Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:00:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 31
Author Topic: Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread  (Read 31361 times)
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: February 01, 2020, 03:45:15 PM »

Source: Wikimedia Commons

OFFICIAL SENATE AND HOUSE VOTE ON PRESIDENT PENCE'S INFRASTRUCTURE LEGISLATION

Senate:
Ayes: 57
Nays: 43

House:
Ayes: 222
Nays: 211

Bill passes.
RGM2609
« Reply #201 on: February 01, 2020, 04:05:17 PM »

Mike Pence @presidentpence

In one of the biggest accomplishments in recent US politics, we have passed a massive infrastructure package. Massive. It will revitalize our crumbling infrastructure, providing millions of communities with clean water, safe and modern transportation, reliable electric grid, improvements in telecommunications and security infrastructure etc. Great bill! #MAGA

Curious about how Rand Paul voted on this bill...
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #202 on: February 01, 2020, 04:38:18 PM »

Abrams announces 2 new endorsements

Stacey Abrams held an event in Columbia, South Carolina with 2 of her new endorsements

I'm proud to be joined in our campaign with 2 heroes of mine: Congressman John Lewis and Reverend Al Sharpton. Reverend Sharpton has been a hero for black and brown people across the country. When I was a little girl, I always dreamed about meeting Congressman Lewis, to have his endorsement means the world. He fought on the ground for civil rights, defended African Americans from the brutal segregationists who wanted nothing but to divide and conquer. I'm honored to have these 2 great men on my team.

Rep. Lewis commented,
Stacey is a voice for the voiceless. She will be a voice to preserve voting rights. She will be a voice to stop homelessness. She will be a voice to stop the climate crisis. She will be a voice for civil rights for ALL Americans. When I was a boy, I could only dream of one day having an African American president. I never thought I would be able to say that I am supporting a WOMAN OF COLOR to be our next president. I wish Stacey and her campaign the best of luck and anything I can do for her and her campaign, I am right there.

raymundoflx
Rookie
United States

« Reply #203 on: February 01, 2020, 04:48:30 PM »

Klobuchar Reveals Iowa Endorsements

Dave Loebsack - Iowa Congressman (IA-2)

Iowa Congressman Dave Loebsack, has endorsed Amy Klobuchar’s campaign for President of the United States. Loebsack, a seven-term congressman, represents the Second Congressional District in southeast Iowa. In presidential races, it's a purple district where Former President Donald Trump garnered 49% of the vote in 2016, more than Democrat Hillary Clinton. Several counties in the district voted for Trump after voting for former President Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012. Loebsack endorsed Obama in 2007, before Obama won the 2008 caucuses. Loebsack said in a statement released by the Klobuchar campaign, “Iowans and our country face great challenges like climate change, increasing health care costs, and an economy that isn't working for the majority of Americans, they can't be solved with the same political warfare that is on display in Washington. Amy is the candidate that can heal our divides, restore decency to the presidency and bring this country together.” The Klobuchar campaign spokesperson confirmed that Loebsack will be joining Klobuchar on the campaign trail throughout Iowa.

Tom Harkin - Former Senator of Iowa

Former Iowa Senator Tom Harkin, has endorsed Amy Klobuchar’s campaign for President of the United States. Harkin served in the United States Senate for 30 years beginning in 1985 and he only recently retired at the start of 2015. Beloved by Democrats in Iowa, he carries perhaps the most influence within the party in the Hawkeye State. He endorsed Howard Dean, a favorite of liberal activists, in 2004. In 2008, he declined to endorse either Clinton or Barack Obama before the caucuses. In a statement released by the Klobuchar campaign, Harkin states “As Democrats, we’re fortunate to have a slate of candidates that are all fine individuals, but we need a fighter who has a record of getting things done and the vision for the future that will build on the progress we’ve made. For my wife, Ruth and I, that candidate is Amy Klobuchar.” Harkin noted that he shares “many of the same deeply-held beliefs” as Amy Klobuchar, highlighting his views on providing access to quality and affordable healthcare, ensuring universal pre-kindergarten to families, and building a “clean-energy economy.” Harkin was also well-known for hosting an annual political fundraiser, The Harkin Steak Fry, which drew Democratic candidates for president every four years.

Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #204 on: February 01, 2020, 05:01:58 PM »
« Edited: February 01, 2020, 05:30:57 PM by Congrats Senator Manny Sethi »

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT : ROB PORTMAN ENDORSES RAND PAUL

Quote from: Rob Portman
I am honored to be endorsing my friend and fellow member of the Senate, Rand Paul of Kentucky, as I end my Presidential Campaign. I have fought long and hard to campaign for the presidency but when recent polls came out and I saw the numbers that my friend and I had, I realized we were dividing our support. We both had 9 % in the recent primary polling and I decided that it would be better if I dropped out so my friend could continue to run a campaign focused on truly America first once more. I am honored to campaign with him and I will be honored to be with him on the trail should he become our Presidential Nominee!

Senator Portman will aid Senator Paul by campaigning for him in New Hampshire and Vermont.

SENATOR PAUL TAKES ON PRESIDENT'S ATTACKS DURING MEET AND GREET IN TENNESSEE

Quote from: Person 1
Senator, the vote on the infrastructure bill was recently passed and many of us here, including the President himself, are curious about how you voted and why you voted.

"Thanks for the question and here is the answer. In the days leading up to the vote, I was thinking long and hard, knowing that I had to stick to my principles or I could be declared morally bankrupt, but a vote against the bill would be considered being against the people. Initially, I considered voting present as I had no confirmation on what the President's plan was when introducing the budget in this Fiscal Year and he continued to keep it unclear. The day before the vote however, I received a call from an anonymous aide from the White House stating that at least one of the programs I mentioned a while back would be considered being cut off the FY 2019 Budget when introduced. Despite it not being official confirmation by the President himself, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and decided to vote in favor of the bill. I will hold the President accountable and if he agrees to cut some things in the fiscal budget, I will eagerly vote for his bills out of respect for that promise."

Quote from: Person 2
Senator, recently, you cited an article from Politico that had an analysis of a range of economists as your reason as a vote against the Tax Cut Bill. The President went up and claimed that the conservative economists were secretly supporters of you who released their findings so you could have a reason to vote against the bill. What is your response to these claims?

"Honestly, it's sad to see a President fall into the realm of Conspiracy Theories when they go after their opponent. The Article in question came out two days after the bill was announced, when I was busy campaigning elsewhere. I truly didn't have the time nor the interest to contact a media company and make up a fraudulent study with secret supporters of mine, especially when such a thing could be considered an impeachable offense and would be morally bankrupt. I would be caught dead before I ever did something like that and anyone who has followed my career in politics would know that. Now, the President's team claimed that these economists supported me, but I think there is a simple solution. In that very same article, it was asked of who the Economists supported in the past and recently, 2 of the  Conservative ones stated they supported my father, RON Paul in 2008 and 2012 but supported Donald Trump in 2016 and now support the President, just like the other 6, who supported Romney and Rubio in 2008, 2012, and 2016 before supporting President Pence. It is an understandable mistake to confuse the name of my father with my own and a trick of the eye to confuse a person and mix words when reading. But, as I said, these 8 economists stated they supported President Pence in his election bid in that article and later reiterated their support of the President on Fox News the day after his tweet came out. I have never gone into the realm of conspiracy and I never will and while I won't force one out of him, I am sure the economists would like an apology from the President."

Quote from: Person 3
Senator, recently you attacked President Pence's surrogates for attacking you on foreign policy, claiming that you knew the President told them to do the attacks. The President responded by saying he didn't mind control people on what to say and that you were being a conspiracy theorist. What is your response?

"Well, I'll be honest here and I think we should all be honest : When a surrogate attacks their candidate's opponent on the campaign trail when they're from the same party, it's very likely that they were told to attack the opponent by their candidate. We're all guilty of it, though I haven't asked or told my surrogates to do those attacks as of yet. And it is indeed mighty suspicious when a candidate takes the high road while their surrogate goes on the attack. It is reasonable to assume what happened. I won't allow any of my surrogates to attack either of my Primary opponents, as instead, if I have something to say, I'll say it myself and I encourage President Pence to use his campaign in much the same fashion."

SENATOR PAUL TO MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT BEFORE CONGRESS TO INTRODUCE BILL
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #205 on: February 01, 2020, 05:16:54 PM »

Gillibrand Announces Campaign Team
Credit to Flickr for the Photo

Campaign Manager:
David Plouffe, Former Senior Advisor and Campaign Manager for Obama 2008

Financial Director:
Dennis Cheng, Former Hillary for America Finance Director

Campaign Chair:
Steve Hildebrand, Former Obama 2008 Deputy Campaign Manager

Vice Campaign Chair:
Marcus Jadotte, Former Kerry for America 2004 Deputy Campaign Chairman

Communications Director:
Stephanie Cutter, Former Kerry for America 2004 Communications Director

Iowa Field Director:
Derek Eadon, Iowa Democratic Chairman

National Field Director:
Amy Dacey, Former Kerry for America 2004 Political Director

Campaign Treasurer:
Martin Nesbitt, Former Obama 2008 Campaign Treasurer

Volunteer Coordinator:
Jon Carson, Former Obama 2008 National Field Director

Political Director:
Thomas Wheatley, Former Kate Brown for Governor Campaign Manager

Scheduler:
Jennifer Goodman, Former Obama 2008 Campaign Scheduler

Technology Manager:
Stephanie Hannon, Former Hillary for American Technology Coordinator

Office Manager For HQ:
Patty Solis Doyle, Former Joe Biden Chief of Staff

Legal Adviser:
Clifford B. Ammons, Lawyer from Mississippi

Campaign Lawyers:
David C. Ashburn, Lawyer from Ohio
Thomas J. Bond, Lawyer from Texas
Donald C. Brey, Lawyer from Ohio
Tom Clark, Lawyer from Louisiana

Press Secretary:
Dan Pfeiffer, Former Obama 2008 Traveling Campaign Press Secretary

Senior Advisor:
Jeff Weaver, Former Bernie for Us 2016 Campaign Manager

Director of Speech Writing:
Ben Stein, Former Speech Writer for many U.S. Presidents

Director of Internet Strategy:
Kenneth Pennington, Former Bernie for Us Digital Director

Pollsters:
Ben Tulchin, Founder of Tulchin Research
Paul Harstad, Former Pollster for Obama 2008
Cornell Belcher, Former DNC Pollster

Research Director:
Devorah Adler, Former Obama 2008 Research Director

Director of State Campaigns:
Brandon Maheu, Former Director of State Campaigns for Bernie for Us

Battleground State Director:
Robert Becker, Former Battleground State Director for Bernie for Us

Regional Directors:
Dulce Saenz, Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico
Carlos Sanchez, Florida
Scott Siebel, New Hampshire and Maine
Javier Gonzales, California

National Student Organization Director:
Kunoor Ojha, Former NSOD for Bernie for Us

Lation Outreach Strategist:
John Podesta, Former Hillary for America Campaign Manager

Rapid Response Director:
Mike Casca, Former Bernie for Us RRD

GOTV Digital Director:
Melissa Byrne, Former Bernie for Us New Hampshire Digital Director

Digital Fundraising Director:
Tim Tagaris, Former Bernie for Us DFD

Digital Fundraising Manager:
Robin Curran, Former Bernie for Us DPD

Lead Graphic Designer:
Camilo Caffi, Former GD for Bernie for Us

African American Outreach Director:
Nadia Garnett, Former African America Vote Director for Hillary for America

Labor Outreach Director:
Fernando Losada, Former Labor Outreach Director for Bernie for Us

Native Outreach Director:
Nicole Willis, Former Bernie for Us NOD

LGBTQ Outreach Director:
Sarah Scanlon, Former LGBTQ Outreach Director for Bernie for Us

Muslim and Arab Outreach Director:
Ahlam Jbara, Former Bernie for US MAOD

AAPI Outreach Director:
Erica Lee, Former Bernie for Us AAPI Outreach Director

Women Outreach Director:
Alicia Toffoli, Former Bernie for Us Women Outreach Director

Director of Email Engagement:
Will Easton, Former DEE for Bernie for Us

Calling Program Director:
Kyle Machado, Former Bernie for Us CPD

Text for Alex Sink Director:
Daniel Souweine, Former Bernie for Us Text Director

National Data Director:
Willie Desmond, Former Bernie for Us NDD

National Targeting Director:
Kyle Cox, Former Bernie for Us NTD

Regional Data Desk:
John Miller, West Coast and Great Plains

National Director of Surrogates:
Rania Batrice, Former Bernie for Us NDS

National Surrogate Scheduler:
Julielyn Gibbons, Former Bernie for Us NSS

Travel and Logistics Coordinator:
Sarah Shaw, Former Bernie for Us TLC

Human Resources Director:
Aurora Hurd, Former Bernie for Us HRD
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #206 on: February 01, 2020, 05:31:12 PM »
« Edited: February 01, 2020, 05:37:40 PM by Congrats Senator Manny Sethi »

RAND PAUL INTRODUCES BILL TO CONGRESS (JULY 15TH, 2019)

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the United States Congress, I rise to introduce a bill to the floor of the United States Senate. This bill, I believe, will solve a very real problem facing our legislature in the United States Congress that will make it For The People once again. It is no secret to any of us of those who stay in congress far past their time. We have people in their seventies in eighties in Congress when we should be allowing new blood into congress. Every 20 years, we should have a generational shift in Congress to keep up with the technological progress of the decade and be knowledgeable about the issues facing the modern day generations. However, we have seen people refuse to step down and instead continue to stay in Congress until they perished. There are many, especially in recent years, but I'll name a few Senators so this list doesn't go on too long : John McCain, Republican Senator from Arizona, who served a tenure from 1983 to 1987 in the House and from 1987-2018 in the Senate, dying of Brain Cancer last year. Ted Kennedy, Democratic Senator from Massachusetts, who served a tenure of 1962-2009 in the Senate, before he died of Brain Cancer nearly a decade ago.

These two examples are men who stayed in Congress for over 30 years, a statistic I believe to be unacceptable. Thus, with the support of my fellow Senators Tim Scott and Rob Portman as well as New Jersey Senator Cory Booker, I'd like to introduce a possible 28th Amendment set to finally Drain the Swamp by bringing in term, age, and health limits to Congress. Here is the statement in the possible amendment.
"

Quote from: Proposed Term Limits for Congress Amendment
No Person may be elected to the Office of Representative more than nine times and to the office of Senator more than three times. No person shall be allowed to run for office in Congress should they be suffering from fatal illness or be over the age of 70. Any person appointed to a Senate Seat or elected to a seat by Special Election will be allowed three additional terms with their appointment or election being considered the end of a former congressional official's own term before their death or retirement. No person shall be appointed over the age of 70 unless they announce they will not run to complete the term.

"As all of you might see right now, I have added in no Grandfather clause and that's because, if a Grandfather clause did exist, then we would continue to see Politicians long outlive their welcome in Congress and continue to abuse the unlimited terms the grandfather clause of this amendment would bring. I have always been an advocate for Congressional Term Limits and I know many in this chamber share my thoughts as well. I believe I can use this moment to announce that I will not be running for re-election to the Senate in 2022 should I fail in my bid for the Presidency this year. I hope to see this possible amendment garner support across the aisle and one day pass so we can finally drain the swamp of officials who have been around for far too long."

Following the end of his rest days and his announcement, along with campaigning for the Presidency, Senator Paul would also campaign to garner support for the proposed Amendment.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #207 on: February 01, 2020, 05:47:05 PM »

Gov. Steve Bullock Official Statement on Term Limits
While I am personally ambivalent on this issue, polls have indicated that the American people overwhelmingly support term limits for our congressional representatives. Thus, I believe that Senator Paul’s initiative should at the very least be submitted to the states for approval, and as Montana Governor, I will support the decision our great legislature makes should this amendment be ratified by Congress. I urge our senators and representatives to consider not only their own interest, but the will of the people, when voting on this amendment, and I will keep in close contact with Montana’s legislature to ensure our state will benefit if this amendment reaches the Constitution.
RGM2609
« Reply #208 on: February 01, 2020, 05:48:12 PM »

President Pence's speech in Iowa related to VA reform

Hello, my fellow Americans! It feels so good to be here with you discussing a very important subject: VA reform. In the past few years, remarkable progress has been done by the Trump Administration, however it is vital to protect it and expand on it if we want for our veterans to be offered quality care like they absolutely deserve.

If I am re-elected, I will make choosing the VA secretary one of my top priorities. I will choose a man or a woman that has the guts to take on the federal bureaucracy and put the veterans that he is serving first. I will also ask Congress to pass a law that will allow the VA secretary to swiftly dismiss any employer that puts a veteran's health, well-being or safety in danger. I will also not be afraid to use the office of Presidency to put the VA in order, I will remove all federal employees and managers that don't do their job personally. At the same time, I will protect all employees who do their jobs, seek to improve the service, cut waste and save lives, and only them will receive any kind of bonuses. In this mission I will be helped by my staff, the VA Secretary and The Commission to Drain the VA Swamp that I will form. This Commission will act like Special Prosecutors, and bring to light every single fraud, cover-up and wrong-doing that happened and happens in the VA. There is a huge swamp in the VA Department, just like there is in Washington. This swamp is particularly nasty however because it is putting our veterans at risk. With this strategy, we're going to drain it very quickly, in a matter of months. It's going to be a very brief but intense take-over of competent, compassionate officials from the DC Swamp that was tolerated by the other Administrations. I won't do that mistake.

However, simply removing the swamp from the equation doesn't entirely solve the problem. We need to fix the system that it leaves behind. We will as soon as I win re-election or maybe even before it, pass legislation to reform the visa system to ensure veterans are at the front of the line for health services, not the back, increase the number of mental health care professionals, and allow veteran's to be able to seek mental health care outside of the VA and also ensure every veteran has the choice to seek care at the VA or at a private service provider of their own choice. Under a Pence Administration, no veteran will die waiting for service.

If we enact this reforms, we will absolutely have one of the world's most envied veteran health care system in the world, and I promise you that I will do just that. Thank you, God bless you and God bless the USA. Let's make America great again, everyone!
RGM2609
« Reply #209 on: February 01, 2020, 05:52:12 PM »

I have proposed months ago a term limits amendment that would limit House terms to 6 and Senate terms to 2. This is a weaker version of it. Also, there's just no way to impose an age limit for running. I believe that people of all ages have a viewpoint to bring to the table. This idea (age limit) is ridiculous. I believe the Amendment proposed by my Administration is a better way to do this.
RGM2609
« Reply #210 on: February 01, 2020, 06:03:20 PM »

Mike Pence for President ad - "Fighting" - airing nation-wide

*Pictures of young, middle aged and old Mike Pence discussing with people are shown on screen, then Karen Pence appears*

Karen Pence: I have been married to Mike for 34 years, and so I can say I know him pretty well. And what attracted me to him was his passion. His passion to fight everyday for a better life for his family, his passion to fight everyday for a better government. Since 2000, when the people of Indiana repeatedly put their trust in him to serve them as their Representative and then Governor, I have seen him work until the dusk writing legislation, going to town halls and really trying to get what the people were going through so he could help them. I have seen him caring, which is a trait which is not often found in DC or in politics. And then, President Trump selected him to join the ticket. And as Vice President and President, he has really done his best to help people like you. Tax reform, infrastructure, lobbying, health care, education. This were all issues that no one knew how to solve. And he started solving them. I've got full confidence that if re-elected, he will Make America Great Again not just for some, but for everyone.

Mike Pence: I am Mike Pence, and I approve this message.

McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #211 on: February 01, 2020, 06:17:12 PM »

Gillibrand March Campaign Schedule

March 1st - 19th: Iowa
Mason City, Iowa
- Open new Campaign Office
- Hire and Train new Staffers
- Rally with Rep. Abby Finkenauer and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Fundraiser
- Speak at the North Iowa Area Community College
- Meet with Seniors at Retirement Home
- Launch "Northern Iowa for Kirsten" Initiative

Burlington, Iowa
- Hire and Train new Staff
- Rally with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Fundraiser
- Launch "Southern Iowa for Kirsten" Initiative
- Voter Registration Drive
- Meet with local High School Students
- Speak about Middle Class Tax Cuts

Sibley, Iowa
- Launch "Rural Iowa for Kirsten" Initiative
- Pick up Campaign Bus from local RV Park

Alvord, Iowa
- Meet with Local farmers

Gray, Iowa
- Meet with Local Teachers

Clinton, Iowa
- Hire and Train new Staff
- Fundraiser

Lansing, Iowa
- Speak with Local Union Workers

Cresco, Iowa

Decorah, Iowa
- Speak with Local Farmers

Fayette, Iowa
- Speak with Local Farmers

March 20th - 30th: Nevada
Carson City, Nevada
- Fundraiser
- Rally with Sen. Jacky Rosen and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Speak at Western Nevada College
- Launch "Western Nevada for Kirsten" Initiative
- Meet with Local Union Workers
- Attend Local Concert

Smith, Nevada
- Fundraiser
- Rally with Sen. Jacky Rosen
- Meet with Seniors at Local Retirement Home
- Speak with Teachers at Local High School

Vya, Nevada
- Speak about Opioid Crisis

Midas, Nevada
- Fundraiser

March 31st: New Hampshire
Concord, New Hampshire
- Speak about Opioid Crisis
- Fundraiser
loganzombieoftime
Rookie
United States

« Reply #212 on: February 01, 2020, 08:08:01 PM »

Alex Jones Debate Answers

Photo by Jared Holt for Right Wing Watch

Opening Statement:

Hi, I’m Alex Jones. I created the online news company Infowars 20 years ago. Since then, the left has been trying to stop me every single day. When I correctly predicted that Mueller’s investigation against Trump was a fraud, I was banned from Facebook. When my audience reached into the millions, I was banned from Youtube. When I called out antifa and the mainstream media, I was banned from Twitter. I’m running to make sure what happened to me doesn’t happen to the American people. Donald Trump ran on the same message I am fighting for right now, and he got the job started. He started to build the wall, he got us out of bad globalist deals, he is bringing our troops home from places they should have never gone.  I want to finish the job Trump started and truly make America great. The social media companies, the mainstream media, they are just as afraid of me as they were of Trump. That's why they are trying to censor me. They know I can get the job done. If I am elected, I will continue the Trump journey away from elitism and away from globalism. That’s how we won in 2016 and it will be how we win in 2020. Thank you.

Personal Question:

“To Mr. Jones: A recent theory originating from 4chan claims the President of the United States may have suffered his stroke unnaturally, putting the blame on "Chinese operatives" within the White House. Do you believe these claims hold any water?”
Listen, there is no good reason why Trump could have suffered a stroke in the White House. In 2016, he had a perfect bill of health. He was out there doing 3, 4, 5 rallies a day while Hillary Clinton could barely give a speech. He was the “stamina” candidate. Nobody goes from having perfect health to a stroke in 3 years when they have access to the best healthcare in the country in the White House. If you don’t suspect foul play, you aren’t paying attention. Now, I’m not sure if the Chinese did it. I’m still listening to the evidence before I make up my mind. But the point is that Trump had good health and he should not have had a stroke under normal circumstances. There were definitely other people involved and I would not be surprised if these claims are correct.

Closing Statement:

The left has been trying to stop Trump ever since he was elected. We have all this manipulation by the media, cnn msnbc, all spreading lies. We have antifa harassing our people, destroying our constitution, suppressing our voices. In the midterms, they got the illegals to vote like never before. We saw all these safe red districts in Southern California flip after they took weeks to count the illegal votes. No matter what happened, Trump still fought. He fought for the wall, he fought for our country, he fought for our people. Now the establishment is celebrating his stroke. They know they can mislead our country once again without Trump in power. They know that most of these candidates will let them do whatever they want. The one exception is me. They know I will expose them as frauds, cheats, liars. The media has ignored me, social media companies have banned me. It’s because they are afraid. They are afraid that I will be the next Trump. They are afraid that I won’t let them rip off this country. They will do whatever they can to stop me, but ultimately you all have the votes to elect the next president. That’s why I’m asking for your vote. It is you all, we the people, versus the establishment, the media, the left. If you elect me, they will be stopped. Thank you.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #213 on: February 01, 2020, 08:43:24 PM »

(All images below are from Wikimedia Commons)

Election Update 2020
with your hosts, Wolf Blitzer and John King

Blitzer: Good evening. I'm Wolf Blitzer.

King: And I'm John King. And this is your election update.

Blitzer: And this week marked by the narrow passage of the President's infrastructure legislation, bolstered by progressives even as it was being shot at by fiscal hawks. Also, the first polling of the cycle led Senator Rob Portman to drop out and endorse his colleague Rand Paul. As for the polls themselves, the Republican race appears to be the President's to lose, as he garners nearly half the vote to Ivanka Trump's 19% and Senator Paul's 16%. Conspiracy theorists and InfoWars head Alex Jones, meanwhile, pulling in 4% support. On the Democratic side, a much less clear-cut race, with Tom Steyer, Stacey Abrams, Kirsten Gillibrand, and Seth Moulton raking in more than 10%, but several other candidates in striking distance, as well.

King: Many other news stories, as well, which you can check up on at cnn.com.

Blitzer: Numerous endorsements also flying, with almost all candidates receiving at least one. Stacey Abrams has been endorsed by civil rights leaders John Lewis and Al Sharpton, Tammy Baldwin by the SEIU, Cory Booker by the NAACP, Kirsten Gillibrand by Senator Jacky Rosen, Amy Klobuchar by Congressman Dave Loebsack and former Senator Tom Harkin, Seth Moulton by both Representatives from New Hampshire, Tom Steyer by Congressman Ted Lieu and the Sierra Club, an environmentalist organization, Rand Paul by Senator Portman and his endorsers, and President Pence by Governors Kay Ivey of Alabama, Jim Justice of West Virginia, and Phil Bryant of Mississippi.

King: You scare me sometimes, Wolf.

Blitzer: *laughs* I'm fine, really.

Blitzer: That said, tonight we have a very special guest, Stacey Abrams. Ms. Abrams, glad to have you on here.

Abrams: Glad to be here, Wolf. I'm grateful for the opportunity.

Blitzer: Glad to hear it. Now, you’ve coined the term “Medicare for All Who Want It” to describe your healthcare plan. What convinced you that “Medicare for All” wasn’t the best plan for the nation?

Abrams: One thing you know about me, and I hope all of America gets to know about me is that I'm not going to be in favor of something without knowing all of the facts. Every single medicare for all proposal that's been put forward doesn't adequately state how we will pay for this. Ideally, everyone will be on a government health care plan once I sign Medicare for All Who Want It into law. But there will always be people who'd rather keep their private insurance plans. I like the freedom of choice. In my view Medicare for All Who Want It has all of the good stuff of Obamacare and the good stuff of Medicare for All, but remedies the problems with both bills.

Blitzer: Not the usual Democratic use of "right to choose," but not an unappreciated one, by any means. Now, some of your critics have attacked you over your support for the USMCA, the signing of which, in their eyes, would result in a retroactive victory for former President Trump. Why do you support this trade agreement, and would you edit it in any way before signing it?

Abrams: I just want to preface with, I don't support the original version of USMCA. I support the rewritten version that was edited by House Democrats. They've gotten rid of the corporate control that was previously in the original draft, assures that we're adding jobs here at home, and that we're having more things made here in America. What I would say to my fellow Democrats is, who cares who wrote USMCA. Who cares if it's a victory for the President? I don't think it's a victory for Presidents Trump and Pence, I think it's a victory for the American people. So I'd like to call on my fellow candidates to join me and give credit where credit is due. I'd like to also say that this is not an endorsement of all of the Trump-Pence trade policies because there's a lot that I disagree with. However, I think USMCA is a win for the US.

Blitzer: A solid defense of a difficult position. Now, assuming you do win, what would your first 100 days be like?

Abrams: We've got several plans on what we want to do on our first 100 days. First of all, I'll instruct Congress to pass a bill requiring universal background checks for all weapons. I'm sick and tired of Republicans saying that they're in favor of universal background checks, right after a shooting, then they do nothing about it. It's all about scoring political points. I'll never forget right after the Sandy Hook shooting, a devastating shooting, to say the least. I remember President Obama called several people across the nation, I was lucky to be one of the people he asked "What would you do next?" I told the President "If I were you, I'd have a prime time address from the Oval Office explicitly explaining the contents of the background check bill. I'd explain how this bill isn't a Democratic bill or Republican bill, it's an American bill. This bill is for the good of this nation and has the support of Democrats AND Republicans." Unfortunately, he didn't take my advice. But we need to have the Gang of 8, key members of the Cabinet, the Vice President, and the President showing support for a BIPARTISAN bill requiring background checks. If Congress doesn't pass that bill within the first 100 days, I will sign an executive order doing just that.

I'll also be pardoning several people that are currently incarcerated for having just a little bit of cannabis. These nonviolent drug offenders don't need to be rotting in jail for having a little bit of cannabis, people like Alice Johnson that the President pardoned, a decision both sides praised. I'll also be pardoning Edward Snowden. What he did was not a crime, we need to protect our whistleblowers, because they're incredibly important in our society.

Lastly, I'll be signing a bill (if Congress doesn't pass it, then an Executive Order) requiring that former Members of Congress wait 3 years after retiring or losing re-election to become a lobbyist. This is just the beginning of our journey to reducing the stranglehold that big business and corporate interests have on our federal government.

Blitzer: Sweeping reform ahead, I see. Now, before you go, Ms. Abrams, if you could tell the American people one thing tonight, what would it be.

Abrams: If I could say one thing to the American people tonight, that would be that this election is the most consequential election in our history. We've got quite a few people running. Rather than give you some sort of cliche slogan or a cringeworthy ad, I'm gonna make a promise to you. I will not back down. Our nominee must be someone that's effective, pragmatic, and knows how to win. I am that person. I hear a lot of people as I travel through the country, some say they want someone that's been in government all of their life, some say they want an outsider. I'm kind of the happy-middle in there. I've never served in Washington, which I think is an accomplishment, if I'm honest. But I have some government experience. We tried an outsider, businessman as president, and we've seen how that's gone. I'm here tonight to ask you for your vote. I look forward to criss-crossing the country meeting many many voters to discuss the issues ahead of us.

I'd also just like to briefly respond to Congressman Moulton, he had a "rebuttal" to me a couple weeks ago that I never had the opportunity to fully address. Clearly, the Congressman wants to attack before discussing solutions. By his logic, the President has to be a genius on every single issue and every topic in the world. I was honest to the American people last night. I told them I had never heard of this other type of nuclear energy. I couldn't immediately decide on the spot if that was the best option. I have to do more research and I'll tell you, since I left the stage that night, I immediately researched thorium. I've discussed with a close friend of mine that I grew up with, who works at a nuclear power plant, and she told me that thorium seems to be the next step. So I'm not hiding behind a curtain after I change my position. He accused me of not answering the question fully. He said that the question was about renewable energy as a whole, it was not, it was about my position on nuclear power, which I just cleared up. But I'll also say that if he wants my position on renewable energy, I'll give it to him. We need to ban fracking and 100% invest in alternate energy sources like nuclear, solar, wind, and geothermal solutions.

Blitzer: Stacey Abrams, always a pleasure to have you on.

Abrams: Thank you for having me on tonight, I really appreciate it.

Blitzer: Glad to have you here with us. And that will be all for tonight. Tune in on Saturday for our interview with US Ambassador to the UN Ivanka Trump.

Blitzer: Until then, I'm Wolf Blitzer.

King: And I'm John King.

Both: And this has been your Election Update.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #214 on: February 01, 2020, 09:20:23 PM »

Gillibrand Released Drug Prices Plan
Credit to medium.com for the Photo

Part One: I’ll create a Pharmaceutical Czar position through a presidential order to hold the industry accountable.
As part of my administration, I’ll appoint a Pharmaceutical Czar to lead an investigative and enforcement task force, which will exhaustively audit the predatory business practices of the pharmaceutical industry. The task force will work across agencies and include officials from the Department of Justice, Health and Human Services, Commerce, the Federal Trade Commission, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and other regulatory agencies to assess every inch of their business dealings and marketing and sales practices.
Part Two:I’ll penalize and prosecute drug companies that hurt Americans.
As the joint investigative task force monitors and assesses pharmaceutical companies’ business dealings, we will penalize and prosecute where necessary. I’ll penalize drug companies that increase prices without justification, and reinvest the penalty revenue into drug research at the National Institutes of Health. I’ll also prosecute pharmaceutical companies and executives who knowingly push more addictive drugs and doses for the sake of their profits with criminal and civil charges.
Part Three: I’ll allow safe importation and negotiation of drug prices.
I’ll instruct Health and Human Services to set guidelines for the importation of safe, more affordable prescription drugs from licensed sellers in Canada. I’ll also put Medicare on the same footing as other federal health programs by allowing the program to negotiate for lower prices on prescription drugs. I believe health care is a right, and that includes having access to the medication you need. I don’t care how powerful Big Pharma is, or how infallible they think they are. I’ll fight to hold the industry accountable and lower prescription drug prices — and unlike President Pence, I’ll get it done.
Part Four: Fairier Prices
I'll Cap out-of-pocket drug spending for Medicare beneficiaries at $2,000 annually. I'll Authorize Medicare to negotiate the drug prices from the pharmaceutical industry. Allow commercial insurers to also use the negotiated price to lower drug prices for everyone, including those not on Medicare, and save taxpayers approximately $456 billion over ten years. I'll Require Medicare Part D health plans to promote the most cost-effective drugs, including generics, reducing premiums and co-pays for Medicare beneficiaries and overall U.S. health care spending.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #215 on: February 01, 2020, 09:37:22 PM »

Tammy Baldwin Summer Schedule

Source

June:

1-8th: Iowa

- Hold rally with Cindy Axne in Des Moines
- Visit Des Moines campaign HQ to expand the operation and meet with campaign staff
- Rally on forgiving student loan debt in Ames, followed by a town hall
- Stretch of town halls in central Iowa, including in Fort Dodge, Lake City, and Ida Grove
- Rally in Sioux City
- Open campaign office in Sioux City
- Town hall in Le Mars

9th-12th: Nevada

- Open campaign HQ in Las Vegas
- Meet with culinary union members on protecting collective bargaining
- Rally in Las Vegas on de-criminalizing border crossings
- Town halls in Henderson and Paradise on universal background checks and bump stock bans

13-18th: New Hampshire

- Visit campaign HQ in Concord
- Tour Concord public schools, meeting with members of the teacher's union
- Rally in Concord on Medicare for All
- Rally in Manchester on the Equality Act
- Town hall in Manchester on the impact of gun violence
- Rally in Nashua on a Green New Deal
- Open campaign office in Nashua, meeting with staff and volunteers at the launch
- Rural tour of northern New Hampshire, holding both physical and digital town halls on trade, agriculture, and the fight for 15

19-26th: South Carolina

- Rally in Charleston
- Rally in Goose Creek
- Rally in Sumter
- Rally in Columbia
- Add staff to Columbia campaign HQ
- Tour public schools in Columbia
- Host a rural tour of western South Carolina, rolling out a green infrastructure bill, which includes laying down fiber for universal broadband, updating roads and bridges to be greener, and testing and updating the water system to prevent another Flint

27-30th: Texas

- Rally in El Paso on de-criminalizing border crossings
- Town Hall in El Paso on DACA and DAPA
- Visit border communities from El Paso to Del Rio, speaking with locals on the impact of this administration's immigration policy

July

1-4th: Wisconsin

- Return home to Madison, celebrate July 4th with family and friends
- Spend downtime strategizing with the campaign team

5-10th: Iowa

- Open new campaign office in Dubuque
- Rally at Dubuque university on free college tuition and forgiving student loan debt
- Town hall in Dubuque to take questions in regard to Baldwin's education policy plan
- Rally in Cedar Rapids
- Rally in Iowa City on the fight for 15
- Rally in Davenport on fair trade policies

11-15th: Minnesota

- Rally in Minneapolis on the Equality Act
- Town hall on universal background checks and assault weapon bans
- Rally in Saint Paul on single-payer
- Rally in Rochester on Baldwin's infrastructure bill
- Rally in Mankato

16-20th: Nevada

- Rally in Reno on the ERA
- Town hall in Reno on paid family leave
- Rally in Carson City
- Digital town halls for outreach to rural parts of the state, highlighting opposition to the trade war, which hurts farmers and ranchers and increases prices in rural America

21-31st: Texas

- Complete border tour with town halls in McAllen and Brownsville
- Rally on canceling student loan debt in Corpus Christi
- Town hall in Victoria on criminal justice reform, highlighting an end to cash bail
- Rally in San Antonio on breaking down trade barriers to help farmers
- Rally in San Antonio on immigration reform
- Town hall in Austin on renegotiating and modernizing trade deals to protect American workers
- Rally in Austin on passing the ERA and the Equality Act
- Rally in Austin on overturning Citizens United
- Town halls in Round Rock, Temple, and Waco
- Rally in Dallas on increasing teacher pay
- Rally in Fort Worth on increasing access to mental healthcare for veterans
- Rally in Arlington on using American steel to rebuild infrastructure, especially in regard to pipes
- Town halls across Dallas-Fort Worth on closing tax loopholes for the wealthy

August

1-5th: Oklahoma

- Town halls in Ardmore, Davis, Pauls Valley, and Norman
- Rally in Oklahoma City on codifying Roe
- Tour public schools, speaking on how unions helped protect workers from politicians in the state stripping education funds
- Meet with union leaders in Oklahoma City, speaking with SEIU members on strengthening unions
- Rally in Oklahoma City on protecting public lands from drilling

6-12th: Iowa

- Joint Rally in West Des Moines with Cindy Axne, speaking on winning back the Midwest
- Rally in Des Moines on Medicare for All
- Digital town halls throughout the Western and Southern portions of the state, highlighting Baldwin's infrastructure plan
- Town halls in Osceola, Leon, Lenox, and Atlantic
- Rally in Sioux City on fairer trade deals
- Open new campaign office in Fort Dodge
- Rally in Ames

13-17th: New Hampshire

- Open campaign office in Keene
- Rally in Keene on education reform
- Rally in Concord on common sense gun control
- Town hall in Concord
- Rally in Manchester on canceling student loan debt
- Rally in Portsmouth on a Green New Deal
- Town hall in Portsmouth on fair trade deals

18-23rd: Massachusetts

- Rally in Boston on M4A
- Town hall in Boston on gun violence
- Rally in Salem on codifying Roe
- Rally in Worcester
- Town halls on immigration reform in Auburn, Sturbridge, and Palmer
- Rally in Springfield
- Rally in Northampton
- Rally in Amherst

24-26th: Georgia

- Rally in Atlanta on battling voter suppression
- Town halls in Atlanta suburbs on implementing common-sense gun control
- Rally in Atlanta on ending cash bail
- Rally in Athens on Baldwin's infrastructure plan

27-31st: Iowa

- Rally in Davenport on Medicare for All
- Rally in Iowa City on closing corporate tax loopholes
- Town halls in Riverside, Mt Pleasant, and Burlington
- Town halls in Ottumwa, Oskaloosa, and Pella on protecting farmers by having the USDA buy overstock
- Rally in Des Moines on strengthening unions by ending right to work laws nationally
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #216 on: February 02, 2020, 12:14:55 AM »

raymundoflx
Rookie
United States

« Reply #217 on: February 02, 2020, 12:58:26 AM »
« Edited: February 02, 2020, 01:53:35 AM by raymundoflx »

Amy’s Climate Change Plan for Rural America

Credits: amyklobuchar.com

Mobilizing the Heartland

Amy is a strong voice from the Midwest when it comes to climate change. She will give rural areas the tools they need to be leaders in clean energy production, support agricultural practices that take on climate change and make sure the heartland benefits from rebuilding a green America

Support rural clean energy production.
Clean energy, including wind and solar, is a major driver of job growth in rural areas. In fact, 99 percent of operating wind capacity is located in rural areas. As part of Senator Klobuchar’s plan to tackle climate change, she will prioritize rural energy development, including expanding storage capacity and strengthening our energy grid. And as we continue to develop advanced biofuel technologies, she will strengthen the renewable fuel standard.

• Invest in wind and solar and support rural energy development. As President, Senator Klobuchar will invest in interregional transmission lines and grid improvements to support the development of renewable energy. She will launch a grant program to help rural cooperatives develop energy storage and microgrid projects for renewable energy generation, transmission and storage. She will also support increased investment in small, distributed wind, solar and biogas projects.
  • Provide technical resources for small, rural energy producers and distributors. As President, Senator Klobuchar will push for new economic and environmental opportunities in rural America by investing in rural renewable energy development and by passing and signing into law her bipartisan Expanding Access to Sustainable Energy (EASE) Act to provide rural electric cooperatives access to technical resources and expertise to overcome the barriers to renewable energy storage and grid improvements.
  • Investing in and providing incentives for homegrown energy. Senator Klobuchar believes that homegrown biofuels are an important part of our rural economies, our nation’s energy security and reducing greenhouse gas emissions. In the Senate, she has been a leader when it comes to standing up to the Administration’s misuse of small refinery renewable fuel standard waivers. She has also worked successfully in the Senate to provide financing and grant support to biobased manufacturers.

Use green infrastructure investment to strengthen rural communities.
There is a significant infrastructure backlog in rural America. From roads and bridges to levees and stormwater systems many rural areas face infrastructure challenges that will be difficult to address without federal investment. Upgrading rural infrastructure to meet our climate goals will also provide an opportunity to address the backlog and overcome infrastructure challenges that are holding back rural America.

• Strengthen rural transportation infrastructure. Rural transportation infrastructure is at risk from the effects of climate change. As President, Senator Klobuchar will invest in the repair and improvement of rural bridges that are not part of the federal-aid highway network and invest to improve inland waterways and ports, including funding to modernize and expand outdated locks and restore ecosystems along the Mississippi.
  • Expand energy efficiency programs. Energy costs can be a significant burden on farms, small businesses and households in rural communities. Senator Klobuchar has long worked to see that we have the resources needed to provide grants to farms and rural businesses to install energy efficient technologies, and she will continue to push for additional resources. In the Senate, she authored bipartisan legislation that was signed into law that empowers the nonprofit community to make energy-efficiency improvements to their buildings and offices.
  • Upgrade levees to account for more frequent and severe floods. The floods we saw throughout the Midwest this year show why we cannot wait to upgrade our levees so they can protect communities from more frequent and severe floods. Senator Klobuchar will make upgrading levees a major focus of her infrastructure investment in the heartland.
  • Update the rural housing stock. Much of the existing rural housing stock is outdated and in poor condition, which contributes to the rural housing crisis. Investments in weatherizing and updating homes and their heating and cooling systems will build value and help renew the rural housing stock.
  • Bring high-speed broadband to every household and business in America. Broadband access can reduce commuting and make business and farms more efficient. In an effort to close the rural-urban divide, Senator Klobuchar has previously announced a commitment to connect every household in America to high-speed internet by 2022. She will focus on creating accurate broadband maps to identify areas that lack adequate access, bringing high-speed internet infrastructure to areas most in need, including by expanding Rural Utility Service grants, and providing greater incentives for existing providers to upgrade their networks to cover unserved and underserved areas.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #218 on: February 02, 2020, 04:19:45 AM »
« Edited: February 12, 2020, 01:59:46 PM by adamevans »

(source hyperlinked)
Cory's First Schedule

Campaign Constants
Always periodically travel to local campaign HQs & meet staff, emphasize crucial campaign volunteering
Always meet with campaign officials & discuss strategy, fundraising, grassroots, social media
Always visit with local Democratic, non-partisan groups, political groups, local leaders, emphasize campaign message
Always talk to anyone who wants to, no matter who they are or what their political affiliation is
Always periodically hold interviews with local radio stations and newspapers, emphasize campaign message

New Jersey (Jan. 1 - 6)
Deliberate and consult potential staff hirings in campaign preparation
Visit New Jersey NAACP officials, discuss police reform, crim. justice reform
Hold interviews with major news companies regarding 2020 election
Renounce corporate money for all future campaigns

Cory Booker announced his campaign on January 6th, 2019.
"Today, we will send a message that, in the wealthiest nation in the world, it is not acceptable that some live without justice nor opportunity. It is with that in mind that I announce my candidacy for President of the United States."

South Carolina (Jan. 7 - 19)
Hold campaign rallies in Charleston, Greenville, Columbia, Myrtle Beach
Meet with African-American seniors, emphasize expanding social security
Meet with local NAACP officials, discuss closing racial wealth gap
Tout work as mayor increasing affordable housing, reversing population trends
Receive endorsement from Barack Obama in Charleston

Alabama (Jan. 20)
Deliver speech on Selma bridge discussing history of civil rights
Meet with Barack Obama and other local African-American leaders
Visit national NAACP leaders, discuss endorsement and economic justice
Emphasize up-bringing and housing discrimination story

"The civil rights era was brought about when people of all races linked arms in marches and protests to say that justice and opportunity is not for some, it is for all. It was their success that brought us the great sermons of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr and the passage of the Civil Rights Act and the Fair Housing Act despite years of obstruction and filibusters by racist southern senators. But we must fulfill the goals of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr and the civil rights movement. We will CLOSE the racial wealth gap and provide economic justice to every community, whether it is a poor ghetto or wealthy suburb."

New Hampshire (Jan. 21 - 31)
Hold campaign rallies in Manchester, Nashua, Portsmouth
Deliver campaign speech on opioid epidemic, promise action against big pharma
Meet with local climate activist organizations to discuss net-zero emission plans
Visit local college campuses, unveil plan to cancel student debt

Iowa (Feb. 1 - 5)
Hold campaign rally in Davenport
Deliver agricultural summit speech, emphasizing rural broadband
Visit factories, farms, college campuses, emphasize economic justice message
Emphasize empowering family farmers and addressing corporate consolidation

South Carolina (Feb. 6 - 17)
Hold campaign rallies in Greenville, Florence, Columbia, Spartanburg
Visit major newspaper editorial boards for interviews, emphasize campaign message
Tour South Carolina's major cities, emphasizing reducing homelessness and raising wages
Earn endorsement from NAACP, citing Booker's mayor record, economic justice message
Receive endorsement from Jim Clyburn at campaign rally in Columbia

Unveil comprehensive plan to reduce poverty & close racial wealth gap:
1. Reinvest in low-income neighborhoods with historic infrastructure & affordable housing investments
2. Cancel all student loan debt, which is disproportionately affecting minorities and trapping college graduates
3. Introduce a 'Baby Bonds' program, creating a savings account for every newborn worth tens of thousands by 18
4. Significantly reinvest in public education, including teacher pay increases and making school meals universal
5. Raise the minimum wage to $15 p/hr and strengthen access to free & fair collective bargaining

Nevada (Feb. 18 - 31)
Hold campaign rallies in Las Vegas, Reno and Henderson
Visit local culinary workplaces, hold Q&As and town halls with workers
In Las Vegas: emphasize urban revitalization and wage increases
Meet with working moms, hold town halls discussing gun violence

Campaign Messaging
- Hammer away on Cory's message of economic justice and open opportunity for all.
- Present Booker as the candidate of MLK's dream message.
- Use social media to build the campaign and reach out to young people.
- Present Booker as the candidate of "forgotten America" and the 99%.
- Make strong initial steps at targeting African-American and other minority voters.
- Tout up-bringing and housing discrimination story.
- Tout successful record as 'superstar mayor.'
- For other references, read Cory's announcement speech.

"Mr. Booker, what do you have to say to people criticizing you for voting for President Pence's legislation on lobbying and infrastructure?"
"We have to remember why we are against this President to begin with. This President has divided America into categories and let the rich run away with more of the wealth. He has pushed tax cuts which give wealthy Americans yet another unneeded tax break to please his donors, and he has attacked the foundation of the Affordable Care Act losing millions their coverage. We are against him because he has allowed the wealthy to gain exponentially at the expense of all of us, but the proposals brought forth on lobbying reform and infrastructure investment have not meant that. I'm not sure whether it is just a political ploy to boost his re-election chances or a genuine attempt to undo the work the wealthy have done to subvert our democracy, but we will fight for progressive proposals whether they come from a Democrat or Republican."

"Mr. Booker, you've decided to cosponsor Republican Senator Rand Paul's legislation mandating term limits in Congress. Can you elaborate why you've decided to support this proposal?"
"Absolutely. When I first really began my venture into politics, I ran against a four-term mayor who had built a political machine from sheer corruption and time in office. Incumbents have begun staying in office for an egregious amount of time in America today, and it's working great for no one except the well-connected. You've got congresspeople staying in office for generations, and whether or not they joined that office with good intentions, they're being corrupted over time, building political machines, voting the way their donors tell them, just to win re-election. We've got to break that system, and term limits is one of many proposals to make it happen."

(on a smaller note, sorry for my absence from the beginning of this game. i've been preoccupied with stuff outside of the game, but i do plan to post more in the game going forward)
adamevans
United States

« Reply #219 on: February 02, 2020, 04:35:02 AM »
« Edited: February 02, 2020, 04:40:01 AM by Barron »

Cory Booker Press Release
January 2019

- Campaign Communications Director, Jeff Giertz -

The Booker Campaign is disappointed to announce that Cory Booker will not be attending CNN's 'Commander-in-Chief' town hall. Due to a hefty amount of campaigning the week of the debate and several pre-planned events, the candidate will not be able to make an appearance due to scheduling conflicts between the campaign's planned events and the date of the debate. We look forward, however, to appearing and participating in all future town halls and presidential debates and spreading Cory Booker's message of justice and opportunity for all. Until then, we hope all the candidates appearing have a great night at the 'Commander-in-Chief' town hall.

RGM2609
« Reply #220 on: February 02, 2020, 08:28:03 AM »

Mike Pence's speech on the Second Amendment - september 2019, Iowa

Hello, my fellow Americans! Thank you for having me and it's good to be with you. It really is. Now, I want to talk to you about a very important issue, namely the Second Amendment and the Constitution at large. First of all, there is no doubt that the Second Amendment was put in place to protect the right to keep and bear Arms of all Americans. That right is clear, and should not be infringed upon with any bureaucratic measures like the ones proposed by the Democrats or with anything at all. No ifs, no buts, that right is inalienable, period. And as President I am treating and will always treat it as such. I will also nominate Justices to our Supreme Court that treat is as such, will protect it and will protect our Constitution as it was written. And what we really need is not more federal intervention, but better enforcement of the laws that we have, getting serious about prosecuting violent criminals. I will also bring back and expand programs like Project Exile and get gang members and drug dealers off the street. When we do, crime will go down and our cities and communities will be safer places to live. I will also empower law-abiding gun owners to defend themselves, because the police can't be everywhere at all times, as great as it is. Another priority for me will be fixing our broken mental health system. All of the tragic mass murders that occurred in the past several years have something in common – there were red flags that were ignored. We can’t allow that to continue. We must expand treatment programs, and reform the laws to make it easier to take preventive action to save innocent lives. Most people with mental health problems are not violent, but just need help, and these reforms will help everyone. I will also protect the rights of gun owners by expanding the right to carry to all 50 states, abolishing gun-free zones in military bases and recruiting centers, abolishing gun and magazine bans and make background checks currently in place work rather than expanding a broken system.

If we do this, we will have the Second Amendment working for all Americans and protect the constitutional rights of everyone while preventing crimes. And that's what I intend to do. Thank you, and let's make America great again!
RGM2609
« Reply #221 on: February 02, 2020, 08:50:13 AM »

Mike Pence's schedule in October 2019

Mike Pence is going all in the Midwest in October. While September was all about Iowa, now the President sees an opportunity in Ohio, where he wants to win now that Rob Portman is out of the race. He is reportedly lobbying hard for an endorsement from Mike DeWine, but even without it he is canvassing through the state while sometimes crossing into Pennsylvania. He is campaigning on Trump's accomplishments on trade and the USMCA, as well as on "the ongoing draining of the swamp" that he started. He spent about 10 days in Ohio, 9 in Iowa, 5 in Pennsylvania, 2 in New York and the rest in Washington.
RGM2609
« Reply #222 on: February 02, 2020, 08:53:51 AM »

Pence Administration submits its own Amendment on term limits to Congress

Seeing as the moment for this issue is being stolen by Rand Paul, President Pence submitted his own Amendment to the Constitution related to this issue. The amendment lowers the term limits from 3 to 2 terms for Senators and from 9 to 6 terms for US Representatives. It also gets rid of the age limit and it waters down the health requirement to "if they suffer of a medical condition that makes them mentally incapable of fulfilling their duties". The Administration hopes this version will be more acceptable to Congress than the one proposed by Paul.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #223 on: February 02, 2020, 10:08:28 AM »

ABRAMS ANNOUNCES CAMPAIGN STAFF

The photo above doesn't indicate an endorsement from Speaker Pelosi. The photo is from the Wikimedia Commons

Campaign Manager:
David Axelrod, former Senior Advisor to President Obama and Chief Strategist for the Obama campaigns

Financial Director:
Penny Pritzker, former Secretary of Commerce under the Obama administration

Campaign Chair:
Symone Sanders, former National Press Secretary for the Sanders 2016 campaign

Communications Director:
Brian Fallon, former press secretary for the Clinton 2016 campaign

National Field Director:
Jen O’Malley Dillon, former Obama staffer and former campaign manager to Beto O’Rourke
RGM2609
« Reply #224 on: February 02, 2020, 11:27:16 AM »

President Pence's starting points in childcare affordability and paid family leave reforms were leaked

A fact sheet worked by the Pence Administration related to the planned childcare affordability and paid family leave reforms was leaked to the press today. Here are the main points of the 25-page document:

1. Pass a child care and elder care tax deduction (main point of the plan but not yet clear whether it will be included in this reform package or in the tax reform 3.0): The deduction will exclude child care costs from income tax for kids up to the age of 13, will include parents, foster parents and adoptive parents and will cover up to 4 children per family. The exclusion will apply to all different kinds of childcare, but limited to the average cost of child care in the state of residence. Similarly, there will be a deduction for elder care of up to $5000 per year, but limited to only those who need it to stay in the workforce, and cover costs of home care or adult day care. For those not paying income tax due to their very low income, President Pence plans to raise the Earned Income Tax Credit for those who have costs of child care and elder care and don't pay income tax. The credit boost will be half of the payroll tax paid by the lowest earning parent.

2. Create child care savings accounts: This will provide Americans with the option of creating child care saving accounts. Annual contributions to a dependent care savings account and earnings on the account will not be subject to tax. Immediate family members and employers will also be able to set aside funds in these accounts, which will be established for the benefit of specific individuals, including unborn children. Total contributions could not exceed $2,000 per year from all sources, but balances in a DCSA will rollover from year-to-year so that substantial amounts could be accumulated over a period of years. When established for a child, parents can use the accumulated funds to enroll their kids in a school of their choice or for other enrichment activities that prepare them for their future. Funds remaining in the account when the child reaches 18 can be used for higher education expenses. To encourage low-income families to establish DCSAs for their children, the government will provide a 50 percent match on parental contributions of up to $1,000 per year. That’s an extra $500 per child for families that qualify. When established for an elderly dependent, the funds can be used for adult day care, in-home or longterm care services.

3. Create a new market for family and community-based solutions: The plan will reduce regulations that disproportionately favor center-based care to create a new, dynamic market for family-based and community-based solutions. Families will be given the power and information to choose who will be providing care and where that care will be provided without fear of loss of government benefits. The marketplace will be free to develop alternatives that provide care where needed, and at the times when people who work irregular hours need care. In addition, informal networks of friends and relatives are an important source of childcare. The costs of such care will be excluded from tax under the plan if allowed by the state.

4. Incentivize employers to offer child care at the workplace: The plan will incentivize employers to provide childcare at the workplace by making the existing tax credit for employer-based childcare facilities more effective, and will allow the same income tax exclusion allowed to individuals to businesses that contribute to an employees’ cost of childcare.

5. Provide 6 weeks of maternity leave to new mothers: The plan will enhance Unemployment Insurance (UI) to include 6 weeks of paid leave for new mothers so that they can take time off of work after having a baby. This would triple the average 2 weeks of paid leave received by new mothers.

This plan was not officially endorsed by the Administration but it seems to be the leading option. The Press Secretary admitted that this is under consideration.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies