suburbs on implementing common-sense gun control
- Rally in Atlanta on ending cash bail
- Rally in Athens on Baldwin's infrastructure plan

27-31st: Iowa

- Rally in Davenport on Medicare for All
- Rally in Iowa City on closing corporate tax loopholes
- Town halls in Riverside, Mt Pleasant, and Burlington
- Town halls in Ottumwa, Oskaloosa, and Pella on protecting farmers by having the USDA buy overstock
- Rally in Des Moines on strengthening unions by ending right to work laws nationally
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 08:54:14 PM »

Tammy Baldwin Releases Ad Online and in Iowa

"Like many Americans, I have firsthand experience with the opioid epidemic that is wracking our nation. I was raised by my grandparents because my mother was battling an addiction to opioids. In 2017, she died, and I decided I would honor her legacy by working to end this crisis and make sure no one has to fight this on their own."

"Since the 90s, we've seen a dramatic uptick in abuse, even while we have restricted overprescribing from medical professionals. I've heard from Americans, and we all agree that we can and should do more."

"As Senator of Wisconsin, I have fought to increase funding for community-based treatment and worked to halt illicit fentanyl intake into our country. As President, I will work to treat addiction as a public health crisis rather than a crime, increase access to Narcan to prevent deaths from overdoses, and legalize marijuana to allow alternatives to opioids to manage pain."

"I'm Tammy Baldwin, and I approve this message."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2020, 11:13:57 AM »

Opening statement:

“Thank you Detroit, CNN, and our audience for being a part of this debate tonight. Throughout my career, I’ve found myself accidentally making history. Way back in the 90s, I became the first openly gay woman to be elected in Congress, then in 2012, I became the first openly LGBTQ person elected to the Senate. I didn’t do this by being afraid of big, bold ideas. I did this through communicating a progressive vision for our country and building a diverse coalition around these goals.

This administration has stood squarely in the way of progress, and has worked in every way possible to actively push us backwards on LGBTQ issues, healthcare, and on the wealthy paying their fair share. The way Democrats combat a challenge like this isn’t by being afraid, fear has never won us an election. Democrats win when we fight for the American people, and that’s what I’ve done in office, whether it’s been for a living wage, for the equality of LGBTQ people, or to hold corporations accountable for the treatment of their workers. I plan on continuing this fight as your nominee, and as President.”

Senator Baldwin: Unlike many of the candidates on this stage, you have openly voiced support for Medicare for All as Senator Bernie Sanders originally envisioned it. Why do you think it is the best system for the American people?

“It’s because I have personal experience with this. When I was nine, I was diagnosed with a serious childhood illness and spent three months in the hospital. After I was better, my grandparents who raised me, looked for an insurance policy that could cover me moving forward. Time and time again, they were rejected. I had a brand new label, “pre-existing condition,” which forced them to pay out of pocket for my healthcare. The Affordable Care Act stopped insurance companies from denying coverage to families in the same position as I was. But, as I’ve said since I was in the Wisconsin legislature, our ultimate goal should be universal healthcare coverage. Medicare For All doesn’t just get us there, it also simplifies a complex system, makes healthcare more affordable, and reduces prescription drug costs. It’s time for us to move towards a system that guarantees high quality, affordable healthcare, and codifies the fact that healthcare is a human right.”

Closing statement:

“I stand on this stage incredibly grateful. I’m grateful for my grandparents, who took me in while my mother battled her addiction, took care of me while I was sick, and worked to pay for my healthcare when insurance companies left us with no options. I’m grateful for my home state of Wisconsin, which elected Democrats to every statewide office in 2018. Mostly, I’m grateful for the grassroots support that has gotten me on this stage with such a talented field of Democrats and propelled this campaign.

One of the greatest honors I’ve had traveling the country has been hearing your stories. I’ve been stopped at every event by someone who has their insurance thanks to the ACA, by young people who are saddled with enormous student loan debt, by those who are worried what will happen to their newfound right to marry under a second term for this administration. I’m inspired by each of these stories to keep the fight alive, to pass Medicare for All, The Equality Act, and cancel student loan debt. Without all of you, this isn’t possible, but together, we can accomplish this and so much more. As your nominee, I promise to keep this fight alive. Thank you!”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2020, 05:37:10 PM »

Tammy Baldwin Holds Press Conference in El Paso
'

"I'm here at the border to call attention the inhumanities being committed by this administration. Instead of focusing on threats to our election security or fighting human trafficking, the President has decided to separate families at the border, take land from people who have lived here for generations, and waste taxpayer money on a wall. The truth that the President is afraid to admit is that border crossing is not tantamount to an increase in crime, or even undocumented immigration. As President, border crossings without documentation will be a civil offense, not a criminal one, and ICE will be entirely restructured and abolished in its current form. The American people deserve better than a wasteful wall and taxpayer-funded family separation."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2020, 12:47:08 AM »

Tammy Baldwin September and October Schedule

Tatiana with Tammy Baldwin by Wisconsin Jobs Now, on Flickr

September:

1-4th: Michigan

- Rally in Detroit
- Speak with supporters on unions and fight for 15
- Open Detroit campaign office
- Townhall in Dearborn on the gun violence epidemic
- Rally in Dearborn on Medicare for All
- Rally in Ann Arbor on paid family leave
- Townhall in Lansing
- Rally in Lansing
- Rally in Grand Rapids on winning back the Midwest

5-7th: Virginia

- Rally in Fairfax
- Townhalls on a fairer economy across Fairfax County
- Rally in Arlington
- Rally in McClean
- Townhalls in Dumfries, Stafford, and Fredericksburg
- Rally in Richmond
- Open campaign office in Richmond

8-12th: Massachusetts

- Rally in Springfield on implementing a wealth tax
- Townhalls in Chicopee, Palmer, and Auburn
- Rally in Worchester
- Townhalls in Westborough and Framingham on strengthening unions
- Rally in Boston on fair trade deals
- Open campaign office in Boston
- Rally in Lowell

13-16th: New Hampshire

- Rally in Nashua
- Meet volunteers in Nashua campaign office
- Townhall in Londonderry
- Rally in Manchester on protecting the agricultural industry while transitioning to green energy
- Townhall in Manchester on the opioid crisis
- Townhalls in Auburn, Raymond, and Exeter
- Townhalls in Hampton and North Hampton on passing the Equality Act
- Rally in Portsmouth on a green infrastructure plan

17-21st: Maine

- Townhalls in York, Wells, and Saco on fair trade deals
- Rally in Portland on canceling student loan debt
- Rally in Portland on the benefits to the economy with fair trade deals
- Tour Portland public schools, meeting with union members
- Rally in Freeport
- Rally in Brunswick
- Open campaign office in Augusta
- Speak with Maine SEIU members in Augusta, meeting with them after

22-30th: Iowa

- Rally in Sioux City on fair trade deals
- Rally in Le Mars
- Townhalls in Cherokee, Lake View, and Fort Dodge on rooting out corruption
- Rally in Ames
- Rally in Des Moines with Cindy Axne on making college debt-free
- Tour of Des Moines public schools, meeting with teachers to talk education
- Meet with volunteers in Des Moines campaign office
- Rally in West Des Moines, pledge to make the Secretary of Education someone who has been a public school teacher
- Townhalls in Newton, Grinnell, and Williamsburg
- Meet with SEIU members in Iowa City
- Rally in Iowa City on strengthening unions
- Open campaign office in Iowa City
- Townhalls in West Branch, West Liberty, and Wilton
- Rally on passing the ERA and codifying Roe in Davenport

October:

1-5th: Colorado

- Rally in Denver on preserving national parks through environmental protections
- Townhall in Denver on the opioid epidemic
- Rally in Aurora pledging action on gun violence
- Townhalls in Westminster and Thorton
- Rally in Boulder on debt-free college and canceling student loan debt
- Speak at University of Colorado
- Townhalls in Longmont and Loveland
- Rally in Fort Collins

6-9th: Nevada

- Rally in Las Vegas on passing the DREAM Act
- Townhall in Henderson
- Rally SEIU members in Las Vegas, taking their questions and staying for photos after
- Tour Las Vegas public schools
- Hold virtual town halls on the road in between Las Vegas and Carson City
- Rally in Carson City
- Visit campaign office in Reno
- Meet with SEIU members in Reno
- Rally in Reno

10-12th: California

- Rally in Roseville
- Rally in Sacramento on criminal justice reform
- Town halls in Vacaville, Davis, and Fairfield on immigration reform
- Rally in Berkeley at University of California on canceling student loan debt and making college tuition completely free
- Rally in San Francisco

13-16th: Minnesota

- Rally in Duluth on fair trade
- Townhall in Duluth
- Open campaign office in Duluth
- Virtual town hall on the road from Duluth to the Twin Cities
- Tour of Minneapolis public schools
- Rally in Minneapolis
- Meet with leaders of the SEIU and members in Minneapolis
- Rally in St Paul
- Meet with SEIU Healthcare members on the details of a transition to Medicare for All
- Rally in Woodbury
- Rally in Rochester

17-23rd: South Carolina

- Rally in Charleston on the fight for 15
- Tour North Charleston public schools
- Rally in North Charleston
- Speak at College of Charleston on canceling student loan debt
- Townhalls in Goose Creek and Summerville
- Meet with volunteers in Charleston office
- Townhalls in St. George, Santee, and Manning
- Rally in Florence
- Townhalls in Bishopville, Camden, and Elgin
- Rally at the University of South Carolina in Columbia on making college tuition-free
- Open campaign office in Columbia
- Rally in Columbia on making the wealthy pay their fair share with a wealth tax
- Tour Columbia public schools
- Rally at Allen University
- Townhalls in Lexington, Batesburg-Leesville, and Monetta
- Rally in North Augusta

24-31st: Georgia

- Rally in Augusta
- Open campaign office in Augusta
- Townhalls in Grovetown, Thomson, and Warrenton
- Townhalls in Greensboro, Madison, and Covington
- Rally in Atlanta on addressing gun violence
- Rally in Atlanta on fighting voter suppression
- Speak at the University of Georgia on the benefits of free college
- Rally at Atlanta University Center
- Townhalls in College Park, McDonough, and Forsyth
- Rally in Macon on the benefits of a green infrastructure bill
- Townhall in Macon on fair trade
- Tour Macon public schools
- Speak at Mercer University
- Rally in Warner Robins
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2020, 01:10:31 PM »

Tammy Baldwin Congratulates Newly Elected Governors

“I want to send a congratulations to the Governors Elect of Louisiana and Kentucky. I’m so proud of Democrats for running nationwide, and for our candidates running such strong campaigns. The truth is, Democrats can win if we run to the state we’re in, and if we have to listen to the concerns of the communities we expect to represent. Andy Beshear and John Bel Edwards ran strong campaigns, and both of their states are better for their leadership.”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2020, 11:13:14 AM »

Tammy Baldwin November Schedule

1-4: Colorado

Rally in Grand Junction
Virtual town halls for rural areas while on the road from Grand Junction to Denver
Rally in Denver
Rally in Boulder
Town hall in Loveland
Town hall in Fort Collins
Town hall in Greeley
Town hall in Brighton
Rally in Aurora
Town hall in Centennial and Parker
Rally in Castle Rock
Town hall in Larkspur and Monument
Rally in Colorado Springs

5-10: Iowa

Rally in Des Moines
Meet with volunteers in Des Moines
Town hall in West Des Moines
Rally in West Des Moines
Town halls in Van Meter, Stuart, and Atlantic
Tour public schools in Atlantic
Town hall in Walnut
Rally in Avoca
Town halls in Harlan and Defiance
Open campaign office in Denison
Town hall in Ida Grove
Rally in Sioux City
Rally in Sergeant Bluff
Town halls in Le Mars, Cherokee, and Lake City
Rally in Fort Dodge
Town halls in Iowa Falls and Clear Lake
Rally in Mason City
Open campaign office in Mason City
Rally in Waterloo
Rally in Cedar Rapids

11-13: Nevada

Meet with hotel workers in Las Vegas, shadowing the cleaning staff and touring the kitchens at several hotels
Rally in Las Vegas
Meet with casino workers, speak with them about union concerns and how to maintain their healthcare coverage under Medicare for All
Town hall in gun control in Vegas
Rally in Henderson
Town hall in Henderson
Open campaign office in Henderson
Tour Clark County public schools

14-16: California
Rally in San Francisco with Kamala Harris, accepting her endorsement
Town hall in Palo Alto
Rally in San Jose
Town hall in Fresno
Rally in Bakersfield
Rally in Los Angeles
Town hall in Los Angeles

17-21: Iowa

Rally in Dubuque
Visit volunteers in Dubuque
Town hall in Dyersville
Town hall in Monticello and Hiawatha
Rally in Cedar Rapids
Rally in Iowa City
Open campaign office in Iowa City
Rally at University of Iowa campus, discuss erasing college debt
Town halls in West Liberty, Wilton, and Durant
Open campaign office in Davenport
Rally in Davenport
Town halls in DeWitt, Maquoketa, and Andrew

22-25: South Carolina

Rally at University of South Carolina
Rally in Columbia
Town halls in St Matthews, Orangeburg, and Branchville
Rally in St George
Rally in Walterboro
Town halls in Yemassee, Ridgeland, and Hardeeville
Rally in Hilton Head
Open campaign office in Charleston

26-28: New Hampshire

Rally in Manchester
Meet with hospital employees and union members at Elliot Hospital
Open campaign office in Manchester
Town halls in Bedford and Merrimack
Rally in Nashua
Rally in Londonderry
Rally in Portsmouth
Town hall in Portsmouth

28th Thanksgiving in Madison

29-30: Minnesota

Rally in St Paul
Open campaign office in St Paul
Speak at University of Minnesota
Rally in Minneapolis
Town hall in Owatonna
Rally in Rochester
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2020, 11:30:38 PM »

Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2020, 11:39:03 PM »

Tammy Baldwin December Schedule

Source

1-7th: Iowa

- Rally in Davenport on overturning Citizen's United
- Townhall in Davenport, talking to voters about publicly funded elections
- Townhall in West Liberty
- Rally in Iowa City on a $15 minimum wage
- Rally at University of Iowa
- Townhalls in Riverside, Olds, and Mt Pleasant
- Open campaign office in Burlington
- Rally in Salem
- Townhalls in Bloomfield, Corydon, and Leon
- Rally in Osceola on a green infrastructure bill
- Open campaign office in Osceola
- Townhalls in St Charles and Martensdale
- Rally with Representative Axne in Des Moines
- Meet with union members about a federal bill to prevent right to work laws
- Townhalls in Van Meter, Winterset, and Afton
- Rally in Creston
- Rally in Lenox
- Townhalls in Bedford and Clarinda
- Rally in Shenandoah

8th: North Carolina

- Rally in Charlotte on introducing a wealth tax on the super-wealthy
- Open campaign office in Charlotte
- Rally in Charlotte on the Green New Deal spurring green energy jobs
- Meet with union members at the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools
- Rally at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte

9-15th: South Carolina

- Townhalls in Riverview and Red River on environmental issues, highlighting environmental racism
- Townhall at Winthrop University to answer questions on free college and canceling student loan debt
- Rally at Clinton College
- Rally in Rock Hill on fair trade deals
- Townhalls in Edgemoor, Lando, and Richburg
- Townhalls in Eureka Mill, Chester, and Blackstock on universal childcare
- Townhalls in White Oak and Adger
- Rally in Winnsboro
- Rally in Ridgeway
- Townhall in Blythewood, Killian, and Dentsville
- Rally in Columbia
- Virtual townhall on the road to Florence
- Rally in Florence on Medicare for All
- Townhalls in Marion, Aynor, and Conway
- Rally in Myrtle Beach
- Rally in North Myrtle Beach on a climate change action plan

16-17th: New Hampshire and Massachusetts

- Rally in Concord on implementing a wealth tax
- Townhall in Concord to talk about banning assault rifles and taking on the NRA
- Townhall in Hooksett
- Rally in Manchester on the benefit of fair trade deals
- Meet with union members at Eliot Hospital to discuss Medicare for All
- Rally in Merrimack
- Rally in Nashua
- Virtual townhall on the road to Boston
- Rally in Boston on getting money out of elections
- Open campaign office in Boston

19-24th: Iowa

- Rally in Mason City on treating the opioid epidemic as a health crisis, not a criminal one
- Townhalls in Clear Lake, Clarion, and Webster City
- Rally in Fort Dodge on protecting the agricultural industry from bad trade deals and out of touch Washington regulations
- Townhalls in Dayton and Ogden
- Rally at Iowa State University
- Meet with faculty and students at ISU after rally
- Rally in Ames
- Townhall in Ankeny
- Rally in Des Moines on climate change and increasing preparation for natural disasters
- Rally in Des Moines on legalizing marijuana and expunging the records of those incarcerated for it
- Meet with nurses at Mercy Medical Center to discuss what a more union-friendly policy would look like at the federal level
- Townhalls in Colfax, Newton, and Brooklyn
- Rally in Cedar Rapids
- Rallies at Coe College and Mount Mercy University
- Townhalls in Springville and Anamosa
- Rally in Monticello
- Townhalls in Cascade, Worthington, and Dyersville
- Tour public schools in Farley and Peosta
- Rally in Dubuque
- Meet with casino workers in Dubuque to discuss concerns over weakening unions, stagnant wages, and family leave
- Rally in Dubuque on expanding infrastructure for broadband and public transportation

25-31st:

- Home in Madison for the holidays
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2020, 01:38:11 PM »

140222-O-QS269-211 by
Wisconsin National Guard, on Flickr

Opening Statement:

"When I was younger, I could have never imagined myself on this stage running for President of the United States. As a young lesbian in Wisconsin, I had never seen anyone like me run for office. However, I saw a system that needed substantial change. I saw people who went broke because an insurance company wouldn't cover them. I saw don't ask, don't tell create a forced closeting of LGBTQ servicemembers. I saw an unjust criminal justice system that was harsher on black and brown people for the same offenses. That's what inspired me to run for office, I never set out to make history, I set out to create change.

That same desire for progress inspired this run for President. We have seen this President create tax breaks for his wealthy friends, while the middle class is disappearing. We have a President more concerned with petty Twitter spats than making sure no person in the most prosperous nation in the world is without health insurance. The truth is, Americans don't care about your spats with Mitch McConnell, they care about solutions to the problems they're facing. As your President, I will focus on the real work, not on social media.

We need to make college debt-free for every American, make the minimum wage a living wage, and we have to take on the culture of corruption that has its hold on Washington. The wealthy have plenty of representation in this administration, but everyone else is being left behind. Under my administration, the wealthy will not be valued more than anyone else, and I will work hard for all Americans, not just those who have maxed out their donations."

To Senator Baldwin: You have stated that you want to quote "get money out of politics" in a tweet lamenting Senator Booker's withdrawal from the race. With this in mind, does Mr. Steyer's current lead in the polls concern you at all?

"I have nothing against Mr. Steyer, except maybe his choice in ties. I do think the influence of money on our politics is on display in this election as it was in my own race in 2018, with outside groups and the Koch family spending millions to run a smear campaign that Wisconsinites didn't fall for. But, it's not just about elections, and it's not just Citizen's United that has corroded our system. It's the fact that there is a revolving door between corporate boards, political offices, and lobbying jobs. It's that under this administration, wealthy donors get powerful appointments so they can maintain the status quo.

Under my plan to root out corruption, this would end. It starts with overturning Citizen's United, and asking every American to pitch in a few bucks to make our elections publicly funded. We will also prohibit Congress and the Executive from being on corporate boards while in office, slow the revolving door, and require every Presidential candidate to disclose her tax returns. The American public has made it clear that their support isn't for sale, and we need rules in place to stop the wealthy from trying to buy it."

Closing Statement:

"I want to thank my fellow candidates, the moderators, and the audience for this debate tonight. America is ready for a change to the status quo. We are ready for the wealthy to pay their fair share so we can all benefit from universal childcare, accessible education, and paid family leave. We are ready to end the culture of corruption in Washington that has been fed by this President and his wealthy friends. We are ready for a President more concerned with the needs of the public than with Twitter feuds.

I stand here tonight running for that change, with both the plans and the experience to bring it about. Democrats can't let ourselves be run by fear of losing, but by the hope of what a win means. Winning the White House is about saying no to the politics of division, it's about laying out a vision of what a more perfect union looks like. It's not about hedging on our principles and watering down our goals because that's what consultants tell us will win. Democrats are at our best when we are fighting for the little guy, and that's what this campaign is all about. Thank you!"
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2020, 01:58:25 PM »

Tammy Baldwin Announces Congressional Endorsements

- Marie Newman (IL-03)
- Mark Kelly (AZ)
- Jessica Cisneros (TX-28)
- Barbara Bollier (KS)
- Gary Peters (MI)
- Sara Gideon (ME)
- Amy McGrath (KY)
- Christy Smith (CA-25)
- Tricia Zunker (WI-07)
- Kai Kahele (HI-02)
- Christina Hale (IN-05)
- Gina Ortiz Jones (TX-23)
- Raphael Warnock (GA-special)
- Doug Jones (AL)
- Theresa Greenfield (IA)
- Ben Ray Lujan (NM)
- Cal Cunningham (NC)
- Jaime Harrison (SC)
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2020, 12:36:04 PM »
« Edited: March 07, 2020, 12:45:08 PM by Mycool »

Tammy Baldwin Speech in Des Moines

“Running in this campaign has been the highlight of my entire career in public service. Getting to travel this country, meeting people and hearing their stories will forever shape who I am, and will propel the fight for progress that this campaign has been all about. However, it’s become abundantly clear that this race is consolidating, and quickly, behind the top three. It’s with a heavy heart that I announce the suspension of my campaign. However, we cannot allow ourselves to be disheartened, as there is still a real chance for the same big, structural change that we’ve been fighting for. My friend and fellow Senator, Kirsten Gillibrand, represents this push for progress, and I fully endorse her run for President, and ask that you do too. I know this is hard, but we can all work together to enact the change that we want to see in this country, and I believe Kirsten is the best chance for us to get it.”
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies